AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 38 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 10.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-07, 18:04   Link #281
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aranu View Post
I cannot believe that Katsura got raped She was the sweet innocent character i loved. How could that jerk be so casual about raping her
I wouldnt call it rape. Setsuna was willing to let him carry on if he promised that he will take care of sekai after she is gone (and she probably wanted a special memory to remember by >.>)

edit: i cant read...gommen

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS

Last edited by Deathkillz; 2007-09-07 at 19:15.
Old 2007-09-07, 18:29   Link #282
l3LooDLusT

well i also think that the sex act didnt hppen its like this 55% that it didnt happen on how i saw makoto reacted then 45% it hapen because of his pass action which leads to banging someone. but i really am trying to believe that the sex act with setsuna didnt happen at all because he brief pause of realization but then again its makoto were talking about
Old 2007-09-07, 19:03   Link #283
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I wouldnt call it rape. Setsuna was willing to let him carry on if he promised that he will take care of sekai after she is gone (and she probably wanted a special memory to remember by >.>)
^ he was referring to Katsura (Kotonoha), not Setsuna
Old 2007-09-07, 19:32   Link #284
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Oh gosh... I heard those knives making sounds in Katsura's bag. I want the next episode now!!! Seriously, this episode's drama was awesome.

Best episode so far IMO!

Also Sekai seeing Otome on the tape gave me some happiness.
Old 2007-09-07, 19:58   Link #285
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
Oh gosh... I heard those knives making sounds in Katsura's bag. I want the next episode now!!! Seriously, this episode's drama was awesome.

Best episode so far IMO!

Also Sekai seeing Otome on the tape gave me some happiness.
I was kind of thinking the same thing. In that scene the camera focused on Katsuras bag then panned up so we could see her lifeless eyes. Normally i wouldnt think anything of it but the fact that earlier they made sure to zoom in for an extended amount of time on the knives then later do the samething with the bag leads me to think some slash slash stab stab is coming our way. Well if it does happen we know who is going first i hope Sekai has got a pair of legs on her.
Old 2007-09-07, 20:18   Link #286
Cruel
Spiff'd Member

Honestly, I think Kotonoha is going to give knives to everyone so they can stab Makoto! xDDD

Hence, Everyone's Makoto

Everyone gets a piece!
Old 2007-09-07, 20:57   Link #287
l3LooDLusT

Quote:
Honestly, I think Kotonoha is going to give knives to everyone so they can stab Makoto! xDDD

Hence, Everyone's Makoto

Everyone gets a piece!
ROFLMAO ur post is hilarious it makes sense though if u think about it i cant stop laughing
Old 2007-09-07, 21:50   Link #288
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
The last bit about Setsuna letting Sekai have her seat ... I'm thinking that had a purpose too. Could we be seeing a Setsuna ending?

She'd have to come back from France first though

Also I think Kotonoha hates Setsuna the most at this point
Old 2007-09-07, 21:59   Link #289
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:

Hence, Everyone's Makoto

Everyone gets a piece!
But who gets his wang?
Old 2007-09-07, 22:01   Link #290
Aceywacey
Shadow Priest

Send a message via ICQ to Aceywacey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJL13 View Post
But who gets his wang?

Probably Kotonoha, she hasn't had a piece of it yet after all
Old 2007-09-07, 22:07   Link #291
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This show does a wonderful job capturing just how nasty, vindictive and wantonly cruel a place high school can be...
Old 2007-09-07, 23:21   Link #292
l3LooDLusT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This show does a wonderful job capturing just how nasty, vindictive and wantonly cruel a place high school can be...
actually i never heard of this kind of drama in HS not even in a news aside from actually rampaging on a campus and shootign evryone

ell except for teh bullying part
Old 2007-09-08, 02:00   Link #293
Orin GA

Shes gonna cut him up into 3 pieces. That way everyone wins................

right...?
Old 2007-09-08, 02:27   Link #294
Silent Xenocide

I almost can't sit through these episodes because makoto bugs me so much. I mean seriously, whats his problem!?
Old 2007-09-08, 03:49   Link #295
FlameSparkZ
Ambiguous Pokerface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Xenocide View Post
I almost can't sit through these episodes because makoto bugs me so much. I mean seriously, whats his problem!?
Makoto's problem is that he goes with the flow, without thinking about the consequences...and that's what happens *points at Kotonoha*

It won't be long before she goes homicidal

I also think that Makoto 'falls in love' with the girl he's currently seeing...that would explain a lot actually.
  • Makoto has a crush on Kotonoha and becomes her boyfriend
  • Seeing it's toublesome to have a relationship with Kotonoha, he asks Sekai for help
  • Sekai lets Makoto 'practice' on her, and he feels relaxed when with her
  • Even though it's wrong, the two continue 'practicing', Makoto starts avoiding Kotonoha
  • *timeskip*
  • Otome confesses to him, takes him to the lounge, and things get a lot more complicated...
  • Setsuna kisses Makoto in front of Kotonoha, pretending to be his lover too
  • Makoto forces himself on Setsuna, and she allows him to do what he wants, provided he breaks up with Otome and stays with Sekai

It's like that, if things get troublesome and another girl offers herself, Makoto just moves on to that girl, leaving a mess behind him that won't b fixed that easily...

I wonder how episode 11 will be like...the title sure hints something interesting
Old 2007-09-08, 07:02   Link #296
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Makoto's problem is that he goes with the flow, without thinking about the consequences...and that's what happens *points at Kotonoha*
Its worse than that from what i can see, makoto is out there creating a flow where there shouldn't be one in the first place (how can see an opening or even suggestion that allowed him to be jumping onto setsuna with no warning?) - The guy is far far worse than to be classed as someone who is just going along with the flow of things as most of the times he is the one who starts it.
kotonoha is taking her anger out on the wrong person >__<

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-09-08, 10:31   Link #297
hchuang

This show sounds so scary that I am afraid to watch it. I definitely will not watch the show if Makoto does not get stabbed 10 times.

Seriously this Makoto guy makes me want to join a republican party and bring back all the sodomy laws.
Old 2007-09-08, 10:49   Link #298
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu

Hahahahaha, I am in complete agreement! I second the stabbing of Makoto! Or at least a worthy death for us to watch.
Old 2007-09-08, 13:29   Link #299
Perishthethought

Here's where I'm inclined to think School Days might be a little experiment in turning the high school angst/hareem genre on its head by introducing a male lead who is just craven in his pursuit of gratification. There are usually paths in games such as School Days where it is possible the player can end up ravaging each and every (or most, at least) female available to do so. The fact that game to anime conversions very rarely end up following this course (i.e. there is usually a choice made at some point) is testament to the fact that it would make for unpleasant viewing - and slightly unbelievable.

Where I think School Days differs is that they have attempted to render the sordid business of collecting notches on the player's bedpost in as realistic a fashion possible. School Days, as a game, was apparently one of the more believable scenarios where this could occur - other hareem animes, that come from games (like Shuffle and Kiminozo) and are converted to animes, largely do away with the potential 'hareem' ending by altering the characters to make them slightly more believable in the context of their respective ongoing stories. For example, could you imagine a hareem ending to Kiminozo? No, it would never occur because the Takayuki of the anime looks upon Akane entirely as a little sister. Similarly, Rin has absolutely no romantic feeling for Kaede in Shuffle, instead viewing her as much more like a sister. Choices are made in each because for the protagonist to do otherwise, we think of them as moronic and perverse. Unlikeable, difficult to sympathise with and discourage many viewers from continuing. They're not likeable anti-heroes because they have literally no redeemable qualities. What are Motoko's redeemable qualities, apart from the ones he has demonstrated in the past?

When such courses of action (going for the hareem ending) exist in the games - and are then produced in excruciating detail in an anime - why do we think of the protagonist as moronic and perverse... What then do we think of the players who followed these courses in the games? I can't help but think it is trying to lay bare this myth of the lothario in games, who head for the hareem ending, and instead showing us the inevitable fallout of such a course of action. I think perhaps it is showing how unrealistic such an outcome (in the games) could be - and also, poking a bit of fun at it.
Old 2007-09-08, 13:48   Link #300
Echoes

That's an interesting way to look at it. I think we can all agree that School Days has a very different take on the harem genre, and shows us how badly things can turn out when the male lead isn't a good guy, or even an alright guy. Having never played any ero-games, I know little about them in general, except what I've picked up from parodies in animes and such.

It's funny to think of it the way you described, as a show showing how unrealistic such outcomes are, and how disastrous they could turn out in real life. That would explain why School Days' characters (especially Makoto) seem somewhat underdeveloped and even one-dimensional.