AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Old 2007-08-30, 15:33   Link #21
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0
According to a Sanin Sasuke has more potential, so who knows... Could be only a bait, but Orochimaru seemed pretty straight when he said that.
Not only did Oro say that but Tobi/Madara also said that Sasuke's eyes will surpass Itachi's. I think that pretty much means that Sasuke was meant to eventually grow stronger than Itachi and defeat him. However, that also implies that Sasuke hasn't reached Itachi's level yet. Still, he will get there sooner or later.
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 17:30   Link #22
Zek
Eyebrows...

Sasuke can't beat Itachi now. Just look at how much trouble he had with Deidara, and then throw in the MS and it's a no-brainer. I fully expect him to win in some sappy way though, like Itachi allows himself to be killed in the end because he really does have a soft spot for his little brother, or something like that.

One thing I do not want to see happen is Sasuke to have a happy ending, like being accepted in Konoha again, if he succeeds in killing Itachi. He chose to betray his friends for the sake of satisfying his lust for revenge. I think for him to be redeemed he should first have to see that his choice was wrong. He shouldn't be able to reap the benefits of running to Oro and then just walk back into Konoha like nothing happened. I'm hoping for one of two outcomes:

1.) A tragic ending - Sasuke succeeds in killing Itachi, only to realize that there's nothing left for him anymore and it's too late to go back to his old friends. Just like Kakashi told him from the start: "Even if you are successful in your revenge, all you'll be left with is emptiness."

2.) Someone else, i.e. Naruto, ends up killing Itachi. Not only do we have an ideal setup for a final grudge match, but Sasuke has no choice but to recognize the folly in his ways - that he abandoned his village for nothing. He needs to be taken down a peg and come crawling back to Konoha on his knees before they should accept him.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 17:35   Link #23
Sasuke_Bateman
No

Itachi and everyone else who faces the greatness that is Uchiha Sasuke.
Old 2007-08-30, 18:15   Link #24
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
Sasuke can't beat Itachi now. Just look at how much trouble he had with Deidara, and then throw in the MS and it's a no-brainer. I fully expect him to win in some sappy way though, like Itachi allows himself to be killed in the end because he really does have a soft spot for his little brother, or something like that.
he had trouble with dei dei because:

deidara was already fight against sharingan once and was ready to face another fght. sasuke didnt know that.
deidara was taken lighlty by sasuke.almost got his butt kicked a fatal mistake.
sasuke was near 2 against 1.(a little help)

if it was 1 on 1 and a fight to the death it may end differently.

so its not important who pwned deidara faster or better.

itachi was suprised against sasukes speed and attitude...
i dunno if he can beat itachi but will surely give him a problematic time
at least better than last fight.
Old 2007-08-30, 22:00   Link #25
Maitasuke Uchiha
Madara+Itachi+Sasuke=Me

sorry about the manga thing first thread. I dont want Sasuke to win but i have i feeling that itachi ,if he dies, is gonna die in a homo way and i dont want that to happen to my favorite akatsuki.

The greatest ninja Konoha has ever produced.
Maitasuke Uchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 18:57   Link #26
FuzzyWuzzy

Ok Itachi took out a whole clan. Not just a simple clan, it's the Uchiha clan. He took out one of the best blood line clans in the Naruto World at Sasuke's age right now. You think Sasuke has the power to do that? Hell, no.
FuzzyWuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 19:31   Link #27
Da_truth

Sauke would end up with his ass kicked and beaten. Itachi wins obviously. He can kill Sasuke whenever he feels like it, I think he killed his clan for a damn good reason, and I dont think he is evil. I think he is working for a greater goal, and sacrifices were needed for the goal. And when the goal is complete he would want Sasuke to kill him for what he did to acheive the goal. ITachi would still beat Sasukes punk ass but He might ALLOW Sasuke to kill him.
Da_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 20:22   Link #28
Vizard.King
Fear the Vizard

if im correct sasuke's sharingan got pretty close to the mangekyo during his valley of the end fight if u look closely when he has the sharingan in
CS2 form, so maybe he can use tskuyomi and nothing else that requires the MS after all he did take kabuto to another world to show how he beat orochi.
Old 2007-08-31, 20:25   Link #29
Da_truth

No, I dont think that is correct. Itachi is the only one shown so far who can use that technique. And when did he take Kabuto to another world? I dont remeber that happening, ever.
Da_truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 20:51   Link #30
vision55

Itachi will not lose to Saskue, because if Saskue does in fact kills Itachi he will be a worthless character in the Story...because uhhh "i want to kill my bro so bad"....uhh "i killed him" so what now...I think it would be better if Itachi kills Saskue so that Naruto will now have a better reason to kill Itachi.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 22:47   Link #31
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
Itachi will not lose to Saskue, because if Saskue does in fact kills Itachi he will be a worthless character in the Story...because uhhh "i want to kill my bro so bad"....uhh "i killed him" so what now...I think it would be better if Itachi kills Saskue so that Naruto will now have a better reason to kill Itachi.
I second this idea. That would be soooo awesome. Naruto gets all pissed again and fights Itatchi enraged. Ooooo hu hu, it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling inside.
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 05:51   Link #32
Nameless

I agree with two points made in this thread:
Sasuke's build up becomes worthless if he defeats Itachi and kills him.
Sasuke shouldn't be allowed a happy ending if he does.

I also don't think Sasuke is that great where he is now. Sure he's like the Second Coming of Orochimaru but really a lot of his victories are empty. His only legitimate victory was against Deidara who WAS one of Akatsuki's strongest members.

I honestly think it was a 1 on 1 fight though.

Knowing Tobi's capability and strength, if he really wanted Deidara to win, he would've. Tobi's probably above Pein's level (Which I've felt all along) and if he jumped in that fight, Sasuke would've been dead as fried chicken.

My prediction: Itachi will either be defeated or find a way to win, but he won't die. Even if Sasuke beats him I don't see him dying. The reason I believe this is because the last main character to legitimately die was Sarutobi if you think about it. They didn't even kill off Orochimaru, they FOUND a way to bring him back from the dead, and considering Itachi's utility to the story I really doubt they'd cut him loose this early.

I'd imagine Naruto killing him this early more-so than Sasuke, which would make a lot more sense.

Plus, fundamentally there's no way for Sasuke to defeat Itachi. If Itachi doesn't want to die, he'll use MS and Sasuke will lose, period. He's never faced MS, he's not equipped to deal with it and having Team Hebi interrupt it is something beyond even Sasuke's attitude. He wouldn't want his underlings souring his victory he long awaited. And if Itachi doesn't use MS on Sasuke, it'd be one of those cheesy "I wanted you to kill me" victories and we all know that's not what's in store for him. At least I hope not.
Nameless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 06:25   Link #33
shadowyondaime
Sponsor: Naughty Konoha!

Send a message via MSN to shadowyondaime
why would itachi bring ask himt o go to the uchiha hideout I tink hes gonna explaine some things to sasuke before they going to fight/ or not.
This signature has been fed to carnivorous forum bunnies in an attempt to tame them. It is a proven fact that they are attracted to signatures which break the signature rules. So far, while the bunnies are eager to gobble yummy signatures, they are far from tame and only occasionally allow a moderator to pet them safely. Many more oversized signatures need be sacrificed to the effort; the bigger, the yummier.
shadowyondaime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 10:20   Link #34
iBeast

Sasuke and Itachi will probably show off some attacks but it won't probably be that final confrontation everyone is waiting for. Also, I think that when Sasuke gets to the Uchiha hideout, Naruto will be there as well.

I think Itachi is trying to set up a match between Naruto and Sasuke for several reasons. One obvious reason would be, after finding out that Naruto cared so much for Sasuke in their coversation at the forest, he confirmed that Naruto was Sasuke's best friend.

Hence, Itachi wants Sasuke to achieve the MS, which is the real reason Itachi did not kill Sasuke years ago, because he saw the potential his brother had.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 14:52   Link #35
mayhem

Who know if they will even end up truely fighting...its going to be an interesting situation.. likely in 2-3 chapters, if naruto doesn't interrupt sasuke on his way there.
mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 19:05   Link #36
Siege

Now i know i'm probably gonna got flammed for this but Sasuke already the Mangekyou Sharingan he's had it for a while

to me it seems that the Mangekyou sharingan act's like an ability/Personallity multiplier eg.

Itachi - Very Adapt at using genjustu before he even recieve the MS(Though this theory is only born out by the tsukiyomi, Amaterasu seem's to be an offensive justu)

Kakashi - Very fast at Performing most of his vast jutsu arsenal and great chakra control (Dimention Warp thing)

Sasuke - Very Skilled Taijutsu + Ninjutsu user - CS2 - In the valley of the end when sasuke was CS2 with his sharingan active his's eye's changed to what looked suspiciosly like a 3 Bladed fuuma shuriken and he attained it through nothing more than raw hatred for naruto and a strong murderous intent

Please don't Flame me just giving my 2 pence
Old 2007-09-02, 20:30   Link #37
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]

You know what would be awesome? If Sasuke just defeated Itachi, and left. If he just realized that he was playing into Itachi's hands again. That would be badass. I am no kind of Sasuke fan, but....that would make me a believer.
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 21:55   Link #38
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I think Sasuke could beat Itachi if he bides his time. After all, once Itachi goes blind from overusing his MS, won't he be an easy target?
Old 2007-09-03, 15:00   Link #39
bankia1234

First stop, i would point out somethings, Sasuke was trained by Orochimaru correct? Second Sasuke did surpass Orochimaru in certain ways but Sasuke still has a slim chance of defeating Itachi since Itachi obtains the MS. But theres something really important i have to point out. After defeating Orochimaru, Sasuke was then really of obtaining the MS, which might mean that he might of a 40% out of 100% he might defeat itachi.
bankia1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 15:04   Link #40
bankia1234

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu View Post
Not only did Oro say that but Tobi/Madara also said that Sasuke's eyes will surpass Itachi's. I think that pretty much means that Sasuke was meant to eventually grow stronger than Itachi and defeat him. However, that also implies that Sasuke hasn't reached Itachi's level yet. Still, he will get there sooner or later.
And yes, Sasuke's eyes will very well surpass Itachi's eye soon.... Sasuke will very well grow up to be a emotionless guy
bankia1234 is offline   Reply With Quote