AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Suggestions

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-11, 22:00   Link #21
MagicMango

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_Wyrm View Post
I'm not sure showing anything Yu-Gi-Oh! would go down well.
It's not really Yu-Gi-Oh! Rather, it's a fanmade parody of the show using scenes from the anime, but redubbed. Each episode are only 4-8 minutes long. I'm sure they could be used as some sort of break inbetween viewings. I know how people are quick to judge, but this parody series is insanely funny.
Old 2007-09-11, 22:14   Link #22
Earth_Wyrm

Ah! Well that's a whole different manner of biscuit. That's useful, thanks. ^_^

We usually do show something during the break, and at the beginning of the meet when everyone is still turning up - last year these were western animations off of Adult Swim like Metalocalypse and Sealab 2021.
Old 2007-09-12, 00:31   Link #23
Leedizzle

Today in Class 5-2 is awesome.
Old 2007-09-12, 01:27   Link #24
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
The ongoing shows you listed, Devildog, can't be shown because they're ongoing (I make an exception for Seto no Hanayome since it's so close to completion.)
Nagasarete Airantou is 4 episodes from finishing, 26 episodes in total Though i think this is a rather risky choice, as the series can be somewhat hit-or-miss for some people, depending on their initial expectations. First two episodes are absolutely crazy, then the steam drops and while it does remain a a light hearted comedy at heart, some people might find it somewhat slow i guess. Still it is a cute and 'innocent' romance comedy (somewhat like Mahoraba with upped craziness), so you might want to check it out for yourself to find out Seto no Hanayome still blows it out of the water though
Old 2007-09-12, 13:59   Link #25
Earth_Wyrm

I'll have a look at Nagasarete then - risky choices I'm more likely to take later in the year, once it's already been established who the regulars are. At the moment though, I've just got to make sure the material is as accessible as possible.

Seto no Hanayome and Fumoffu! seem like the two most likely candidates at the moment.

It's great that I've got so many suggestions, I really wasn't expecting this much feedback - and I should be able to download a good number of these myself for personal viewing, so it looks like I'm in for a funny few weeks.
Old 2007-09-12, 19:19   Link #26
RavenHawk
Tsundere Killer

Send a message via MSN to RavenHawk Send a message via Yahoo to RavenHawk
Ya know if I were to give one of my favorite comedy, I'd give Cromartie High School. Think total stupidity amongst delinquents, and hey, the school even enrolled a gorilla and Freddie Mercury. 26 episode of total stupidity so good, you'll laugh like an idiot. Oh BTW, don't miss the last episode of Cromartie High for you Marimite fans out there; you're in for a treat you will never forget.
Old 2007-09-12, 20:13   Link #27
Earth_Wyrm

Freddie Mercury!
That's... fantastic.

Actually, I have a friend who has mentioned this series before, I wonder if he has the series or the manga? Hopefully I can get the series on disk off of him.

Last edited by Earth_Wyrm; 2007-09-12 at 20:14. Reason: Just a typo
Old 2007-09-12, 20:26   Link #28
devildog23
Summerlurking

Totally off topic - Wait a second, are you talking about Freddie Mercury from the band Queen?

Oh yeah and about Nagasarete Airantou, it doesn't hold a candle to Seto no Hanayome, so if your going to show it, do it after Seto no Hanayome.

Also if you don't show the show for long consecutive periods, like for more then 2 hours, Yakitate Japan! might be a good choice. Its a comedy show based on cooking. For a show based on cooking, I thought it was pretty interesting and funny...
Old 2007-09-12, 21:07   Link #29
Earth_Wyrm

Looks like it.
Is there any other Freddie Mercury?

We usually show three episodes, then have a break and then show three episodes of a different series - four series' spread across twice weekly meets.
Doesn't 'Yakitate Japan!' have a huge number of episodes?
Old 2007-09-13, 01:33   Link #30
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Are you showing anything other than comedies? If so, I'm curious what you've chosen,.
Old 2007-09-13, 12:31   Link #31
Earth_Wyrm

Only one comedy, I'm just being finicky.

The current thinking between the Treasurer and I (Secretary) is this line-up:

Death Note
A Comedy (Probably Seto no Hanayome or Fumoffu! )
A 'classic' (Possibly Outlaw Star or Stand Alone Complex)
and, er... something else (I'm playing with the idea of Noein, but that's just me)

I've still got to consult with the other committee members (most particularly the Chairman [and possibly last year's chair]), but that's the line-up that the Treasurer and I are thinking of.

Edit:
I wonder if Honey and Clover would work as the 'something else'?
Old 2007-09-17, 21:21   Link #32
Earth_Wyrm

I've watched a couple of episodes of 'Seto no Hanayome' and it's perfect, really just what I'm looking for.
Another round of thanks to those who suggested it.
Old 2007-09-17, 22:08   Link #33
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
and, er... something else (I'm playing with the idea of Noein, but that's just me)
Obviously I think quite highly of Noein, but I'm not sure it's a good choice for a diverse audience of viewers. I think much of the animation in Noein is quite brilliant, but people who are enamored of shows in the currently popular styles like, say, Haruhi, may not find it as pleasing.

As for Seto no Hanayome, it won't be available in a licensed format any time soon. Can you show unlicensed torrents without running afoul of your university's policies? Technically you're not only infringing the copyright, but you're conducting an unlicensed "public performance" as well. (Actually showing a DVD to your group also constitutes an unlicensed public performance, but we won't go there tonight.) Of course, if the producers of Seto no Hanayome are themselves infringers, maybe you don't need to worry?
Old 2007-09-18, 05:32   Link #34
Earth_Wyrm

Yeah, we can show unlicensed properties.
As for showing licensed properties, I heard word that our uni is able to show licensed products to small, private groups on the basis that it is an educational institution... or something
I've no idea how true that is, and suspect that it might be entirely false, but either way the uni hasn't ever interfered with any of our activities and the society has been running for years

As for the animation style of Noein - I'm thinking of showing Metropolis at some point, so if they can't handle the animation in Noein then there's going to be far 'worse' to come
Closed Thread