AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-20, 18:04   Link #1
Yugure

recommendations on Anime

I watch some new anime, but I'm not sure what will suit me.
Some Series I've like: CB, Trigun, Full metal panic fumoffu, Scrapped princess, Naruto, Kenshin, Get Backers
Some Series I don't like: Fushigi Yugi, DBZ, Big O

Looking for something with humour, some action, lacking cloying sappyness(on the most part, Kaori from Kenshin annoys the heck outta me), preferrable without big robots.

Onegai simasu,
^-^
Yugure
Old 2004-01-20, 20:25   Link #2
pantsu
station!!

you like naruto and dislike dbz? thought they were the same thing anyway, try One Piece, Hunter x Hunter, or Peace Maker Kurogane (kinda same time period type stuff as kenshin i think..)
Old 2004-01-20, 21:06   Link #3
Hellychan
~chibi tenshi~

Go for Fullmetal Alchemist!
Old 2004-01-20, 21:07   Link #4
Yugure

DBZ = no plot, just fighting -_- not to mentions the fights go on forever, gets boring quickly. The negative side to Naruto is all the flashbacks, but they have Kakashi. ^-^ It also has better characters and development, attacks are more varied (not kamihamiha over and over)

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it.
Old 2004-01-20, 21:13   Link #5
Ali-chan

Send a message via Yahoo to Ali-chan
For me, I like Neon Genisis Evangelion, Trigun, and Ayashi no Ceres. They're all pretty good.

Ali-chan is a crazy head, who skips around until she trips one her bed. Second be second she'll feel the pain, hopefully it won't be bad enough to forget her name!!!
Old 2004-01-21, 15:16   Link #6
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Quote:
DBZ = no plot, just fighting -_- not to mentions the fights go on forever, gets boring quickly. The negative side to Naruto is all the flashbacks, but they have Kakashi. ^-^ It also has better characters and development, attacks are more varied (not kamihamiha over and over)
Why do i have a feeling you watched DBZ 5 times atleast?

Well try One Piece,a great anime one of my favorite or Full metal Alchemist its great too.
Old 2004-01-21, 16:25   Link #7
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yugure
Looking for something with humour, some action, lacking cloying sappyness
Sounds like One Piece to me. Seriously even if you didnt say that. One Piece is like required viewing at this point. Go get it now Don't make me smite you.
Old 2004-01-22, 16:31   Link #8
Strider_Lee
shinobi

GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) is probably around your block then, though the animation art is not what most people are used to. I totally digged it though.

Gungrave is good to if you get a chance to see it (licenced though). Good character development and some pretty good gun action sequences as well as a good story.
Old 2004-01-22, 17:00   Link #9
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate it.
Old 2004-01-23, 01:19   Link #10
Mistacloudstrife
"I'll cut them off..."

Quote:
GTO (Great Teacher Onizuka) is probably around your block then, though the animation art is not what most people are used to. I totally digged it though.
GTO is liscenced and is a long anime, i say it would be better to rent rather than buy... But you CAN download GTO live action...its really good...i love it... but i miss Onizuka's kewl faces from the anime... =\
Old 2004-01-23, 02:40   Link #11
Deralti

Send a message via AIM to Deralti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason
PWNED!
Sorry XD.

Hellsing. I'd say more but... you don't deserve such sacred things.
*goes back to worshipping*
Old 2004-01-24, 19:12   Link #12
Yugure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Why do i have a feeling you watched DBZ 5 times atleast?

Well try One Piece,a great anime one of my favorite or Full metal Alchemist its great too.
Yeah, I've seen probably most of it, between seeing it when I was 6 years old because of my cousin (damn it Hajime), and my roommate watching it (she watchs stuff I don't like because she wants to see what happens and I think to annoy the heck outta me). I get really frustrated, why won't they just lose already, I don't need 20 or 30 episodes of the same fight, it's too excessive. Ahhhh, *falls to floor in a fetal position, rocking*

Sorry Segetsu, it just isn't my taste.

Anyways,

Yes, I will definetely check out One Piece.
Old 2004-01-24, 19:18   Link #13
wnkryo
HainShodan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strider_Lee

Gungrave is good to if you get a chance to see it (licenced though). Good character development and some pretty good gun action sequences as well as a good story.

I would defenetly also recommend Great Teacher Onizuka as a anime to watch. For more information, you can look at the review I gave it at boneyjellyfish.com. Here is a quick link: http://www.boneyjellyfish.com/index.php?showID=151
Old 2004-01-24, 19:43   Link #14
boneyjellyfish
Evangelist of the Kazoo

Infinite Ryvius!!!!
Old 2004-01-30, 18:40   Link #15
Yugure

Hmmm, well I did check out One-piece. It can be amusing, I found the side characters more amusing than the main ones though. My roommate like it though...
I also dled Full Metal Alchemist, which I did really enjoy and want more episodes off
I'll try to get some of the suggestions people have offered.
Old 2004-01-31, 11:56   Link #16
AOforever1

Send a message via AIM to AOforever1 Send a message via MSN to AOforever1
GTO is probably within your range for an anime, or Chrno Crusade, except one of the main characters may annoy you a bit ... which would add to the comedy of the story in my point of view.

Here's a quick review link
http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...o_crusade.html
Old 2004-02-01, 16:39   Link #17
Yugure

I've seen Chrno Crusade. ^-^ I like it in general.
Right now, I can't afford to rent or buy anything. Is GTO liscensed? They said "live action?"
Old 2004-02-03, 00:16   Link #18
chamelean75

Read or Die. 3 episode OVA but very action packed.
Old 2004-02-03, 01:36   Link #19
Newprimus
TRUST IN LITTLE SISTER
*Artist

Quote:
Looking for something with humour, some action, lacking cloying sappyness(on the most part, Kaori from Kenshin annoys the heck outta me), preferrable without big robots.
By big robots do you mean the typical 70s 80s robot style anime has had occasionally?

Anyway, I would recommend Vandread. It's got robots in some parts, but not in an overly annoying way. The action is REALLY good, especially in the second stage episodes.

Look it up and see if it fits your bill.

BUT LITTLE SISTER WATCHES BIG BROTHER.

LITTLE SISTER KNOWS BEST.
Old 2004-02-03, 11:55   Link #20
Cammie
Smooth and Curvy...

I would like some suggestions for some anime to watch with my significant other. So, far we both enjoy watching Hajime no Ippo, Prince of Tennis, and Naruto. I know there are more. I just can't think of any at the moment.

I know its kinda dorkie but its good to have something in common.

btw... what do you guys think of "One Piece"?
Closed Thread