AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2004-02-06, 04:14   Link #81
FromageTheDog
Sazabi
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: California
Gokusen -- Great!

For anyone looking for a good comedy-type series, give this one a look. No complicated themes to bend your head around, no weird H stuff to cringe at, no melodrama -- just good, simple, clean fun. 3 eps in and I've been having a blast!

- Fromage
FromageTheDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 04:40   Link #82
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Not as funny a GTO (hey, only 3 sub eps. has been released), but good enough for me. This might be a blast if there was a live action version of it...kinda like GTO where the live action overshadows the anime.

Anyway, a good series. The animation style is kinda weird...err...unique though.

Master Ran

Last edited by Master Ran; 2004-02-06 at 09:37.
Master Ran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 05:08   Link #83
Nokto
Animaniac
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Germany
From what i have read there is a Live Action and a Manga.
Nokto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 11:06   Link #84
a_nevels666
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Obviousland--land of the obvious!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Ran
Not as funny a GTO (hey, only 3 sub eps. has been released), but good enough for me. This might be a blast if there was a live action version of it...kinda like GTO where the live action overshadows the anime.

Anyway, a good series. The animation style is kinda weird...err...unique though.
There is a live-action version of Gokusen.

I disagree with GTO live-action being better than the anime though.
a_nevels666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-06, 12:49   Link #85
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: New York, USA
Maybe you missed it, but we alread have a thread titled Gokusen for discussing the anime. I think that we can move this discussion to there.

We also have a thread in Fansub Groups called Gokusen Live Action Fansub Request where we are discussing the possibility of subbing the LA series.
__________________

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 19:18   Link #86
babbito2k
annoying white bat
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
I am noticing that the anime adaptation is skipping over a lot of stuff in the manga. One way or the other the story is going to come out a bit differently. So far it seems like a lot of the yakuza stuff is going to go missing.
__________________
babbito2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-08, 19:26   Link #87
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tboz
Someone mentioned that a group is rumoured to be working on it...

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=5466

Anyway, looks interesting...

http://www.akadot.com/column/evoluti...okusen-01.html
http://www.ntv.co.jp/gokusen/
Yeah supposedly Seichi and maybe TV-Nihon is thinking about doing it. I prefer Seichi to do it though; well either group is good enough I just want to see this subbed. ^_^


Back on topic now ep4 was good, can't wait for ep5. Supposedly that episode is more Yakuza related. This is a good thing since Iím kind of getting tired of the school thing.
__________________
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-12, 20:07   Link #88
gmackenz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 49
Too bad the AnimeOne group has no web-presence with status updates on projects like many other Sub groups maintain, only an IRC channel (where people evidently spend their time chatting about ringworm infestations...Yech!). I should have asked while I was at the IRC channel (but was to grossed out to stay connected) if the particular group doing Gokusen was on vacation, just missing the show...
gmackenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 06:00   Link #89
complich8
Fansubber Emeritus
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Rockville, MD
Age: 33
Send a message via AIM to complich8
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmackenz
Too bad the AnimeOne group has no web-presence with status updates on projects like many other Sub groups maintain, only an IRC channel (where people evidently spend their time chatting about ringworm infestations...Yech!). I should have asked while I was at the IRC channel (but was to grossed out to stay connected) if the particular group doing Gokusen was on vacation, just missing the show...
ep 7 is waiting for a distro op to be awake, at this precise moment (though I'm only about 90% confident that it's good, 'cause I was pretty damned tired when I checked it and I think the timing for the credit translations was off by a frame or so).
ep 8 is waiting for me to be conscious enough to look at it (again) without falling asleep.

We had some problems with certain group members going on spring break, and others having major life-events. It's mostly handled now ('cause I'm on spring break so I can do stuff more to cover for them)...

and yeah, the main channel conversations tend to get strange. It's its own little community of pedos and pervs and generally fucked up people, and if you're uncomfortable around that sort of stuff (and the hordes of "gimmenarutonoworI'llannoyyoumore" kids), you might not like spending time there. In any case, we don't typically tell them our status either, 'cause it'd build expectations that we'd have to keep destroying over and over again with our unpredictable iterative qc/fix process.

Anyway, a good rule of thumb is "be patient, things happen and life is unpredictable" ...
__________________
complich8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 11:48   Link #90
gmackenz
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Oakland, CA
Age: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by complich8
ep 7 is waiting for a distro op to be awake, at this precise moment (though I'm only about 90% confident that it's good, 'cause I was pretty damned tired when I checked it and I think the timing for the credit translations was off by a frame or so).
ep 8 is waiting for me to be conscious enough to look at it (again) without falling asleep.

We had some problems with certain group members going on spring break, and others having major life-events. It's mostly handled now ('cause I'm on spring break so I can do stuff more to cover for them)...

and yeah, the main channel conversations tend to get strange. It's its own little community of pedos and pervs and generally fucked up people, and if you're uncomfortable around that sort of stuff (and the hordes of "gimmenarutonoworI'llannoyyoumore" kids), you might not like spending time there. In any case, we don't typically tell them our status either, 'cause it'd build expectations that we'd have to keep destroying over and over again with our unpredictable iterative qc/fix process.
Groovy! Thanks for the update...Sorry major-life events occured...Hopefully pleasant ones only.
gmackenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 17:53   Link #91
wnkryo
HainShodan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: new york city
Episode 7 is out, go and get it!
__________________
wnkryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-13, 22:46   Link #92
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnkryo
Episode 7 is out, go and get it!
And so is ep8 , 2 releases in one day yay.
__________________
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 00:30   Link #93
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 加拿大
Age: 28
I just saw episode 07, and the intro scene had me convulsing.
Spoiler:


Thanks AonE! For your quick double release.
__________________

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-14, 10:32   Link #94
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!
 
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Middle of insanity
Quote:
Thanks AonE! For your quick double release.
Yeah, no doubt. I've noticed that AonE has been cranking a bunch of stuff out lately. Must be they're trying to get caught up or something, or may be trying to clear their todo list in preperatoin for something. Hmm. Well, either way, I'm tickled.
__________________
Visit my new writing website at:
www.realmsofimagination.net
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 13:01   Link #95
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: 加拿大
Age: 28
Just saw episode 8 as well, actually, I saw it a while ago. I'm just too lazy to post.
Spoiler:


Needless to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying this series.
__________________

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.
Muir Woods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-15, 13:08   Link #96
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a Green Coffee Cup
Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
Just saw episode 8 as well, actually, I saw it a while ago. I'm just too lazy to post.
Spoiler:


Needless to say, I'm thoroughly enjoying this series.
LoL ya that was funny. I like the part better when
Spoiler:


To bad this series is so short unlike GTO.
__________________
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-26, 11:52   Link #97
NinjaSetsuna
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Denile, Earth
Ah Gokusen

Yeah I am a fan of the dorama and I actually like this series, I have yet to read the manga (but I want to!). I like the anime so far, the dog was annoying but I'm used to him now. I'm rooting for Shin-chan and Yankumi, but will that happen? Probably not. ^_^ So much for dreams, heh.
NinjaSetsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-28, 04:31   Link #98
Meier
A Beck anime? SWOON!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Chicago, IL
Really looking forward to more -- Gokusen is one of the few bright spots for me in an otherwise poor year thus far of anime. But man will that change in April (I cant contain my excitement).
Meier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-07, 06:36   Link #99
LordMerc
Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Norwich, UK
Age: 31
Send a message via MSN to LordMerc
Gokusen

Man, this series rox, i cant wait for the last 4 eps to be released, what does everyone else think? Its sorta like GTOLA But with a girl???

IT WORKS
__________________
Anime Is Way Rockin, Esp. Sailor Moon

Check out

http://groups.msn.com/AnimeTradingCompany
LordMerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-08, 00:02   Link #100
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Somewhere in Hawaii
Its cool, I've seen a few eps of GTO and I wasn't too found of it. I love Gokusen though. It's in my top ten list, too bad its only gonna be 13 or so eps.
__________________
Keitaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.