AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 38 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 10.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-04, 16:41   Link #41
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
I don't really think what Setsuna did to is very different from Sekai's "special training". The motivation is probably for the sake of the other party, but it's not entirely selfless; she's only able to do that because she also likes him and wanted one last memory before leaving.

I don't really respect anyone in this show anymore, as I said before, but to each his own.
Old 2007-09-04, 16:44   Link #42
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
No, unlike the special training, Setsuna has shown her determination, if she has to do it, she will do it.
It wasn't a half assed attempt to "help", but rather to demonstrate how far she was serious. Considering how Setsuna was able to restrain herself, even when she did it the first kiss, it is safe to assume she wasn't absolutely not like sekai.

the fact she loves him and/or leaving for france isn't related to this.
watch the episode before, the last scene is powerful enough for this.
Old 2007-09-04, 16:44   Link #43
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I wish more girls would sleep with someone to stop them from cheating on their friend.........

Oh wait, this is anime logic....
Old 2007-09-04, 16:48   Link #44
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No, unlike the special training, Setsuna has shown her determination, if she has to do it, she will do it.
It wasn't a half assed attempt to "help", but rather to demonstrate how far she was serious. Considering how Setsuna was able to restrain herself, even when she did it the first kiss, it is safe to assume she wasn't absolutely not like sekai.

the fact she loves him and/or leaving for france isn't related to this.
watch the episode before, the last scene is powerful enough for this.
But she did state that about the first kiss, how she wanted a memory before leaving. I wouldn't put it past this being another thing with mixed feelings.

But yes, I shouldn't debate before watching the episode. Clearly you're better informed than me since you have and I haven't, so once I do, I'll see how it is for myself, if it really was entirely selfless.

Even then, that's...a really stupid way to solve it. "If you stop cheating, I'll have sex with you". Certainly not the smartest method...which does make me think less of her intelligence at least which I held in high regard.
Old 2007-09-04, 16:51   Link #45
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

She was quite desperate/determined in that scene. She doesn't even blush or anything while offering this 'solution'. I also would advise to see the episode, because the screencaps on RC are kinda misleading about the scene
Old 2007-09-04, 16:51   Link #46
lightbringer
M9000

Spoiler for screencaps:
Old 2007-09-04, 16:53   Link #47
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST View Post
But she did state that about the first kiss, how she wanted a memory before leaving. I wouldn't put it past this being another thing with mixed feelings.
That's because setsuna did it for herself, and wanted to keep it for herself as well. The situation was only her own weakness, but she accepted it, and selfishly did it.
Aside of this, it isn't related to the current situation.

Quote:
Even then, that's...a really stupid way to solve it. "If you stop cheating, I'll have sex with you". Certainly not the smartest method...which does make me think less of her intelligence at least which I held in high regard.
No, that was NOT a deal.
Setsuna said : if i had to go through of this i will do it. Makoto was cunningly teasing with her and her feelings. Therefore, she putted her body to stake, reminding what she asked to him, which stunned him first. THEN, she was completely on her claim, and again says if it will make him stop, she will do it.

She didn't promised anything at all, she wasn't even blushing, she was crying (while she did when he teased her about her feelings, and when he claimed he doesn't dislike her) She blatantly shows up she doesn't mind herself, as long as it will help sekai.

She puts sekai in a MUCH MUCH more priority than anything else, including herself.
Old 2007-09-04, 16:54   Link #48
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I wish more girls would sleep with someone to stop them from cheating on their friend.........

Oh wait, this is anime logic....
Score one for you. Im sorry i dont care how much damn logic you put into this. The bottom line will always be (if she did sleep with me still speculation as Klashikari said) did she sleep with a guy her friend was dating YES. You could justify it till you blue in the face and it will always come back to that fact. She could have had the best intentions in the world and she has demonstrated that she always puts Sekai first. Its still a contradiction given the fact that she still loves him. Some of the best intentions in history have ended bringing about the worst after effects. If Setsuna had no feelings for Makoto at all it would still be wrong but less shady given that she would have no attachment to him because then it would be selfless.

Since I have not seen the episode yet i may go back on some of my statements since this is based on speculation. But trying to pass this of logical im sorry it just does not fly.

As stated above "ill sleep with my bestfriends boyfriend/girlfriend for her own good" say it out loud and let me know how you feel.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:00   Link #49
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
As stated above "ill sleep with my bestfriends boyfriend/girlfriend for her own good" say it out loud and let me know how you feel.
You are pulling things out of context. While it does not sound right at all on general, go watch the actual scene before commenting how it looks in the situation we are presented with. Yes, technically she would be cheating on Sekai, but thats only superficially. The actual scene speaks differently. And there is still no actual indication they went all the way.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:01   Link #50
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

*sigh* why do people pay to much credits on her "love" while she didn't even take advantage on any episode except the first kiss...?

Quote:
You are taking the situation OUT OF CONTEXT.
She is NOT offering her body like this.

it will be "i will do anything for her, even if i have to do this, i will do it".
She expressed her determination alone, didn't blush. NOTHING.

he first assaulted her, THEN she stopped him with a crushing line. then, while makoto was surely NOT resuming what he was trying to do, she offered herself.

if she wanted, she could let him doing whatever he wants, but she didn't and stopped him.
on the other hand, even when makoto wasn't willingly doing it after what she said, she only begun to cry and trying to undress herself.

again, WATCH the episode by yourself. screencaps don't give ANY justice.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:01   Link #51
kayos
RETIRED

This is the first anime I've seen that's geared toward the cheating scumbag boyfriend with the subtle rapist demographic.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:04   Link #52
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
No, that was NOT a deal.
Setsuna said : if i had to go through of this i will do it. Makoto was cunningly teasing with her and her feelings. Therefore, she putted her body to stake, reminding what she asked to him, which stunned him first. THEN, she was completely on her claim, and again says if it will make him stop, she will do it.
I don't really understand this. I do realize I will once I watch the episode, but can you try to explain it? Remiding what she asked to him, but what exactly? Why'd she think that doing it will make him stop? And make him stop what? Cheating on Sekai with Otome?

In the end, having sex with him would be wrong, though, even if she's doing it for selfless reasons...
Old 2007-09-04, 17:06   Link #53
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
This is great, it's the kind of thing i've always wanted to see yet no anime would ever let it happen. Makoto is a living legend . I want to see Setsuna move away, Kotonoha kill herself, Sekai to give up, and then let Makoto either stay happily ever after with Otome, or maybe ditch her eventually and move onto a whole new batch of girls.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:12   Link #54
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I don't really understand this. I do realize I will once I watch the episode, but can you try to explain it? Remiding what she asked to him, but what exactly? Why'd she think that doing it will make him stop? And make him stop what? Cheating on Sekai with Otome?
Read my summaries
basically, during the scene when Kotonoha, setsuna and makoto were in the trash part. Setsuna makes him promise about staying with sekai, and he was CONSENT, relieving her that there is nothing more between him and kotonoha.

then, when Setsuna came with her luggage, she said she knew what he has done with otome, and was muttering "yet... i begged for Sekai..."

that means she knew her efforts were in vein.
She asked him to break up with this girl (otome), but Makoto doesn't say anything.

however, when setsuna kept her stance for sekai, she says she won't reveal to her, for her sake.
Makoto took this opportunity, and teasing her as she loves him, and he felt her feelings with the kiss.

he forcefully kisses her, and make her lying on the bed.
then, she says about "this girl", and then "kotonoha".

makoto is completely stunned by this. Setsuna is now crying, and begins to undress, saying "If it is for this promise, i will do anything, ANYTHING".
Makoto is shocked, and is sad, saying "I..."
Old 2007-09-04, 17:12   Link #55
◕‿‿◕

Oh, I didn't notice part B was up already. Sorry.

In any case, thanks for clarifying.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:13   Link #56
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
You are pulling things out of context. While it does not sound right at all on general, go watch the actual scene before commenting how it looks in the situation we are presented with. Yes, technically she would be cheating on Sekai, but thats only superficially. The actual scene speaks differently. And there is still no actual indication they went all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
*sigh* why do people pay to much credits on her "love" while she didn't even take advantage on any episode except the first kiss...?

You are taking the situation OUT OF CONTEXT.
She is NOT offering her body like this.

it will be "i will do anything for her, even if i have to do this, i will do it".
She expressed her determination alone, didn't blush. NOTHING.

he first assaulted her, THEN she stopped him with a crushing line. then, while makoto was surely NOT resuming what he was trying to do, she offered herself.

if she wanted, she could let him doing whatever he wants, but she didn't and stopped him.
on the other hand, even when makoto wasn't willingly doing it after what she said, she only begun to cry and trying to undress herself.

again, WATCH the episode by yourself. screencaps don't give ANY justice.
SIGH again as stated i said all comments are based on speculation if we are using the what if factor. I left space open in the post and said i have not seen the episode and nothing has been confirmed yet hence I could possibly go back on some things i have stated after watching the episode. It was based on the fact that it was stated that it is logical which it is not her love for Makoto is not a factor only if we are bringing her morals into play which is different from talking about the scene its self
Old 2007-09-04, 17:16   Link #57
◕‿‿◕

So although for selfless reasons, she was probably doing something silly...

I wonder if Makoto had her way with her in the end, though. Knowing it's Makoto it wouldn't surprise me.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:21   Link #58
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
So although for selfless reasons, she was probably doing something silly...

I wonder if Makoto had her way with her in the end, though. Knowing it's Makoto it wouldn't surprise me.
I dont think so there is one sure way to beat a bullshitter which in all honesty Makoto is and that is to call them on their bullshit. Setsuna has the wit and intelligence to call Makoto on bluffs/lies since shes got his personality down to a T.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:21   Link #59
tun
lolwut
*Fansubber

Even though I've played the entire game through, this show still amazes me.
Old 2007-09-04, 17:22   Link #60
◕‿‿◕

Quote:
I dont think so there is one sure way to beat a bullshitter which in all honesty Makoto is and that is to call them on their bullshit. Setsuna has the wit and intelligence to call Makoto on bluffs/lies since shes got his personality down to a T.
But she offered sex. It's not like Makoto to turn sex down no matter what the reasons.