AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 74 30.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 21.34%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 46 19.25%
7 out of 10 : Good 27 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 2.51%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 12 5.02%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.42%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.42%
1 out of 10 : Painful 17 7.11%
Voters: 239. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-04, 14:37   Link #61
Teresa/Clare1415
Yuri Fangirl
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Defiled one View Post
I lost the respect I had.
I second that.
__________________
http://i262.photobucket.com/albums/ii99/ShizNatfangirl/Awesome/Lickylicky.jpg
Teresa/Clare1415 is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 14:44   Link #62
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Judging from wha I have heard about this episode, I am prepared for dissappointment, also seeing as how they're making this an orginal ending then I think that they should insert something so totally random that it takes manga readers minds off of the changing story. A giant panda defeating/eating rigardo and killing or maiming raki would probably do it.
__________________
emu777 is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 14:48   Link #63
ILikeSquiReLz
<>(`;)<>
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Well time to start reading the Manga

Edit: Is it licensed in the states?
__________________
Working on a new sig for now please enjoy this quote from BleachOD - "I like the color.(I am girl...We have nonsensical reason for things....Don't even try to ponder it)"
ILikeSquiReLz is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 14:48   Link #64
Xellos-_^
Married
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: R'lyeh
Age: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
It seems that some has already voted this episode to be 1/10 all because they seemingly altered Clare's scene. Just because of that tiny alteration and without considering the episode's individual story, you'd have to give it a 1? I'm sure there is no perfect adaptation out there and plus, you'd get to see something new instead of the same old story from the manga so why complain so much? In terms of Claymore, I think Madhouse did a very good job by staying (almost) true to the manga up till now for the manga fans and I was expecting the changes to come sooner or later. Like others mentioned, if they don't change the ending, either we get a cliffhanger that probably won't get resolved until a second season or an open-ended ending or they would stuff us with season-long fillers until they get new material.

Didn't want to sound harsh but I just wanted to get my thoughts in the open. Anyway, I can't wait to see some more screencaps.
That was not a minor part of the story. it is MAJOR part of it. if they did take it out then i am ready give it this ep a 1/10 as well and not as part of a joke.

I wish they went the cliffhanger ending, would have a lot less problems.
__________________
Xellos-_^ is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 14:48   Link #65
Icephere
Claymore Fan
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Okay guys..be honest and say whether you have really(and I mean really..again..I repeat, REALLY) watched this episode. Judging the episode by the screenshots posted here doesn't make your opinion valid. They might have altered the ultimate battle scene between Rigaldo and Clare, but that doesn't mean "that's it", right? Madhouse might preserve Clare's wrath for later, which we will know in next episode.It is quite clear we are going to have a different ending for the anime from the manga.
Icephere is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 14:51   Link #66
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakuya View Post
It seems that some has already voted this episode to be 1/10 all because they seemingly altered Clare's scene. Just because of that tiny alteration and without considering the episode's individual story, you'd have to give it a 1? I'm sure there is no perfect adaptation out there and plus, you'd get to see something new instead of the same old story from the manga so why complain so much? In terms of Claymore, I think Madhouse did a very good job by staying (almost) true to the manga up till now for the manga fans and I was expecting the changes to come sooner or later. Like others mentioned, if they don't change the ending, either we get a cliffhanger that probably won't get resolved until a second season or an open-ended ending or they would stuff us with season-long fillers until they get new material.

Didn't want to sound harsh but I just wanted to get my thoughts in the open. Anyway, I can't wait to see some more screencaps.
You say that like it is a bad thing, I think a cliffhanger ending, and sticking like super-glue to the original storyline would have made this anime greater then it is.

Code Geass is a great series and leaves of on a Cliffhanger ending, so did Berserk.

Most Animes that deviate from the manga end up being poorer quality then the manga itself. Love Hina/Bleach/Naruto/Negima/Rave Master/Flame of Recca/ Chrono Crusade are just a few examples of this (picked all of those off my bookshelf fyi )

Looks like Claymore is being added to that list now as well.

Edit: To above poster

Even if inserted later, that only proves that they will be taking this in a direction a vast majority of us Manga readers don't want them to go.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 14:57   Link #67
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
You say that like it is a bad thing, I think a cliffhanger ending, and sticking like super-glue to the original storyline would have made this anime greater then it is.
Well if I had to choose between neverending fillers or cliffhanger for Claymore, then I'd definitely choose the cliffhanger option. But otherwise, I'd rather have a normal conclusion over a cliffhanger so my questions would (hopefully) be answered and I won't have to keep guessing after the series is over even if it means things might get altered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
That was not a minor part of the story. it is MAJOR part of it. if they did take it out then i am ready give it this ep a 1/10 as well and not as part of a joke.
Spoiler:
Sakuya is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:03   Link #68
Icephere
Claymore Fan
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
That was not a minor part of the story. it is MAJOR part of it. if they did take it out then i am ready give it this ep a 1/10 as well and not as part of a joke.

I wish they went the cliffhanger ending, would have a lot less problems.
I hope the cliffhanger doesn't go

Spoiler for an idea:
Icephere is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:07   Link #69
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
There was alot more convenient cliffhanger then that, and it looks like the story is heading in the direction you just described Icephere.
__________________
http://i.imgur.com/rZD75r9.jpg
Fenrir_valindri is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:18   Link #70
EasyPrey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I would add that this Anime has been slowly turning into a pure Raki fest.

Raki unfortunately, is acting as a Naruto's version of endless fillers[1]. Last episode, Raki took an estimated 75%+[2] of the screen time. There is no reason (other than to extend the number of episodes), that would prevent "Raki time" to be somewhat reasonable.

Again, Madhouse is using Raki, to lower the production cost per episode. They are doing that by jamming a continuous stream of Raki, down our collective throats (no pun intended). That is where my disagreement comes into play. Whatever the "Raki story", they could have told us in a reasonable time frame. Instead, we get a never ending, continuous stream of Raki whining, designed exclusively to burn up the clock.

There is a reason fillers suck so bad. If the authors of fillers are not good. If they were, they would be writing their own stories. But as it stands, the job of "filler authors" is to come up with crap. Said crap has to be good enough to keep advertisers from bailing. But it seems, said crap (fillers) can never produce a story as good as the original (manga).

-EasyPrey

[1] The author has never actually watched Naruto or DBZ. But has been advised that Naruto had frustrating quantity of "endless fillers".

[2] I believe, when all the intro, beginning, ending and preview were taken into account, Raki took 83% of the "story time" in the last episode.
EasyPrey is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:30   Link #71
Varis
Composed Eccentric
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Switzerland
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
I'm really disapointed how so many of you don't give a damn about the episode. You see some screen shots and make a riot.

You lost your respect for madhouse? Explain that one... what did you respect from them that you have lost?

It was CLEAR that the anime will deviate from the manga to give it a closing. People where not satisfied with the Berserk ending and so Madhouse goes for a conclusion instead of a cliffhanger. Makes sense because season 2 would have to wait for 3+ years.
You all knew this, you all expected this, it already happend last episode and even before that. But hey... it's cool I guess to make a scene here and absolutly RUIN it for those that have not seen the manga. They want to enjoy an episode and find only hate here on how horrible this episode was (that most posters have not even seen yet).

This is childish and pathetic


Use your head. If you had gotten your precious way, what would have happend after the fight with the lion king? SS4 bankai?? Giga slave carebear stare?

They need to pace the anime so there could be a confrontation between Priscilla and Claire. For a closing Raki and Claire need to reunite as they promised each other.


But hey, if you are so offended by the animes content, why don't you stop watching it. If you are just here to complain and throw a fit, why don't you make a "bash claymore" thread and leave those that comment based on what they saw, not what deviates from the manga alone.


oh yeah... something funny I saw
Varis is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:37   Link #72
cf18
Mecha Pilot
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
This is childish and pathetic
++ Well said.
cf18 is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:39   Link #73
Samuel20709
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
......NADAAAAAA 83% of the show to raki OMFG OMFG i am sick of raki and his "i want to save clare" now im starting to hate the anime
and also wat the **** he gonna do when he gets to clare his gonna be kitty liter for rigaldo, wat are madhouse thinking,
Samuel20709 is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:40   Link #74
UPR
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Puerto Rico
Age: 25
Varis, yes agree with you 100%. Just because you see one screenshot all hell breaks lose. And that screenshot was the end you don't know what happen during the battle and what if it turned into something great. If you can't wait for subs and don't understand japanese then wait for bloggers and see what they think then form your opion when you actually see it with your own eyes. You say you lost all respect for Madhouse after only 2-3 ep. Remember this you had to watch more than just 2-3 ep for you to have Madhouse respect. Yes the Raki scenes were a little anoying I won't disagree but to say everything got ruined because of it is just pushing it. And real battle I want to see were Clare almost goes awakend is against Pris not some lion guy that just appeared during these last few ep. Pris has been a part of this since day 1. And maybe we will get to see that one instead of waiting for the manga to decide to show after God knows how many chapters. So yeah go ahead and read the manga (by the way I also read the manga and not as upset as everybody here) your choice but i want to see that battle before i get bored with it.
__________________
UPR is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:41   Link #75
Kankel
Akuma HighClass Commander
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 存在の他の平野
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I'm really disapointed how so many of you don't give a damn about the episode. You see some screen shots and make a riot.

You lost your respect for madhouse? Explain that one... what did you respect from them that you have lost?

It was CLEAR that the anime will deviate from the manga to give it a closing. People where not satisfied with the Berserk ending and so Madhouse goes for a conclusion instead of a cliffhanger. Makes sense because season 2 would have to wait for 3+ years.
You all knew this, you all expected this, it already happend last episode and even before that. But hey... it's cool I guess to make a scene here and absolutly RUIN it for those that have not seen the manga. They want to enjoy an episode and find only hate here on how horrible this episode was (that most posters have not even seen yet).

This is childish and pathetic


Use your head. If you had gotten your precious way, what would have happend after the fight with the lion king? SS4 bankai?? Giga slave carebear stare?

They need to pace the anime so there could be a confrontation between Priscilla and Claire. For a closing Raki and Claire need to reunite as they promised each other.


But hey, if you are so offended by the animes content, why don't you stop watching it. If you are just here to complain and throw a fit, why don't you make a "bash claymore" thread and leave those that comment based on what they saw, not what deviates from the manga alone.


oh yeah... something funny I saw

Who said anything about having a mature discussion here.

And this already is the "Bash Claymore" thread, by the way.
__________________
Kankel is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:42   Link #76
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Raleigh, NC
I'll wait to see just how Clare managed to beat him. It better be something good.
cors8 is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:43   Link #77
Sakuya
Senior Member
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: United States
Age: 25
Wrex has just posted screencaps and:

Spoiler:
Sakuya is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:44   Link #78
Samuel20709
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varis View Post
I'm really disapointed how so many of you don't give a damn about the episode. You see some screen shots and make a riot.

You lost your respect for madhouse? Explain that one... what did you respect from them that you have lost?

It was CLEAR that the anime will deviate from the manga to give it a closing. People where not satisfied with the Berserk ending and so Madhouse goes for a conclusion instead of a cliffhanger. Makes sense because season 2 would have to wait for 3+ years.
You all knew this, you all expected this, it already happend last episode and even before that. But hey... it's cool I guess to make a scene here and absolutly RUIN it for those that have not seen the manga. They want to enjoy an episode and find only hate here on how horrible this episode was (that most posters have not even seen yet).

This is childish and pathetic


Use your head. If you had gotten your precious way, what would have happend after the fight with the lion king? SS4 bankai?? Giga slave carebear stare?

They need to pace the anime so there could be a confrontation between Priscilla and Claire. For a closing Raki and Claire need to reunite as they promised each other.


But hey, if you are so offended by the animes content, why don't you stop watching it. If you are just here to complain and throw a fit, why don't you make a "bash claymore" thread and leave those that comment based on what they saw, not what deviates from the manga alone.


oh yeah... something funny I saw
Well i dont hate claymore i find very good but its just the recent episodes that just piss of me and the other fans and why would we make a bash claymore thread we LOVE CLAYMORE and where not so offened by the animes content we offened by raki

also clare doesnt u know....... {manda readers}
Samuel20709 is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:45   Link #79
EasyPrey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Episode 23 blog is out.

http://wrexgrafix.com/anime/blog/?p=571

The best blogger in the business, IMO. The author is still "writing" the blog. Might take a couple of minutes before he has fully put the text up.

-EasyPrey

EDIT: Sorry, did not see Sakuya's post before I made my post.
EasyPrey is offline  
Old 2007-09-04, 15:45   Link #80
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Varis: Or, alternatively, you could make a "praise Claymore" thread, where no criticism would be allowed, and stay there.

Seriously... There were many scenes that manga readers were looking forward to. Those scenes didn't make the cut. Don't you think it's normal we'd want to vent our disappointment?

And then, there are all the people who don't think Raki should have as prominent a role as he's getting in the anime. We don't get to express ourselves, now?
Anh_Minh is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 16:57.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.