AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 18 34.62%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 32.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 7.69%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.92%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-03, 20:04   Link #141
arkhangelsk

Quite frankly, an ending I'd like to see is Hayate dying, of course in a nice entrance - like being the key to saving Vivio or whatever. It is clear that the authors don't like her very much to the point of Shaft. Might as well let her die a nice death so they don't have to draw her the next time...
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 20:25   Link #142
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Major1138 View Post
To be honest, I think it's just a case where their reach exceeded their grasp - I'm not as familiar with the source material as others here, but it just seems to me like they felt like they needed to top their previous efforts and so came up with all kinds of elaborate ideas, and found that perhaps they didn't have the time required (in terms of episode count) to due them all justice. It happens all the time in all kinds of serialized entertainment.
Actually, it felt more like they want to top A's and YET still leave a S4 open. Trying to tie in all that apparently interesting subplots, and still constrain and walk that fine line...

I mean, with the whole AMF/Numbers thing, it really feels that they're trying to downplay the main characters as much as they can, while making it believable for a bunch of rookies to show their game, rather than not holding back, and throwing their best cards. Even Zest's S+ himself gets plagued by incompatibility, a dying body that is weakening (( Unison cannot use flames anymore )), and all that.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 22:02   Link #143
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Teana is just damn great this episode.

Spoiler:
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 23:04   Link #144
serenade_beta
マジ天使

How did those two find Otto? Doesn't she have her "stealth jacket"?
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-03, 23:16   Link #145
arkhangelsk

It is hard to be stealthy while yakking over the radio and emitting energy for barriers.
Old 2007-09-03, 23:47   Link #146
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
How did those two find Otto? Doesn't she have her "stealth jacket"?
Apparently nothing escapes Klarwind's sensors.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-09-04, 00:10   Link #147
arkhangelsk

Let's not be too sarcastic - it was rather realistic Otto got caught. She's glowing like a star with all the stuff she's emitting.
Old 2007-09-04, 00:25   Link #148
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Let's not be too sarcastic - it was rather realistic Otto got caught. She's glowing like a star with all the stuff she's emitting.
But that was what Shamal said!

True though. Otto's visible in plain view, even when it's not necessary. Sure, maybe Otto can't be detected by radar with that Stealth Jacket, but it should be more effective to stay hidden from sight, especially since Otto's so concentrated on tasking a well-placed sniper could easily beat Otto.

Old 2007-09-04, 04:07   Link #149
Key Board
Donut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen
They are the main focus, that I'll give them that. But they are not the absolute characters that requires every bit of the camera's attention. Because the other main characters (if they weren't labelled as main characters, you wouldn't be on the same status, refer to ops, eds and even character listing... As simple s it sounds, that all you need to see.) have just as interesting of a story as the two of them does.
There are two possible answers

1. Erio and Caro are NEW characters. New characters get much attention in magazines and such. That however, does not make them main characters. I said before only Nanoha and Subaru was ever declared as main characters.

2. If you believe my theory, they weren't meant to be in this season. (and was only included to appease shouta loli fans, who would be upset otherwise) Har har har, now it's me who is doing the labeling.

Seriously, though. There probably isn't any plot to work with because the material does not even exist yet, or it exist but is only partially done. Better luck next season, Erio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Wait wait wait, Caro is optional? Who was the one that noticed Lutecia in the first place? Caro. Who was the one that went after her whenever she apeared? Caro.

Erio was just along for the ride, really. Even now, who is the one convincing Lutecia? Caro.

That's because Erio's designated rival is Garyuu. An in shounen, who your rival steers how you interact as a character.

Now if you take away Caro and take away Garyuu you could have another repeat of Nanoha (why are you fighting?) vs Fate (for my mom, silly), and I think it would have flown much better.

But on the other hand I guess you could remove Erio and it would also make the dynamics and rivalry flow better. less can be more.

Quote:
I almost stopped at "You can't make everyone equal as characters. Storytelling does not work that way"

Know why? Because that is nonsense, A's proves that you can flesh out multiple characters and make them equal.
I disagree. Yuno was there so they could retire him as a mage. Chrono is painfully support character. Arf? She's just there to be Fate's familiar and fight Zafira. No development. Mariel? You didn't even know her name until StrikerS.

Even Nanoha was a support character in A's, IMO

Last edited by Key Board; 2007-09-04 at 05:02.
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 05:02   Link #150
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

seen only the important parts of this episode and that was mainly about Teana an Subaru's battle...anyways the title was "Stars Strike", so it was going to be about the Stars team winning...so yea.
Spoiler for thoughts on what I've seen:

good episode 8/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by aers View Post
sue me

Spoiler for 23:
BTW, this caught my eye while reading through this thread, but this is what happens to Vivio??
Spoiler for Vivio??!!:
Old 2007-09-04, 05:06   Link #151
Key Board
Donut

Otto was binded and encased.

Nanoha and Vivio.. well, right now I'm wondering which of them is going to survive...
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 05:14   Link #152
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Otto was binded and encased.

Nanoha and Vivio.. well, right now I'm wondering which of them is going to survive...
oh so thats how Otto was conquered...thanks for the info!

As far as Nanoha vs. Vivio is concerned...Nanoha will eventually use "Blaster Mode" just to end this battle and since Quattro is controlling Vivio, Vivio will just have the intention of killing Nanoha.
Old 2007-09-04, 05:19   Link #153
LoweGear
Device Meister
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Um, couldn't really understand Mach Calibur's speech to Subaru, although it made her fight to her full potential against Ginga...
I got that covered.

Reposted from OC, and revised to be more accurate to what was actually said:

Just as rehearsed.
We can still take actions, you and I
We can still fight, so why abandon now?
You taught me the reason for my being in here.
My strength, and power which you adore so much.
Don't make everything a lie.

Mach Calibur = Truly awesome

On Perspective: "Depending on who you talk to, twintails are either ponytails multiplied by two, or divided by two.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 05:26   Link #154
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
I got that covered.

Reposted from OC, and revised to be more accurate to what was actually said:

Just as rehearsed.
We can still take actions, you and I
We can still fight, so why abandon now?
You taught me the reason for my being in here.
My strength, and power which you adore so much.
Don't make everything a lie.

Mach Calibur = Truly awesome
Cool thanks for the translation!
yea, Mach Calibur is truly awesome, taking control of Subaru's body like that...pure win...although Teana really has proven that she has unpredictable tactics within herself and knocking out two Number simultaneously equals to a much bigger win.
ahhaha Mach Calibur: "Alright Buddy!", that was a cool quote given from Mach Calibur...out of all the devices that was made in StrikerS for the Forwards, Mach Calibur had the most personality in it.
Old 2007-09-04, 05:56   Link #155
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

This episode is a showcase of 10 episodes of boring training compressed into 30 seconds of awesome for Teana. In that span of time she pulled out superior firecontrol, ambidexterity, situational awareness, an anti-missile and a melee counter for Deed and Nove. On top of all that, she did it without moving around too much as well as introducing the Numbers to Oyashiro-sama's temple of pain

Taking apart the attack, looks like Teana did it in 3 stages.

Spoiler:

My only disappointment was that there was no violent hatchet death involved. Maybe next week

With that said, Nanoha flattening Deici was a suprise. Shortest course in befriending thus far
Burner of Anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-04, 06:32   Link #156
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Quite frankly, an ending I'd like to see is Hayate dying, of course in a nice entrance - like being the key to saving Vivio or whatever. It is clear that the authors don't like her very much to the point of Shaft. Might as well let her die a nice death so they don't have to draw her the next time...
If they decide to off Hayate, they better damn well give her a decent Unison Transformation scene. She's one of the ACEs damnit!

<-- Disgruntled Hayate fan.

Gnash.
Old 2007-09-04, 07:07   Link #157
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Vivio leaps 10 years into the future...

Hayate looks like a dead girl walking...

!!!

ARE THEY TRYING TO REPLACE HAYATE WITH VIVIO SO THAT THE ACES ARE PURE NXF?! URUSENAI! URUSENAI! URUSENAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!
Old 2007-09-04, 07:18   Link #158
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Yes... This esp is interesting and Finally saw Vivio's form in this...... :P

I kinda like this esp but no finishing to each fight yet... IMO.

But what surprised me much is Nanoha's Limiter released Blast at the start....

And As for Hayate, she is the commander. So that's why she have to supervise the fight from outside hence not much appearance.

Furthermore, this esp is Star Strike. So I guess Hayate's duel or action have to go in another esp .....
Old 2007-09-04, 07:24   Link #159
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
Vivio leaps 10 years into the future...

Hayate looks like a dead girl walking...

!!!

ARE THEY TRYING TO REPLACE HAYATE WITH VIVIO SO THAT THE ACES ARE PURE NXF?! URUSENAI! URUSENAI! URUSENAAAAAAAAAAAAI!!!
Think about it this way...

Season 1 -> Precia 'died', she is a villain who is also someone close to Fate, who has been focus on the show.

Season 2 -> Reinforce 'died', she is a 'villain' (Sort of) who is also someone Hayate feels attached too, who has been focus on the show.

Now for season 3, we have quite a bit of focus on Nanoha. And now we have Vivio who has turn 'bad', and is someone very very close to Nanoha...

...I like where it's going .
Old 2007-09-04, 07:58   Link #160
arkhangelsk

Yeah, yeah, Chaos. But frankly, if they are going to treat Hayate in that way, I'd be happier if Vivio replaced her. Just as long as they don't shaft Vivio in Season 4 (if there are still any vieweres) in the name of more NxF!