AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Kimi ga Nozomu Eien

Notices

View Poll Results: What do you think of Mitsuki?
She's a great friend, hiding her true feelings all this time in order to help out her pals! 13 14.13%
She has a good heart, but she couldn't cope with trying not to show her feelings. 50 54.35%
She's a traitor, but you sympathize with her. Akane is right to hate her guts, though. 8 8.70%
She's a selfish girl who's deluded herself into thinking she's not doing anything wrong. 6 6.52%
She's a backstabbing bitch and a slut who doesn't deserve to call Haruka a friend! 15 16.30%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-04, 21:01   Link #41
Diedrupo

I have to first say that I'm not swayed towards either a Mitsuki or a Haruka ending, I like all three characters too much to choose a favorite, which I think is awesome, cause in most love triangle stories, there is usually the "main" couple and then the third outsider who is the antagonist (like in KOR, where the main guy, forget his name, and Madoka were clearly the main couple, and the other girl was preventing them from establishing their relationship).

Kiminozo establishes its triangle in a way that at least for me, I cannot side for one girl over the other. I think there's too much complexity involved, especially since Takayuki clearly loves *both* girls at one point or another (when he was dating Haruka, he grew to be totally devoted to her, and fast forward to the present, he is loyal to Mitsuki now).

Anyway, what I wanted to say is, I think Mitsuki did everything with good intentions, but she was clearly swayed by emotion. You can't hold that against her. Having sex with Takayuki was a mistake, getting into a relationship with him without telling others was a mistake. But we all make mistakes, and when we do things, we rarely think of possible repurcussions.

So in that sense, I think that is why people like Mitsuki. All this stuff about her being a bitch or traitor, I really don't see, unless you haven't watched ep 5.

But I can see why people would support Haruka as well; I would support her because especally given her condition (even though she supposedly recovers, at least she does in the game, don't know about anime), Takayuki may feel that there will never be anyone else to care of Haruka besides him. Though I am not sure if I would actually get into a relationship with a person who's been hospitalized for the last 3 years and recovering from a condition, but well, you never know.

Ideally, I think Haruka would eventually recover from her condition and realize that things have changed, and then accept that Takayuki and Mitsuki are a couple. I mean if I woke up from a coma after 3 years and my girlfriend was dating my best friend, I probably would be mad at first but then accept it, and just hope that they will continue to support me as friends.

It's amazing how deep this show is.
Old 2003-11-04, 21:25   Link #42
KendoFoxx

Send a message via AIM to KendoFoxx Send a message via MSN to KendoFoxx Send a message via Yahoo to KendoFoxx
This is my first time writing in the forums and seeing this discussion made me finally want to speak out. I agree with Diedrupo's sentiments exactly. Its too idealistic to think somone should wait forever for someone in a coma. Personally I can't fault Mitsuki for having sex with Takuyuki.

It may not be a consensus but sex can be thought of has the ultimate expression of love. The fact that she would be willing to give herself to him like probably was the only way she could think of getting through to him. The guy was just about in a vegetable state. She slapped him, kissed him and he was still staring out with that blank stare. Sometimes extremes are the only way to get through to people. Yes it wasn't the best choice, but I believe she ran out of ideas in the heat of the moment. Probably if she would have left him without doing anything, Takuyuki may have commited suicide.

Another thing I want to add is why people seem surprised their relantionship isn't doing as well as how Haruka and Takuyuki's was. Theres alot more going on here. Things were much simpler before the accident so you can't really compare the two. Regardless of all this all we can do is sit and wait (Or play the game or something like that) to see how things turn out.
Old 2003-11-04, 21:40   Link #43
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by u&t
Oh, and I'm not buying into that "Mitsuki saved Takayukis life by having sex with him" crap. Getting laid is not a cure for depression.
Liked your explanation on this post and your later posts have some good points except the above...Are you sure about that?

As we can see from ep 3 and 4 Takayuki's life seem to be on track (not suicidal which may have followed from being on the verge of being crazy) after "getting laid" as you say..His guilt is still there, which probably would never go away but still he is trying to live life...
Old 2003-11-04, 21:47   Link #44
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
And you honestly think she thought all that through before having sex with him?
I believe she did. It's not like she jumped into bed with him right after Haruka's accident. She did have a lot of time to think about Takayuki, Haruka and herself.
Old 2003-11-04, 22:05   Link #45
GUTB_

I think the people trying to argue that Mitsuki doing what she did was Takayuki's benifit are off-base.

She had been trying to hide her feelings and force them down and pretend they didn't exist for his benifit. But, finally, she hit a breaking point and couldn't find it in herslef to hold back any longer. So, in an emotional moment she makes an attempt to grab him. In that instant she wasn't thinking about concequences, only that she wanted him and that's all.

And it also bears noting that she didn't exactly break down with guilt after the fact, either, and made herslef a regular guest of his bed it seems, even before Akane found out. If anything, she seemed to want to pretend they were married.
Old 2003-11-04, 23:11   Link #46
musouka

Sorry, but I believe that anyone that is really thinking of Mitsuki as a "noble fountain of sexual healing and life" is almost as delusional as those that think of her as a "stupid backstabbing boyfriend-stealing whore".

She's neither.

I can't see her decision to have sex with Takayuki as anything but selfish, but I also think that A) she was at the end of her rope on how to make him understand her feelings without coming out and saying them, and B) she thought she was doing the right thing at that very second.

I highly doubt she really sat there for a few minutes and thought of every pro and con concerning a relationship with Takayuki before pulling off her shirt and making with the "make sweet sweet love to me" actions.

In fact, since she didn't jump into bed with him right after the accident, one could argue that she had previously thought that having a relationship with him was the wrong thing to do. Thus making her decision that evening completely spontanious.

You Mitsuki fans are giving her own mental state that evening much more credit than it deserves. Chances are she was just as lost and desperate as Takayuki was.
Old 2003-11-04, 23:36   Link #47
KendoFoxx

Send a message via AIM to KendoFoxx Send a message via MSN to KendoFoxx Send a message via Yahoo to KendoFoxx
Musouka I agree she bedded the guy outta pure selfishness. But love makes you do things without thinking about them. I believe she just snapped. I don't believe it was the sex persay that brought him outta his downward spiral, I believe it was the feelings behind it. Either that our his dick took over his brain. Personally at this point I can't blame anyone for their actions because everything is driven out of emotions we could all see ourselves having if we were in these situations.
Old 2003-11-04, 23:43   Link #48
GUTB_

Notice that after every new episode, you immediately hear from people who call Mitsuki a slut, a bitch, a backstabber, etc. But after a while of discussing the episode they usually calm down and moderate their opinion of her.

Mitsuki sees herslef as a betrayer. She admits it. She just couldn't hold it back anymore. And now she's trying to pretend that she's still everybody's best friend, but deep down she knows she can't pretend to be Haruka's loyal friend any longer and when she's forced to admit it to herself, she might go into retreat. Might.
Old 2003-11-04, 23:46   Link #49
lordwu

Quote:
Originally Posted by musouka
Sorry, but I believe that anyone that is really thinking of Mitsuki as a "noble fountain of sexual healing and life" is almost as delusional as those that think of her as a "stupid backstabbing boyfriend-stealing whore".
She's neither.
I agree. She's definitely neither. And I believe I wasn't debating that she's really, as you put it, noble fountain of sexual healing and life. She's deperately trying to help Takayuki out, in fact, she's trying to help herself out. She supported herself through all these time by focusing on taking care of Takayuki. If Takayuki went insane or suicided, she would have gone insane as well. She's definitely selfish in this respect but that's just human nature. I think my point was to say that she's not a traitor and she didn't intend to backstab Haruka and she's just doing what she can do to keep Takayuki and herself going.

Quote:
In fact, since she didn't jump into bed with him right after the accident, one could argue that she had previously thought that having a relationship with him was the wrong thing to do. Thus making her decision that evening completely spontanious.
Yes it's spontaneous, but that doesn't mean that she didn't think through all this. I bet the thought was on her mind for quite some time but since it's a move with great risk she was really hesitant to take that move. However, seeing Takayuki like that just made her think, "what the heck", and took that plunge.

Quote:
You Mitsuki fans are giving her own mental state that evening much more credit than it deserves. Chances are she was just as lost and desperate as Takayuki was.
Indeed she was. And in the following episodes you will see the real Mitsuki.
Old 2003-11-05, 00:23   Link #50
GUTB_

WHat would Haruka say if she could watch what was going on from the dream world.

[Takayuki hanging out by her bedside every day]

"Awww, it's so sweet you come to see me every day. But this depression thing you have going is getting too much. Not healthy!"

[Takayuki being taken care of Mitsuki.]

"Wow, I owe you a lot MItsuki, you're a friend amongst friends. Normally I'd claw the eyeballs out of any girl who hung around my boyfriend that much, but you're cool."

[Takayuki going on a date with Mitsuki.]

"HOLD YOUR HORSES there I'm not dead yet, Mitsuki! Helping him get past his depression and live a little, good. HANGING OFF HIS ARM LIKE A GIGGILY SLUT BAD!"

[Takayaki trying to carry Haruka off to the book fare.]

"I feel that feeling, but wow that's kind of creepy. I'll wake up soon, so just take a breather for a while (and remember who you belong to)."

[Mitsuki throwing herself at Takayuki]

"WTF?!?!"
Old 2003-11-05, 00:56   Link #51
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Everyone keeps bringing up that one bad thing Mitsuki did. Why not talk about all the positive she had done? Sure it wasn't exactly the best choice to sleep with Takayuki in his situation but she did it to try and help him.

I don't see how anyone can say she did that for herself, she was obviosly trying to do anything that will help Takayuki and she made the decision to sleep with him.

But now the question is. Is Takayuki in a better shape now than he was before he slept with Mitsuki? Answer YES. He was near insanity so even if you believe what Mitsuki did was not right, it still saved him. And like someone said earlier, its not the sex alone that changed him but the emotions she showed towards him.

Sure he is still depressed about Haruka, but anyone would still be depressed if their former girlfriend got into an accident and is in a coma.

All of Mitsuki's acts were never selfish. She didn't give up her career to help Takayuki out of selfishness, that wouldn't make any sense. She felt responsible for what happend to Haruka and Takayuki and thats why she took care of him.

She took care of Takayuki, and i'm sure he hoped that Haruka would wake up and they would get back together. A year past and Haruka was still in a coma and Takayuki wasn't getting any better. Mitsuki believed that Haruka would never wake up from her coma so she thought it was ok to let out her feelings to Takayuki.

I don't see the reasoning behind calling Mitsuki a whore and a slut. She slept with one person which is the person she's in love with and all of a sudden she's a slut?

I really didn't want to choose between girls because both of them have been through alot, but after ep 5 i'm more in favor of Mitsuki but i still don't really care if Haruka and Takayuki get together in the end. I like both girls i just feel sadder for Mitsuki for all the hardships she had to go through in her life.

Well i'm tired of repeating myself and i'm tired of seeing people repeating the same thing over and over.
Old 2003-11-05, 01:23   Link #52
144M_HYPERION
Miracle Yang !!

I agree with Crimson.

Calling her a slut or Backstabbing is not appropriate.

She acts on her own free will, what so wrong about that? She can't just ignore her feeling. She is a human being, and she has the right to express her love to the person who she likes.
Old 2003-11-05, 02:31   Link #53
Nazgul8

Send a message via ICQ to Nazgul8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson
Everyone keeps bringing up that one bad thing Mitsuki did. Why not talk about all the positive she had done? Sure it wasn't exactly the best choice to sleep with Takayuki in his situation but she did it to try and help him.

I don't see how anyone can say she did that for herself, she was obviosly trying to do anything that will help Takayuki and she made the decision to sleep with him.

But now the question is. Is Takayuki in a better shape now than he was before he slept with Mitsuki? Answer YES. He was near insanity so even if you believe what Mitsuki did was not right, it still saved him. And like someone said earlier, its not the sex alone that changed him but the emotions she showed towards him.

Sure he is still depressed about Haruka, but anyone would still be depressed if their former girlfriend got into an accident and is in a coma.

All of Mitsuki's acts were never selfish. She didn't give up her career to help Takayuki out of selfishness, that wouldn't make any sense. She felt responsible for what happend to Haruka and Takayuki and thats why she took care of him.

She took care of Takayuki, and i'm sure he hoped that Haruka would wake up and they would get back together. A year past and Haruka was still in a coma and Takayuki wasn't getting any better. Mitsuki believed that Haruka would never wake up from her coma so she thought it was ok to let out her feelings to Takayuki.

I don't see the reasoning behind calling Mitsuki a whore and a slut. She slept with one person which is the person she's in love with and all of a sudden she's a slut?

I really didn't want to choose between girls because both of them have been through alot, but after ep 5 i'm more in favor of Mitsuki but i still don't really care if Haruka and Takayuki get together in the end. I like both girls i just feel sadder for Mitsuki for all the hardships she had to go through in her life.

Well i'm tired of repeating myself and i'm tired of seeing people repeating the same thing over and over.
Hmmm.... The one bad thing?? Mitsuki did more than one the way I see it anyway.
The main one and I might be the only one making this connection is this.
The semi-date she forced Takayuki to go on resulted in his behaivor at the hospital.
Mitsuki's behaivor and his reaction to it resulted in massive guilt that caused him to sink even deeper into depression than before. Thus causing him to be asked to not visit Haruka anymore.

Like I said maybe I'm totally off base on this, but I'd like to see if anyone agrees or disagrees.
Old 2003-11-05, 04:09   Link #54
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Calling Mitsuki a slut or a bitch is totally unwarranted, simple as that. It's an indicator how good the anime is though, because it means that the Mitsuki-haters identify with Haruka so much and so deeply that THEY feel backstabbed by Mitsuki themselves and try to release their anger by calling her names. They are unable to differentiate between their situation (omniscient audience) and the situation in the anime (Haruka in coma for over a year, very slim chances of recovery, Takayuki on the tilt getting worse, Mitsuki starting to fall apart either), so they act as if Mitsuki was actively breaking into an intact relationship. She was not.

The sex aspect is pretty much overplayed, IMHO. There was no sensible answer to the question what she should have done instead. Confess to him and then leave the room instead? In the stupor he was in, this would not have had any result at all. Not confess and sever all contact, because she obviously couldn't bear to go on like that, pretending that she didn't love him? Then he'd probably go over the edge completely, because she seemed to be the only stabilizing factor in this seriously messed up guy. Date him a few weeks with candlelight before having sex with him? What she desperately tried to do was twofold: Trying to shake him out of his apathy and also get clear with her own feelings. That's something she succeeded with eventually. No "mistake".

The funny thing is that I haven't even made up my mind yet. There's 9 episodes to go, and the question who I'm rooting for has yet to be determined. But the way some of the Haruka camp try to justify their bias and vent their anger by talking her down starts to make me a Mitsuki proponent, and that's strange

So what should she have done instead after a year of babysitting, with Takayuki getting worse instead of better? What would the noble Haruka-fan demand her to do?
Old 2003-11-05, 04:23   Link #55
GUTB_

I think Mitsuki's intent was pretty clear: she wanted him, and meant to take him. She always wanted him, but buried those feelings in order not to betray Huraka -- she says this much. But she reached her emotional breaking-point and couldn't hide it anymore, so she made a grab. That's all. She didn't do it to help Takayuki, she did it FOR HERSELF. She SAYS so.

It was also clear from the 1st episode to anyone who was paying attention that Mitsuki was the "fated" girl. It was as obvious as day to me, anyway.
Old 2003-11-05, 05:06   Link #56
Mentar
Sore wa himitsu desu!

Of course she's also doing this for herself. Not exclusively, also. Do you have an idea what kind of emotional strain this is for her aswell?

One of the reasons why I can sympathize with Mitsuki very much is that I've had my own Mitsuki experience in which I had to help a broken Takayuki-style girl I care for back on her feet. I can tell you this much, 15 months like this can be very very draining. Trying and trying and trying to get her make the necessary things, hoping and being disappointed, trying and failing, again and again and again. Eventually you succeed, but until then it's living hell. But I didn't do this just to promote my own romantic wishes only - the primary motivation was seeing someone I care for suffering and trying to help her through it. Same for Mitsuki.

If all she wanted was his body and trying to break him away from Haruka, she wouldn't have wasted an entire year. She could have used his dependendy on her much earlier and much more forceful. She tried to help until she was out of gas and couldn't sustain the pretend-mode anymore. I can't find fault in this.
Old 2003-11-05, 05:40   Link #57
straw
(9 '')9 yami yami (9 '')9

Send a message via ICQ to straw
i think mitsuki was wrong from the begining, if i would be in love with a guy and my friend too, damm i would try to get him and not acting like mitsuki has done. it's better to say it from the beginning as to let get things worser. it's not fair and if you're in love you always act only for yourself

having sex with him was a big fault but not mitsuki's it was also more takayuki's fault. well anyway my opinion is that both are stupid bitches
Old 2003-11-05, 06:38   Link #58
Forse
r00t for life

/me looks at ammount of replies

Darn..many smart ppl here. Well I think Mitsuki is far better then Haruka and I think she did well by letting him know her feelings. (have been menttioned before I am sure, I didn't have energy to read replies). Haruka is so...soo...I hate HER! Mitsuki on another hand seems more adult and mature. Also I almost started crying when Mitsuki cut her hair
Old 2003-11-05, 10:57   Link #59
Lst2touchdasky

Send a message via AIM to Lst2touchdasky
Mitsuki raping the loser just kills Harukas image because thats all it took to make him snap out of it, it makes Haruka seem like a Sex tool and and when Mutsuki rapes him its acts like a replacement.

I say both Mistuki and her loser boy friend should damned by all means
Old 2003-11-05, 12:57   Link #60
Crimson
Ecchi Nazi

Send a message via AIM to Crimson
Quote:
Originally Posted by GUTB_
I think Mitsuki's intent was pretty clear: she wanted him, and meant to take him. She always wanted him, but buried those feelings in order not to betray Huraka -- she says this much. But she reached her emotional breaking-point and couldn't hide it anymore, so she made a grab. That's all. She didn't do it to help Takayuki, she did it FOR HERSELF. She SAYS so.

It was also clear from the 1st episode to anyone who was paying attention that Mitsuki was the "fated" girl. It was as obvious as day to me, anyway.
All you keep saying is that Mitsuki did all those things for herself and not Takayuki yet i don't see why she would give up here career goal and spend a year taking care of a person just for her personal needs. You don't fucking spend a year taking care of someone and go true all sorts of hardships for yourself. If she was a really selfish person she would have left Takayuki alone and went on with her dream...

I admit that some of the things Mitsuki did while she was taking care of Takayuki were attempts to get him to like her, but i don't see whats wrong with that. She was trying to get him to stop thinking about Haruka and to develop feelings for her.

You keep saying this over and over again and its getting way too old, no one is buying this BS. Yes Mitsuki wanted him but she wasn't pursuing him. She supressed whatever feelings she had for him so that her friend can be happy. She is human after all, people do this in real life.

Saying she should have told him how she felt from the start is just plain stupid. I'm posititve that most people in that situation wouldn't just easily walk up to someone they like and confess their feelings. Plus she didn't even know if the Takayuki liked her in the same way so of course she was hesitant to confess her feelings to him. No one wants to get their heartbroken...

Mentar is probably the only few people here that actually says something that makes sense. Most other people just keep making up things to hate Mitsuki more than they already do. All the Mitsuki haters *mainly GUTB* keeps ignoring all the facts from the show and replace it with their personal hatred for Mitsuki.

It was fact that Mitsuki felt guilty for what happend to Takayuki and Haruka, she felt responsible for what happened. When the accident happend she knew that it was because Takayuki stopped to buy her the ring which caused him to be late so she feels guilty for that.

When Shinji told her its not her fault for what happend to Haruka, she replied that it is her fault. She felt responsible for all the things that happend to both her friends so she gave up whatever dream she had to try and help them out anyway she could.

I don't see how anyone can ignore facts like this, if you want Takayuki to end up with Haruka just say so instead of making up BS to falsely hate Mitsuki.

And i've yet to see anyone answered Mentar's question.

What should Mitsuki have done in such a situation? Should she have left him alone to suffer? I want all the Mitsuki haters to tell me a way that Mitsuki could have saved Takayuki other than what she did.