AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 39 44.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 22 25.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.54%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 2.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.15%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.15%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.15%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.15%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 3.45%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-23, 05:38   Link #461
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Suggestion:7Arcs better announce its the end of the nanoha series to end our pain!
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 05:46   Link #462
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Adr, it's not as if StrikerS was the worst that happened. Yes, it was not as good as it could have been but I find StrikerS to be much more entertaining then Season 1. Why would you want it to end instead of saying 'learn from your mistakes and try again with a season 4'?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 05:47   Link #463
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Just...look, your pessimistic attitude, constant, might I add, is rather annoying. We've already seen the series has faults, and we have addressed them, and others have bashed them, but there's only so much bashing we can do. Can't we just let it rest? It has flaws, every series does- and even though some of said mistakes are rather obvious, there's no need to go on saying, "Oh, well they should end the series just to end our pain".

I have watched the entirety of StrikerS, and, yes, I have noticed problems in areas, plot, animation, etc, but I didn't care- I watched it because I enjoyed it. You might think I'm sounding sappy, but I'm not one to bash stuff- I watch it because I'm a steadfast fan of the series, and, even though StrikerS does pale in aspects to its earlier counterparts, it's enjoyable for me.

Evidently, the Nanoha fan base hasn't waned, otherwise the show would've been canceled or so- if they make a season 4, which, in my opinion, at least, is highly likely, they can address missed problems and duly make amends. Nothing can be perfect, and no series can fully live up to the expectations- faults will always be present.

I'm not trying to sound offensive, but is it really necessary to flame a series and constantly bring up its bad points? In almost every episode thread, the only posts you've made are further criticism when we've seen the flaws- do you think that it's that impossible for Seven Arcs to fix their faults, should another season of Nanoha arise?
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 06:20   Link #464
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Just venting some frustration.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 06:26   Link #465
BBM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Well at least the DVDs will have better animation.
BBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 06:44   Link #466
FRS
Lurker on the threshold
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: France
Age: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
...
- do you think that it's that impossible for Seven Arcs to fix their faults, should another season of Nanoha arise?
IMO that will depend on the producers attitude, if they say "more fan service, less plot", Seven Arcs will have no choice.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 07:14   Link #467
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Hmm.. what plot holes did they not cover up?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 07:40   Link #468
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Adr, it's not as if StrikerS was the worst that happened. Yes, it was not as good as it could have been but I find StrikerS to be much more entertaining then Season 1. Why would you want it to end instead of saying 'learn from your mistakes and try again with a season 4'?
Because it might end up worse then what we currently have?

As much as i like this series i think that it is being milked a bit too much. There is a reason why trilogies remain as three (Normally the plots becomes worse and worse as the writer(s) struggle to find something fresh to write about).

I would like to retain my previous epix impression of this series before strikerS :3
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 07:44   Link #469
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
To be on fair ground, no matter how I look at this, it really felt like this series was made with the structure of leaving S4 to be easily possible.

Main characters weaking AMF plot-devices? One-trick ponies cyborgs? Flesh-and-blood links to Alhazred that's never really went into much detail? Introduction of new, worldly factions and details that thus far had been mostly only background stuff with little heavy storyline influence? Lack of any Air Force/Navy/Church elites involvement? The non-epicness of StrikerS?

It screams "plot element restraint."

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM View Post
Well at least the DVDs will have better animation.
Doesn't make its storyboarding and visual direction any better, which really sucked in the last episodes, one reason clearly because of the battle's time-constraint, thus the need to shorten battles and ruin choreography.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 07:56   Link #470
arkhangelsk
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Just...look, your pessimistic attitude, constant, might I add, is rather annoying.
With StrikerS, there's fun to be had with a pessimistic attitude. In fact, it may be the most fun thing left to do in the series.

Quote:
Evidently, the Nanoha fan base hasn't waned, otherwise the show would've been canceled or so-
Retaining enough popularity to not have been slashed off the TV programming directly and having enough popularity to risk a Season 4 are two different things.

Quote:
if they make a season 4, which, in my opinion, at least, is highly likely, they can address missed problems and duly make amends. Nothing can be perfect, and no series can fully live up to the expectations- faults will always be present.
Quite frankly, if I'm to assume that 7Arcs really gave their best in this series, I have to be on the pessimistic side.

Cut out NxF fanservice ... sure, they can do that. That's a very conscious decision and has little to do with their ability. Actually take more time to develop characters, sure.

However, I think they've written themselves into something of a corner. Probably the biggest mistake was to jump 10 full years. One of the hallmarks of good storytelling is character development, and in skipping 10 years of adolescence you kill a lot of possibilities in that arena.

The second biggest mistake was to move them so fully into the TSAB. As it turns out, the whole thing was too much for them. If they write a Season IV after Season III ... I just don't see them being able to handle it right. Mirificius and I will have many happy hours bashing the TSAB. It is somewhat fun but hardly what gives points to the show itself.

Quite frankly, their best chance for a season 4 is not to do anything big. Just do an OVA and fill it entirely with character development and light storytelling.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 07:59   Link #471
Dream_Traveller
Banned
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
I wasn't referring to you when I said "annoying", arkhangelsk, nor Mirificus, should he post here- that was directed at someone else. And I heed what you say here, and I also never "prohibited" bashing, as it were. Your comments on a possible S4 hold reason, too...perhaps an OVA is the best way to go about it.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 08:11   Link #472
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
Retaining enough popularity to not have been slashed off the TV programming directly and having enough popularity to risk a Season 4 are two different things.
Well, late-night slots aren't there to attract ratings to begin with unlike say, doroku slots or golden time slots. They're mainly advertisements for merchandises and DVDs.
Quote:
Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS 22,177 (2+) (Seven Arcs)
2007/07/25 22,609 Vol. 1 (Three episodes up to current volume)
2007/08/22 21,745 Vol. 2
If this keeps on a consistent 18k~22k basis, (( they mostly do, even if quality drops )), it's enough to sign 2 seasons, much less a S4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
However, I think they've written themselves into something of a corner. Probably the biggest mistake was to jump 10 full years. One of the hallmarks of good storytelling is character development, and in skipping 10 years of adolescence you kill a lot of possibilities in that arena.

The second biggest mistake was to move them so fully into the TSAB. As it turns out, the whole thing was too much for them. If they write a Season IV after Season III ... I just don't see them being able to handle it right. Mirificius and I will have many happy hours bashing the TSAB. It is somewhat fun but hardly what gives points to the show itself.
As for the first point, clearly they were going for new dimensions of character development for the Aces. Nanoha for her apparent 'one of the sky' character in a more soldier-like outlook, yet keeping touch with her gentle, yet sometimes hard-to-communicate with others aspect of her self. Didn't really go anywhere substantial to effect any drama on her part. Vivio's effect on her was more 'fluffy' than 'emotionally touching.'

Fate? Emotional insecurity and fear, most notably at her aspects of being a guardian, mother/sister-figure, and her connections to the children she hopes will have a better life, as partially addressed in SS02. Sadly, anime went with Great Mother Testarossa with her supreme maternal skills at 19 years old, and the last bit of her character development in 24 felt forced.

Hayate? Military tool? Inexperienced commander? Burden as a leader? Saint Church connections? FORGET ABOUT IT.

While 10 years is indeed a lot of wasted opportunity, they were pretty mature being 9 year olds to begin with. However, clearly what they were trying to aim for in their new aspects of character development, clearly failed to deliver, ending up making them feel stale and boring as characters in StrikerS.

As for the 2nd point, they're already restricting themselves even within TSAB-storytelling grounds by emphasising solely on Mid-childa and GF, since they can't really do a show if Nanoha's in the Air Force, Fate's in the Navy while Hayate alone is handling RF6, along with other things.

Though if I think about it, maybe Hayate alone as the main character for StrikerS as RF6's sole leader-figure would've been a much better idea...
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 08:30   Link #473
Tormenk
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Gaf's Room
Idea: S4 to take place in between the 10 year timeskip between A's and StrikerS.

Fill in Nanoha recovery story, Fate's anxiety on her side, Hayate and Knight scenes.
10 years is alot of time so it is possible to take their pick on whatever events they choose to develop. Perhaps develop the trio's friendship, which we have never seen much of and maybe even show events leading up to StrikerS. Besides, I doubt we have to worry about too many characters, as was the case in StrikerS.
__________________


"A life without change is akin to death."

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 08:55   Link #474
felix
sleepyhead
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: event horizon
13 eps of that would be sweat. I want to see Nanoha on missions as a rukie and some of the Midget missions.
__________________
felix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 09:30   Link #475
Estavali
絶対・慢心・ダメ・にゃのです!
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: In the Horizon
Age: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
13 eps of that would be sweat. I want to see Nanoha on missions as a rukie and some of the Midget missions.
The rumored and never-came-to-be Hayate OVA. She deserves that much after StrikerS.
__________________

Signature by liro
Estavali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 10:10   Link #476
BBM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
What I hope for the 4th season.

Setting: Mostly everyone back on earth on vacation.
Enemy: Precia and Alicia Testarossa with support from Al Hazard.
Episodes: 13



But an OVA about Hayate & Rein would also be nice.
BBM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 10:53   Link #477
Jimmy C
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tormenk
Idea: S4 to take place in between the 10 year timeskip between A's and StrikerS.
Never going to happen. They made the timeskip for a reason. Think, what is the greatest consequence of StrikerS' setting?
As a full-time working adult, Nanoha is no longer living with her parents, she's not even on the same planet anymore. That means they no longer need to show her parents and siblings.
While Nanoha fans love this series, Triangle Heart fans have been trying to remove this albatross from the neck of their franchise. Now that that's happened, I doubt we'll ever see any Nanoha series set before she moved out. And Sound Stages don't count.
Jimmy C is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 10:55   Link #478
Nemesis
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Sigh... jsut wish the writer wrote out erio and caro
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 10:58   Link #479
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBM View Post
What I hope for the 4th season.

Setting: Mostly everyone back on earth on vacation.
Enemy: Precia and Alicia Testarossa with support from Al Hazard.
Episodes: 13



But an OVA about Hayate & Rein would also be nice.
er no...too much cheese for my taste

dead villians should remain DEAD!

Im all up for the time skip thing but the chances are low :/ Duno about a 13 ep season but a couple of OVA should do the trick
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-23, 10:59   Link #480
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Age: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Never going to happen. They made the timeskip for a reason. Think, what is the greatest consequence of StrikerS' setting?
As a full-time working adult, Nanoha is no longer living with her parents, she's not even on the same planet anymore. That means they no longer need to show her parents and siblings.
While Nanoha fans love this series, Triangle Heart fans have been trying to remove this albatross from the neck of their franchise. Now that that's happened, I doubt we'll ever see any Nanoha series set before she moved out. And Sound Stages don't count.
I don't see why they could not. The Mai universe did a 300 year timeskip and is currently has an upcomming OVA that goes back a few years.

And why would Sound Stages and Manga (which also has features of the years between A's and StrikerS) don't count?
__________________
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.