AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Zero no Tsukaima

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (second series) - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 51 26.56%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 19.79%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 15.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 10.94%
6 out of 10 : Average 20 10.42%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 11 5.73%
4 out of 10 : Poor 7 3.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 3.13%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.04%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 3.65%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-09-25, 12:57   Link #81
MarmoO

I was spoiled about novels, so I was expecting something really epic. It wasn't "that" bad of an episode, but such, really good material went to a waste bin... "Kono ero-inu!" made me cry ;_;.

Last edited by MarmoO; 2007-09-25 at 13:48.
Old 2007-09-25, 16:01   Link #82
Edel
Guardian Of The Dale

Send a message via MSN to Edel
I understand the users that says "this episode sucks because insn't like the novels" but the episode (with fillers) is very good, I like it a lot ^^
Old 2007-09-25, 16:07   Link #83
BakaOnna

Eh, the ending left such a bad taste in my mouth. The staff should've ended with Saito's death. Then not only would that get more people interested in the next season, it would also not have led to such a rushed ening. I mean, seriously, how many minutes had past when Louise sees Saito down the street, two? three? one? It really does make the Elf lady a duex ex machina.

Overall, the 2nd season was worse than the first. The pacing was atrocious.

Oh, and I got distracted every time it said 7 million in the subs. But then again, I shouldn't really be complaining since I don't know Japanese. It was 70,000 right?
Old 2007-09-25, 16:14   Link #84
Iknowwhatyou

What surprises me is the Gandalfer is God's left hand but still got beaten D:. From the looks of it, it looked like he took out about 50000 soldiers or more.
Old 2007-09-25, 16:33   Link #85
4as
ForUs

Send a message via MSN to 4as
And it is over!
Now let as hope the will make a remake like they did with Negima.
Old 2007-09-25, 16:43   Link #86
mist2123
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mist2123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknowwhatyou View Post
What surprises me is the Gandalfer is God's left hand but still got beaten D:. From the looks of it, it looked like he took out about 50000 soldiers or more.
Cuz their "God" is not really a "God" A 'god' who probably doesnt know anything about technology
Old 2007-09-25, 16:54   Link #87
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
I hadn't known what was coming, and damn, that came SO CLOSE to being EPIC. And then the last three minutes or so... Dear God.... I'd mark the episode a 10 if not for the last bit of it, so I'm goin' with a seven. One point deducted for each of the (estimated) minutes of crappiness at the end. X_X

...Not philosopical questions - Just what I have to remind myself every time I walk into a room..
Old 2007-09-25, 17:02   Link #88
Quakis

Send a message via MSN to Quakis
This series seemed to go by quicker than the previous one. And judging from what Darknemo2000 says about the anime and novel differences, I'd be pretty disappointed too. Overall I wasn't too pleased with this series. Infact, the anime has far too much emphasis on Saito's perverted nature, large breasts and a few fanservice scenes and not enough emphasis on plot and character development. The two series as a whole weren't bad but could have been a lot better in my opinion.
Old 2007-09-25, 17:11   Link #89
neutralizer
Hinagiku-ist

Send a message via AIM to neutralizer
I've only seen the anime and not the novel, but even so I was thoroughly disappointed. It was definitely rushed. I couldn't even tell what the hell Saito was fighting. It looked like he was just randomly attacking unlike is supposed to happen in the novel.

I'll give it points for being emotional and the awesome wedding version of "I SAY YES," but the comedic ending was not needed. It seemed like it was a reset to all the progress that Saito and Louise had made. I think I would have been happier that Zero no Tsukaima the anime ended when Saito died. It would have made it more dramatic and would have distinguished itself from the novel.
Old 2007-09-25, 17:29   Link #90
Vivioha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iknowwhatyou View Post
from what i saw at the official site, he just went into hell and clashed with 70,000 demons i have yet to watch the subs though.

Quote:
I couldn't even tell what the hell Saito was fighting.
didn't Derflinger answered that already? Saito asked what he is fighting for and Derflinger answered, "Isn't it for the one you love..blah..blah"

Quote:
the comedic ending was not needed. It seemed like it was a reset to all the progress that Saito and Louise had made.
agreed. I was getting all emo and then all of a sudden Saito pulls the Siesta=Tiffiana boobs it did made me go Lol but that doesn't mean i liked the Lol. In the end, Louise and Saito are back to start, makes me wonder what the first 11 episodes was about >.>

The only episode i liked was this one so i give it a 9/10 nonetheless. For Saito's heroism not to mention Tiffiana .
Old 2007-09-25, 17:31   Link #91
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Meh. It's all about the resets. Ep1 reset the things that happened in season 1, and ep 12 reset the things that happened in season 2.
Old 2007-09-25, 18:00   Link #92
Salamandra

I think this was a really good episode... but it should have ended without Saito saying that the fairy had big tits and then having the hugely overused angry-Louise routine. I think it would have been much better just ending with them lying on the grass.

There are some shows with romantic progression being way too quick (School Days, although that's really just sexual progression, it's the same type of thing), some being way too slow (Oh My Goddess)... but this is even worse than those in that respect. Progression is made, and then unmade in a matter of seconds... many times.
Old 2007-09-25, 18:24   Link #93
EnixEnigma
Neko Warrior

Second season has been a let down, its been too busy being ecchi and having Louise go through the scolding Saito scenes too often instead of actually building up the relationship between them it just gets taken back to square one.

The ending was such a let down, it wasn't even remotelyfunny in my opinion. Plus they never even had a ending kiss... i would have at least expected that.
Old 2007-09-25, 18:31   Link #94
Akida

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Excuse me guys but this is the most ludicrous final I've seen in a while: how in the hell did he survive to an army of seven millions? Even Guts of Berserk barely defeated an army of one hundred soldats!!! And we all know how much strong Guts is. The fairy explanation is just crappy: this fairy breasted girl comes out of nowhere and saves the day? Even resuscitating the dead?
And anyway, leaving aside how in the hell Saito survived, why did he save Tristain? I mean he killed plenty of guys, but it didn't look like he made a massacre... I mean he killed one or two hundred soldats, ok, but there were SEVEN MILLIONS SOLDATS there. How would such small death toll influence the general strength or speed of such a vast army?!?
Ah regarding the army numbers... in Medieval Age the armies were in the order of tens of thousands at most because you have to move them, coordinate them, feed them and other similiar things: heck even now moving one or two millions soldats is a huge logistical problems...
that's because he didn't

- They said "nana-man" (70,000) in the anime too; it's just your source of the anime must've interpreted it wrong
Old 2007-09-25, 18:32   Link #95
komichi

I too am appalled at what has happened... but all in all 9/10 for the fun at the end and now I want to hope for another season next July~
Old 2007-09-25, 18:42   Link #96
Dark Wing

I don't get what went wrong!? They had the whole story written for them yet they still manage to royally screw it all up.
Old 2007-09-25, 19:15   Link #97
Echoes

I thought this episode, and the series on a whole was great, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and that's all I'm asking. I care enough about the characters to like the show even though the ending was very rushed. Unless they make another season, the fairy explanation is just a deux ex machina, and I think this show deserves a better conclusion than that.

I'm still very satisfied with the series and I think all the touching moments in the episode were amazingly cute. I gave it a 9/10, though it seems most people are harder to please.

Just noticed something, I too had gotten the impression that it was 7 million, which seemed like an immense army for this time period, 70 000 seems much more plausible.
Old 2007-09-25, 19:20   Link #98
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Send a message via AIM to HayashiTakara
It was close to be a perfect ending to the second season, the last couple of minutes just pissed me off, why do they gotta do that sh*t ? >.<
Old 2007-09-25, 20:06   Link #99
deathreape98
Clannad Preacher

this gets a 9/10 because of 1 thing- the ending. it was a great ending.....until louise ended it by blowing him up. I will say that this encouraged me to keep the ZnT novels on my to buy list once i become fluent enough in japanese to read it...
Old 2007-09-25, 20:06   Link #100
04blckwrx

ok... sorta outa topic but, does anyone know the name of the trailer they showed? looks pretty kool
Closed Thread