AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 26 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 27 21.60%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 15.20%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 30 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 17.60%
6 out of 10 : Average 11 8.80%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.60%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.80%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.80%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 5.60%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-09-29, 21:17   Link #301
Enternal

Personally, they should really have at least shown Nanoha's family and friends again because seriously, we want to know how they are doing since it's 10 years now. Oh well, it's the series is already over so that's sad.

Hmm.. just in case someone who does not know about hot to vote on Saimoe, here it is:

http://omo.serenana.info/2007/08/24/...n-saimoe-2007/

And here is the English Saimoe with translated name and 2ch approved code. However, this page is not up to date but it should help with finding the name.

http://bakudon.net/saimoe/
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-29, 22:10   Link #302
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima_Rasengan05 View Post
Vita got direct damage to the body...basically, her chest, which would include vital organs like the heart or lungs. But this is anime, so I guess the director didn't want any hate mail from fans of Vita, so he decided to get rid of the "real life" factor in StrikerS.
We should actually be happy that Vita is actually a mazoku like existence (Will and Concept plus some Magical Energy). All the blood you saw was simulacra, and thus all the heart and lungs are fakes. That's the real reason she could even advance all the way to the reactor after being shafted.

But she was badly damaged. If Hayate hadn't come save her, in a few minutes, she would have been disappearing in a pool of reddish mana.
arkhangelsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-30, 05:11   Link #303
Flar

Quote:
Fate explained the differences between being a Striker and being an Ace back in episode 9. I forgot the meanings to both status labels...
Basically, an ace is a genius, while a striker is a confident, experienced veteran that newbies can look up to.

In other words, 7arcs needed the new cast to have a special title but couldn't make them as powerful as the aces.
Flar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 04:21   Link #304
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flar View Post
Basically, an ace is a genius, while a striker is a confident, experienced veteran that newbies can look up to.

In other words, 7arcs needed the new cast to have a special title but couldn't make them as powerful as the aces.
Thanks for looking up the meanings Flar, but creating a new cast for another season of Nanoha would be overkill on the current cast after StrikerS. (assuming that the Numbers become good guys and such). From what we all know about a 4th season even happening, we all know its going to revolve heavily around Vivio...most likely. (she's Nanoha's daughter after all)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
We should actually be happy that Vita is actually a mazoku like existence (Will and Concept plus some Magical Energy). All the blood you saw was simulacra, and thus all the heart and lungs are fakes. That's the real reason she could even advance all the way to the reactor after being shafted.

But she was badly damaged. If Hayate hadn't come save her, in a few minutes, she would have been disappearing in a pool of reddish mana.
Forgot about the concept that they are created from the Book to protect their master.
Old 2007-10-01, 05:52   Link #305
X207
Gamyūsa

wat sort of devices are the numbers' weapon?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 05:54   Link #306
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
wat sort of devices are the numbers' weapon?
they didn't have weapons, but more likely, their weapons were called IS or Inherit Skill. Just like with Cinque's IS, her IS is called Rumble Detonator. Even though she uses knives to attack, to make them explode, she has to use her IS command.
Old 2007-10-01, 06:00   Link #307
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
they didn't have weapons, but more likely, their weapons were called IS or Inherit Skill. Just like with Cinque's IS, her IS is called Rumble Detonator. Even though she uses knives to attack, to make them explode, she has to use her IS command.
so is it like super sentai/ power rangers (ignore crappy comparison) where they pretty much hav to summon the whole attire. or are the IS similar to summoning powers that hav been bestowed upon them?
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 06:05   Link #308
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Actually, it's both yes and no.

The core of their abilities is their IS, but their weapons are not necessarily their IS. Take Wendi for example, her IS is Aerial Rave which is an aerial control ability. However, without her Inherent Equipment, Riding Board, she can't make use of her IS's ability. Same to Cinque. Her IS ability allows her to infuse metal with energy to make them explode, but if there's no metal in the surroundings, she needs her IE Stinger Knives to fight.

However, Deeds' Twin Blades is her IS. She's the only real exception, since the weapon apparently comes with her. But for the others like Due, Tre, Nove, Deici, Sette they needed weapons constructed by the Doctor to make full use of their IS in combat application. For example, Tre's fast and can match Sonic Form at speed for close combat with her speed enhancing IS, Ride Impulse , but if she doesn't have Impulse Blade, she'll have to use her fist, and it's not exactly efficient.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 06:07   Link #309
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
so is it like super sentai/ power rangers (ignore crappy comparison) where they pretty much hav to summon the whole attire. or are the IS similar to summoning powers that hav been bestowed upon them?
Pretty much their IS is similar to summoning or commanding out their attacks that they were created for. I mean when Ginga got captured, her attire changed because Scaglietti wanted her to become uniformed with the cyborgs that he created and thus giving Ginga the number XIII. I don't think their attire has anything to do with their IS, but its just how Scaglietti wanted to make them uniformed in a way that they are all sisters and all in one big combat cyborg group.
Quattro, Otto, and Uno are the only ones with added additions to their attire, and thats mostly they have a jacket on or for Uno, a full uniform.
Lets just say their Number attire is like thier barrier jacket and their IS is what makes them have the ability to attack.
Though this is how I think how the Numbers attack and work, but someone will have a much more better reasoning about the Number's attack than I do.

EDIT: Nightengale just corrected my reasoning. Thanks Nightengale for the corrections.
Old 2007-10-01, 07:32   Link #310
Nemesis

Does anyone think if strikers told the story the way the manga did,it would be better?
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 07:46   Link #311
Aaron008R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adr 00 View Post
Does anyone think if strikers told the story the way the manga did,it would be better?
Several people have already said that they wanted the development from the manga and Sound Stages for the anime. Including me.

Sound Stage: Hayate, the Knights, Rein, and most notably Fate's development as a parent figure for Erio and Caro

Manga: Lightning squad, Alto, and some others.

OC Profiles
Yagami Hayate: ver. GenerationS; Part 1, Part 2
Aaron008R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 10:08   Link #312
Nemesis

its strange though that jail did not made the other gagdet drones appear in the anime.sigh.................Not to mention plot holes like relic 11 or how alphino came back to life.

Last edited by Nemesis; 2007-10-01 at 10:58.
Nemesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-01, 14:38   Link #313
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Although I haven't read most of the StrikerS manga, they do seems to focus a lot on developing the characters in the manga version. The same can be said for the Sound Stages, which is really sad though because even though you're either reading or just listening to voices acting out a certain scene in the Sound Stages, you don't really get the whole emotional impact like you would watching it in the anime version. Although a lot of people did react to the whole 8 years ago event with Nanoha and Vita, even though it wasn't fully animated in the anime version...so I guess it can vary.
Old 2007-10-02, 13:13   Link #314
Kha
~ I Do ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
True to that, but I mean I was surprised the Saint Church spared the lives of nameless women in Jars. I mean wouldnt it be in TSAB's best interests to safely "dismantle" the nameless women? (maybe through putting an overdose of drugs in their water and then taking their bodies for burial)
This just made me go .

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME ALL THOSE UNCORKED NUMBERS ARE ACTIVATED AND ALIVE?!

What I mean is, other than the KIA, the ruling 4 and the good Docktor, other than the Numbers than we've seen, those faceless ones HAVE BEEN ACTIVATED IN CANON?!

This... this... if true, will be the greatest disaster and boon ever to befall the OC thread.

So did it happen or not? I don't moonspeak, but as far as I can see, nothing of that sort is happening.
Old 2007-10-02, 13:18   Link #315
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kha View Post
This just made me go .

YOU MEAN TO TELL ME ALL THOSE UNCORKED NUMBERS ARE ACTIVATED AND ALIVE?!

What I mean is, other than the KIA, the ruling 4 and the good Docktor, other than the Numbers than we've seen, those faceless ones HAVE BEEN ACTIVATED IN CANON?!

This... this... if true, will be the greatest disaster and boon ever to befall the OC thread.

So did it happen or not? I don't moonspeak, but as far as I can see, nothing of that sort is happening.
No, nothing was mentioned about their fate. They're NOT ACTIVATED, THEY MAY BE ALIVE, but they're not destroyed.

What happened to those tube girls... we don't know. Except Megane.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:06   Link #316
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

If they were activated, the female population would be pretty high......
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-13, 01:12   Link #317
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
I haven't seen 26 yet waiting for it to be subbed. How ever season 3 was a major let down over seasons 1 and 2. We thought that with 26 episode instead of 13 we would get a much more detailed story. Instead we just got more filler content that made the anime long a times. I mean some of those eps to me looked liek fillers.
Old 2007-10-14, 01:48   Link #318
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
No, nothing was mentioned about their fate. They're NOT ACTIVATED, THEY MAY BE ALIVE, but they're not destroyed.

What happened to those tube girls... we don't know. Except Megane.
Who knows, maybe if we get another season, it will reveal what exactly happened to the rest of them. I mean, if I was an ace officer, my decision will be to treat them like potential military weapons and kill them in the most proper and "humane" fashion
Old 2007-10-16, 13:50   Link #319
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Well about the women in the "tubes" where Jail did his experiments. If they were "brought" back or "revived". The TSAB would probably use those women and conduct tests for researching. Anyway I hope a fourth season will be made and the writers or animation quality drops... Other than that I did enjoy watching StrikerS even though it wasn't as amazing as MSLN and MSLN A's. The "filler" episodes in my opinion was pretty good, those episodes gave the characters who were the main characters of that episode some character development which is important. In the first season and second season there was at least 4 new characters but for the third season (StrikerS) there was at least 15 new characters. I highly doubt they could give the proper amount of time for each character's development. On the exception that they made about 25 to 35 episodes for StrikerS.

Anyway with that I'm hoping for a fourth season to be released.

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
narmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 01:27   Link #320
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

But to be frank, none of the Fowards (which most were science lab rats) were treated as Lab Rats by the TSAB. But it could be interesting for a 4th season concept as a corruption crackdown begins.