AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 38 36.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 30.77%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.69%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 5.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.85%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.81%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 11 10.58%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-05, 13:37   Link #121
obentou
Maximum7/Ossu
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Toronto
After watching this episode, I think this is the most corrupt thing I've ever laid my eyes on. AHHHH
__________________
obentou is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 13:41   Link #122
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Since the scene has been officially shown, let me explain why Nanami cried

Spoiler for Nanami and her sempai in the game:


like i said numerous time: EVERYONE in SD is messed up
Wow, what a jerk-off.

Anyway, I wouldn't go as far as EVERYONE is messed up. I would say that most of them are messed up and the rest are stupid (for the stupid ones: Kotonoha, Nanami, Hikari, and Kokoro). However, you might be using a different definition of "messed up" then me.

"Messed Up": Anyone who has done any harsh/cruel/degrading act.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Lol, I've seen those expression alot when I'm caught watching anime instead of working.
I got that expression from my friends when they saw me watching shoujo anime .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Shine View Post
ANyone else wish more time in the anime was spent on Nanami, her character feels under developed and she seems to be one of the nicer SD characters?
ME!!!!
__________________

Last edited by Vestus; 2007-09-05 at 13:42. Reason: didn't want to doublepost and quoting error
Vestus is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 13:47   Link #123
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
See to me messed up is the idiots. None are really doing it for acts of sadism.

Makato is your typical horny teenager, will screw anything that says yes.

The girls all have feelings for the horny guy and don't know how to convey them without spreading their legs. In this process they hurt themselves and the others.

Rapist is a boy who deeply likes a girl who doesn't like him. Now, he did go to the extreme track.

Only one I would say is sadistic is the chick who played the lounge videos. What a bitch.
TigerII is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 13:51   Link #124
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by l3LooDLusT View Post
well calling katsura a zombie in that part is just plain harsh coz ur saying to look at how she looks when taisuke grabs her and at bridge is a bad comparison to prove ur point coz when katsura was at the bridge shes clearly can think for herself (unlike zombies) coz she knows makoto and setsuna are together and might be ding something unpleasant. As for taisuke raping her its still a crime yet she remember its clearly wha thappen that night so it is crystal clear that she wasnt a zombie yet she didnt push him away when the rape was happening. Im not saying that ur completely unreasonable as i mention on episode 9 discussion i cant really know for sure whats goin on in her mind when the rape happens coz i never experience it but i definitely know that she was aware on wats goin on yet she didnt do anything to prevent it. thats what i thought when i watched the scene.

I just dont get the part where setsuna offered her body to makoto that some of the viewers thinks that she was trying to help sekia and by not being selfish coz shes sacrificing her body by forcing makoto to break up with evryone and makking makoto promise to take care of sekia by giving up her body isnt that plain stupidity and selfishness in her part. Why would u give ur own body to stop ur bestfriend BF to cheat on her isnt that just satisfying her own self coz in the first place she wants a wonderful memory with the guy and clearly she liked him. while trying to tell her self that shes doing it to help her friend, isnt it just the opposite in this case giving ur own body is the worst thing to do in order to help your bestfriend. Shes clearly an intelligent girl isnt there any other way to help her by not giving up ur own body?.

As for katsura i pity her for cluelessness but in the same time felt sorry for her. She doesnt deserve this cruel faith. Taisuke on the other hand i want to chop his finger one by one and make him regret for what he did to katsura. as for sekia i got one word for her *KARMA*. I geuss for makoto keep up the playboy routine while u can soon enough u will be a minced meat.
The reason why i said compare the 2 scenes is because you stated she was aware and that is why you cant blame Taisuke that much. The look on her face in both scenes is not that of a mentally stable person. The scene implies that she was in so much shock that her mind went to mush. Which is demenstrated by the look in her eyes, yes she did remember the next day think of it on the same terms as temporary insanity she came to her senses later (kind of) but at that moment her reasoning, thought, and mental capacity were all imparied. On the bridge she has pretty much the same look if not worse. Taisuke had just told her that Makoto had betrayed her she went into shock thats why she did not resist and Taisuke took her silence for it was ok. She had no problems saying no or pushing Makoto of her whens she had her senses.

I understand where you coming from but she was definitely not really aware of what was happening at that point in time because her mental shut down
__________________

Last edited by Sinestra; 2007-09-05 at 14:02.
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 13:54   Link #125
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Even though he finally broke up with Katsura properly, its already too late. The damage is done. Kotonoha has already gone bonkers. She's staring at the knives for god sakes! He even thinks he has a shot at Setsuna! When confronted he goes the "none of your business" route.

Time for Kotonoha to go on a serial killing spree.

Otome and her bully squad: Dead
Taisuke (sp?): Castrated
Setsuna: Dead (shes partially at fualt)
Sekai: Dead
Makoto: Dead.

They find Kotonoha stabbing Makotos dead body over and over with a blank stare on her face....
__________________

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga

Last edited by Souten no Seigyoku; 2007-09-05 at 14:00. Reason: posted by accident before I finished typing
Souten no Seigyoku is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 13:55   Link #126
Vestus
Pasokon-Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Subspace
Send a message via AIM to Vestus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
The reason why i said compare the 2 scenes is because you stated she was aware and that is why you cant blame Taisuke that much. The look on her face in both scenes is not that of a mentally stable person. The scene implies that she was in so much shock that her mind went to mush. Which is demestrated by the look in her eyes. On the bridge she has pretty much the same look if not worse. Taisuke had just told her that Makoto had betrayed her she went into shock thats why she did not resist and Taisuke took her silence for it was ok. She had no problems saying no or pushing Makoto of her whens she had her senses.

I understand where you coming from but she was definitely not really aware of what was happening at that point in time because her mental shut down
I guess most people won't understand that until they have been in shock. Which is understandable. I was like that until I had my first shock experience (not good ).
__________________
Vestus is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:04   Link #127
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vestus View Post
I guess most people won't understand that until they have been in shock. Which is understandable. I was like that until I had my first shock experience (not good ).
You are right iv had a shock experience before to this day i still cant remember those 2 hours of my life. I never want to go through that again. I just wanted to try to portray it a little bit better it is hard to explain
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:09   Link #128
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Finally finished seeing the episode.

Oh Joy! Happy Day!
It seems mom was right all these years. There's always someone bigger. Or in this case, nastier!!

"You can call this a school festival memory. You all had fun, right?"
Payback's a <bleep>.
Everyone gets theirs!

This is almost as good as my mass murder ending theory
__________________

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:09   Link #129
dojikyo
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
What a messed up high school. Even side characters like Nanami can't get out unscathed. Trust no one Hikaru. Trust no one.

edit: Man, all these calls for massive bloodshed. Killing is unacceptable unless it to save a life/multiple lives. Makoto does deserve a proper beating though.
dojikyo is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:21   Link #130
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
HAHAHAHA!!! This episode had me laughing so hard. It really did. Makoto...the king of kings. The pimp of pimps!! It's so funny watching him move through these women like nothing. That's how a pimp is supposed to do it.

Sigh....After watching this episode, I somewhat don't feel to bad for Katsura. I mean, what the hell was going on in her mind? MAKOTO IS SLEEPING AROUND!! HE DOESN'T LOVE YOU ANYMORE!! To be quite honest, it was somewhat sad and sickening watching her saying over and over again on how she and Makoto are still together when his actions are saying otherwise. Get a damn grip! Move on! He ain't the only guy in the whole world. As much as I hate to say it and feel free to disagree with me, most of this pain could've been easily avoided if she used common damn sense. It was so irriating. That's the reason why Makoto avoided her because she was becoming TOO clingy. Guys usually don't like that and Makoto's actions reflected that fact. Now she has sour grapes because he told her that he didn't wanna be with her no more? I mean, how dense can she be?! He's been with several different girls, yet she claims him to be her man? Just totally ridiculous. The only reason I feel sorry for her at this point was what happened between her and Taisuke. That was a bad situation. He's lucky that she's in such disarry that she can't tell anybody. This girl has gone from good, to bad, to worse.

This episode was completely brutal. I loved every minute of it. Makoto was living it up. They were offering it to him with NO RESISTANCE whatsoever. I honestly don't hate the guy. He can't help that the girls can't see the forest from the trees. It borders on utter insanity. I swear they're getting dumber and dumber by the minute and he just keeps pimpin and doing his thang. But all that will come to a crashing hault next episode. It's what every pimp fears...GETTING CAUGHT!! Make me proud Makoto! Handle yo business!
ACE2003 is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:23   Link #131
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Its fair. They deserve it. They knew what was going on and thought "its none of my business" so it serves them right.

See something. Say something. Im ripping off an NYC subway slogan, but its appropriate here. They already showed Katsura eyeing the knives and if you know about 'the game', you know what that last bridge scene implies.

Often people see things and they go the 'none of my business' route and do nothing. Be it this situation, or bullying situations with similar consquences. Then someone runs amok and everyones all suprised. They pop up on tv saying "oh he/she always acted wierd," but they did nothing. Theyre even more guilty than the person that goes over the deep end.
__________________

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:32   Link #132
Gaara133
You damn midget!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 25
Jesus christ, I don't even know why I'm watching this show. It's so fucked up, if that's what school was really like I think I would have had more of an interest in it ^_^ lol I can and can't wait until the next episode...What's in the bag?! o_O
Gaara133 is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:34   Link #133
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post


I feel that certain things in the past 2 episodes have been 2 obvious. ALthought i dont have much hope left i one single ray of light shinning down. I hope im right but the build up of all the negative events would be a great set up for a complete turn around for a good ending, it blow everyone away. Given the fact the bad ending with current events would not be surprise. Again, this is just a theory but i have discussed in detail with a couple of people and they agree. I believe by the end of epiosde 11 we will be able to make a somewhat accurate prediction for the end.

The problem with a good ending at this is the writer would have to be extremely talented. They would have to contrive a way out with out the ending looking contrive and deus ex-machina.

I rather have well writen bad end then a contrive badly writen good end.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is online now  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:48   Link #134
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
The problem with a good ending at this is the writer would have to be extremely talented. They would have to contrive a way out with out the ending looking contrive and deus ex-machina.

I rather have well writen bad end then a contrive badly writen good end.
I see your point and it does make sense, I often complain about what i feel is a lack of talent with some script writers in many animes. Maybe the writers really have intended for all the bad shit to lead up to a violent end, maybe thats what they want. But I guess im just in awe how so much in out there in a way its forceful but i guess as long as the end is good and in context with the flow of the show i wont get to upset. But the ending will and no doubt effect my overall rating for the Series.
__________________
Sinestra is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 14:51   Link #135
HaZzArD
Kenpachi FTW
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Send a message via AIM to HaZzArD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaara133 View Post
Jesus christ, I don't even know why I'm watching this show. It's so fucked up, if that's what school was really like I think I would have had more of an interest in it ^_^ lol I can and can't wait until the next episode...What's in the bag?! o_O

+1 agreed on that .... hmmm i 2nd whats in the bag...
HaZzArD is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 15:03   Link #136
TigerII
Pilot in Training
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Earth
I know, I know!
TigerII is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 15:10   Link #137
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Seattle
Age: 32
Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
Just from the Title of the next episode "Everyone's Makoto" its the same name as one of the endings for the game:

Spoiler for Game Ending:
HayashiTakara is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 15:12   Link #138
ACE2003
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tokyo,Japan; The land of Anime!!
Age: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaZzArD View Post
+1 agreed on that .... hmmm i 2nd whats in the bag...
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I know, I know!
A pack of dildos! I mean, hey, she ain't getting no Makoto, so she gotta do what she gotta do!
ACE2003 is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 15:13   Link #139
Klashikari
Swords•Maidens Maniac
*Graphic Designer
*Moderator
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Saitama, Japan
Age: 27
Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
first... avoid posting game spoiler for events whcih didn't happened yet.
secondly, it is false. i dunno why wikipedia summaried like this, but it is uncorrect, or lacking of lots of details.
Klashikari is offline  
Old 2007-09-05, 15:18   Link #140
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Well the last Sekai - Katsura scene doesnt bode well for hopes of a good ending.

Makoto even goes after Setsuna and we dont know if he took her up on her "offer." If we go by Makotos past actions, the answer would be YES. If so, I feel sorry for whatever guy falls for her in France because she's going to be wary of guys because of her bad experience.

Note:
There will be a Summer Days anime with Setsuna as the heroine.
__________________

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga

Last edited by Souten no Seigyoku; 2007-09-05 at 15:20. Reason: editing because it may insinuate a spoiler
Souten no Seigyoku is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 23:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.