AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-10, 13:42   Link #1
Comrade
A fuckin' genius!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Here, there ... EVERYWHERE!
Age: 27
What do you think about Communism?

The title says it all. what's your opinion about this form of government?
Okay, I know, that many (if not everyone) will think of the Soviet Union and will possibly say that Communism sucks. And that isn't what I meant by this.
I am talking about the main idea behind it. Imagine yourself.
Communism =
Free health care
Free education
Equal wages for everyone
No rich and no poor
Fixed prices for various items (For example, a bottle of milk costs the same in every shop)
and more

I understand that many will object that one ruler = no freedom. Yes, that is true, but I also think that the exact opposite, when everyone is allowed to say what he wants and protest against everything he wants is a bit too much. Freedom is necessary, but it must have limits. When everyone speaks what he thinks is best, then it is impossible to reach a conclusion.
I also think that the Soviet Union made the mistake because of the "human factor". Paranoia, isolation, accent on heavy industry and military industry, a complete militarization of all member nations. Things like these, made the Soviet Union repulsive for almost everyone. IMO if there wasn't a thing like the Cold War and Stalin would be replaced by a competent leader, the Soviet Union would be a much better place don't you think?
__________________
If vegetarians care about the animals, then why are they eating all their food?
Comrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:12   Link #2
Dromthefirst
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In my room where else?
Age: 24
Well i do like the idea of communism but the problem is it never actually works because everybody always wants different things they never want things to be the same even though they know it would probably be better. Most shop owners and buisnesses don't want the same prices because they are all greedy bastards
and people who do a harder job don't want to be paid the same as someone who does an easier job, just in general it's a great idea but will never work.
Dromthefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:14   Link #3
silent_halo
the figure in the mirror
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: englnd, hull
Age: 21
Communism like you said can be a good thing. Such as everything costs the same in every shop, and the fact that you are free and can protest and say what he wants without limits UNLESS...unless it is a racist comment in which we do need limits but not many.
But as you said i do object to one ruler for reasons i can't explain.
But the Soviet Union would have made a better place.
To bad our world can't be rid of things like that, but we will never be pefect.
silent_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:16   Link #4
Nerthoul
^__^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromthefirst View Post
will never work.
Why? look at Сhinese
There communism and all that only possible
Nerthoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:17   Link #5
silent_halo
the figure in the mirror
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: englnd, hull
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerthoul View Post
Why? look at Сhinese
There communism and all that the only possible
that is very true
silent_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:22   Link #6
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Why? look at Сhinese
There communism and all that only possible
If China is a communist country in the Marxist sense of the word, then I'm the Dalai Lama. Honest.

Quote:
I understand that many will object that one ruler = no freedom. Yes, that is true, but I also think that the exact opposite, when everyone is allowed to say what he wants and protest against everything he wants is a bit too much. Freedom is necessary, but it must have limits. When everyone speaks what he thinks is best, then it is impossible to reach a conclusion.
There's the problem with your reasoning. True communism is much closer to anarchism than what you're talking about. True communism is about nothing but freedom and freedom itself. The bastardizations of Marx's way of thinking (and of Marx's own contradictions) are what came to be known as communism in the world today, completely losing focus on the real issue.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:24   Link #7
Nerthoul
^__^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
If China is a communist country in the Marxist sense of the word, then I'm the Dalai Lama. Honest.
At now, it's a mix of communism and democracy
Nerthoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:25   Link #8
Dromthefirst
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In my room where else?
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
If China is a communist country in the Marxist sense of the word, then I'm the Dalai Lama. Honest.
Hahaha i would agree was it china or korea? thats had the death camp thing going for it because if its china then i don't think they're communists like you say.
Dromthefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:26   Link #9
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
At now, it's a mix of communism and democracy
No, it's a capitalist society. The people with more money have more power.

If you want something that's nearer to communism, look in Cuba. Though it's still not communism.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:26   Link #10
silent_halo
the figure in the mirror
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: englnd, hull
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromthefirst View Post
Hahaha i would agree was it china or korea? thats had the death camp thing going for it because if its china then i don't think they're communists like you say.
i think it was Korea...not quite sure...
silent_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:28   Link #11
Nerthoul
^__^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromthefirst View Post
Hahaha i would agree was it china or korea? thats had the death camp thing going for it because if its china then i don't think they're communists like you say.
if u do not believe - use Wiki
chinese are controled of communist party
Nerthoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:30   Link #12
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Age: 25
Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
chinese are controled of communist party
Which is only a label and doesn't make them communist at all. As long as there is money and private property, it will never be communism.
__________________


Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:31   Link #13
Dromthefirst
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: In my room where else?
Age: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerthoul View Post
if u do not believe - use Wiki
chinese are controled of communist party
I know the chinese have adopted communism but are they really enforcing it because in my eyes it doesn't really seem like it.
Dromthefirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:31   Link #14
silent_halo
the figure in the mirror
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: englnd, hull
Age: 21
well i guess you learn something evry day huh?
silent_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:33   Link #15
Nerthoul
^__^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dromthefirst View Post
I know the chinese have adopted communism but are they really enforcing it because in my eyes it doesn't really seem like it.
I did not say that it's a net communism - it's mix of
Nerthoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:34   Link #16
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Communism....nice in theory, poor in practise. And China isn't really a Communist country anymore, although it claims to be.

The failure of Communism in practise doesn't necessarily mean the "end of history" however. Neither does it suggest that capitalism has decisively "won" the Cold War. Free-market capitalism has the unfortunate problem of creating a society of haves and haves-nots, and globalisation has added to that particular problem. That's why you still have various strands of Socialism (a milder form of Communism?) floating around in many parts of the world, because people perceive it to be a more equitable way of running a country.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:35   Link #17
Nerthoul
^__^
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by silent_halo View Post
well i guess you learn something evry day huh?
Yea , and now, i'm study english language ^^
Nerthoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:37   Link #18
silent_halo
the figure in the mirror
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: englnd, hull
Age: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerthoul View Post
Yea , and now, i'm study english language ^^
lol - it was only a spelling mastake
hey i'm just about to learn about the cold war could anyone briefly fill me in?
silent_halo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:55   Link #19
TinyRedLeaf
. . .
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Singapore
Age: 39
Wikipedia is your friend. Well, not all the time perhaps, but in this case, the entry seems to have been fairly well edited. I won't recommend that you rely on it totally your research, but it's good as a "Beginner's guide to the Cold War". I wish I had something like this when I was in school, way back when.
TinyRedLeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-10, 14:57   Link #20
User65554
Disabled By Request
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Communism is a good idea, but it doesn't work. Because as soon as you have a person, or a group of people in that position, who are essentially accountable to noone, idealism will go out the window, and they will start doing things for their good, as opposed to the people. This is what happened in most countries that say they are 'communist', such as the USSR, China, and the rest.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 21:31.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.