AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-10-04, 02:12   Link #1741
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
A friend and I just got myself a copy of Gundam Senki, anyone here still active online?

Or you could just answer a few questions , how do I dual wield?? Can't seem to figure that out and it's not on the FAQs on Gamefaqs.

Also I'm assuming there really isn't a reason for us to try to get new suits in the singleplayer campaign because you're basically forced to upgrade to the RX78-7 anyway. Customization and MS collecting is all online?
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 03:27   Link #1742
Kikuchi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 26
I just started it recently too. To dual-wield, I think you need an adequate beam saber (like the RX 81 one or the RX 78-7 one). Equip it and it'll ask whether or not you want to dual wield, warning you of the fact that if you do it, you won't be able to use your shield at all while the sabers are out (need to press R1 to draw your rifle before).

I also suggest you do both campaigns before doing anything else, as doing this will unlock the "Mercenary" faction for Free Mission. It allows you to do missions from each side and get every MS, part and weapon in one playthrough. Costs are twice higher, but it's worth it as most players online are mercenaries and you won't be able to join their game unless you are too.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-06, 10:08   Link #1743
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
^ Thanks mate I just figured that out a couple days ago. I'm currently playing Zeon's campaign on Hard Mode now.

What suits do you recommend getting online? I heard the G3 is one of the best units you can get.

This game is actually a lot more fun that I expected it to be, but there are a lot of little imperfections that's probably unacceptable for this day and age especially when its on an HD console. The textures are quite bad, the animation for the Mobile suits are downright horrible and there is completely no impact when I fight someone. It's got a lot in common with Demon Soul's and actually this game would be a perfect mecha counterpart if they manage to make a sequel and fix up all the little nitpicks (and add more suits and variety to the missions and stages). Maybe I'm spoiled with the Versus series.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 16:58   Link #1744
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Some new features for Gundam Musou 3 have been announced, along with screenshots from the playable demo.

Loving the idea of the catapult, along with the energy dash technique. Plus the cel-shaded formula fits the game so well.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-14, 21:33   Link #1745
RAVNEN
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: malim nawar,malaysia
Age: 27
Send a message via Yahoo to RAVNEN
So Gundam Musou 3 has some updated strategy & command element...that's just awesome. Thanks for the info...Shiroth...
__________________
RAVNEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 11:13   Link #1746
Sides
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Edinburgh
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonli View Post
This game is actually a lot more fun that I expected it to be, but there are a lot of little imperfections that's probably unacceptable for this day and age especially when its on an HD console. The textures are quite bad, the animation for the Mobile suits are downright horrible and there is completely no impact when I fight someone. It's got a lot in common with Demon Soul's and actually this game would be a perfect mecha counterpart if they manage to make a sequel and fix up all the little nitpicks (and add more suits and variety to the missions and stages). Maybe I'm spoiled with the Versus series.
How does it compare to MSG Sensen 0079? Kind of thinking to order the best buy version (budget reprint).
Am i right to believe that it is also from Team White Dingo?
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-19, 03:17   Link #1747
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
^ I'm ashamed to say I didn't play any of those games you mentioned . I played Lost War Chronicles on the PS2 which is the prequel to this series.

This game is actually quite challenging, sometimes because it actually requires skill and strategy (like retreating when you should instead of just ram yourself through). Other times it's downright frustrating because the game is poorly designed. For example, enemies can attack you outside of the mission area range, but you cannot reach them yourself. So if you're a melee based unit you're practically screwed and have to restart the mission with a gun. However I'd say that this game gives an accurate representation of how it feels to be a useless grunt in the UC universe. You really feel helpless sometimes and waves of enemies are actually threatening (even petty GMs).

My friend and I just finished both campaigns and started online mode yesterday. It's pretty fun so far playing it with a friend, so I'd say the experience is enhanced when you're fending off a bunch of Mobile Suits with a pal.

So in conclusion, if you're a big Gundam fan, big enough to over look some obvious game mechanic flaws, and you want to experience being a grunt in the world of UC then this game is for you. If you're looking for some Gundam-Ace-Pilot action you'd probably be best with Dynasty warriors and the Versus series.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 20:01   Link #1748
Gevurah
What you say?!?!
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: In a place where I don't want to...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
How does it compare to MSG Sensen 0079? Kind of thinking to order the best buy version (budget reprint).
Am i right to believe that it is also from Team White Dingo?
Are you talking about the Wii game, correct? Sensen feels much more arcadey than the usual counterparts but I did enjoy it a lot. I don't think you can go wrong with either one aside from the fact that Senki is essentially a "newer" storyline versus the usual "during 0079."

And here's something I made in the LBP2 Beta.



Attempted to create "The Wings of a Boy who Killed Adolescence" from Gundam Wing on top of using some sprites from G Generation Wars. I had to go chiptunes considering not all the audio tools are in at this time.
__________________

"I appear to be a plushie, but my heart is that of a wolf." - Kon
Gevurah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-25, 20:07   Link #1749
So Zaku
Until the End..
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Epic win :d
So Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 12:53   Link #1750
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Oh my god...Gevurah...speechless. I can't wait to play Little Big Planet 2, how's the game so far?


For those who're interested in Gundam Senki, feel free to add me on PSN. I'm pretty late game now with my friend, we just got ourselves an NT1 and a Kampher.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-26, 22:27   Link #1751
Meehlimo
Gundam Otaku
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 28
Send a message via AIM to Meehlimo Send a message via MSN to Meehlimo
is the demo out for the usa yet or just japan?
__________________
Meehlimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 03:09   Link #1752
jonli
JONLIの憂'
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meehlimo View Post
is the demo out for the usa yet or just japan?
If you're talking about LBP2 its just a beta right now.

If you're talking about Gundam Senki there is no demo.

If you're talking about Dynastry Warriors Gundam 3, I just checked the JP PSN for you, I can't see it. The demo famitsu is talking about is most probably the one shown in TGS where if you went you get to experience it first hand.

If you're talking about Extreme Versus, that game is out in the arcades in Japan only.
__________________
Oh~ Baby! Shalalalala~ Shalala in the morning~ OH! BABY!
jonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-27, 08:57   Link #1753
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Amazing Gevurah, i must say. I know for a fact i'll be adding you as a friend once LBP2 is released. :3
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 15:14   Link #1754
Turn A
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Some news about dwg 3

Spoiler for pic:
__________________
Alea iacta est.
Turn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 15:17   Link #1755
Kikuchi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Paris
Age: 26
Pic not showing for me.
Kikuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:29   Link #1756
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Pic not showing for me.
Yeah same.

My PSP 3000 is finally sorted, so it's time to hunt down some games i need to play. Would people recommend just skipping Gundam vs Gundam, and just go for Next?
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:38   Link #1757
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Age: 25
There's literally no reason to play the original when there's Next.
__________________
HashiriyaR32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 18:48   Link #1758
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: England, UK
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32 View Post
There's literally no reason to play the original when there's Next.
Yeah that's what i thought, though it's best asking just in case.
__________________
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 09:09   Link #1759
Fishfood1
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Not Antarctica?
totally. the only main difference that gvg next+ doesn't have compare to gvg iirc, is the blocking system and shield hp. otherwise gvg next+ is superior by a lot. oh and maybe the BGM, since they changed a couple of series' OP music to its other OP music(eg: changed GWing's music from "just communication" to "rhythm emotion"... etc).

i totally need a new psp. too much button input on my psp playing next+ has my X being not responsive and square being sticky. already changed my control of shooting from square to right, and secondary to circle, and circle to square(since switching target is less used than shooting or secondary)
__________________

roof>bed
Fishfood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 13:28   Link #1760
Turn A
Junior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
Pic not showing for me.
sorry there was a link to a pic showing Deathscyte confirmed for dwg 3 but they wont allow hotlinking
__________________
Alea iacta est.
Turn A is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:37.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.