AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-30, 16:58   Link #1
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Since the School Days forum is limited (only Mods and Admin can create new threads), this thread serves as a way to request a new thread to be created.

Please post here if you wish to request a new School Days thread. Please bear in mind that we will only accept reasonable requests, we wish to maintain the focus within the forum and cut down on the noise (so no pointless threads cluttering up the place).

Don't forget that you may still post in existing threads as usual, the only restriction is that you may not create new threads within this particular forum.
Old 2007-07-31, 22:22   Link #2
Xellos-_^
Married

aren't you guy going to move the old school day threads over to the sub-forum?

And how about a thread on the "Most Grusome Ways to Kill Makoto"
Old 2007-07-31, 23:43   Link #3
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
aren't you guy going to move the old school day threads over to the sub-forum?
It has been here ever since the subforum was created

Quote:
And how about a thread on the "Most Grusome Ways to Kill Makoto"
No.
Old 2007-08-02, 00:25   Link #4
DanielSong39

Since the first chapter of the manga has been translated, might as well request a manga discussion thread...
Old 2007-08-02, 03:28   Link #5
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
Since the first chapter of the manga has been translated, might as well request a manga discussion thread...
The thread has been created.
Old 2007-08-02, 23:10   Link #6
Shana
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Shana
How about a "Character disscusion - someone..."?
Old 2007-08-03, 07:13   Link #7
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Shana View Post
How about a "Character disscusion - someone..."?
Do you mean similar to those we had in the Shuffle forum? How many would be required?

We would have to add the lenghty guidelines to such threads, i.e.

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things <insert character's name here> related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all School Days fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!

Note: Please don't use this for the specific episode / chapter / game talk, there are other threads for that stuff.

Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Discuss, not Chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel (#animeuki) on ZiRC.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

Spoiler Policy
Warning: It will be tempting to discuss the surprising endings from the game. Let's save such things for discussion in the thread for the game. Let's just say that some of the endings can be violent and not say another word!

Due to the heavy nature of possible game spoilers we have decided to disallow any further posting of game spoilers in this thread, even under spoiler tags. Read the following rule for clarification:

Any spoiler/hints/discussion, even under the spoiler tags, from the game/manga that leads to the revealtion of any future events to the anime will be deleted from here on. Furthermore, the poster will also earn a ban to empasize the point that no spoiler will be tolerated in this thread.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2007-08-03, 10:00   Link #8
Shana
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Shana
Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
Do you mean similar to those we had in the Shuffle forum? How many would be required?
Yes, I do. Three (Sekai, Makoto and Katsura) will be fine.
Old 2007-08-03, 11:05   Link #9
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

The threads have been created. Have fun
Old 2007-08-05, 21:54   Link #10
Neki Ecko
Do you "love" me

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
How about Setsuna and Otome as well, they play a big part of the situation too?
Old 2007-08-06, 06:41   Link #11
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

As of later - perhaps. Right now i don't think they have enough exposure and screentime to justify their individual threads.
Old 2007-08-08, 21:12   Link #12
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeplesCuttino View Post
How about Setsuna and Otome as well, they play a big part of the situation too?
Setsuna i dont think there much to go on at this point. But after the events surrounding Otome in episode 6 i think a thread for her might be justified
Old 2007-08-09, 02:38   Link #13
schiffer
Born Insain
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to schiffer
what about a thread poll to find out what girl you like most in School Days, or a poll to find out what girl you want Itou to be with?
Old 2007-08-09, 07:12   Link #14
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
I believe this kind of poll is not really welcome here. (in fact, polls in general aren't great)

Most likely, this kind of thing is based more on opinions, rather than facts, that's why Character discussions are there, but absolutely no poll.
Why is that? because basically, the poll doesn't represent anything set in stone, and will merely show "how many people prefer X thing, with specific reasons". Thus, it brings unecessary discussion (and the usual rants), and even silly war between people who don't agree.

This is why you don't see many poll in other sub-forum as well, while you could expect many poll in bleach/naruto about "who is the coolest/strongest/etc"
Even shuffle forum, which was rather extremely busy with "fan clubs wars" doesn't have a poll of that type, which prevents obnoxious things.

oh well, again this is how i could see the peculiar "idea"' of poll for this kind of matter here. i guess the moderators will give a much more detailed reasons why it isn't really a good idea.
Old 2007-08-09, 11:30   Link #15
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

There is not going to be a "Makoto should end up with X" poll, pretty much for the reasons Klashikari stated above. Given the nature of School Days that would be like laying down a mine field.

As for a regular "favorite character poll" - it will be created once the series ends. I see no merits in creating one now, and then another one mere 6 episodes later.
Old 2007-08-09, 15:10   Link #16
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
i would like to see a poll for sekai or kotonoha following the terms from kimi nozomu's mitsuki or haruka (where you have to state reasons bla bla whether you are a boy or a girl bla bla)

ofc at the end of the series sounds respectable cause by that time we would see changes in the character that may swing current views :3

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-08-11, 20:52   Link #17
schiffer
Born Insain
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to schiffer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
There is not going to be a "Makoto should end up with X" poll, pretty much for the reasons Klashikari stated above. Given the nature of School Days that would be like laying down a mine field.

As for a regular "favorite character poll" - it will be created once the series ends. I see no merits in creating one now, and then another one mere 6 episodes later.
Okey, I just saw a tread in the Claymore, where you sould vote for your favorit character.
And it would still be cool to know how many who likes koto, and how many who likes Sekai, hard to count inside the threads.
But okey.
Old 2007-08-13, 09:17   Link #18
patnam

Errr, how about having a thread for the "Romance in School Days"...?
Old 2007-08-13, 16:52   Link #19
DonSuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by patnam View Post
Errr, how about having a thread for the "Romance in School Days"...?
There's no such thing in School Days.
Old 2007-08-13, 16:55   Link #20
Never Knows Best
Monochrome Like A Panda.

Send a message via AIM to Never Knows Best Send a message via MSN to Never Knows Best Send a message via Yahoo to Never Knows Best
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonSuke View Post
There's no such thing in School Days.
ROFL!!! QFT.

Closed Thread