AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

View Poll Results: Lucky Star - Episode 24 (FINAL) Rating
Perfect 10 210 67.09%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 61 19.49%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 9.58%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 2.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.32%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.32%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.32%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.64%
Voters: 313. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-06, 00:12   Link #301
lenneal

WOOOT i just finished lucky star and i give it a 10 this anime had such a awsome ending and the dance was sooo pro this was one of the best anime ending ive seen ^^ i loved this series but im very sad to see it go
Old 2007-10-06, 21:18   Link #302
CrowKenobi
Est. MMV

a.f.k. has released episode 24 and thus, have finished subbing Lucky Star!

Old 2007-10-06, 21:23   Link #303
kevin13
Disabled By Request

Horrah!!!~
Old 2007-10-07, 11:01   Link #304
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

I was worried at how this episode would turn out, Hoping it wasn't a big disappointment, It was pretty awesome

A nice ending to the series anyway

Old 2007-10-07, 20:29   Link #305
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki

Note the numerous references to Okonomiyaki from various anime and manga mentioned in the latter part of the article above. Plus it's one of my favorite dishes and easy to make at home.

*watches the AFK sub of #24 had been holding out for*

"Japizza"? "Japizza?!" .oO(It's not even a real word!)

AFK could have at least used a real word, let alone the name of the real dish itself... and this after I defended the handling of "oyakodon" in ep. 1... sigh.

*goes off to hunt for an alternate sub*

Great episode though, at least, once I got past the sour taste from that.

edit: Also big thumbs up for ending it with Shiraishi's rendition of the ending song from Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer, which was also set on "the night before the (culture) festival" and possibly Oshii Mamoru's first really stand-out film (though I thought the first UY film was often quite underrated, lol). Great song!

Last edited by Ayu-ayu; 2007-10-07 at 20:47. Reason: Shiraishi
Old 2007-10-07, 23:15   Link #306
Imaginer
WTFBBQ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVPlaya View Post

It's obviously the Lucky Star OP.

Make sure you youtube that dance there.
Is it me or does that seem kind of unsettling in this last episode. I know that I can expect non-sensical off the wall stuff with Lucky Channel, but in the actual show, doesn't this create some sort of paradox???
Old 2007-10-08, 01:52   Link #307
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
edit: Also big thumbs up for ending it with Shiraishi's rendition of the ending song from Urusei Yatsura 2: Beautiful Dreamer, which was also set on "the night before the (culture) festival" and possibly Oshii Mamoru's first really stand-out film (though I thought the first UY film was often quite underrated, lol). Great song!
As a long time anime fan, I was pleasantly surprised to hear Shiraishi sing Ai wa BUUMERAN (Love is a Boomerang) during the end credits. I think it was a nice way to tie up the episode since both LS 24 and UY2: BD feature cultural festivals, AND in a way, it brought back the karaoke of the first half endings - it's not a Minoru original song or a LS/SHnY/KyoAni-sourced tune.

Here's the original version from UY2:
Spoiler for Unhide to watch video:
Old 2007-10-08, 02:06   Link #308
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-ayu View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Okonomiyaki

Note the numerous references to Okonomiyaki from various anime and manga mentioned in the latter part of the article above. Plus it's one of my favorite dishes and easy to make at home.

*watches the AFK sub of #24 had been holding out for*

"Japizza"? "Japizza?!" .oO(It's not even a real word!)

AFK could have at least used a real word, let alone the name of the real dish itself... and this after I defended the handling of "oyakodon" in ep. 1... sigh.

*goes off to hunt for an alternate sub*

!
right.... "japizza" all I can do is shake my head at that and rest my case.

Aside: Okonomiyaki is a fun "table grilling" dish and is great with japanese beer. There are a zillion variations and each region of Japan claims to 'have the original' and 'make the best'. I prefer the Osaka-style but they're all good (if a little tricky to cook properly).

They're closer to being pancakes with lots of toppings than anything remotely resembling pizza..... no tomato substance involved at all.
Old 2007-10-08, 05:18   Link #309
Willen
Aoba Tsukishima

Not all pizza has tomato...

It's hard to give an analogy of a food that's a combination of pancake, omelette, and is topped like a pizza. Although I'd preferred them using okonomiyaki (they did use warabimochi in SHnY), especially since it's the name of a food dish and not part of a joke that needed translating/adapting to understand. I'm probably in the minority in not objecting to a.f.k.'s decision in using the term Japizza.

Or maybe, that's what Strato calls it.

This discussion is making me hungry...
Old 2007-10-08, 10:16   Link #310
bayoab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
They're closer to being pancakes with lots of toppings than anything remotely resembling pizza..... no tomato substance involved at all.
If you look at wikipedia and check google, the most common english term for it is "Japanese Pizza". It doesn't make sense to me either.

It was pretty common in Japan to see white pizzas or non-tomato based pizzas last time I was there.
Old 2007-10-08, 22:17   Link #311
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayoab View Post
If you look at wikipedia and check google, the most common english term for it is "Japanese Pizza". It doesn't make sense to me either.

It was pretty common in Japan to see white pizzas or non-tomato based pizzas last time I was there.
Yeah, to me, my memories of Japanese Pizza is something you can get in a conbini (convenience store) or by demai (delivery) that can have interesting toppings like corn (I miss that!), shrimp and mayonnaise (Tsukasa'd order that I'm sure ), but is otherwise unmistakably of the Domino's school of fast food pizzas. Makes me want to order some shipped by air mail along with some Fanta Melon soda now...
Old 2007-10-10, 23:19   Link #312
CrisisDarkerXIV

Don't flame me for this, but I thought the ending was kind of "unfinished".

Did anyone else feel that?
Old 2007-10-11, 08:18   Link #313
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisDarkerXIV View Post

I felt that too. However, I felt it fitted the series nicely. It had that little "spice" that shows this is indeed the finale. Of course, I still felt it was unfinished and I wish there was an episode 25 somewhere...

But still, it does fit the series as they entered the same way (sudden without much explanation) and ends as if showing they are still somewhere and continuing on with their lives.
Old 2007-10-11, 11:53   Link #314
ReinhartX

i dunno where to post this

but some1 recently make a lucky dance op FINAL FANTASY VI STYLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuhicQEYHIg
Old 2007-10-11, 13:20   Link #315
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
i dunno where to post this

but some1 recently make a lucky dance op FINAL FANTASY VI STYLE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuhicQEYHIg
I think that would fit the Music Video topic...

But OMG! Awesomely done!
Old 2007-10-11, 15:55   Link #316
FatPianoBoy
Dansa med oss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisDarkerXIV View Post

Which is why we need OVA's, which KyoAni would be silly not to provide considering the popularity.
Old 2007-10-11, 17:34   Link #317
Ayu-ayu
a.k.a. Akari_House

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPianoBoy View Post
Which is why we need OVA's, which KyoAni would be silly not to provide considering the popularity.
...or a second season.

(MyAnimeList banner on hiatus until I bother to update my MyAnimeList status again...)
Old 2007-11-24, 19:24   Link #318
Curulan
クルラン

Send a message via ICQ to Curulan Send a message via AIM to Curulan Send a message via MSN to Curulan Send a message via Yahoo to Curulan Send a message via Skype™ to Curulan
I cried during part where they were practicing the cheerleader dance.

Call me crazy, but I found it very sentimental and satisfying that they decided to break the fourth wall and give the dance from the OP the full treatment it deserved.

(Gomen nasai for dredging up an old topic.)
Old 2007-11-24, 19:42   Link #319
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curulan View Post
I cried during part where they were practicing the cheerleader dance.

Call me crazy, but I found it very sentimental and satisfying that they decided to break the fourth wall and give the dance from the OP the full treatment it deserved.

(Gomen nasai for dredging up an old topic.)
No worries... as long as you have something nice to add.

Looking at my previous post in this topic however, I realized that maybe this ending is perfect. I had just rewatch Episode 24 again, and when the scene where they looked at the hallway and reminiscing about their previous high school years came... I realized it screamed "end". While I still kinda want to watch the aftermath of the actual performance after Shirashi's mobile phone rang... I thought it was a good end.

Of course, I have no objection toward an OVA. A S2 though... I doubt it'll happen.
Old 2007-11-24, 19:47   Link #320
WolfCoder
wolfen programmer

Send a message via AIM to WolfCoder Send a message via MSN to WolfCoder Send a message via Yahoo to WolfCoder
I thought the whole series was funny, but for some reason the final episode felt kind of lacking despite the whole rehearsal thing.
Closed Thread