AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-21, 17:52   Link #141
MarthX

What bugs me the most is the actual episode they keep delaying doesn't contain anything similar to the crime. Every time they point out the similarities, it's Tsumihoroboshi-hen (episode 23 of the first season). Did they even bother to watch the episode before deciding? Apparently not since they keep believing the content will upset viewers.
Old 2007-09-21, 18:02   Link #142
Greenē
It's Magic

I take it things escalated within the media. Oh, and worst of all, that YouTube clip of what appears to have discussed the Higurashi & murder connection just went MIA. For related on the video, see http://atogofundake.wordpress.com/2007/09/21/nice-food/.

At this pace, before you know it, the next MSM media headlines will read as:

"Japanese news media outlets attempt to sabotage overall animation industry in effort to shape new broadcasting standard."

Hell, it's not even about the murder anymore...
Old 2007-09-21, 18:11   Link #143
kingsky123
Higurashi fan.

Aww Come On And I Had Suceeded In Not Coming To This Website For A Week So I Dont Have To Come Here Every Five Minutes To See Whether Are The Subs Out . Now Its Not Airing ? Wtf?

so what happens to the show now ? they totally skip one episode and go on to 13? 0_o?? i mean if the other tv stations dont air it also

poor ryukishi... he made this wonderful story. didnt one of his commentaries like tell those readers to seek help if your not happy or something and not commit murder ?
Old 2007-09-21, 18:31   Link #144
The Creator
Beatrice's Follower

What a huge load of fuck.

I hate when a crazy teen becomes a cereal killer and the media stars to blame anime, manga, comics, music, video games, movies, tv and all kinds of worthless shits to explain why the teen became a murderer.

IT'S ALL THE PARENTS FAULT, HOW THE HELL A 16 YEAR OLD GIRL GOT AN AXE?!?!

Damn, after seeing chapter 11 i was like SO waiting for saturday, and they come with this shit.

>_<

Sorry if someones get offended by my post, i'm pretty agenred by this.
Old 2007-09-21, 18:39   Link #145
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

They are cancelling the airing of the episode because of "possible discomfort for the audience"? Are they living in an alternate reality or they are just a bunch of retarded cowards? What a lame excuse! Why not ban every movie with a hint of voilence, too? As a viewer I am actually insulted by such statements, they make it sound as if I can't distinguish between reality and fiction. Hello - whoever is disturbed by violent anime shouldn't watch it in the first place, it's as simple as that. Each and every show might possibly cause discomfort to someone, do we stop all the shows then? No, we actually move our heads away from our collective ass, smell the coffee and realise no one is forced to watch Higurashi or anything that might cause him even the slightest discomfort. This situation would have been hilariously stupid, if it was not also tragically nonsensical.

Old 2007-09-21, 18:42   Link #146
MarthX

Makes me wish I was fluent in Japanese so I could write a compliant e-mail.
Old 2007-09-21, 18:44   Link #147
TougeSil80
I have enough, I'm gone.

The media do things like this all the time, like after Katrina no one wants to air anything that has to do with hurricane. Oh well, does anyone know when the R2 DVDs will come out? Thanks.
Old 2007-09-21, 18:46   Link #148
GyroidFanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TougeSil80 View Post
The media do things like this all the time, like after Katrina no one wants to air anything that has to do with hurricane.
Didn't stop 4Kids from airing the two Perfect Chaos episodes of Sonic X right before and after. (For those who haven't seen it, a giant water god floods the city.)
Old 2007-09-21, 19:20   Link #149
Echoes

I don't understand the world. Or rather, I don't want to believe what I see to be true.

Everything has pretty much already been said. The whole thing doesn't make sense, let's just ban television and movies altogether while we're at it. Heck, that Dr Phil fills me with murderous rage every time I see his face, surely he should be removed from public television before I commit some heinous atrocity.

Games and entertainment are always to blame, apparently.
Old 2007-09-21, 19:25   Link #150
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
I don't understand the world. Or rather, I don't want to believe what I see to be true.

Everything has pretty much already been said. The whole thing doesn't make sense, let's just ban television and movies altogether while we're at it. Heck, that Dr Phil fills me with murderous rage every time I see his face, surely he should be removed from public television before I commit some heinous atrocity.

Games and entertainment are always to blame, apparently.
It's because humans don't know how to accept anything. We only know how to scapegoat and blame other things, especially if they're not within our own kind.
Old 2007-09-21, 19:36   Link #151
Mappy
Eat This!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX View Post
What bugs me the most is the actual episode they keep delaying doesn't contain anything similar to the crime. Every time they point out the similarities, it's Tsumihoroboshi-hen (episode 23 of the first season). Did they even bother to watch the episode before deciding? Apparently not since they keep believing the content will upset viewers.
I think I mentioned this before: we're so far beyond anything that could even relate to these events that the decision to do this is not helping their reputation at all. Well, not amongst those they'd patronisingly regard as the spooky fringe dwellers amongst their viewership, and therefore inherently ignorable (in their minds).

The sense of complete helplessness in the face of this, being so far removed from the country and even the ears of those responsible (if I even knew enough of the language to lodge a complaint) makes the wait to see what comes of this so much more painful.
Old 2007-09-21, 20:07   Link #152
chronotrig

I think it's great that so many people want to write complaints about the cancellation of a show they're watching illegally...
Old 2007-09-21, 20:11   Link #153
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Some of them actually do live in japan and also the dub got canceled
Old 2007-09-21, 20:17   Link #154
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Yeah the more I hear those lame excuses the higher the annoyance grows. Maybe they should ban stupid news broadcasts since that has to have driven someone to commit some violent act. They act like it's for the safety of the public when it's more them trying to get people to read their reports and make a spectacle. The studios are covering their rears so they don't get blamed for this stuff. It's even more annoying by how far they are missing things. Make it sound like the entire series is about Rena killing her father.

Let's ban sports some of those are violent, heck let's just ban everything except channels where you watch grass grow. The media is far more violent anyways then shows yet they seem to get by without complaint. Games, movies, all should be blamed. They have to accept people do violent things and pointing the finger at things like anime aren't going to solve the problems.

Gah it's so bloody annoying. We've reached a point in the series where things will start turning on Rika and now this crap. It's like Rika's gotten another level of punishment on her head. Sadly they don't care what I feel on this since I'm across the ocean.
Old 2007-09-21, 20:20   Link #155
raikage
日本語を食べません!

I wonder how many users here, were they placed in charge of a network, would choose to broadcast the ep.

Keep two things in mind:

- If you air the episode, and there are complaints, you will be fired.

- If you do not air the episode, you might see a few complaints in the mail, but there is no possibility you will be fired.

With that in mind, how many of us would choose to air the ep?
Old 2007-09-21, 20:23   Link #156
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

From the Higurashi web site

Auto-translated

Quote:
9/24 information broadcasting of change in broadcasting time
San television The broadcasting time broadcast on September 24 changes. It must be noted only to see on the San television by being.

9/24 (Monday) 26:10 - 26:25 -
Old 2007-09-21, 20:31   Link #157
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
If you air the episode, and there are complaints, you will be fired.
Depends on how many complaints there are, though. And as we all know being notorious is often preferred to being obscure in the world of media.

But I, and seemingly most posters here too, do not blame the TV stations that much (if at all), the problem is in the hypocritical, retarded, misinforming media outrage which puts the TV stations in a very bad position.

Old 2007-09-21, 20:35   Link #158
BakaOnna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
From the Higurashi web site

Auto-translated
Quote:
9/24 information broadcasting of change in broadcasting time
San television The broadcasting time broadcast on September 24 changes. It must be noted only to see on the San television by being.

9/24 (Monday) 26:10 - 26:25 -
In proper English, I'm guessing that means Sun is also preempting ep. 12?
Old 2007-09-21, 20:37   Link #159
sezen_atacan

Hmm will it air on weekends? This way at least it can be kept on schedule and finishing Minagoroshi-hen next week.

This suspense is tempting me to grab the Manga or Game. But is Minagoroshi-hen even translated for the Manga and Game?

Also, I heard that the Pokemon Seizure episode remained on air at the end but how long was that pulled off air for? I don't mean to watch it but knowing this can help me approximate future expectations.
Old 2007-09-21, 20:39   Link #160
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

There is no Minagoroshi-hen manga... yet