AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 18 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-07, 10:53   Link #281
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You know, I've been wondering about this since 23 aired...

where are all the Belka styled grunts?

everyone I have seen is Midchilda style so far
Because this is Mid-Childa? So it's the common practice style rather then training in the Belka style.
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 11:17   Link #282
Key Board
Donut
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
In the air force, maybe.

But you'd think there would be a lot more belka users in the ground force.

Didn't Verossa mention that he would have the church deploy its knights in episode... 18?

How about seeing some of that?
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 13:43   Link #283
iamandragon
Martian diplomat
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Mars
Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
It's mentioned in the manga that Belka are generally weaker than Mid-Childa as the essentials of air battles are shooting and speed, which is what Mid-Childa is better at.
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 14:04   Link #284
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the XV-8A Spartan "00"
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
You know, I've been wondering about this since 23 aired...

where are all the Belka styled grunts?

everyone I have seen is Midchilda style so far
The average Belka are better ground mages, and they have decayed to a point where their power is weak, as seen in the SS. Also, Regius must've restricted the Church's numbers to a bare minimum, so whatever there is will be used eslewhere.
__________________
Kha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 15:02   Link #285
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
to me its seems like midchilda is easier to produce on a large scale than velka. my thoery is that if theyre expendable they get midchilda, if they are of some importance they get velka.
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 16:12   Link #286
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
to me its seems like midchilda is easier to produce on a large scale than velka. my thoery is that if theyre expendable they get midchilda, if they are of some importance they get velka.
Actually, I think the style is choosen by the person him/herself. the Bureau has no control over that... They can't force people to user a style they don't want to.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 16:42   Link #287
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Actually, I think the style is choosen by the person him/herself. the Bureau has no control over that... They can't force people to user a style they don't want to.
even so, there seems to be a trend like that free choice or not
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:20   Link #288
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
No, but I think that during an interview, this mentality of her leaked into her answers. The psychologist looked at her answers and said no.

"Officer Candidate Lanstar. Suppose there are 3 criminals in a building. You are alone and reinforcements are nowhere in sight, so it is up to you. What do you do."
"I'd set up an ambush and deal them headshots, sir."
"..."
[continuation]
"Private Lanster, have you considered ALL your options before confronting the hostiles? Such as negotiations or to delay them till reinforcements arrive?"

"Yes, I feel launching an offensive in this situation and stopping the criminals would be the best as they would least expect a lone Enforcer to act in this manner"

[Psyche remark: candidate is reckless, aggressive and tends to act alone. Recommend counseling. ]
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:29   Link #289
Fabien
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Europe
Age: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
candidate is reckless, aggressive and tends to act alone.
Pretty accurate judgement.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:54   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: SG Panopticon
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
even so, there seems to be a trend like that free choice or not
Well, to be fair, Midchildans are obviously more familiar with their style of magic than Velkan... Which would explain it's larger popularity.
__________________
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 19:18   Link #291
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
to me its seems like midchilda is easier to produce on a large scale than velka. my thoery is that if theyre expendable they get midchilda, if they are of some importance they get velka.
The first part is true. Shooting is easier to train for than melee combat.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 20:30   Link #292
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: B.C. Vancouver
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
[continuation]
"Private Lanster, have you considered ALL your options before confronting the hostiles? Such as negotiations or to delay them till reinforcements arrive?"

"Yes, I feel launching an offensive in this situation and stopping the criminals would be the best as they would least expect a lone Enforcer to act in this manner"

[Psyche remark: candidate is reckless, aggressive and tends to act alone. Recommend counseling. ]
True she's dangerous to others when she's not cautious. The only exception is when Teana uses her head abit before "jumping the gun". Either way that's the type of character we need.
__________________

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 03:01   Link #293
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midchilda
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
If there is something that Subaru helped with, it's probably Teana's understanding how cyborg optics work.

Judging from episode 17, it seems that deceiving a cyborg with illusions is something that is normally not feasible

It didn't seem to totally work out right though in ep 21. I seem to remember one of the numbers (I forget which) seeing through her illusion and smacking her around a bit. It wasn't a case of "oh, well we took care of all your illusions and now it's the only real left." She specifically targeted her and it didn't seem to be a random thing either.

That still doesn't mean it didn't help out in the past though, just means they adapted a little.
__________________

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 19:41   Link #294
ShoShinjo
Nanoha fan... FROM HELL!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mexico, for a specific location, you can ask
Send a message via MSN to ShoShinjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
It didn't seem to totally work out right though in ep 21. I seem to remember one of the numbers (I forget which) seeing through her illusion and smacking her around a bit. It wasn't a case of "oh, well we took care of all your illusions and now it's the only real left." She specifically targeted her and it didn't seem to be a random thing either.

That still doesn't mean it didn't help out in the past though, just means they adapted a little.
Regarding that, I recall that in another episode, the Numbers were talking about recollection of data, and that they were being constantly upgraded. I recall too that when Riot 6 was obliterated and Fate was busy with a pair of Numbers on the air, Tre said to Fate that she couldn't beat them the next time they meet. It wouldn't be strange that the Numbers were upgraded so the Fake Silhouette of Teana can't deceive them anymore.

Oh, yeah, I haven't seen anyone talking about it, but Mach Caliber's Full Drive is called "Gear Excelion". Like "Gear Second" is an speed enhancing ability for Mach Caliber (like "Sonic Move" for Erio and Fate or "Flash Move" for Nanoha), "Gear Excelion" boosts Subaru's ability to jump and dash to an even higher level (explaining why she was able to defeat Ginga, because big sis is a rank higher than little sis -Ginga is A ranked, Subaru is B ranked-: the acceleration provided with "Gear Excelion" gave Subaru's blows more power, so she was able to take down Ginga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
The average Belka are better ground mages, and they have decayed to a point where their power is weak, as seen in the SS.
I think that the "weakness" of Belka users resides on the Modern Belka Style. Modern Belka users like Subaru or Erio are called "Mages" instead of "Knights" (like Zest or Signum). Since Modern Belka is the result of Mid-Childan emulation of Antique Belka, it wouldn't be surprising that Modern Belka is way weaker than it should be (that's why Subaru is a Mage and Signum is a Knight).

But I agree with you, Belka-users are more suited for Ground combat, since they're melee fighters (unmatched in one-to-one combat as we've seen). In air, Knights can't manage large groups of enemies like a Mage can with wide-area or shooting spells.

Last edited by ShoShinjo; 2007-09-09 at 19:51.
ShoShinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 20:53   Link #295
Benny1
Friendly Manga Editor
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Gensokyo
Age: 23
Send a message via AIM to Benny1 Send a message via MSN to Benny1
So...

Is anybody else enjoying Subaru's device as much as I am? This thing is having freaking EPIPHANIES. I can't help but get a huge kick out of it every time it starts talking.
__________________
Benny1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 21:05   Link #296
X207
Gamyūsa
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
i wonder how skag tinkered around with blitz caliber
__________________
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 21:49   Link #297
Cynor
SS Bombardment Mage
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Midchilda
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoShinjo View Post
Regarding that, I recall that in another episode, the Numbers were talking about recollection of data, and that they were being constantly upgraded. I recall too that when Riot 6 was obliterated and Fate was busy with a pair of Numbers on the air, Tre said to Fate that she couldn't beat them the next time they meet. It wouldn't be strange that the Numbers were upgraded so the Fake Silhouette of Teana can't deceive them anymore.

Like I said, it was just a case of them adapting (upgrading) from prior fights. So training with her didn't really help much anymore and in this fight with them.

If you remember way back in ep 5 or something Skag is saying he was ok with losing the relic because he got combat data on the members. So obviously he can have the numbers learn and "upgrade" them in some way.
__________________

We will always exist before our Mistress of the Night Sky, Hayate
Cynor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 23:15   Link #298
ShoShinjo
Nanoha fan... FROM HELL!!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Mexico, for a specific location, you can ask
Send a message via MSN to ShoShinjo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynor View Post
Like I said, it was just a case of them adapting (upgrading) from prior fights. So training with her didn't really help much anymore and in this fight with them.

If you remember way back in ep 5 or something Skag is saying he was ok with losing the relic because he got combat data on the members. So obviously he can have the numbers learn and "upgrade" them in some way.
Yeah, I remember that (the StrikerS Nano with the Doctor nosebleeding for Erio was the thing that reminded me xD)

If anything, Teana's training with Subaru helped her to increase her endurance A LOT... I mean, Subaru is way too energic, has too much stamina (4 days of no sleeping with normal training? holy sh...) and talks too much also XD If Tea gained something from the training with Subaru, it was resistance and nothing else. We know that Teana knew about Subaru's status as a Cyborg, but we don't know if she actually knew about Subaru's IS or special abilities as a non-human being.
ShoShinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 06:10   Link #299
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Subs are out
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-13, 06:11   Link #300
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Sub's for this episode are out.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:05.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.