AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-07, 13:55   Link #21
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
your supplies are not only weapons you carry but also your jutsus...especially in narutoverse
__________________
ohh sasuke kun...please spare me...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 14:01   Link #22
Ero-Senn1n
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Hidden Village of Sake
Everybody mentions Tenten's ability. But no one ever mentions fire jutsu. That surely was presented in the lames ways. Did anyone ever win a fight with fire, did fire ever succeed? We see the strongest ninja using fire, but not even they could make any use of it. Sasuke and Itachi made fire jutsu (the great fire clan, haha), but none of them succeeded to make any damage to the real opponent. Sasori made huge fires, but Sakura and Chiyo grandma simply jumped behind a random stone (biggest LOL). Random ninja made fire in the Konoha vs Sound+Sand war, totally useless. I think Kakzu also did some fire, but i can't even remember it properly, it sure didn't make a great effect on his fight The 2 tailed girl in demon form made huge fire, the 2 akatsukians were just having fun. Jiraiya+Gamabunta made huge fire, easily neutralized by Manda+Orochimaru, it even gave an opening for them to attack.
And guess what was the only case where fire made serious damage to a ninja!
It was poor Asuma who did hurt himself with his own fire This last really made fire look absolutely pathetic as an element.

And i almost forgot, if we can regard amaterasu fire, well it was good only to escape. I know it could have been presented in better way, for example the fire kills Jiraiya, but it was not presented that way, and this is the case for all other times when someone used fire. The obvious reason if that Kishimoto never wanted to draw people burned by fire, it sure looks ugly and cannot be healed simply as a cut by a kunai.

Fire is the biggest filler-jutsu ever
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 15:10   Link #23
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Everybody mentions Tenten's ability. But no one ever mentions fire jutsu. That surely was presented in the lames ways. Did anyone ever win a fight with fire, did fire ever succeed? We see the strongest ninja using fire, but not even they could make any use of it. Sasuke and Itachi made fire jutsu (the great fire clan, haha), but none of them succeeded to make any damage to the real opponent. Sasori made huge fires, but Sakura and Chiyo grandma simply jumped behind a random stone (biggest LOL). Random ninja made fire in the Konoha vs Sound+Sand war, totally useless. I think Kakzu also did some fire, but i can't even remember it properly, it sure didn't make a great effect on his fight The 2 tailed girl in demon form made huge fire, the 2 akatsukians were just having fun. Jiraiya+Gamabunta made huge fire, easily neutralized by Manda+Orochimaru, it even gave an opening for them to attack.
And guess what was the only case where fire made serious damage to a ninja!
It was poor Asuma who did hurt himself with his own fire This last really made fire look absolutely pathetic as an element.

And i almost forgot, if we can regard amaterasu fire, well it was good only to escape. I know it could have been presented in better way, for example the fire kills Jiraiya, but it was not presented that way, and this is the case for all other times when someone used fire. The obvious reason if that Kishimoto never wanted to draw people burned by fire, it sure looks ugly and cannot be healed simply as a cut by a kunai.

Fire is the biggest filler-jutsu ever
I agree with all of this. Every time Sasuke used a filler-fire jutsu during the chuunin exam arc, I couldn't help thinking, "does that idiot actually think that attack will work?"

Even Itachi's Amaterasu was never used for anything more than escaping. If the MS's Ameterasu is so powerful, then why didn't he use it on Jiraiya from the get-go? LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAME.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 15:22   Link #24
tatami
back in black
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Turkey
Age: 31
i dont want to admit it but yes fire jutsus didnt work well in the series so far...

just sasuke destroyed annoying kagebunshins on the roof...and he trapped orochimaru with his fire jutsu once but his level was not enough or orochimaru was able to escape...
__________________
ohh sasuke kun...please spare me...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 15:26   Link #25
Zek
Eyebrows...
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
weapons are not worthless in naruto. In wartime, they are what keeps you alive. Jutsu are all cool and fine but in combat with tons of people the main ting that keeps you alive are speed and weapons. Normal people cannot block 20 kunai comming at them only the "special" characters that the storyline focuses on. I beleive that tenten's technique could save a couple dozen people on the feild. If you run out of supplies you're dead.
And therein lies the problem. Ten Ten has an "ordinary ninja" fighting style, which makes her worthless compared to the important characters with their own styles. Only marginally better than pre-timeskip Sakura.
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 20:48   Link #26
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Somewhere
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek View Post
And therein lies the problem. Ten Ten has an "ordinary ninja" fighting style, which makes her worthless compared to the important characters with their own styles. Only marginally better than pre-timeskip Sakura.
1. The tenten now could destroy the pre-time skip sakura...
2. weapons keep you alive, i not the kakashi gaiden. ("we're running low on supplies... we wont be able to hold out much longer")
3.Most ninja's have, ordinary fighting styles. DO you remember all the the ninja in the chunnin arc during the exams? they all looked freakishly frightening and scary but in truth they probably suck. These are the ninja that are used in the front line.
4. So, tenten, in wartime, would be a great advantage, i mean cmon let's replay the situation.
(We're running low on supplies... we won't be able to hold out much longer...
Tenten is with them- no problem!- SHOING!- 50 kunai and random weapons appear...
__________________
Bari_Phillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 20:51   Link #27
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
Yeah, but all that means is that she's a great support person...when she has been heralded as a great attacking ninja (she supposedly hits her target 10 times out of 10). I haven't seen her land a single blow in any fight I can remember. Summoning weapons is nice for those who are on support, but if you're on the front lines, and you can't hit a target, what good are you. Like I said before, summoning weapons is cool and all, but Ten Ten seems to miss a lot, so...snore.
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 21:21   Link #28
uchit
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
the only reason tenten missed a lot is because she fought temari, who uses wind to block. and her clone who knew her style
uchit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 21:24   Link #29
Quzor
It's the year 3030...
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Spaceport Colony Sicilia
Age: 29
Send a message via AIM to Quzor
Quote:
Originally Posted by uchit View Post
the only reason tenten missed a lot is because she fought temari, who uses wind to block. and her clone who knew her style
And we haven't seen her in any other actual fights...training, yes...fights no...even though the odds were stacked against her, the hype of her skill suggests that she could have hit at least once...and yet she missed every time. I'm not saying she's an unskilled kunoichi, I'm just saying her special skills are snore.
__________________
http://www.tg-media.net/the_chaos/QuzorSig488.jpg
Quzor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-07, 22:55   Link #30
Sinaura
Fat Warlord
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Water clones, what's the point? You'll just end up getting wet compared to making an ordinary kage bushin.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 01:05   Link #31
inyourmamabed
Yourmama
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bronx
Come on we all it's tenten. She the most useless thing since bobobo.
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 01:20   Link #32
pizzajincuuriki
I have it inside me :]
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
she is huh. Wow. The most useless jutsu to me would have to be......yeah tentens jutsus. Guys....really I sat here and tried for a good five minutes to think of something less useless than tentens jutsu, and all I could think of was regular eyes.
pizzajincuuriki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 02:34   Link #33
Petarded
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Westminster, CA
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinaura View Post
Water clones, what's the point? You'll just end up getting wet compared to making an ordinary kage bushin.
Water clones can explode! Like Itachi used against Kakashi
Petarded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 02:37   Link #34
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Los Angeles,California
Age: 30
Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
1. The tenten now could destroy the pre-time skip sakura...

that doesn't really help your argument.
__________________
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 09:35   Link #35
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Right behind you.
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
1. The tenten now could destroy the pre-time skip sakura...
2. weapons keep you alive, i not the kakashi gaiden. ("we're running low on supplies... we wont be able to hold out much longer")
3.Most ninja's have, ordinary fighting styles. DO you remember all the the ninja in the chunnin arc during the exams? they all looked freakishly frightening and scary but in truth they probably suck. These are the ninja that are used in the front line.
4. So, tenten, in wartime, would be a great advantage, i mean cmon let's replay the situation.
(We're running low on supplies... we won't be able to hold out much longer...
Tenten is with them- no problem!- SHOING!- 50 kunai and random weapons appear...
I agree with you on that...

and on #3, I can't help thinking, cannon fodder! Use them to charge the enemy and hope their mangled bodies break their attack.
__________________
Spectacular_Insanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-08, 09:54   Link #36
Palani
///_^
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mushroom County, Mario World
Age: 26
Most useless: Sexy-no-jutsu, it is just _that_ useless.

Worst: Rasengan, because really it's overused and is holding Naruto back in developing his arsenal and skill.
__________________
Palani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 19:44   Link #37
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Location is all relative.
...

-People are probably going to make a voodoo doll of me after I say this but for me Chidori is a pretty worthless jutsu unless it is supplemented by the Sharingan. It takes a long time to set up, your opponent must be immobilized or else you are not going to hit him/her at all and it's an attack in a straight line which is necessary for momentum. I didn't include the Rasengan but it's pretty close.
__________________
-When all else fails, ram them with a force of an 18-wheeler.
Luminion Lancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-09, 20:36   Link #38
inyourmamabed
Yourmama
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Bronx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-People are probably going to make a voodoo doll of me after I say this but for me Chidori is a pretty worthless jutsu unless it is supplemented by the Sharingan. It takes a long time to set up, your opponent must be immobilized or else you are not going to hit him/her at all and it's an attack in a straight line which is necessary for momentum. I didn't include the Rasengan but it's pretty close.
You right, I'm making a voodoo doll right now
inyourmamabed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 15:08   Link #39
Zek
Eyebrows...
 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-People are probably going to make a voodoo doll of me after I say this but for me Chidori is a pretty worthless jutsu unless it is supplemented by the Sharingan. It takes a long time to set up, your opponent must be immobilized or else you are not going to hit him/her at all and it's an attack in a straight line which is necessary for momentum. I didn't include the Rasengan but it's pretty close.
That's exactly why Yondaime told Kakashi that very thing. Chidori almost got him killed before he had the sharingan. The Rasengan is different because it doesn't require high speed(I think Kishimoto must have forgotten about this when Sasuke used it on Naruto while standing still).
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 15:35   Link #40
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Places
What if it was an incomplete jutsu maybe Sasuke developed on it and made it so he could use it in any situation btw it would be so funny if kakashi uses rakiri on itachi, itachi steps out the way and sticks his leg out kakashi would kill himself
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:10.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
We use Silk.