AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 26 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 17.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-25, 22:02   Link #221
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Say whatever you want, but Nanoha and co. are professionals and 10 year soldier/police veterans. Even more for Nanoha and Fate since she's expected to train people and the other working in a variable work environment of different worlds. They don't shoot to kill unless absolutely necessary, and let's face it, has they ever reached the point of necessity even once in StrikerS?
My wish had came BEFORE I realized that things were going very far south from what I've expected. When episode 19-20 came out, I threw all hopes out the window.

You said it yourself, Canon hates me.

That point of necessity never came. Are you pleased with that? That it turned out like this? Do you wish that push did comes to shove?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
As for future hog-time, I'd rather that considering how much the old trio bores me right now with their half-assed character development, I'd rather see some fresh new upstart... if it'll ever start. And by extension, Lutecia getting isolation may be a good thing. If there's a S4, we don't have to see her.
EDIT:

You seriously think they're going to replace them? They're probably going to overuse the trios till they die single.


Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
I can understand you wanting them to die back when there is still some chance for their deaths to do some good. But it is Ep26 now, Chaos - if they hadn't died by now, there's no point in killing them in Ep26. If you killed them, you'd just have wasted scenes where they feel regret over it or something.
I meant during the last battle scene, not now.

Having it now would just be silly... Overreacting-Legion kind of silly.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 22:08   Link #222
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That point of necessity never came. Are you pleased with that? That it turned out like this? Do you wish that push did comes to shove?
No, in fact I hate it. Nanoha is not the TSAB show, so I don't give a damn how much Mid-childa is in a state of peril when the main characters themselves are winging things as they go.

It's not like I know Mid-childa beyond some forest, trees, abandoned DISTRICTS, some TSAB offices, a restaurant and a hotel anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
You seriously think they're going to replace them? They're probably going to let them die single.
No, but DON'T TRY to develop their characters next time. The biggest fault with Hayate's SHAFT in particular wasn't the actual shaft, but how much tease and hints and all that came about with her supposed character development, which WENT NOWHERE. Same to Fate and Nanoha. They tried to take several interesting steps and potential ideas, but ended up half-assed for reasons stated many times.
__________________
Night~and~Gale: ~ The Final Mythology of the Man who Defied Destiny.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 22:34   Link #223
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post

No, but DON'T TRY to develop their characters next time. The biggest fault with Hayate's SHAFT in particular wasn't the actual shaft, but how much tease and hints and all that came about with her supposed character development, which WENT NOWHERE. Same to Fate and Nanoha. They tried to take several interesting steps and potential ideas, but ended up half-assed for reasons stated many times.
Oh yeah! I would like to take this chance to rub it in the faces of paranoid people who thought that either Nanoha or Hayate or both were going to die this season

You know who you are...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 22:41   Link #224
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
A better question... How many people WANTED Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate to die? Given the overall low view I keep getting from other's of StrikerS I would highly doubt that not at least a few people here wished they died just so they wouldn't have to 'worry' about a S4.
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 22:41   Link #225
Ottocycle
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Age: 28
LOL ED1. That was some good times.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 22:45   Link #226
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
LOL ED1. That was some good times.
Yeah I remembered...

"Nanoha's goona lose her powers! Look! She's not in barrier Jacket!"




*Goes to dig out more insult comments from past threads..*

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
"OMG! Nanoha's putting on a red dress and using make-up! She's suicidal!!"
"But-"
"Don't you know?! That's how women say that they don't want to live anymore!!"
"Erm-"
"NOOOOOOO!!!"
"Sigh...."

~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~, ~,

"AHHH! Nanoha has to use the bathroom!"
"But she's human..."
"She's a HIGH LEVEL MAGE! They should be able to deal with those things!!!"
"..."

~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~, ~,

"OH SHI-! Nanoha fire one less projectile in that Accel Shooter!!"
"..."

~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~,~, ~,

"CRAP! Her divine buster last 10 seconds shorter than before!!!"
"..."
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 22:59   Link #227
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Hawaii
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
A better question... How many people WANTED Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate to die? Given the overall low view I keep getting from other's of StrikerS I would highly doubt that not at least a few people here wished they died just so they wouldn't have to 'worry' about a S4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Oh yeah! I would like to take this chance to rub it in the faces of paranoid people who thought that either Nanoha or Hayate or both were going to die this season

You know who you are...
ahahaha...heh,heh,, I admit, I was one of those people who went paranoid after viewing that manga chapter with a bleeding and close to death Nanoha in Vita's arms...

Looks like everything went well at the end...and Hayate didn't go suicidal to protect everyone because of the prophecy...and because she got shafted too much.

But yea, I was one of them, but I didn't know that there were a lot of people over reacting to the first ending.
__________________
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 23:00   Link #228
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
A better question... How many people WANTED Nanoha, Fate, and Hayate to die? Given the overall low view I keep getting from other's of StrikerS I would highly doubt that not at least a few people here wished they died just so they wouldn't have to 'worry' about a S4.
Before Ep26, No.

Afterwards, Yes x 68
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 23:02   Link #229
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
But yea, I was one of them, but I didn't know that there were a lot of people over reacting to the first ending.
I swear if I had more time and dig up the past, I'll find a common link between all those people...


After all, only a few people had shown signs of overreacting at the slightest hint... Let alone a full 1:30 min video
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 23:05   Link #230
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Here's the magic, they don't have to deserve it to die.

People die all the time, whether they deserve it or not. And people who do deserve it, could live long and healthy lives.

That is war... Or terrorism... Or revolution... Or rebellion... Or whatever you want to classify this as.
Well said.

What's magical is that none of them did die (let's put Due aside, who got 4 kills and went to sentokijin heaven). Or the good either (putting aside the two old men).
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 23:52   Link #231
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Well said.

What's magical is that none of them did die (let's put Due aside, who got 4 kills and went to sentokijin heaven). Or the good either (putting aside the two old men).
Speaking of which, I wonder if reviving Cyborgs any easier? I mean, if even their biological part is made from scratch...

For that matter, why are they keeping her in a tube?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-25, 23:58   Link #232
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers
 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Lording above all of humanity >;3
Age: 24
Maybe if someone wants to reactivate her? I imagine being mostly cyborgs a 'dead' Number could be repaired back to operational status if they aren't utterly annihilated? *shrug*
__________________
krisslanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:05   Link #233
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Maybe if someone wants to reactivate her? I imagine being mostly cyborgs a 'dead' Number could be repaired back to operational status if they aren't utterly annihilated? *shrug*

Another thing is that base on what I saw from Subaru, Ginga, Quattro and Cinque... A Cyborg can take quite a bit of punishment, I'm suspicious of how easy she went down.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:08   Link #234
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Speaking of which, I wonder if reviving Cyborgs any easier? I mean, if even their biological part is made from scratch...

For that matter, why are they keeping her in a tube?
Who?

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Maybe if someone wants to reactivate her? I imagine being mostly cyborgs a 'dead' Number could be repaired back to operational status if they aren't utterly annihilated? *shrug*
Too bad the only one who performs sentoukijin technology is Jail, and it seems (since I've yet to watch the episode) that he is imprisoned in some place left to rot for eternity......

Hahhhh... The MQ RAW came out... I'll need to gather up my courage and watch it tomorrow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Another thing is that base on what I saw from Subaru, Ginga, Quattro and Cinque... A Cyborg can take quite a bit of punishment, I'm suspicious of how easy she went down.
*shrug* I still feel it is too convenient (plot device?). Uber-attack from Nanoha that rips apart the ship leaves Quattro unconscious (with no real permanent loss except her dreams), but Zest who lost to Cinque ends up killing Due.
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:09   Link #235
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Meh, they are mostly going to put Due's body in safekeeping and by safekeeping I mean in a glass jar with an field to prevent her from assuming a disguise of another person and breaking out...
__________________
Old McDonald had a farm...Eyey Eyey O...And on his farm he had a Khzithak...Eyey Eyey O...With a ARHHFAHHAAAAAAAAARRRGIIIAAA HELP AAAUUU HELP! IT'S GNAWING OFF MY...
asaqe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:13   Link #236
Eclipze
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Singapore
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
*Goes to dig out more insult comments from past threads..*

EDIT:
Dude, you forgot: "ZOMG RAISING HEART AT ENDING = NANOHA LOSING POWAHS"

(yes, thats mine. )
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver
Somehow,after all of this,I think I had the same feeling when I was watching last episode of Mai-HiME for the first time.
Personally, it feels more like the Mai-Otome ending (or rather, the series as a whole).

Like Otome, StrikerS had way too many characters. It would've been fine if the Numbers were evil-to-the-core characters who dies in the end, but that didn't happen.

There was too many factions introduced at once: [Lulu + Zest], [Erio/Caro], [Subaru/Ginga/Tea], [Numbers+Jail] and [Jail+Vivio].

The LuZest faction might have worked well with just Erio+Caro. (Summoner story, Erio becoming a DK/Cario's partner, Ground forces' secret w/ Zest)

The SuGinTea faction might have worked well with Numbers+Jail (Cyborgs-focused storyline, Tea overcoming her inferiority complex)

The Jail+Vivio storyline would've been just another rehash of A's, but at least with a more definite direction (Developing Nanoha's motherly instincts, and *prepares anti FxN shield* relationship development between Nanoha and Yuuno -> NxY (becoming an official couple), Vivio becoming their adopted child. Fate + Hayate = shafted?)

Last but not least, they need a bigger budget, dammit. For a 2007 production, it surely looked pretty crappy most of the time. Definitely looked like the budget they had for N1/N2, but it wouldn't had been that much of a problem if it stuck with 13 episodes...
------------------------------
About N4?
It would be hard. The series is called Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ___

To keep the series fresh, they would either have to use the younger characters (Erio/Caro/Subaru/Tea/Ginga/Vivio/Numbers) or have a brand new set of finite characters, in a new setting altogether (new setting can just mean another dimension). The problem here is that Nanoha will have to make some kinda of rather significant appearance in the series, or else people like me would be asking, "Why is this show called MGLN when Nanoha plays no significant roles in it?"

Its just like Mai-Otome (I won't bother to spoil, but people who have watched it know what I mean). Or having a Naruto sequel without naruto. Or a new Inuyasha movie about every character in the series EXCEPT inuyasha himself. Thats a problem I see with most series with a main character's name in the title.

Unless they change it to Magical Girl Age-changing Vivio or something.
__________________
Eclipze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:14   Link #237
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Who?
From what I've heard, TSAB is keeping her in one of those lifepods...

(I think that's the right term...)


Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Too bad the only one who performs sentoukijin technology is Jail, and it seems (since I've yet to watch the episode) that he is imprisoned in some place left to rot for eternity......
Well, there is Subaru and Ginga's original Creator... Unless the TSAB dump him/her in prision as well... OR he/she bit the dust...



No matter, I have a better plan... OC thread stuff
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:14   Link #238
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Meh, they are mostly going to put Due's body in safekeeping and by safekeeping I mean in a glass jar with an field to prevent her from assuming a disguise of another person and breaking out...
*snort* Oh the fun...

Liar's Mask... Supposedly, it's supposed to be undetectable. Though if a body goes missing from a glass jar, anyone will notice.

*imagines*

Nanoha: *lines every TSAB employee* *shoots them all to be safe*

... *sweatdrop*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
From what I've heard, TSAB is keeping her in one of those lifepods...

(I think that's the right term...)
*shall check tomorrow*


Quote:
Well, there is Subaru and Ginga's original Creator... Unless the TSAB dump him/her in prision as well... OR he/she bit the dust...
I'm guessing he's gone. Otherwise, he would have caused an incident by now. If I was obsessed with such (interesting) research, I wouldn't be able to hold back...

Quote:
No matter, I have a better plan... OC thread stuff
What's OC anyways?
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:16   Link #239
Chaos2Frozen
The Evil Within
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The Moon that Wizard came from
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze View Post
Dude, you forgot: "ZOMG RAISING HEART AT ENDING = NANOHA LOSING POWAHS"

(yes, thats mine. )

It's all the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*snort* Oh the fun...

Liar's Mask... Supposedly, it's supposed to be undetectable. Though if a body goes missing from a glass jar, anyone will notice.

*imagines*

Nanoha: *lines every TSAB employee* *shoots them all to be safe*

... *sweatdrop*
Well, Due was also made to deceive TSAB bio scanners...

...Assuming she could fake her death...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-26, 00:20   Link #240
serenade_beta
マジ天使
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...Assuming she could fake her death...
Don't get my hopes up... *half-smile, half-grimace*
__________________

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.