AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-27, 13:41   Link #421
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyjellyfish
Thanks for the answers, you two. I just don't notice the little tiny details like that I guess the two characters were my own forgetfulness, though...

Question: Is the Pink Bear's existance actually explained in the anime, or is it only explained in the game. Is it even explained at all or did you guys simply come to the conclusion that it was a product of the Sakura tree?
It's not explained anywhere, but I know it because that on train advertisements and game posters, I saw Murasaki Izumiko everywhere before the PS2 D.C.P.S. game came out. And i know it is something special as she was one of the three added extra characters that was not in the original PC-game.
Old 2004-01-27, 16:31   Link #422
CelestiaLegends

Congradulations on your 100th post! omedeto gozaimasu!

Thanks for the info about the imports, and also thanks (too lazy to go back and check who said it, I'm on the writing screen :P) to to whoever posted snatchit.

now that da capo's over...*wonders what to watch*

oh what does "da capo" mean anyway?
Old 2004-01-27, 17:06   Link #423
Loki_Sama
I do as I please... _

Send a message via MSN to Loki_Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelestiaLegends
Congradulations on your 100th post! omedeto gozaimasu!

Thanks for the info about the imports, and also thanks (too lazy to go back and check who said it, I'm on the writing screen :P) to to whoever posted snatchit.

now that da capo's over...*wonders what to watch*

HAAA....... 100 POST? that person has a LOOOOOOOOOOOONG way to reach me
Old 2004-01-27, 18:16   Link #424
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Da Capo is a musical term that means "from the top" or "from the beginning". Asakura explains the significance of that term to the anime in the last episode, and it's actually quite interesting what he says.

Spoiler:

And, incidentally Loki_Sama, I'm not sure how to feel or what to say when someone mocks you for having less posts than they do! Should I be insulted, ashamed, or proud that I don't post as much?
Old 2004-01-27, 18:20   Link #425
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Da Capo is a musical term that means "from the top" or "from the beginning"...
It refers the musician to the top of the piece from farther along in the passage.

Last edited by babbito2k; 2004-01-27 at 18:23. Reason: bungled soemthing ^_^;;;
Old 2004-01-27, 18:35   Link #426
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
It refers the musician to the top of the piece from farther along in the passage.
Yeah, exactly - I should have made that more clear. If you're on page 2 of the music, and you see a D.C., you go back to the top of page 1 and start again from there. (Of course you only do that once, otherwise you could be repeating forever!) Some times there's also "Da Capo al fine", which means "From the beginning to the end" where the end is a clearly marked point in the music ("Fine"). I always thought that would be an interesting title for a Da Capo sequel or sidestory, but that might be a bit much! Who knew that I'd actually make use of all those years of piano and music theory!
Old 2004-01-27, 20:06   Link #427
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame
Da Capo is a musical term that means "from the top" or "from the beginning". Asakura explains the significance of that term to the anime in the last episode, and it's actually quite interesting what he says.

Spoiler:

And, incidentally Loki_Sama, I'm not sure how to feel or what to say when someone mocks you for having less posts than they do! Should I be insulted, ashamed, or proud that I don't post as much?
And also, one notable instance is Nemu's Bad Ending in the original PC game:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-01-27, 21:23   Link #428
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Wow, that is a bad ending. I certainly wouldn't want the wrong ending. I like Nemu too much. Hell, if I was part of the anime, I'd have dated her in the drop of a hat.
Old 2004-01-28, 01:36   Link #429
CelestiaLegends

wow I can't wait till I can play the games...I just have about half the hirogana left ot learn...all the katakana...get a good dictionary. Easy. *nods*

Kotori for me, but I guess thats a diffrent thread :P
Old 2004-01-28, 01:54   Link #430
Muir Woods
Disheartened and Retired

I have this thought that keeps haunting me:
I wonder what would happen if a brother and sister watched this anime together?

Shinku, light of my life, fire of my loins. My sin, my soul...
I am thinking of aurochs and angels, the secret of durable pigments, prophetic sonnets, the refuge of art. And this is the only immortality you and I may share, my Shinku.
Old 2004-01-28, 02:34   Link #431
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I have this thought that keeps haunting me:
Well your in luck recently my sister and I just watched ep26 of Da Capo together. It didn't feel awkward at all to watch it with her since she loves anime and especially Da Capo she was happy that we both have something we like in common. Now that shes into anime, me and my sis talk a lot more then before.

And besides Asakura and Nemu weren't actually blood related to begin with an so they were like best friends living together calling each other brother and sister. I have nothing against their relationship. If they love each other that much then why can't they be together.
Old 2004-01-28, 20:14   Link #432
CelestiaLegends

I'm really tempted to bring up the whole brother/sister thing up in my philosophy class :P
Old 2004-01-28, 20:21   Link #433
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
I'm really tempted to bring up the whole brother/sister thing up in my philosophy class :P
Oh your a teacher. I'm assuming your a college professor right. Anyways what does the brother/sister relationship have to do with philosophy.
Old 2004-01-28, 21:35   Link #434
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Hey, I'd be interested to see what comes of that. Let us know what happens. I think it would be interesting to sit in the class and just listen to the arguments.
Old 2004-01-29, 10:41   Link #435
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Hey, I'd be interested to see what comes of that. Let us know what happens. I think it would be interesting to sit in the class and just listen to the arguments.
Um... I think we tried that last month in this thread... and, well, umm.... it didn't turn out so well. (It was my fault for going overboard; I just love debating too much for my own good!) Actually, I thought it was still interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muir Woods
I think that my two sisters would like the anime. They'd probably be more "grossed out" by Sakura than Nemu, to be honest, given that they truly are related. As for Nemu...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keitarou20
And besides Asakura and Nemu weren't actually blood related to begin with an so they were like best friends living together calling each other brother and sister. I have nothing against their relationship. If they love each other that much then why can't they be together.
That's exactly how I feel, and I think my sisters would see it the same way, eventually at least. But it's hard to say. I'll have to convince them to watch it.
Old 2004-01-30, 02:51   Link #436
CelestiaLegends

whoa whooooaaaa *violent head shaking* I'm not a teacher! The class is just really open :P any student can bring up any topic he/she wants, he teachers happy with going waaayyy off topic if it's a good conversation :P so I just thought that might be a good idea. or the whole class would look at me wierd...but oh well =)
Old 2004-01-30, 03:19   Link #437
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
whoa whooooaaaa *violent head shaking* I'm not a teacher! The class is just really open :P any student can bring up any topic he/she wants, he teachers happy with going waaayyy off topic if it's a good conversation :P so I just thought that might be a good idea. or the whole class would look at me wierd...but oh well =)
lol my mistake. Well anyways, I think that topic would be a great discussion to have in any class subject. I agree with Lord Raiden, it'll be mighty interesting to just sit in and listen to what ppl have to say about it. I'm sure most ppl would be disgusted just thinking about it but hey its an interesting topic isn't it. Also you could throw in Da Capo's Asakura & Nemu's relationship just for kicks. I say go for and let us know what happens.
Old 2004-02-04, 05:41   Link #438
WeeJie354
D.N.Angel FoReVeR

WhY No one Post Reply liao? Isit the Series End and this topic Ends??...

Any new news about the Anime?
Old 2004-02-04, 06:01   Link #439
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJie354
WhY No one Post Reply liao? Isit the Series End and this topic Ends??...

Any new news about the Anime?
Gee I thought the last one leaving had already turned off the lights... but if you are looking for something on this show I will chime in with this:

I have a feeling that this show will not stand the test of time. There wasn't enough story even to fill the 22-minute episodes; girls who eat bananas, even if they are mechanical, will not be a big trend or start a new fetish. Onegai Twins got more of the incest market I think (I can't believe I am writing this @_@). There are better game-based series. I just can't think of anything that would set it apart say 5 years from now.

Of course this is too early to write this, and now that the thread has bobbed up to the surface again people will see what I have written here and...
Old 2004-02-04, 11:12   Link #440
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by babbito2k
Gee I thought the last one leaving had already turned off the lights... but if you are looking for something on this show I will chime in with this:

I have a feeling that this show will not stand the test of time. There wasn't enough story even to fill the 22-minute episodes; girls who eat bananas, even if they are mechanical, will not be a big trend or start a new fetish. Onegai Twins got more of the incest market I think (I can't believe I am writing this @_@). There are better game-based series. I just can't think of anything that would set it apart say 5 years from now.

Of course this is too early to write this, and now that the thread has bobbed up to the surface again people will see what I have written here and...

Maybe with the 'expanded' DCDaCapo PS?, it'll grab the attention of gamers again.

I really liked how the game has the recall function for the non-H scenes as well as the H-scenes. (I wish KGNE had that..)

Now the only thing I need is somewhere where I can find a complete translation of the game's plot. =P

OK... N E WayZ... back on topic

Regarding the series, it did seem a little too long for a 'relatively' simple storyline.

Unfortunately, due to the fact that OT finished much earlier than DC, DC does seem to be a reused storyline.

I wish they used another storyline, maybe with Kotori or Moe-chan instead... but oh well. Or even if they put two storylines into the story... and somehow created a transition.

(something along the lines of Nemu dies, and then Junnichi moves on with someone else.... hmm.... but Nemu dying's sad though...

OMG... what am I saying... I'm going crazy again...)

Just out of curiousity, does anyone know where I can find the complete Sakura Saku Mirai Koi Yume?

(sorry for asking again if it's been asked before... but my brain's really in low gear lately...)
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, magic, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs