AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-09-07, 12:40   Link #21
innominate
hiatus almost permanent

Anyway, when people of different races breed, it is more likely that the dominant traits of both parties would be expressed, so it is likely that the offspring would have a superior genotype. [/fails explaining from scientific pov... D:]

Hmm, has anyone heard of some research done whereby it was hypothesised that people are attracted to people based on BO to some extent. It might answer the topic... (BO reflects the immune system to some extent.)

I heard it from a friend so if any of you have heard of it too... tell me xD...

& paint the world in muddled smudges
like spilled ink over canvas;

innominate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 15:24   Link #22
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I didn't even bother reading this thread. The entire idea is stupid.

Why do we care? Interracial dating is a GOOD THING. You know, breaking down barriers and all that jazz. Who people date is their own, personal choice. Just accept it and move on. Don't waste bandwidth on a thread to discuss it. That's what blogs are for.
Old 2007-09-07, 15:51   Link #23
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Anyway, when people of different races breed, it is more likely that the dominant traits of both parties would be expressed, so it is likely that the offspring would have a superior genotype. [/fails explaining from scientific pov... D:]
No. Completely false.

As for the "BO" you mentioned, you're probably thinking along the lines of pheromones. They're transmitted through scent, and you could call them sexual hormones of a sort. In nature, these attract members of the opposite sex to the individual releasing them. I've seen products marketed to humans over this, and it's a scam - humans don't operate that way. I've read that we lost the ability to smell them at all, but I don't even know if anything along our evolutionary history even made us of them.

Some other things apparently do hold true - something about the scent of male sweat makes females happy (increased dopamine activity), for instance.
Old 2007-09-07, 16:03   Link #24
Fome

I'm telling you guys, watch Yellow Fever!!!! Highly entertaining and surprisingly enlightening.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOyRWuklsiQ
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 17:00   Link #25
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

most asian men are short.

most asian men live in asia.

These are the two biggest turn-offs I would assume.
Old 2007-09-07, 17:35   Link #26
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post

We are not short white people are just too tall .
Old 2007-09-07, 17:35   Link #27
kitto-chan
很快是工程師

Quote:

How short is short?

Shorter than you considered short or 4'9" short?

But yea most asian guys are short. Myself included. I kinda wish I was closer to the 6' mark.

But its not all ture. Since I live in a predominately white society. Ehem....St. Louis, it far easier for me to date and actually get a white gf than an asian one. Although I really won't wanna date any asian girls from STL. Personal perference thing I guess.
kitto-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 17:50   Link #28
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fome View Post
I'm telling you guys, watch Yellow Fever!!!! Highly entertaining and surprisingly enlightening.

The best thing about that video is that everyone in it seems to have had a LOT of fun making it and skewering sacred cows
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:19   Link #29
Ibuki

Don't hate the playa, hate the game
Ibuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:27   Link #30
BANANABANANA
got 米?
*Artist

Asian Women Don't Date Asian Men? lol that's a truckload of bull.

upcoming OELVN
BANANABANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 18:42   Link #31
Shinoto
Rollin' Like A Boss

Its as the article said...its not all true, always exceptions...but it is normal for alot of them. Take Japan, An extreme homogeious Society. If you think about it...How often do you think they see an African American? Normally just on Sports and in Videos and such. You don't think that is not exotic for them? Someone who is normally taller, More masciline, only seen on TV for the most part... It is a huge turn out for alot. It has that total exotic feeling to it. And don't tell me that doesn't spark some human curiousity?
Old 2007-09-07, 19:02   Link #32
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Considering that well over 90% of people, regardless of their sex or race, marry within their own racial community, I would say those opinions are obviously in the minority. This is true even for a very multi-racial country such as United States.

I for one, have an infautation with young beautiful black girls (which puts me in the very minority of Japanese male), but if I was to marry a girl, it would most likely be a Japanese woman.

Quote:

What's funny is the fact that Phillip, who is complaining about the situation, is a damn fine looking handsome asian guy.
Old 2007-09-07, 19:53   Link #33
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Aye, he's quite handsome and his personality seems to be quite entertaining (as well as his co-actors) so I think his tongue was firmly in cheek while spanking a wagon full of myths.

Girls be they black, yellow, white, brown, whatever -- a lot of them are cute
Old 2007-09-07, 20:01   Link #34
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

I loved the end, Richard was so funny. However Indian are Asian so I think they made mistake on that part but nothing big.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye, he's quite handsome and his personality seems to be quite entertaining (as well as his co-actors) so I think his tongue was firmly in cheek while spanking a wagon full of myths.

Girls be they black, yellow, white, brown, whatever -- a lot of them are cute
I agree both on you and aohige that Phillip is good looking, I would like to look like somewhere along like that but I look like that guy that Phillip was playing DDR with. Now Vexx are you Asian?
Old 2007-09-07, 21:50   Link #35
Fome

Here's a good question for the people that believe there is no disparity:

How come there are much more White Guy + Asian Girl couples than Asian Guy + White Girl couples?

I think this was addressed in the video rather humorously.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 22:45   Link #36
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
yea personal opinion comes a lot from this ~ maybe the guy just isnt able to score an asian girl himself hence this is his way to let out his frustration
Yay! finally someone agrees with me.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 23:51   Link #37
Marina
~La-la Land~
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Yay! finally someone agrees with me.
Muahahah, here here, this is a ridiculous topic. It's all on personal taste...and everyone is different.

As for myself, I am an Asian girl, who admittedly doens't date within her filipino race, mostly because most of the filipino guys are hilariously shorter than me (I'm 5'5", which seems taller than most filipino females...maybe the Alaska water made me grow?) and I do prefer taller guys. I DO find Japanese and Korean guys attractive though, so it's not against all Asians. However, my boyfriend is white, so there's another score for "cute asian girl with cute white guy"

My Anime List

ISML
Marina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 00:59   Link #38
Diaboso
we girls arnt safe!
*Artist

well you have to think for most Asian girls out their, their was an Asian guy who scored.

credit to Neaco
Diaboso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 02:49   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
I loved the end, Richard was so funny. However Indian are Asian so I think they made mistake on that part but nothing big.

I agree both on you and aohige that Phillip is good looking, I would like to look like somewhere along like that but I look like that guy that Phillip was playing DDR with. Now Vexx are you Asian?
No, I'm just your typical 6' 220lb Viking escapee from a Capital One credit card commercial. There's actually a pic of me and my wife somewhere on this forum (posted a few months ago).

We have two sons (half-japanese obviously) who each have a very nice girlfriend of the white extraction (though I'm guilty of pointing out other options).
Old 2007-09-08, 07:29   Link #40
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
lies! the last time i went to HK ives seen so many tall asian guys (well teens mostly) - must be this new generation where they are all just forced to drink gallons of milk and play basketball (though tall but lanky isnt my thing - grow some meat dammit ). I would say that the short factor nowadays is quite stereotypical for asians - Ive seen plenty of short white people in the streets, which does make me feel good thinking that im not shorter than normal but at school...ouch XD
Quote:

hahahaha....
"Its like 1 in a million...literally!"

But i do think it is true that asians are less assertive when it comes to contact with white females, i think it is a psychological thing (maybe asians are generally more concious of the way they talk especially with using engrish and the embarassment that follows)

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote