AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-24, 02:58   Link #241
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Has this information been posted yet?

Just in, yet ANOTHER youth-slashing-father-with-axe incident happened in Japan today.
A 15 year old boy assaulted his father with an axe to murder him, but was unsucessful in his crime. He was arrested, and the father was taken to hospital.

This just happened in Nagasaki.
http://www.asahi.com/national/update...709240002.html

I seriously hope this doesn't affect Higurashi or any other shows, but the timing of this news is worst imaginable.
You've gotta be shitting me...
Old 2007-09-24, 03:04   Link #242
Mappy
Eat This!

Wow. Look what all of that irresponsible media reporting of the earlier killing has lead to. I fully expect all news and current affairs shows to be replaced by scenes of yacht cruises set to pretty music and documentaries on the kitchens of the QM2.

It's my reaction and I'm sticking to it.
Old 2007-09-24, 03:09   Link #243
joshualimm

Dammit,... I was waiting for eps 12 this entire week, and now it's cancelled? Seriously, if only I could make a really insensitive joke, it would be:
Spoiler for VERY tasteless joke:

But then again, I guess I can see why the show is cancelled. Some girl killed her dad with an axe, and a 23-cm-something thingy was mentioned (in the youtube clip)... I don't think it's because of the episode itself, or any connections to the show. However, I'm pretty sure there're a bunch of people in the country who're shaken by the incident, and therefore, any shows that HINTS violence could easily make things spiral out of control (Be it copycats or complaints from parents who are pushed over their edges). Seriously, showing any show that is or used to be associated with violence at the moment would be very VERY tasteless.

In addition, I can see the media's desire to associate the incident with Higurashi. Sure, Higurashi isn't about a girl going about killing people (yeah, we're talking about girlS and a boy with a bat... oh wait, i think it's mostly about friendship and trust and busting mysteries), but it does contain a scene that is remarkably similiar, and they were merely pointing it out (though albeit strongly).

I just hope that higurashi won't get cancelled. Hopefully, those who were affected by the incident will be rational enough to NOT start pointing fingers just to find someone/something to put the blame on. And if they DO, I hope there won't be many directed to the series.
Old 2007-09-24, 03:09   Link #244
MarthX

They just need to put a ban on axes. No more selling them.
Old 2007-09-24, 03:19   Link #245
Mappy
Eat This!

Oh come on.... If they stop selling axes then the news will have nothing to report. Killings will stop immediately and people with murderous intent will stand around looking dazed and confused, unable to complete the task. Peace will reign over a somewhat impotent humanity.

Sorry, I'm not taking this very seriously.

It was almost as if this event was timed perfectly to plunge this thread into a pit of despairing darkness.... But that's just the paranoid sadfan in me. In all open likelihood, nothing may happen at all and Higurashi will continue.

Just don't quote me on that when everything falls apart, again.
Old 2007-09-24, 03:22   Link #246
MarthX

I was really hopeful but now I very much doubt we will see it today. AT-X is probably our only hope now and that chance has been reduced significantly. At least it done by a boy this time and it was unsuccessful.

If there's an axe-like scene in 12, can't they just it it and show the rest of it?
Old 2007-09-24, 03:36   Link #247
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

Two things to add:

1. No Higurashi and no School Days make jiffy something something.

2. Urge to kill...rising.

:]
Old 2007-09-24, 03:54   Link #248
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
I was really hopeful but now I very much doubt we will see it today. AT-X is probably our only hope now and that chance has been reduced significantly. At least it done by a boy this time and it was unsuccessful.
I doubt it'll matter much, I have a feeling the second incident will be the nail in the coffin. I wouldn't be surprised if Higurashi becomes indefinitely delayed because of this fiasco.
Old 2007-09-24, 03:56   Link #249
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJiffy View Post
2. Urge to kill...rising.
I think this is going to cause more deaths than Higurashi and School Days ever could...
Old 2007-09-24, 04:08   Link #250
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y View Post
I doubt it'll matter much, I have a feeling the second incident will be the nail in the coffin. I wouldn't be surprised if Higurashi becomes indefinitely delayed because of this fiasco.
Do you think they'll continue with the DVDs? I'd hate to see Higurashi shortened in any way because of this. I don't want to see Matsuribayashi squeezed into an OVA or something.
Old 2007-09-24, 04:24   Link #251
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I'm sure they would resort to DVD's if the show really gets cancelled (but I really hope not).

Everyone seems to be at level 4/5 these days. I don't see why media won't try to take advantage of anything under the sun that could relate to anything.
Old 2007-09-24, 06:56   Link #252
NH1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rena Ryuuguu View Post
i dunno is it ok to post this video in this thread? kana kana?
if not gomen nasai
Spoiler:

btw- hai NICE BOAT AND NICE COOK XD
this Story with this Ax Murderer sucks so much....
and if this girl have try to copied rena she did it wrong!
coz rena killed a man she donít really knows and hated them. and she protect her father with this, but this girl killed her own father , thats so horrible and after she sayd she hate her father isnít it a Excuse for this!!but holy sh... they can't show us an COOK SHOW!! i mean thats sooooooooo violence we can see so many knifes in it XDDDDDDDDDD
Even without understanding japanese, it looks a pretty petty trash-TV talk show. How is it possible such a bunch of dummies could frighten a TV network ?
By the way, nice house.
Old 2007-09-24, 06:57   Link #253
CJL13
God of his own ego

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
Maybe he heard the news of the first incident and then tried to copy it somehow.

I remember reading somewhere that copycats like this sometimes appear after the media gives a lot of coverage to certain cases.
Oh please. That could never happen, it's CLEARLY some fictionus material's fault. {end sarcasm}
Old 2007-09-24, 07:09   Link #254
herculysse

As a Japanese,
Sorry... I must apologise for you all,
but I've got no words to excuse...(shakin ma head)

As a fun,
Aaarrrggghhh!
Gimme back my Higurashi!! X(

As a optimist,
Please wait! Ep12 will be on air! ¶D

>kj
あんがと~! 英語頑張ってみたよ~。
Old 2007-09-24, 10:24   Link #255
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Omg, another incident -_____- now I'm iffy about if this show is every going to air again (same with school days).
Seriously, why are all these people crazy about axes?
Old 2007-09-24, 10:58   Link #256
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Can't they be like Keiichi and use Bats
Old 2007-09-24, 11:09   Link #257
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Maybe he heard the news of the first incident and then tried to copy it somehow.

I remember reading somewhere that copycats like this sometimes appear after the media gives a lot of coverage to certain cases.
What the hell are you doing? Trying to explain things logically? Just jump on the anti-violent entertainment bandwagon! [/sarcasm]

Of course the logical and way more likely inspiration for the second idiot who tried to settle a score with an axe is that he got hint from the news but that would hardly stop the media "experts" to claim it was something else.

Quote:
Seriously, showing any show that is or used to be associated with violence at the moment would be very VERY tasteless.
Give me a break, thousands of people die every day. Why don't we stop showing in any kind of death in movies too because it might sadden the relatives of the dead? That's crazy. If one doesn't want to watch violence for whatever reason then he doesn't have to, period.

That said, if they had stopped ALL violent shows, at least this would be somewhat logical (albeit ridiculously exaggerrated) reaction. Did they? No, the chose the easiest targets. What does that tell us? That these people don't care one bit about sensitivity, they just want to look good in the eyes of the average Japanese citizen.

Old 2007-09-24, 11:33   Link #258
MarthX

12 is AIRING!
Old 2007-09-24, 11:37   Link #259
Serenity85
Horo-ism

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
12 is AIRING!
What really? Some station isn't going to shaft us? Really, no joke? When will it air?

Gets all excited (remembers hope can be shattered)

But really, is this for real?
Old 2007-09-24, 11:38   Link #260
MarthX

No joke.

http://nov.2chan.net/24/res/1871190.htm
Closed Thread