AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2009-03-12, 15:49   Link #741
JackRydden224
Knight of Twelve's Knight

ACE was one of the best robot game around and we really need a 00 Gundam game using the same engine. Just imagine 00 Raiser flying around in Trans-Am and killing grunts from all those different series ~
Old 2009-03-12, 20:09   Link #742
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
^OH I have imagine it since MSG 00 s2 ep1.The 00 Raiser sweaping the battlefield,GN particles spreading & the grunts scream "What the hell?","It's a gundam,run".....

I wonder what are Bandai/Banpresto doing with that ACE game engine.Too bad they are not going to release another ACE game...
Old 2009-03-12, 21:50   Link #743
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVNEN View Post
^OH I have imagine it since MSG 00 s2 ep1.The 00 Raiser sweaping the battlefield,GN particles spreading & the grunts scream "What the hell?","It's a gundam,run".....

I wonder what are Bandai/Banpresto doing with that ACE game engine.Too bad they are not going to release another ACE game...
Oh yea. The ACE engine is 100 times better than that Gundam Meister game, I seriously hope Bandai makes good use of it. Bandai might not make another ACE game, but I doubt they'll leave a good engine sitting there while the PS2 is still an influential console. My guess is that once there are more robots/series to be added, they'll use the engine but call it something different.

Macross Frontier and Gundam 00 in the same game? Hell ya. 00 Raiser blasting Vajra bugs? Hell ya.
Old 2009-03-13, 00:22   Link #744
Kenshin3
Gundam Wing Zero

bah hated macross..seemed promising but for crap sakes cut out the songs..and was that guy a guy or girl? geeze..

I think ACE Is done..for...

The next gundam game move (for NA) will be decided by DWG2's sales..I wanna buy 4 copies so they make a 3rd lol, but yea in NA there's not going to be a ACE game..for sure..ps2 might come out with another gundam type game (there's plenty opportunity now that 00 is about to finish) I just don't see why not make a good damn gundam game for ps3!!! NA LOVES GUNDAM TOO!
Kenshin3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 02:14   Link #745
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Oh yea. The ACE engine is 100 times better than that Gundam Meister game, I seriously hope Bandai makes good use of it. Bandai might not make another ACE game, but I doubt they'll leave a good engine sitting there while the PS2 is still an influential console.
It's not Bandai who doesn't want to use it. It's From Software(yeah that's the name) who holds the proprietary rights to the game engine as they were the ones who made it. See Armoured Core, which looks quite close.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 02:50   Link #746
JackRydden224

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
It's not Bandai who doesn't want to use it. It's From Software(yeah that's the name) who holds the proprietary rights to the game engine as they were the ones who made it. See Armoured Core, which looks quite close.
Yes, technically From Software has the rights to the game engine but it's Bandai who hasn't gone to them with a new project. Common sense tells me that From Software would be so very happy if Bandai approaches them for another game, after all it is Bandai who owns the rights to them mechs.
Old 2009-03-13, 03:57   Link #747
JayCee
Enigma

MS Saga: A New Dawn looks interesting and fun rpg. If only they release a ps3 gundam rpg. That would be cool
JayCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 04:26   Link #748
RAVNEN

Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackRydden224 View Post
Yes, technically From Software has the rights to the game engine but it's Bandai who hasn't gone to them with a new project. Common sense tells me that From Software would be so very happy if Bandai approaches them for another game, after all it is Bandai who owns the rights to them mechs.
Yeah,me too.Hopefully they still have that ACE game engine.It is a waste if they decide to drop it. Even ACE3 was for PS2,the graphic look awesome & mecha thruster effect look realistic. Heh,I'm still playing ACE now.

I wonder why they don't want to release another ACE series,strange.
Old 2009-03-16, 07:11   Link #749
Kenshin3
Gundam Wing Zero

the freakin date for DWG2 WAS PUSHED BACK MAN, LETS ALL WRITE HATE MAIL TO KOEI
Old 2009-03-17, 04:30   Link #750
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

A sequeal to LWC and a PS3 exclusive to boot. Seems to be a tie-in to that new 30th Anniversary show.
Old 2009-03-17, 04:48   Link #751
Celestial
妹ちゃん

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakubeX2 View Post

A sequeal to LWC and a PS3 exclusive to boot. Seems to be a tie-in to that new 30th Anniversary show.
This thing is probably the 30th anniversary project itself.
Celestial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 04:55   Link #752
Sciel
Etoilé

Awesome news. I loved LWC when i played it a couple of years back.
Sciel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 17:04   Link #753
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Yet another good Gundam game that won't grace us fans in the US.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 17:24   Link #754
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Yet another good Gundam game that won't grace us fans in the US.
Since the PS3 is region free, there's technically no loss involve here.

And more images with more info :-

○開発状況60%
60% od the game is done

○「ガンダム7号機」参戦
RX-78-7 will be in the game

○「シナリオ」モードは書き下ろしのオリジナルストーリーが展開。
└ 「一年戦争」の2年後が舞台となっている。
Scenarior Mode will be featuring an original story that take place 2 years after OYW.

○シナリオモードは「仲間との絆」がテーマ。バラティーに富んだミッションが楽しめる。
└ 3Dのモデリングと2Dアニメーションを組み合わせたハイブリッドアニメーションを収録。
Scenarior mode will be based on the theme of "Bonds Between Comrades" and there is a wide variety of missions.Cutscenes will be animated with 3D models and 2D animations.

○オンライン対応。対戦プレイ、協力プレイともに可能。
└ 対戦プレイは最大で8人同時。協力プレイは最大で4人同時。ボイスチャット対応。
Online component will have Co-Op and Player Match. Player match will host up to 8 players at once while Co-op hosting up to 4 players. Voice Chat will be included.

○オンラインモードには「これでもか」というほどの要素を詰め込んだ
Online mode will have things to be unlocked.

http://remoon.blog15.fc2.com/blog-entry-8043.html
Old 2009-03-17, 17:34   Link #755
GN0010 Nosferatu
Burning Red!

Well...I only have a 360...so yeah...
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-17, 18:45   Link #756
Kenshin3
Gundam Wing Zero

it said ps3 exclusive anyway...get a good system..but moving on

damn japanese onlys..im still gonna buy it..hopefully about 40$, plus 55$ shipping from japan..

what's the game's name tho..
Old 2009-03-18, 17:06   Link #757
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Does anyone know why they actually stopped making the ACE games? I'm curious. Did they just not sell well? I have to be honest, I'd rather have more games like ACE and more games with SD models.

Edit: Who was clamoring for MORE stuff set during/around the OYW? Tell me now, so I can reach through my computer and smack you. But seriously. C'mon Bandai. You have milked that teat dry--move on. Try to get SOME mileage out of the Gryps Conflict or the Neo-Zeon War.

To think. I was hyped seeing there was a new PS3 Gundam game, but knowing it'll just be the stuff from OYW plus a few new suits again has stopped that. *sighs* When's DWG 2 coming over to America again?

Last edited by Solace; 2009-03-20 at 02:46.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 17:17   Link #758
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

http://zoome.jp/meltdown2/diary/82/

Never did expect that guy to be the final boss, but fitting. Was expecting Turn X.
Old 2009-03-18, 17:21   Link #759
Roadie
Banned

I wouldn't half mind a game in which one could control the AEUG, Karaba and the Titans in respective campaigns. Hell, maybe even an alternate ending in which the Titans win.

Though AEUG vs. Titans may have already done that...
Roadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-18, 17:24   Link #760
MakubeX2
うるとらぺど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadie View Post
I wouldn't half mind a game in which one could control the AEUG, Karaba and the Titans in respective campaigns. Hell, maybe even an alternate ending in which the Titans win.

Though AEUG vs. Titans may have already done that...
We already have that for the past decade or so and it's call Ghiren No Yabou or Ghiren's Greed.