AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Old 2007-09-08, 09:42   Link #41
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Bwa ha ha. I'm not short. I'm 5'9" (and a quarter inch).

While I'm no giant, I'm taller than most other asian guys I've met.
Old 2007-09-08, 17:57   Link #42
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Quote:
Originally Posted by innominate View Post
Anyway, when people of different races breed, it is more likely that the dominant traits of both parties would be expressed, so it is likely that the offspring would have a superior genotype. [/fails explaining from scientific pov... D:]
Dominant genes are by definition those that are expressed. They are "better" or "superior" only when it comes to produce a certain protein which might then do anything to your body. Of course, the formula is seldom as simple as gene A and gene B make phenotype A. And which genes are inherited in the first place is totally random. Terms like "superior genotype" give me chills. If anything, a genotype make be better adapted to a certain environment which makes an impact only over thousands of years - assuming that the environment stays the same of course.

If asked me for a truly superior genotype I'd say: bacteria.
Old 2007-09-08, 18:35   Link #43
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina View Post
Muahahah, here here, this is a ridiculous topic. It's all on personal taste...and everyone is different.

As for myself, I am an Asian girl, who admittedly doens't date within her filipino race, mostly because most of the filipino guys are hilariously shorter than me (I'm 5'5", which seems taller than most filipino females...maybe the Alaska water made me grow?) and I do prefer taller guys. I DO find Japanese and Korean guys attractive though, so it's not against all Asians. However, my boyfriend is white, so there's another score for "cute asian girl with cute white guy"
Well... at least you agreed with me ^^. I won't release my ethic group but considering what I am, I would say i'm about average height with most Americans.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Bwa ha ha. I'm not short. I'm 5'9" (and a quarter inch).

While I'm no giant, I'm taller than most other asian guys I've met.
That's about my height, but i'm 3 quarter of an inch taller than you SI.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 20:15   Link #44
Moonscar.Aquarius

I heard that Asian Women fall over heels for Caucasian men. They love them, in fact whites and asians get along very well. I always see an adopted asian girl in a Caucasians arms. The two races have a cool relationship with each other. So If the asian woman goes with the Caucasian man. Also It says that black men and white woman get together a lot or vise versa. That leaves the black women and asian men. Like my cousin, she had an asian boyfriend, and I see plenty other couples like that. I kinda agree with it.
Moonscar.Aquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 21:23   Link #45
tkdtiger

heh I don't buy into any of that stereotype...I found that most Asian Women tends to try to find the guy with the thicker wallet...lol j/k, but really it goes both ways. I found that asian men tend to also go for caucasian women. As for height it actually depends on what the location and which asian your talking about. For example North Korean males are areound 5'4" and South korean males are around 5'75", while American Caucasian males average 5'8" So height isn't that different between races in more developed countries. I think it's just personal preferance. I'm half-korean and am 5'8" and I tend to like hispanic girls...well atleast now I do :P I found most of the Asian girls to be a bit too grabby lol, but normally I go for caucasians. Ironically there was an article that came out on this subject (although they concluded that asian girls that grew up in their respective asian country tends to go after other asians...but asians that tended to be raised in another country tends to go for numerous types of guys) In this many of the girls claimed Asian men were too strict and many Asian men had similar claims of Asian women...although it dealt mostly with money.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 21:30   Link #46
Moonscar.Aquarius

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdtiger View Post
heh I don't buy into any of that stereotype...I found that most Asian Women tends to try to find the guy with the thicker wallet...lol j/k, but really it goes both ways. I found that asian men tend to also go for caucasian women. As for height it actually depends on what the location and which asian your talking about. For example North Korean males are areound 5'4" and South korean males are around 5'75", while American Caucasian males average 5'8" So height isn't that different between races in more developed countries. I think it's just personal preferance. I'm half-korean and am 5'8" and I tend to like hispanic girls...well atleast now I do :P I found most of the Asian girls to be a bit too grabby lol, but normally I go for caucasians. Ironically there was an article that came out on this subject (although they concluded that asian girls that grew up in their respective asian country tends to go after other asians...but asians that tended to be raised in another country tends to go for numerous types of guys) In this many of the girls claimed Asian men were too strict and many Asian men had similar claims of Asian women...although it dealt mostly with money.
Um Height doesn't really have to do with anything to me The reason for what you said about asian woman that grow up in their country is that they are more native with their own religion. Asians Are very religious and mostley go with themselves. My friends sister once said hi to this asian guy and he didn't say a word. He didn't want to risk getting into a relationship or something. They like to keep it in their own religion. If they were born outside they will not be that educated with their religion and they will have a range on who they want to be with.
Moonscar.Aquarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 21:43   Link #47
tkdtiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonscar.Aquarius View Post
Um Height doesn't really have to do with anything to me The reason for what you said about asian woman that grow up in their country is that they are more native with their own religion. Asians Are very religious and mostley go with themselves. My friends sister once said hi to this asian guy and he didn't say a word. He didn't want to risk getting into a relationship or something. They like to keep it in their own religion. If they were born outside they will not be that educated with their religion and they will have a range on who they want to be with.
I absolutely agree. I found that Asians that grew up in their own country are extremely religious. Indeed I met many Korean girls from korea and they're extremely careful about giving the wrong impression especially when talking to a guy. I just mentioned the height, because some people were claiming that Asians were short compared to caucasians, which actually isn't true in the sense that it's not because of their ethnicity. Height seems to be about nutrition and many Asian countries that are more developed than their counterparts have similar heights to Caucasians.

I think the biggest problem I have personally is I can't comprehend when a girl likes me or not. I found out after the fact that many Asian girls had a crush on me, but I always interpreted as they just wanted to be friends. Anyways I've never tried to go out with an asian before even though I'm half-Korean. I've been with one African-American girl, one hispanic, and the rest were Caucasian.
tkdtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 23:21   Link #48
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

I read the article and found out it was all just opinions. I think you can't really put a ratio on if more asian women would go for white men. If this was a scientific research, I know it would be false. I think research couldn't even tell if more asian women would go for asian men. The article is bias. And anything bias is certainly false.

@AznHisoka
You say that everywhere you go you see asian women date other ethnicities? Well go visit those asian countries. And also in other countries Asian women dating asian men isn't a uncommon thing. Where I live and even in the US.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 04:09   Link #49
TinyRedLeaf
On indefinite hiatus

Why do you think this topic touches a lot of nerves? Precisely because it is biased. I can't, on the other hand, outright claim that the topic is completely false. The Pinkerton Syndrome has been around for a long time (in Singapore, if not elsewhere), and it wouldn't still be around if it were not based on a least some grain of truth.

Depending on where in the world you are from, this issue hides a number of other issues. In Singapore at least, there is the perception that Western ideas are "cooler" than traditional Asian values, and this contributes to the idea that Western men are somehow better mates than Asian men. In Singapore for example, we often label Chinese who look down on their own ethnicity and cultural heritage as "bananas" (yellow on the outside, white on the inside).

I've already stated earlier what I think about Asian women who date non-Asian men -- it's a non-issue. However, when it's a case of a Asian (in this case, Chinese) woman who chooses to date Western men because she abhors her own cultural identity, then well, I'd say it's no loss to me, because I wouldn't be very interested in such a ugly girl in the first place.

In case you think I'm talking nonsense, let me say that I have indeed met such a woman in real life. I had a Peranakan colleague who absolutely despises Asian culture, and is instead completely in love with anything Mediterranean, or more specifically, anything Greek. She is one of the most annoying people I have ever met.

Not that it is wrong to love another culture, mind you. But when you hate the very heritage that is an intrinsic part of your identity, then it doesn't say anything good about you in general. That's my biased opinion, in any case.

=======

By the way, any Western man out there who thinks he would automatically "score" with any Asian woman he approaches -- you are so very full of your Neanderthal "manliness".

Let me put it this way, as kindly as I can. As far as I know, from what many of my female friends tell me, they are scared of Western men who are overwhelmingly bigger than them. Specifically, they find men with bulging muscles (the preferred Western male, if the derogatory opinions of Western gamers on androgynous male character designs are anything to go by) to be extremely unattractive.

One friend has even told me, in mock horror, why she would never date a Western man: "Can you imagine ripping apart his shirt in a moment of passion only to find a chestful of (smelly) hair? Urrrggggh."
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 14:08   Link #50
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Great post, TRL... had me laughing (no sarcasm here).

I agree completely on all points.
1) There's nothing wrong with being fascinated by other cultures while being proud of your own (as long as you're not denying all have their warts).
2) I'm sorry for your colleague ... she should learn to cherry pick the best of all cultures.
3) Asian women who have been *raised* in asian countries do tend to be a bit fearful of "monstrous" western men. And yes, body hair is not an instant "win" even for many western women

That superiority myth drives some of the japanese (and asian) fascination for things Western (they won the war, it must have been their cultural superiority.... <cough>). So both the West and the East have fascination for each other for various reasons. Lets just work to keep it on the positive side of fascination while deconstructing the myths of both sides.
Old 2007-09-09, 14:40   Link #51
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
haha you win
Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
I've already stated earlier what I think about Asian women who date non-Asian men -- it's a non-issue. However, when it's a case of a Asian (in this case, Chinese) woman who chooses to date Western men because she abhors her own cultural identity, then well, I'd say it's no loss to me, because I wouldn't be very interested in such a ugly girl in the first place.
Funny thought this, I have a few chinese classmates who are completely "westernized" to the point where even I think that we might not be of the same race (well close enough neighbours knowing where their parents originated from) - Actually the more I grew up the more I adored my own heritage which is gave me problems trying to adapt to my surroundings - there are some stuff here that people do which I personally wouldnt do due to my own asian beliefs (whereas my asian friends do it all the time) - Well I would want a girlfriend who is similar to me so any asian girls who are on the flip side to that dont bother me :3 (ill just let some other sorry poor soul take the bait )
Quote:
One friend has even told me, in mock horror, why she would never date a Western man: "Can you imagine ripping apart his shirt in a moment of passion only to find a chestful of (smelly) hair? Urrrggggh."
...lawl...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 16:51   Link #52
mrvetle

Last edited by mrvetle; 2008-07-02 at 20:33.
mrvetle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 17:20   Link #53
psycho bolt
Cowmaster

Holly shiit. 6'7...... and I thought 6' was tall enough. You are very tall. Sorry to disappoint you.
psycho bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 17:37   Link #54
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Yeah that is just freaking tall, and I am almost 5'5. Now according to Time magazine Netherlands average height (don't know what age group it was or whether it was male or female) was 6feet. And in wiki it says that average male Korean height is 5'8.3 (I am below average height even in my own country ), Japan average height for male seems to be 5'7.9 for 20-24. In China it seems to be 5'6.9. And it seems all the western nation have the higher height average then the eastern Asia countries.
Old 2007-09-10, 00:15   Link #55
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

South Americans (at least the ones that immigrate to my area) also tend to run very small (or rather I'm scary tall to them). When we shop at the local hispanic market, sometimes I'm the only human being in the store over 5 feet.

Its like being in the Shire with salsa.... or something.
Old 2007-09-10, 00:34   Link #56
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

here is the link to some statistics:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_height

Looks like ovaltine works. young japanese males average seems to have increased 2 inches.
or maybe it's the non-organic imported beef steroids
Old 2007-09-10, 00:40   Link #57
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Why do you think this topic touches a lot of nerves? Precisely because it is biased.
Exactly. What makes me more suspicious is that the member who started the topic (here) was actually making his first (and only) post. This is a troll thread, straight and simple. I'd be willing to suggest the implementation of a new rule that newly created accounts can't create topics. This would prevent both this type of troll threads and one-shot advertising threads.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 04:20   Link #58
Supersonic
King of the l33t
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Supersonic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
Dominant genes are by definition those that are expressed. They are "better" or "superior" only when it comes to produce a certain protein which might then do anything to your body. Of course, the formula is seldom as simple as gene A and gene B make phenotype A. And which genes are inherited in the first place is totally random. Terms like "superior genotype" give me chills. If anything, a genotype make be better adapted to a certain environment which makes an impact only over thousands of years - assuming that the environment stays the same of course.

If asked me for a truly superior genotype I'd say: bacteria.
But surely you can't deny that a person with say...cystic fibrosis is, at least speaking of only that gene in particular, genetically inferior to a person without it?

And these recessive genetic diseases which are common to one racial group but not to another are very unlikely to express themselves in a mixed child. It's called "Hybrid vigor" and it's a very real phenomenon. Wikipedia

To say that you are afraid that some people were given a "superior genotype" is to be afraid of reality. Some people are stronger, faster, smarter than others. We all were dealt a different hand, it's how we use our hand to our advantage is what really seperates the men from the boys.

As for what this all has to do with why Asian Women don't date Asian Men? I couldn't say. I think it's nothing more than prejudices that have very little to do with hybrid vigor. People (for good or bad, probably good) rarely select their mates on "eugenic" grounds. Which is interesting, as it's being shown that, in the Darwinian sense at least, smarter people are actually "less fit" as they seem to show more failure at passing on their genes.

To me, just go with the person who suits you, regardless of their race. To do otherwise would be racist, wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Exactly. What makes me more suspicious is that the member who started the topic (here) was actually making his first (and only) post. This is a troll thread, straight and simple. I'd be willing to suggest the implementation of a new rule that newly created accounts can't create topics. This would prevent both this type of troll threads and one-shot advertising threads.
While I confess the OP is a little bit of an advertisement, if some good posting comes out of it then its a good thing overall, right?

Bot Provider for #shin-getter, #toybox and #huzzah

Need a bot? Ask me and we'll talk.
Supersonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 07:09   Link #59
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Yeah that is just freaking tall, and I am almost 5'5. Now according to Time magazine Netherlands average height (don't know what age group it was or whether it was male or female) was 6feet. And in wiki it says that average male Korean height is 5'8.3 (I am below average height even in my own country ), Japan average height for male seems to be 5'7.9 for 20-24. In China it seems to be 5'6.9. And it seems all the western nation have the higher height average then the eastern Asia countries.
Yah seems about right I'm 6ft. Most of my friends are my size or taller(one or 2 are smaller, by they are definitely exceptions). I live in the Netherlands, but my parents come from Bangladesh. I think it's a food thing that causes a huge effect in differences in height. Seeing how most of my relatives and parents are tiny. D: My bro is just smaller then me by like 1cm.

I'm voting on milk ftw. Since I pretty much drank one glass of milk all my life. If I don't drink a glass of milk in the morning it's cause I'm eating porridge. xD

And mrvetle yes you are huge, but nothing crazy freaky at least. I have friend when he was 15 he was also 2m, but he didn't grow that much after that though.
2H-Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 08:18   Link #60
Sephi
Thinking outside the box
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Funny thought this, I have a few chinese classmates who are completely "westernized" to the point where even I think that we might not be of the same race (well close enough neighbours knowing where their parents originated from) - Actually the more I grew up the more I adored my own heritage which is gave me problems trying to adapt to my surroundings - there are some stuff here that people do which I personally wouldnt do due to my own asian beliefs (whereas my asian friends do it all the time) - Well I would want a girlfriend who is similar to me so any asian girls who are on the flip side to that dont bother me :3 (ill just let some other sorry poor soul take the bait )
I'm very westernized to. I even have the accent of where i live(Groningen) People would think i'm just like the average dutch person. Though i don't even know how stampot/hutsspot taste... a typical dutch dish... ( i have been borned and raised here, I'm sure 2-hand dragon goes WTF now )Only some of my close friends know that But meh. One thing is for sure, i will never forget my roots. No matter how i behave and how westernized i am. On the outside i still got black hair and a yellow skin. And people will always see that, and look different at me. Imho other Asians that live in a foreign country should never forget there origin.

And the height about the dutch population is damn right... I'm around 1,73 and i feel like a shrimp here... And meh, i have no idea why they are so tall But atleast i'm taller than the average Chinese, and guess i should just be glad with that. And actually i thought the average dutch person is even taller. I thought the average male is 1.85 and female is 1.73

When i went to China last year i notice the HK population being quite short, the Chinese one was well, sort of around my height. But the Beijing one atleast in the shopping restrict they where like WOW tall.. I really have no idea why... But from what i notice is that the Beijing people are taller than the region my parents originally came from.

Currently watching: Aria the Origination & Dennou Coil
Sephi: Anime Icons | Signatures & Avatars | Renders
Sephi is offline   Reply With Quote