AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > AnimeSuki & Technology > Tech Support

Notices

Old 2008-02-03, 05:51   Link #1
toru310

My new burner just got fried???

Well I was about to burn an anime to a dvd(data disk) when suddenly this error appeared!! is this an internal error? or not? if so I could replace this thing for something new...I still have 1 week replacement mentioned in the warranty...but so sad I have to remove this thing again.... Oh yeah I tried other dvd's it still shows the same error....

This is a lite on 20x light scribe sata by the way....and it like 3 days. I even think my old benq burner is much better since it made all this burns and its still functioning....what a mess....I'm so unlucky...

Need some assistance...
toru310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:03   Link #2
Eviltape

Are you writing to Rewritable discs? My Lite-on doesn't like erasing them and burning over it.
Eviltape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:54   Link #3
GHDpro
Administrator
*Administrator

Seems more like a media related error to me. If you have not successfully burned any other discs of the brand you used, try another brand. Otherwise, it might just have been a bad disc.

Edit:
Er, read your post a bit more carefully. Where those "other DVDs" you tried from the same brand, if so, try another brand.
GHDpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 12:37   Link #4
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

I did some googling and these are some of the better results I came up with. It seems to be a common isse with Nero

But I do note you are using Nero, you might want to try this

http://www.gidforums.com/t-1805.html

Or it seems to be a combination of either media and laser issues

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...ion-error.html

Also check if there are firmware fixes available on the Liteon site for your drive. If there are that shold be applied as well.

Try the Nero fix first before removing and returning the drive.
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-04, 05:49   Link #5
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbes_fan View Post
I did some googling and these are some of the better results I came up with. It seems to be a common isse with Nero

But I do note you are using Nero, you might want to try this

http://www.gidforums.com/t-1805.html

Or it seems to be a combination of either media and laser issues

http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...ion-error.html

Also check if there are firmware fixes available on the Liteon site for your drive. If there are that shold be applied as well.

Try the Nero fix first before removing and returning the drive.
Sorry for the late reply I brought my cpu to the shop where I bought it, I thought its was going to be replaced..but it turns out that the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller issue...the technician just uninstall something and then it seems to be fine...something to do with a pio thing....
Old 2008-02-04, 07:48   Link #6
toru310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Migufuchi Fusutsu View Post
Sorry for the late reply I brought my cpu to the shop where I bought it, I thought its was going to be replaced..but it turns out that the IDE ATA/ATAPI controller issue...the technician just uninstall something and then it seems to be fine...something to do with a pio thing....
regarding my burner....It seems that it can't burn less than 1gb I mean I can't burn 200mb of file using multi session...I don't know why can anyone tell me? my old burner can but lite one x20 can't...
Old 2008-02-04, 16:45   Link #7
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
regarding my burner....It seems that it can't burn less than 1gb I mean I can't burn 200mb of file using multi session...I don't know why can anyone tell me? my old burner can but lite one x20 can't...
That's stupid, I never heard of such error. My 3 years old NEC is burning everything without a problem

www.arcadebuilder.net - The Best Arcade Script. Own your own arcade website today
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 00:39   Link #8
Myname

Buy Sony or Samsung next time.

They have brand-name recognition.
Myname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 00:46   Link #9
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myname View Post

They have brand-name recognition.
In my experience Samsung is a garbage vendor for CD burners. Lite-on is good and cheap. Your mileage may vary, as they say. Better to do reviews on specific models than to go based off of vendor names.
Old 2008-02-05, 02:20   Link #10
jpwong

Brand name recognition can mean jack in a lot of cases. I mean, a company may traditionally make good products, but certain product lines could have an abnormal failure rate etc. A company who has a bad name could have cleaned up and are now making a superior product.

I doesn't hurt to start at a brand name to get some berings, but tech reviews, customer reviews, peer reviews should all be considered before you actually commit to buying something.
Old 2008-02-05, 03:59   Link #11
Nenkitsune
Ive been MikuCaramellized

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
I never liked Lite-on dvd burners. my moms computer had one and it didn't work very well at all. I recommend a Pioneer dvd burner. there is one that costs about 35 dollars on NewEgg, and burns every dvd format (that includes dual layer +/- at i think 16X) My friend has had his for a couple years now with nothing but success.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827129018

(it got cheaper from the last time i checked, i think i might buy it myself o_o)

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 05:58   Link #12
hobbes_fan
You could say.....

Pioneers tend to be the best in the burning stakes. Lite on does have a feature/policy few other DVD makers have, they don't enforce region coding. I also call BS on the <1gb issue. I'll look into it in the morning. I'm sleepy right now.

PS please post the model no. of the lite on drive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
Samsung sucks when it comes to optical media. Perhaps it's just my anecdotal references, but I've seen a friend of mine with a Samsung CD reader which failed five times in a row. My dad had a Samsung DVD player which lasted six months. My family's Samsung DVD burner lasted less than two years with minimum usage. Thank you, but I'll refrain from buying Samsung optical media in the future.

They do make nice monitors, though.
No that's general consensus that samsng drives are poor. Even in their home appliance sector they've had major issues with drives (BD DVD players etc). Phones, TV, monitors are all good they just haven't gotten it right yet with optical media
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26308

Last edited by hobbes_fan; 2008-02-06 at 01:53.
hobbes_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 08:15   Link #13
toru310

Quote:
Pioneers tend to be the best in the burning stakes. Lite on does have a feature/policy few other DVD makers have, they don't enforce region coding. I also call BS on the <1gb issue. I'll look into it in the morning. I'm sleepy right now.

Thanks sir, This is the only problem that prevents me from burning anime files to a dvd-r using multi sessions because every week theres a new release of a sub anime, after watching it I immediately burn it on the dvd with previews episodes of that anime.

I actually found a solution which will cost me some cash, I'll just reuse my old burner benq x16 and put it in a enclosure for multi sessions purposes.
Old 2008-02-05, 08:20   Link #14
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
Quote:
Samsung sucks when it comes to optical media. Perhaps it's just my anecdotal references, but I've seen a friend of mine with a Samsung CD reader which failed five times in a row. My dad had a Samsung DVD player which lasted six months. My family's Samsung DVD burner lasted less than two years with minimum usage. Thank you, but I'll refrain from buying Samsung optical media in the future.

They do make nice monitors, though.

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 13:01   Link #15
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

Nero was the problem in my case as well... i tried to burn a cd, but then i fried my burner it read dvd ( original ) but no cds, copy cds, original cds,... so yeah... probably its burned to the ground ( figure of speech )
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Kazuma77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-05, 16:05   Link #16
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Thanks sir, This is the only problem that prevents me from burning anime files to a dvd-r using multi sessions because every week theres a new release of a sub anime, after watching it I immediately burn it on the dvd with previews episodes of that anime.
Multisessions are a bit flakey. By that I mean that not all CD/DVD readers can properly read them. I've burned a multisession disc before and then had the entire thing unrecognized by a different CD drive. In general, I'll try to avoid multisessions entirely. If you're pressed for space and you absolutely need to get an episode off of your HD once you've watched it, I can understand why you're doing multisessions that way. Otherwise, I strongly recommend burning a disc entirely at once and making sure that "No multisession" is checked in Nero's options.
Old 2008-02-06, 08:38   Link #17
toru310

Quote:

No that's general consensus that samsng drives are poor. Even in their home appliance sector they've had major issues with drives (BD DVD players etc). Phones, TV, monitors are all good they just haven't gotten it right yet with optical media
My model is ATAPI DVD A DH20A3L mentioned in device manager.