AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-12-04, 12:14   Link #81
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
^about that round house kick nah...I'm not Chuck Norris :P

Well anyways I was only saying alot is left to interpretation...I'm still waiting to see what these confrontations will bring to the story thus far. You have Tobi confronting Naruto's team and Itachi letting Sasuke confront him. I still wonder if Kishimoto planned to have all three eyes in this arc...i.e. Sasuke, Hinata, and Rinnegan or if it was just done as a coincidence...
I dunno, that seems like a pretty big coincidence; I'd argue that he did it on purpose. I can't see Kishi sitting there writing, and then suddenly saying "Oh wow, I have all three great doujutsu in this arc and didn't even realize it!" Not knowing that he had all three in the arc would lead me to believe that he had no plans for demonstrating all of their power relative to each other. This still may not happen, since the Rinnegan user is not anywhere near the Sharingan and Byakugan users, but he can still show a comparison of all three of their powers.

Regarding the Itachi/Sasuke confrontation: I'm curious to see what is going to come from it. Sasuke's argument that he only formed a team to make sure no one else would interfere with him and Itachi made me wonder what he would have done with them if Kisame had not met up with Team Hebi; kill them? ask them politely to stay away? It didn't seem like Suigetsu, Juugo or Karin wanted to be kept out of the battle, they were just forced to due to unforseen circumstances. And what's this "What do you see with your Sharingan?" question? Clearly there's some hidden meaning behind that question, but is Itachi going to explain himself before the confrontation, or will he die and explain as a last speech, like we've seen so many times before? Lastly, I just don't know about the battle that would ensue between the three of them. We've really only seen the Sharingan techniques of Itachi thus far, but Mangekyou seems like a big hill to get over for Sasuke, unless he's somehow gotten it himself. And then, even if he has gotten it, will it be as strong as Itachi's? Will his curse seal affect the usability or function of it? Sasuke's been hidden from us for so long, that it's difficult to make any assumption about the extent of his powers. Sure he made easy work of Deidara (personal opinion, but he didn't really take any damage in the fight until the very end), and sure he's Kishi's favorite character (or so it would seem), but we know so little about him since the time-skip, other than he seems to be able to use the Chidori ad nauseum, and has some sort of power upgrade, either in Sharingan, curse seal or both.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
I'm going to allow the speculations about Sasuke's current strength level related to Itachi's considering the current plot but if it degenerates into a sordid Vs. thread mess it will be quickly closed. Note this : you are not required to reply to this thread if you do not have something useful to say.
This will be the only warning, if I have to ban people over pointless answers then so be it.
@The Chaos - I think comments like that are what Hunter's above post is talking about. It's nice to have an opinion; hell, everyone's got one. However, just saying it without any supporting argument as to why, is stupid and contributes nothing to the conversation.
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg

Last edited by Quzor; 2007-12-04 at 12:35.
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 17:09   Link #82
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
^ in my whole post if you read it I mentioned that we're not sure if his speed is greater than Lee's post-timeskip, besides we don't know if Lee's speed has grown or not...we just know that he's really fast.
I think we can agree that Lee (and Gai) is faster than anyone when he opens 5 or more gates, but thats his ultimate attack. We should talk about his normal speed, which does not have to be "turned on", i mean he can do it without a powerup. Sasuke's CS2 and Naruto's kyuubi is a similar powerup, so we should not consider it as a normal case. When Sasuke deals with team-yamato he does not power up to CS2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
Sasuke mentions that Deidra was stronger than he expected. Than Karin states that this can't be true since he defeated Oro., which Sasuke replies Oro. was in a weakend state (talking about why he managed to defeat Oro.), which is why I think it implies the reason he won against Oro. was because he was in a weakend state.
I understand your reasons, but i think Sasuke merely defended Orochimaru. I mean Sasuke did hate Orochimaru for what he is but at the same time he had some sort of respect for Orochimaru's knowledge and abilities. Orochimaru was his master for almost 3 years, he gave him the knowledge of a lot of jutsu, he gave him Manda to survive against Deidara and he gave him CS2 as a powerup. Also Sasuke mentioned the amazing healing power of the snake, when he was healing so fast.
For Sasuke to kill Itachi is more important than his own life, so when he killed Orochimaru instead of giving him his body it was a clear message that he thinks he is stronger than Orochimaru. But he knows that Orochimaru is weaker than Itachi, and now we see Sasuke attacks Itachi. It is clear that Sasuke considers himself as someone who is able to kill Itachi (even if he can do it only with a suicide move), and therefore being stronger than Orochimaru, otherwise he would never kill Orochimaru. If Oro were stronger than Sasuke then Sasuke would have given him his body as a tool to kill Itachi. So if you say that this logic does not apply that's equal to saying that for Sasuke his own life is more important then killing Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
It was in the cave that he mentions that Itachi was still stronger than him and Oro., but at the same token time has passed by and he may actually now believe he can take Itachi. I'm not really disagreeing with anything said I'm just looking at how some of these events can be interpreted differently
I think Sasuke seeking Itachi for the whole time can be interpreted only one way: he has the confidence that he can kill Itachi, and he says so multiple times. That is his only dream now, if he had the smallest doubt of failing he would not search for Itachi but do training or if he is very desperate then search Naruto and kill him to gain MS. Going after Itachi without the MS is both arrogant and nice of Sasuke, i mean it's arrogant from him to think he can actually succeed, but it's nice to see that he does not want to become like Itachi and kill his best friend. Sasuke had worst decision to make in the whole Naruto manga: to become a monster to kill a monster or remain a good guy but risk of failing to achieve his lifelong dream. If he kills Naruto he becomes like Itachi, if he does not he may lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
As for Yamato I'm just saying we don't know enough about him to make a clear referance of speed. Personally I agree that Sasuke is prob. one of the fastest characters in the Naruto Universe.
I think we will never "know enough", he is just a side character. There are so many side characters in Naruto that they will not get too much screen time. The side characters that get more screen time should be the young ones, ex-genins like Shikamaru and even the newly introduced Suigetsu and Karin.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 17:14   Link #83
Naotaka
Sensei
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Damn so much of my work is now a waste =*( Guess the mods didn't share my sence of humor....

LoL, alright jokes aside I was thinking about the Uchia clan, and figured this would be a good place to post a theory.

Ok as we know, the sharingan displays an evil property. In order to ascend from the normal sharingan to the mangekyou sharingan, it is said you have to kill your best friend. Though I do not know for sure how Kakashi aquired his MS it is possible that because Kakashi lost his best friends (though not directly responsible for it) the MS activated over time because of this also.

If that is the case, a strange theory occured to me. As far as Itachi knew Sasuke was the only one, at that time who had the potential to activate the MS in his village. Sasuke was sparred at the time while the rest of the villagers were killed. Then Itachi even told Sasuke how to activate the MS. The encounters between Itachi & Sasuke till now have ended with, Itachi beating Sasuke up but sparred his life, telling him that he needs to get stronger. And now that the two meet again, Itachi ask Sasuke what he is able to see with his Sharingan.

Here is my theory, it might be possible that the Sharingan has another level past the MS. The only way to aquire such a level would be to kill another MS user, since killing people for more power is not out of question when dealing with the sharingan. It's possible that the only reason Itachi sparred Sasuke upto this point is for this reason and this reason only. He obviously had no problems killing his family, so I don't see why Sasuke would of been so different, since at the time Itachi already had the MS techniqully meaning he was already as powerful as he could be, so why wait for Sasuke to get stronger? However if this theory proved to be true it would explain, why Sasuke was spared and why Itachi told Sasuke so much about the sharingan in the first place.

Also if this is the case, I would imagine that Sasuke would loose to Itachi again, only to have Itachi tell him to aquire the MS and not to bother him anymore until that point. The other reason I belive this, is that in my opinion I think it's to early in the manga to settle the whole Uchia conflict, I don't see it actually happening, until just before the group is ready to completly dispose of Tobi once and for all, and right now it's just not his time.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 21:15   Link #84
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naotaka View Post
Also if this is the case, I would imagine that Sasuke would loose to Itachi again, only to have Itachi tell him to aquire the MS and not to bother him anymore until that point. The other reason I belive this, is that in my opinion I think it's to early in the manga to settle the whole Uchia conflict, I don't see it actually happening, until just before the group is ready to completly dispose of Tobi once and for all, and right now it's just not his time.
I dunno about that, since that's exactly what happened the last they met. Only, the last time that led to Sasuke getting stronger by going to Orochimaru for strength. This time, I don't really see where Sasuke would turn to for additional strength, especially if he needed to get a new level of Sharingan.

But still, I agree that it doesn't really feel like their fight should be finished yet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger
Than Karin states that this can't be true since he defeated Oro., which Sasuke replies Oro. was in a weakend state (talking about why he managed to defeat Oro.), which is why I think it implies the reason he won against Oro. was because he was in a weakend state.
Not really. Karin wondered how Sasuke was in such bad shape after fighting Deidara whereas he didn't have a scratch after fighting Oro. When Sasuke responded that Oro was already weakened, he was explaining how he managed to beat him with such little effort, not admitting that he only won because Oro was already weak .
Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 06:53   Link #85
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
I don't see Sasuke beating Itachi at this point in the story. I see him holding his own but I think Kishimoto is trying to throw us with this "Final Battle" situation.

Why did Itachi seek out Sasuke so quickly and why did he want to speak to Naruto?

What is the "true purpose" of Mangekyo Sharingan and its connection to Uchiha Madara and Kyuubi?

In this battle I expect Itachi to be a bit more serious than he's ever been but that it ends with a new revelation that moves the plot, giving Sasuke something else to focus on besides revenge and making it clear that though the gap has lessened, Itachi is still stronger and Sasuke still needs to grow.
__________________
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 07:00   Link #86
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I'd laugh if Orochimaru suddenly takes control when Sasuke is about to beat Itachi, only to see Sasuke beaten like a loser again (even funnier if Orochi wins the fight instead). That's be pretty hilarious and badass of Orochi. I'm not a particular fan of Orochimaru, but I would not think that is out of the realm of possibility. I actually think something like that is more likely than a straight fight between the siblings.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 07:34   Link #87
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Age: 29
I think Sasuke beat Orochimaru rather decisively. He is lying dormant in that alternate dimension, imprisoned by that organic gunk that his previous victims have around them.

I don't like that bizarre plot twist where Kabuto lost purpose in life and spliced his genes with Orochimaru's. Kishi pretty much ruined his character with that. I hope the real Orochimaru comes back and considering the flashbacks of the Sannin and Sasuke's comment about the White Snake's healing powers it would appear as though Oro is not forgotten to the story. But his main purpose in the story seems to be as benchmark of growth for Sasuke. I don't see him interfering.

Sasuke being in control of Oro's abilities rather than vice versa was actually a good plot twist. Revenge against Itachi is his destiny not Orochimaru's.
__________________
MysticNinjaJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-05, 15:57   Link #88
Goshin
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: somehwre between this world and the next
Send a message via AIM to Goshin Send a message via Yahoo to Goshin
isn't it true that kabuto has the ability to regenerate withou decreasing his years(shouldn't that mean he is naturally imortal?). if so that will make orochimaru/kabuto an even more dangerous oponent. also has there been an explanation for kabuto's demon eyes? Have the cought the 8-tails yet? maybe its inside kabuto.
__________________


"The Journey of thousand miles begins with the first step"

Goshin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-07, 13:09   Link #89
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
I don't think Sasuke will beat him, and if he does, he wont kill him, Itachi will escape. I feel he has a more important role to the story then what has been reveald.
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 17:12   Link #90
hierophant
anime freak
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Brazil
I think the current sasuke have the same level than itachi.
hierophant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-08, 17:23   Link #91
vision55
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
The only reason that Saskue will win is because His big bro will let him. If Saskue wins, as I said before he will become a useless character due to the whole "I am an avenger" bull sheet, now that he has avenged what will he do aside from repopulate the world of Uchihas. Big bro will lose in order for a greater plan to take place, and that is the only foreseeable scenario. Lets all give thanks to TOBI.
vision55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 01:23   Link #92
7thFonon
seventh fonon
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
I think Itachi is going to talk to Sasuke instead of fighting him. I just don't see why he would just be sitting there so casually, knowing somewhat of how powerful Sasuke is, after knowing he beat Oro and Deidara (so lame how he won >_< ). And Deidara was on a whole other level from the time we saw him face Itachi in that flashback. Remember he trained specifically to fight the Sharingan since that day. So when Sasuke beat Deidara, you need to put that into account, not to mention that Deidara had some idea of how his genjutsu worked.
At this point, I think Itachi knows that Sasuke is on a higher tier than himself.


If he does fight him...Sasuke better win, because that just means that Deidara's years of training to fight the sharingan were worth nothing, if Sasuke loses to Itachi. It would be pointless to see Sasuke lose then keep coming back to Itachi repeatedly until he wins. Sasuke has to win here, Itachi must go down.

And Itachi won't "let" Sasuke win, he will give it his all. If he were to let Sasuke win, there was no point to leave with Oro for all those years to become powerful enough to beat Itachi. So basically both Deidara's and Sasuke's whole life purpose was meaningless if Itachi lets Sasuke win.
7thFonon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-09, 04:46   Link #93
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
I've read a lot of posts in this thread, but I'm still not really sure if Sasuke can beat Itachi. I mean, unless Itachi goes completely blind in the interim between their final showdown Itachi still has the MS to fall back on, whereas Sasuke does not. That already gives Itachi the edge Sharingan-wise. And no offense intended to Sasuke, but Itachi has vastly more experience than does Sasuke, so I would wager he is far more capable than Sasuke is at using his Sharingan. However, we also have to take into account Sasuke's ridiculous strength at CS level 2, so in the end, would they not be an even match (or close to one)?

Edit: Oh, and if Sasuke takes Itachi on one-on-one, if Sasuke gets caught in a genjutsu, his defeat is assured, more or less. It's been seen in the past that even exceptional shinobi such as Kakashi were not able to break out of Itachi's genjutsu.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 22:05   Link #94
Ban kai
bleach luver
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Soul Society
if sasuke has been training itachi coulda been training too, but i think itachi will let him win
__________________
I joined this site 2/23/08 and I've already made over $25!
http://www.treasuretrooper.com/374417
Ban kai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 21:30   Link #95
illwill03
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
the way sasuke got his ass kicked by didahara or how every you spell it, hell no. lets not forget wat itachi did to kakashi. and without MS and his cursed seal stated weakend sasuke will definitly lose, unless itachi becoming blind come's into play, because the second time kakashi and itachi fought he does mention this and itachi was rather surprised about how much he knew.

sasuke barly beat didahara and didahara is no match for itachi , as shown in flash back, not even orochimaru could beat him.
__________________
illwill03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 04:29   Link #96
Mandrake
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2004
Sasuke, apart from killing his brother wanted to revive the itachi clan...didn't he?
Who's he gonna bang to accomplish that?
Mandrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 08:08   Link #97
Naotaka
Sensei
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Lol the Itachi clan. I like that, it has a much better ring to it, then the Uchia clan. But sadly Kishi made Sasuke to supposedly be increadibly hot. You can tell from the way every girl back in the academy wanted to go out with him, along with Karen. If he does actually manage to live long enough, I don't think it will be a problem for him, asuming he isn't actually ***, since he definetly acts it.
Naotaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-15, 23:53   Link #98
sanzo
33million Humming Brook
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ask me no questions and ill tell u no lies
Age: 21
maybe sasuke fights is almost evenly match and can hold his own but loses and yet again itachi says "bitch didn't i tell you to get the damn ms" pushing sasuke to realize that he has to kill naruto to obtain it so he can finally get revenge on his bro. thus leading to a battle between naruto and sasuke. on second thought that sounds kinda stupid nvm. FYI- why doesnt anyone ever take into acount that itachi might have been training in the timeskip and is now three years stronger.
sanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 12:27   Link #99
siya
An Intellectual Idiot
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: The Internet, ranging from the World of Warcraft------Deviantart----and much more!..My mostly WoW
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vision55 View Post
The only reason that Saskue will win is because His big bro will let him. If Saskue wins, as I said before he will become a useless character due to the whole "I am an avenger" bull sheet, now that he has avenged what will he do aside from repopulate the world of Uchihas. Big bro will lose in order for a greater plan to take place, and that is the only foreseeable scenario. Lets all give thanks to TOBI.
I agree. Though the fact is where would Sasuke go? Can he reall go back to Konoha? After all, he is a mission-nin, so he would have to face criminal charges would he not? And then who would he honestly choose to repopulate teh Uchiha's with....What's he going to do, go back to Konoha and have every girl stand in a line? "Oo...There is enough of me to go around...you can all help...ok..Next" xD
siya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-17, 18:02   Link #100
sakun
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by siya View Post
I agree. Though the fact is where would Sasuke go? Can he reall go back to Konoha? After all, he is a mission-nin, so he would have to face criminal charges would he not? And then who would he honestly choose to repopulate teh Uchiha's with....What's he going to do, go back to Konoha and have every girl stand in a line? "Oo...There is enough of me to go around...you can all help...ok..Next" xD
normally yes the ninja would face criminal charges for treason and what not but the way Tsunade talks about him and naruto/sakura i doubt that she would actually go threw with it. In the end Naruto will probally die saving sasuke from who knows who and sasuke gets the MS and wins the fight goes back to konoha and becomes one of there top ninjas or something like that
sakun is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:29.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.