AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 25 41.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 11 18.33%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 15.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 11.67%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.33%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.67%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.67%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 3.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-11, 19:59   Link #281
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
It might have something to do with the mother having turned crazy.
She treated Fate as a tool so of course Fate is going to behave differently.

And then theres the question of what constitutes a soul? Memory or something more?
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 20:07   Link #282
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post

And then theres the question of what constitutes a soul? Memory or something more?
She basically want the whole package.

An exact PERFECT 'replica' of Alica.

This includes all of her actions being EXACTLY the same.

The 'soul' part is probably just a nicer way of putting it.
Old 2007-09-11, 20:15   Link #283
Xellos-_^
Married

Basically Jail is probably willing to settle for 99% while Precia wanted 100%
Old 2007-09-11, 20:40   Link #284
arkhangelsk

He's also "backing up" before the accident happened, rather than trying to recreate a person using a mishmesh of recovered memories off an already dead body and the Resurrector's egocentric recollections of the person. Probably that's what really caused the errors. Precia was doomed by not having enough usable data from the start.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 22:10   Link #285
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Spoiler for Note re: Cinque vs Subaru:
Old 2007-09-11, 22:11   Link #286
Fabien

Quote:
Yep. If Precia had stayed sane (or better yet, if she hadn't know about Alicia's death, her daughter having been replicated behind her back), it's possible Fate would have acted like Alicia. Of course, having a different name isn't acceptable: since she's called "Alicia" in her memories, the replica must be called Alicia too.

Quote:
The word soul is a religious thing. In real life it doesn't mean much of anything, and definitely not something precise.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 22:13   Link #287
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead View Post
We do know that the Numbers utterly MAULED Ginga, which means her IS was far less inimical to their continued breathing.
Don't forget that Ginga was just fighting "normally". Subaru went berserk, which is why she nearly managed to destroy Cinque.
Fabien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 22:23   Link #288
Gearhead
Metroid of Humor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
Don't forget that Ginga was just fighting "normally". Subaru went berserk, which is why she nearly managed to destroy Cinque.
This is true. But it also helps that however Subaru's IS destroys things creates some kind of catastrophic feedback in the Numbers' systems. Quattro mentions it when pointing out that Nove needs repairs and Cinque will be down for the count for even longer.

Had Cinque not managed to at least partially block each one of those attacks Subaru fired off with her hands while she was berserk, she would've died.
Old 2007-09-11, 22:28   Link #289
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Precia treated Fate as a tool after finding out she's 'different' from 'her' Alicia. Well, how she led to that conclusion on her part, it's really her own bias. (( I'm sure she can't see souls ))

Considering how unstable Precia was then, I'm half-confident even if Alicia turns out alright in the beginning, Precia might even consider her 'different' once she's at 'that' phase.

And this Acous mind-reading thing... I sure hope it's not just a plot-device, but foreshadowing as well.

Now's a perfect chance to REALLY understand how they feel.

But still, looking back... some things really made me lol.

Are Relic Weapons even upsetting balance of powers?

As for Zest-Cinque... there's a lot of metal in that place, and since it's an ambush, even with strength difference, Cinque would get an upper-hand. Plus it's not like air mages are super agile in cramped areas. Even Signum was running and not flying when she's inside Central HQ.

Cinque just needs to have some traps with her IS placed there, and get Zest backed against say... the tubes with metal or something. Even S-ranks can do nothing if something they're close or leaning against suddenly goes BOOM, with shrapnels flying around.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-11, 22:42   Link #290
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
And this Acous mind-reading thing... I sure hope it's not just a plot-device, but foreshadowing as well.
We should give up on hope by now

Quote:

Now's a perfect chance to REALLY understand how they feel.

Lol!

I wonder if theres a ritual or something for it... Having his face too close?

Quote:
But still, looking back... some things really made me lol.

Are Relic Weapons even upsetting balance of powers?

I still don't feel the seriousness of all this...

And ONE MAN, is not an organization.

Hell, in the character page, they're still called 'Unknown'. Well, I suppose they could be called NOD.

No Official Designation.
Old 2007-09-11, 23:04   Link #291
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Precia treated Fate as a tool after finding out she's 'different' from

'her' Alicia. Well, how she led to that conclusion on her part, it's really her own bias. (( I'm sure she can't see souls ))
She does, to be fair, name several obvious differences that are beyond the normal range of subjectivism.

Quote:
Considering how unstable Precia was then, I'm half-confident even if Alicia turns out alright

in the beginning, Precia might even consider her 'different' once she's at 'that' phase.
True, she'd be comparing Fate to her concept of Alicia, not Alicia herself.

Quote:
As for Zest-Cinque... there's a lot of metal in that place, and since it's an ambush,
Actually, no one said it was an ambush - just that the Captain protected them. There's a difference.

Quote:
even with strength difference, Cinque would get an upper-hand. Plus it's not like air mages are super agile in cramped areas. Even Signum was running and not flying when she's inside Central

HQ.
But Cinque can't even fly and has no mobility assist (like Subaru / Novu's skates). That makes them at best even.

Quote:
Cinque just needs to have some traps with her IS placed there, and get Zest backed against say... the tubes with metal or something. Even S-ranks can do nothing if something they're close or leaning against suddenly goes BOOM, with shrapnels flying around.
Actually, Cinque will still need to stab her stingers into the wall to begin her alchemy, so Zest should have time to use Panzergeist (since he's Belkan) - heck, even Subaru can activate Protection during a direct attack on her body.

I'm inclined to think that part of her problems with Subaru and Ginga is, other than their IS, that she was trying to keep them intact all along. Her own IS, being alchemic in nature, is powerful but does not allow for unharmed capture. Probably Cinque disconnected Ginga's arm with her IS and Novu did Ginga's capture with his fists.

Even when fighting Subaru, IIRC she threw the darts against the floor a lot. Only with the last attempt did she actually aim them for Subaru's hull. Considering that her alchemy could penetrate the heavy protection and alloys of a power plant, she reasonably could have done more damage to Subaru's hull than she actually did.

And even if she's limited to the shown damage, if she did that kind of damage on the first blow, directly into Subaru's hull, a second attack of similar strength will have decapacitated her no matter how berserk she is - there won't be enough hull and structure left to support her. So I suspect that she may have been trying not to hurt her, then only to stop her, rather than shattering her into a million pieces. But the setting turned out to be too low thanks to Subaru's berserk state, and that's what nearly caused her own death.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 03:45   Link #292
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

"Lu", "Lu-chan"... Oh my god... When did they have such a relationship? At least say her whole name, stupid kids.
Yea, I forgot to notice that Erio and Carol just somehow started to call Lutecia just "Lu-chan"...and its weird, they just introduced themselves to Lutecia in episode 22.

Quote:
The stupidest ways to power up... Grow tentacles and bleed, and grow a laser at the stomach...
Garyuu growing tentacles, blades coming out of his arms, which makes him bleed and if I'm correct, he was crying out blood from his eyes also...which was weird in a way.

Quote:

Once again, curse the plot conveniences! Ginga's back...
I guess divine buster hit Ginga so hard that her hard drive of memories came back.
Old 2007-09-12, 05:25   Link #293
Nemesis

You know,i wonder,what would happen if characters like Erio,Caro and lutecia did not exis in Strikers?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 05:29   Link #294
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
You know,i wonder,what would happen if characters like Erio,Caro and lutecia did not exis in Strikers?
I don't know...the three had their purposes in StrikerS. hmm, I guess everything would have focused on Teana and Subaru and...more FateXNanoha I guess.

Why, did you lose interest in getting a much more developed Erio, Caro, and Lutecia?
Old 2007-09-12, 05:31   Link #295
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
I don't know...the three had their purposes in StrikerS. hmm, I guess everything would have focused on Teana and Subaru and...more FateXNanoha I guess.
There's already too much evil in this world...

Quote:
Why, did you lose interest in getting a much more developed Erio, Caro, and Lutecia?
Because he has given up hope after weeks of Enthusiasm
Old 2007-09-12, 05:33   Link #296
Nemesis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
There's already too much evil in this world...

Correct dude!

but its better to spare them the pain rather than than let them face it.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 05:35   Link #297
Chaos2Frozen
Put it in the Database

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Correct dude!

but its better to spare them the pain rather than than let them face it.
Now you're just being over dramatic.

Beside, I'll take anything that would spare us from more evil.
Old 2007-09-12, 05:36   Link #298
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

I expected more from Lutecia's and Caro's final summons in this episode...Voltaire looked so much cooler looking in episode 17...and plot hole perhaps, but wasn't it mentioned that Caro couldn't control her summoning powers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I'm guessing it was all from the episode previews each week...well we should be glad that we got to see Fate's Sonic Form in StrikerS...although it was a given since she was in a situation where she could break out into a new form anytime soon.

As for Caro, Erio, and Lutecia, they are going to be best friends when this is all over...and if season 4 is created, we'll see the love triangle that was suppose to happen.

Last edited by Ultima_Rasengan05; 2007-09-12 at 05:48.
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 06:07   Link #299
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
I expected more from Lutecia's and Caro's final summons in this episode...Voltaire looked so much cooler looking in episode 17...and plot hole perhaps, but wasn't it mentioned that Caro couldn't control her summoning powers?
I wouldn't call it plothole...

It's obvious they didn't have time to give us the 'hinted drama' that they oh, so slowly planted and hinted in the earlier episodes. Oh, and they went drunk with their priorities, when they wasted Fate's time with Vivio. I can understand Nanoha a wee bit, but Vivio had little bearing to Fate's drama with Jail/Erio/Caro in the final battle.

Not to mention self-questioning, insecure, worried, emotional Fate-guardian with Erio/Caro character development >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Perfect Mother Fate-mama with Vivio NON-development.

It was nice to see someone young, you know...ACTUALLY struggling with her motherhood and questions herself being emotionally insecure, rather than being portrayed as being the all-perfect guardian/mother figure.

Had SS02 not existed, the drama in this episode was honestly, hard to swallow.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-12, 06:16   Link #300
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
IMO Caro and the likes are redundant in StrikerS, Teana/Subaru/Ginga plot line would have worked just as well without them. Think about the roles so far those kids are simply there so fillers can be written to fill up the 13 extra eps. The old gang+older recruit would have been enough and would have left room to develop the Numbers better.

And does anyone know what's the deal between Arf's voice actress and the production company? I can feel a contractual/schedule issue that caused her character to be written out of the story (happens a lot with sequels) and replaced with a child form so different actress can be used (but due to differences too large can only be used sparingly).
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote