AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

View Poll Results: What Grade will you give for Da Capo??
4-5 Star (Heart warming, Breath Taking) 63 51.22%
3-4 Star (Great!!) 29 23.58%
2-3 Star (Some flaws Detected) 22 17.89%
1-2 Star (Not interested...) 4 3.25%
This is one damn lousy series 5 4.07%
Voters: 123. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2003-11-30, 23:18   Link #121
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy-()ne
What is with the pink teddy bear?
Advertisement for D.C.P.S. (Da Capo Plus Situation), the new D.C. for the PS2. It is basically the original eroge- version of D.C., minus the sex scenes, with added characters. D.C.P.S. was released in October while D.C. anime is on the air.

The pink teddy bear is actually one of the added characters for D.C.P.S.: Murasaki Izumiko

http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/common/dcps/

Murasaki Izumiko is basically "a very cute girl to everyone else except Junichi...he sees her as a big pink teddy bear"
Old 2003-11-30, 23:35   Link #122
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
She'd kill me if it had more than that.
Talking about whipped.
I'm like a rubics cube. The more you play with me the harder I get.
Sex... Ask for more.
Ah yes, the often ignored eleventh commandment:
"Thou shalt not clubbeth the pooh out of cute baby seals"
Old 2003-12-01, 00:02   Link #123
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Advertisement for D.C.P.S. (Da Capo Plus Situation), the new D.C. for the PS2. It is basically the original eroge- version of D.C., minus the sex scenes, with added characters. D.C.P.S. was released in October while D.C. anime is on the air.

The pink teddy bear is actually one of the added characters for D.C.P.S.: Murasaki Izumiko

http://circus.nandemo.gr.jp/common/dcps/

Murasaki Izumiko is basically "a very cute girl to everyone else except Junichi...he sees her as a big pink teddy bear"
Ooo cool! I've gotta get this game

Looks like they added in around 4(?) new characters.

Too bad they didn't wait for the PS2 version to come out before making the anime so they could add the new characters in, though I guess it'll be hard giving each character decent screen time with that many characters.
Old 2003-12-01, 00:16   Link #124
corp20
Internet God

Question

Okay I heard a lot about this game..... but I don't know what it is. Can someone nice tell what its like?
Sex... Ask for more.
Old 2003-12-01, 00:21   Link #125
Esoteria
The End of Optimism

To whomever asked me if my uber-spoiler was true or speculation, the image that was posted shortly after my post should clarify its accuracy.

Spoiler:

Thanks for the compliments on my posts, btw, guys. And I'm glad I got my point across about H-games at least somewhat. Although I do have moral issues with premarital sex, that is not my main reason for disliking the genre. As I said, I think it just takes away from the beauty of the female characters... and one's ability to imagine them how they would like to once the game is over. I CRAVE the PS2 version of the game... you have no idea... CRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE. But I have no PS2 and I cannot read Japanese yet (JAPN 102 next semester... still a long way to go).

I did actually know about the pink teddy bear thing... which is quite amusing IMO. From what I gather about the game from hearing all this stuff about it on whatever other forum's D.C. thread I spent like an hour reading through, the game doesn't try to force you into thinking "You...are...Junichi..." "This...girl...likes...YOU...." Which is good, IMO, because you end up making that attachment anyway and entering your name in an allowable space of ten characters does not contribute to that anyway. =D For those who would condemn my disliking H-games by saying I wouldn't know because I've never played one, I have played Jast's True Love. It's a respectable game. Statistic-based, so hardly realistic, but respectable... until the hentai picks up. Chemi was just starting to become a very likable character to me when I hit the beach scene with Chemi and although they did no poor job of making the fact that she wanted to have sex seem fairly realistic, it happened, and my relationship with her abruptly ended before I got to the end of the game, chose to "go steady" with her (which made me want to vomit to think that I would have sex with some girl and THEN decide to date her... much less marry. You heard me. I'm not a sex-crazed maniac. I am not your average guy.), and got more hentai. *sigh* So I figured "well, it is an H-game, but I hear there often is a way in these games to avoid having sex and still have a relationship. Maybe not a successful one, but a relationship." (this was a long time ago, before I realized just how superficial most H-games are) So I start going for Mayumi. We have dinner. We go on the spinny thing at the carnival where she gets all emotionally stressed. We come back. Pass the love hotel................. She asks if we should go in. Of course I said no! Well, what kind of girl wouldn't fall in love with me for life on the spot after refusing to have sex with her in such a state!? Well, there went the relationship. *sound of bomb dropping...* no sex apparently equals *bomb explodes* to the relationship. See now, a game based on "meet girl, have sex, get good ending" just doesn't seem quite realistic to me. Therefore, I have trouble attaching myself to these characters. If I can't attach myself to the characters, I can't enjoy the game. H-games are disappointing. I don't play them.

Wow... I so didn't expect to just type that little story.
Back to the subject.

Spoiler:

Okay, I think I'm over it.

Spoiler:

Alright, I'm done. Now, does anyone know of any good [narrows down to 12%] non-H [5%] dating sims that are in English[1%]? ...how about for free[without piracy, 0.004%]?
Well, I would be willing to buy it... so... anything?
Old 2003-12-01, 00:28   Link #126
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
Okay I heard a lot about this game..... but I don't know what it is. Can someone nice tell what its like?
It's originally an ero-game (or as Americans would like to call it, "hentai game") released by the softhouse Circus in 2002. Quite possibly one of the best eroge- for 2002 (depends on who you talk to), it is a 純愛系エロゲー in which you portray the role of Asakura Junichi, and fall in love with one of the five (six) girls.

Wow, that couldn't have been any more simpler...

The anime basically follows the eroge- storyline (mostly, overall).
Old 2003-12-01, 00:34   Link #127
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
It's originally an ero-game (or as Americans would like to call it, "hentai game") released by the softhouse Circus in 2002. Quite possibly one of the best eroge- for 2002 (depends on who you talk to), it is a 純愛系エロゲー in which you portray the role of Asakura Junichi, and fall in love with one of the five (six) girls.

Wow, that couldn't have been any more simpler...

The anime basically follows the eroge- storyline (mostly, overall).
Thank you kj for telling me.
So is the game any fun?
Sex... Ask for more.
Old 2003-12-01, 01:33   Link #128
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

A majority of great bishoujo games started out as a hentai sim, ie: Kanon, Air, Comic Party, To Heart, Mizuiro, Da Capo, etc.

The sex scenes in those games aren't really needed, they are just thrown in to appeal to h-fans, and even then, the scenes are usually really short.

If they get popular enough, they get ported over to a console and have the h-scenes removed, and is usually followed by an anime.

For those games, the strong part is the storyline/characters, rather than just playing it for the h-scenes.

The downside to the game -> anime conversion is because the games usually have the player focusing on one girl's storyline, during the conversion to anime, most of the girl's storyline's gets shafted in favor of the 'best ending girl', thus usually most of the events in the game are edited/cut out.

Strong examples are Kanon, Comic Party, To Heart, and Mizuiro. Most of the storylines from the game are cut out. Mizuiro has a truely beautiful storyline. The two episode series didn't do it justice :P
Old 2003-12-01, 01:38   Link #129
corp20
Internet God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Village Idiot
A majority of great bishoujo games started out as a hentai sim, ie: Kanon, Air, Comic Party, To Heart, Mizuiro, Da Capo, etc.

The sex scenes in those games aren't really needed, they are just thrown in to appeal to h-fans, and even then, the scenes are usually really short.

If they get popular enough, they get ported over to a console and have the h-scenes removed, and is usually followed by an anime.

For those games, the strong part is the storyline/characters, rather than just playing it for the h-scenes.

The downside to the game -> anime conversion is because the games usually have the player focusing on one girl's storyline, during the conversion to anime, most of the girl's storyline's gets shafted in favor of the 'best ending girl', thus usually most of the events in the game are edited/cut out.

Strong examples are Kanon, Comic Party, To Heart, and Mizuiro. Most of the storylines from the game are cut out. Mizuiro has a truely beautiful storyline. The two episode series didn't do it justice :P
Oh.... okay thanks for the explaination. The sound like interesting games. Too bad they don't bring them to the US.
Sex... Ask for more.
Old 2003-12-01, 01:47   Link #130
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

I think if dating sims like D.C, KgNE, and Kanon were ported over to the US market I know a lot of ppl who would buy it, know I would. I think at least one company should take a chance to import and translate one of those games mentioned above to the US market you never know it might be a hit. Or has this been done before and failed. If the US companies are worried about the sex scenes they could always edit them out I don't see what the big problem is.
Old 2003-12-01, 01:48   Link #131
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by corp20
Oh.... okay thanks for the explaination. The sound like interesting games. Too bad they don't bring them to the US.
Actually, they do.

PeachPrincess and G-Collections translate and bring over bishoujo games.

Unfortuantely, a majority of the games they bring over are the 'sex sex sex sex' type bishoujo games.

There are exceptions though, like Kana, Private Nurse, Seasons of the Sakura (play this game. one of the best bishoujo games made), and Crescendo. Excellent games.

Unfortuantely we may never see games like Kanon, To Heart, etc here, since the companies that created these games isn't interested in bring them over due to poor market.

This is when fan-translation comes in. Someone is already working on a Kanon English Translation Patch for the games, it's about 25% done at the moment.

Unfortuately it's going to take at the very least another year to fully translate Kanon. The game had more text than a half-dozen scripts of 'Romeo and Juliet' 0_o

But, this may change.

Some game companies are taking a chance and translating bishoujo games, like the Sakura Taisen series (Working Designs).

If Sakura Taisen gets popular enough, maybe, just maybe, we'll see more bishoujo games translated here.
Old 2003-12-01, 03:06   Link #132
corp20
Internet God

I'm happy to heat that.
Sex... Ask for more.
Old 2003-12-01, 03:46   Link #133
kj1980
kaii~...kana? kana?

Quote:
Seasons of the Sakura (play this game. one of the best bishoujo games made)
Wasn't that "Sakura no Kisetsu?" That's the one where they threw in a bunch of characters from Evangelion, Rayearth, and Saint Tail wasn't it? Wow, brings back so many memories...it was a big thing in Japan. Everyone was wondering when that softhouse was going to get busted for infringing on copyrights ^^;
Old 2003-12-01, 15:05   Link #134
brightman
Ancient Member

OK... I watched Ep 22....

As expected, NO MORE SIDE STORIES...

And as for the episode
Spoiler:

Seems like the trend will continue until all the girls are covered.
Old 2003-12-01, 17:09   Link #135
Esoteria
The End of Optimism

I had thought Seasons of Sakura was hentai. At any rate I have trouble installing the version I picked up from K++. If I had a version of Windows based on the FAT32 file system I might have more of a prayer. As it stands I don't feel like reformatting any of my hard drives to FAT32 since they're all too big to sacrifice the performance that such a change would make.

Again, if anyone knows a good way to access some of these games, I'd love to try them out.
Old 2003-12-01, 17:21   Link #136
Esoteria
The End of Optimism

Just realized I could've edited my last post instead of making this new one. Oh well.

Was Kimi ga Nozomu Eien originally a hentai game or just a non-H dating sim?

All of these games make me want to learn Japanese much faster.
Old 2003-12-01, 18:06   Link #137
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
I had thought Seasons of Sakura was hentai. At any rate I have trouble installing the version I picked up from K++. If I had a version of Windows based on the FAT32 file system I might have more of a prayer. As it stands I don't feel like reformatting any of my hard drives to FAT32 since they're all too big to sacrifice the performance that such a change would make.

Again, if anyone knows a good way to access some of these games, I'd love to try them out.
I think you downloaded the 14 meg or so version. That version of Seasons of the Sakura is a DOS only game and doesn't work with WinXP.

JAST-USA re-released Seasons of the Sakura along with several other DOS only games in a 'JAST Memorial Pack' with enhanced sound that can run in WinXP

Quote:
Just realized I could've edited my last post instead of making this new one. Oh well.

Was Kimi ga Nozomu Eien originally a hentai game or just a non-H dating sim?

All of these games make me want to learn Japanese much faster.
It's a definitely a hentai-sim...ton of h-scenes in the game, though the story is much, MUCH better than an average hentai game.

Quote:
Seems like the trend will continue until all the girls are covered.
Ya, and if the anime is going to continue like the game, the only characters left to resolve are:

Spoiler:

Da Capo is probably the most well done bishoujo game -> anime conversion I've ever seen. So far, almost the entire game has been covered. (the anime version of Kanon only had around 20% of the game, and To Heart had less than 10%).
Old 2003-12-01, 21:44   Link #138
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Da Capo is probably the most well done bishoujo game -> anime conversion I've ever seen. So far, almost the entire game has been covered. (the anime version of Kanon only had around 20% of the game, and To Heart had less than 10%).
Maybe that's because Da Capo is a 26 episode series while Kanon and To Heart are both 13 episodes?
Old 2003-12-01, 21:56   Link #139
Village Idiot
Fate/ Stay Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
Maybe that's because Da Capo is a 26 episode series while Kanon and To Heart are both 13 episodes?
Ya thats a good reason

They should have made Kanon and To Heart a 26 episode series instead and add in more of each girl's storylines.

The Kanon game must be played. It's a million times sadder than the anime
Old 2003-12-01, 23:17   Link #140
Doddler

Send a message via ICQ to Doddler Send a message via MSN to Doddler
Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
haha..yes I have gotten through that post..interesting uber spoiler...also if AG3 and Doddler (fellow members)find out about your opinion of h-games, they will definitely come flying for some conversion post and believe me they are very convincing..great post overall
*Sniff* I'm touched :P

Unfortunately, I'm a bit late, it seems this has already been discussed. Otherwise I would have done another conversion rant ^_^

I'll have to keep a better eye out for this kind of stuff

Doddler
Closed Thread

Tags
bishoujo, circus, drama, kemonomimi, magic, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs