AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Nanoha

View Poll Results: Nanoha StrikerS - Overall series rating
Perfect 10 47 16.04%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 51 17.41%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 57 19.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 62 21.16%
6 out of 10 : Average 44 15.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 8 2.73%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 3.75%
3 out of 10 : Bad 3 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.34%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.07%
Voters: 293. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-10-10, 01:24   Link #141
9taileddemon

I think that if a 4th season is made that it will be made after StrikerS. Not too far after but maybe 2-4 years. Kind of around the StrikersX soundstage. A little after that.

Maybe there is a large outbreak of crazy Lost Logia and Riot Force 6 needs to be reactivated to solve the problem. Maybe some of the numbers can also help out or something.

If I ever get time for it, that will be the type of setting my fanfiction will be in so it would kind of cool to see what the anime itself would do in that time frame.
9taileddemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-10, 14:54   Link #142
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Setting it around the same time as SSX sounds like a good idea to me. The Forwards are occupied with the whole Mariage thing but I don't think there's a whole lot of info on what the Aces are up to during and after the Sound Stages. Setting a 4th season around that time would be an excellent way to put the show's focus back on the Aces, while also featuring Vivio (and her new school friends; are you reading this, 7Arcs? WE WANT SYN! WE WANT SYN!) from time to time and developing her character (and theirs) enough to set things up for Season 5: Mahou Shoujo Moeblob Vivio.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Comartemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-11, 19:14   Link #143
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comartemis View Post
Setting it around the same time as SSX sounds like a good idea to me. The Forwards are occupied with the whole Mariage thing but I don't think there's a whole lot of info on what the Aces are up to during and after the Sound Stages. Setting a 4th season around that time would be an excellent way to put the show's focus back on the Aces, while also featuring Vivio (and her new school friends; are you reading this, 7Arcs? WE WANT SYN! WE WANT SYN!) from time to time and developing her character (and theirs) enough to set things up for Season 5: Mahou Shoujo Moeblob Vivio.
But focusing the atention of a new season on the forwards and Vivio + new characters wouldn't be getting out of the Nanoha topic? I mean, can we have a Pirates of the Caribean movie without Captain Jack Sparrow?

Now don't get me wrong, but I think that many will agree with me when I say that one of the main reasons of the... fail of the not so good StrikerS, was focusing so many atention on the forwards (And my dear Vivio as well)

And, yeah, Syn would feet well on the Nanoha Universe but the posibility of see her on a fourth season is equal to see Mexico wining the world cup on South Africa 2010
Old 2008-10-11, 20:21   Link #144
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

Quote:
But focusing the atention of a new season on the forwards and Vivio + new characters wouldn't be getting out of the Nanoha topic?
That depends. By that logic, can any Gundam series call itself a Gundam series if Amuro Ray and the RX-78 aren't in it? Besides, I said Aces and Vivio (and friends), not Forwards and Vivio (and friends). The Forwards, as I said, have already been covered in this time period; you'd be making an anime out of the SSX Sound Stage, not doing something new.

Quote:
Now don't get me wrong, but I think that many will agree with me when I say that one of the main reasons of the... fail of the not so good StrikerS, was focusing so many atention on the forwards (And my dear Vivio as well)
If anything, the Forwards didn't get enough attention. With more screentime and more character development they would have been much more interesting characters, like the Wolkenritter were when they were introduced.

To my way of thinking, there are four classes which a character may belong to based on how important they are to a story.

Main Characters are the primary protagonists and antagonists who drive the story forward. In StrikerS, the Main Characters are the Aces, the Forwards (as a unit; individually their ranks vary between Main Characters and Minor Characters; only Subaru qualfies as a Main Character in her own right), and Jail.

Major Characters are characters who may not necessarily be important to the story but nonetheless get a lot of screentime and play a large role in the story. They could be Main Characters if the plot merely focused on them a little more. In StrikerS, the Major Characters are Signum, Vita, Teana, Quattro, and Vivio.

Minor Characters are characters who could be cut from the story entirely and have little overall effect on the plot. Most of the new characters in StrikerS qualify as Minor Characters, including almost all of the Numbers, Vice, Acous, Caro and Erio, and Lutecia's group.

Supporting Characters are about as important to the story as Main Characters are, but typically have the least amount of screentime. They serve an essential role in the plot but otherwise play little part in it, like the king who tells the knight to kill the dragon. In StrikerS, the main Supporting Characters are Carim and Regius.

Now usually if you're going to promote a character from one class into a higher class, you need to devote more screentime to them and make them more relevant to the plot. The problem is that just differentiating a minor character from your average faceless mook requires a certain amount of screentime dedicated to them to establish their character.

Now in StrikerS, this wouldn't have been a problem if 7Arcs were only introducing the Forwards and some new enemies as Major Characters and a small number of Minor and Supporting Characters, but StrikerS didn't stop with just a few Minor Characters; along with the Forwards you also have dozens of other new characters, some of them having far more screentime than was appropriate for Minor and Supporting Characters; Vice, Regius, I'm looking at you two!

Besides the Forwards you also had dozens of other Minor Characters who needed to be fleshed out and take up valuable screentime that could otherwise be used by the Forwards or the Aces or Vivio. Along with the Forwards you also had to deal with Regius, Vice, Carim, Acous, Ginga, Lutecia, Zest, Agito, Jail, and dear sweet god, all 12 of the Numbers! And that's not even counting the really Minor Characters, like Genya, Tiida, Alto, Schach, Shario, Griffith, the Brains, etc etc.

Compare this to A's, which introduced 9 new characters (Hayate, the Wolks, Reinforce, Graham, and the Lieze twins) in half of the number of episodes StrikerS had, and did so much more successfully and harmoniously than StrikerS's +30 new cast members could hope to do.

The problem with StrikerS was never the Forwards; it was 7Arcs trying to do too much with their new budget. Hopefully they've learned their lesson from that.

Quote:
And, yeah, Syn would feet well on the Nanoha Universe but the posibility of see her on a fourth season is equal to see Mexico wining the world cup on South Africa 2010
Hey, they used Keroko, didn't they?

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.

Last edited by Comartemis; 2008-10-11 at 20:32.
Old 2008-10-11, 22:28   Link #145
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Hey, they used Keroko, didn't they?
Hu? Keroko?

Did I miss something?
Old 2008-10-11, 22:32   Link #146
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

You didn't know? Keroko's original design was based on a modified version of Nanoha which just so happens to look an awful lot like Vivio's adult form. I should also note that Keroko predates Adult!Vivio. This is one of the reasons the Cadians are always joking about 7Arcs reading the AnimeSuki boards looking for new ideas.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-11, 23:03   Link #147
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
You didn't know? Keroko's original design was based on a modified version of Nanoha which just so happens to look an awful lot like Vivio's adult form. I should also note that Keroko predates Adult!Vivio. This is one of the reasons the Cadians are always joking about 7Arcs reading the AnimeSuki boards looking for new ideas.
Ahhh, yes, yes, I alredy know that

I just was shocke because I though that Keroko's creation was used on a sound Stage or something like that
Old 2008-10-12, 06:00   Link #148
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Rick View Post
But focusing the atention of a new season on the forwards and Vivio + new characters wouldn't be getting out of the Nanoha topic? I mean, can we have a Pirates of the Caribean movie without Captain Jack Sparrow?
Considering they already made a Sound Stage centered on the new crew, which by the way, was a very good listen. I wish they'd turned that into a movie.

Quote:
Unlike what the loud nay-sayers keep shouting, Strikers was hardly fail. In Japan, its the best selling Nanoha season. And saying it was not so good because the focus was on the forwards despite A's doing the same with Hayate and the Wolkenritter is hypocritical at best. What StrikerS did wrong was how they focused the attention.

There are several ways that would improve the feel of StrikerS.

* While the training episodes were hardly as infernally evil as they were made out to be, some of the scenes could have been scrapped and replaced with other scenes that forwarded the story.

* reducing screentime of side-characters would have helped to. Anyone care to remind me just what Vice's purpose in the plot was? I'd thank Seven Arcs for remembering the people lacking a second X, but Vice's sideplot was completely unrelated to the plot. Scrapping that and reducing him to 'the pilot guy' would have returned valuable screentime. The brains could have been cut completely, focusing all the TSAB-side 'evil' on Regius instead.

* Using this gained screentime, proper development could have been given to the other two forwards, Erio and Caro, and their relationship to Fate.

* The Nanoha/Vivio plot. I know that many people are going to kill me for this, but the Nanoha/Vivio plot had one very glaring and disrupting element into it. During the final battle we saw that Nanoha seemed to be struggling with her responsibilities as a mother, she felt that she couldn't be a good mother.

... what? So where was this insecurity during the rest of the season? There was no sign of Nanoha struggling with anything, which made the claim and the battle feel... lacking.

So we trace that back, and whom, or rather what, do we find at the source?

NanoFate.

Now before you begin pelting rotten fruit at me, take the time to realize.

What we should have seen:
Nanoha struggling with her new position as a mother, and her insecurities.

What we saw: Nanoha being a happy little mother alongside Fate. No insecurities whatsoever.

In an effort to give the NanoFate fanservice the audience wanted, they followed a wrong path. With the happy little mama-pair, they disrupted the insecure Nanoha, thereby contradicting the final battle. Not only that, but Fate being a happy mama with Nanoha also went at the cost of Erio and Caro's development. Does anyone who hasn't read the manga realize just how much Fate cares for these two? She practically considers herself to be their mother, but her happy family scenes with Nanoha completely erased this vital character growth element from the screen. Finally, the final battle was all about Nanoha and Vivio, with Fate-mama hardly even being mentioned at all. This basically made Fate-mama and all her scenes a complete and utter waste of time.

Now a better way to write this and keep the NanoFate fanservice would be Fate supporting Nanoha from the sidelines, providing support and advice and becoming a pillar for Nanoha to rely upon. You keep NanoFate fanservice, while not discarding the plot.

* More information on Jail's ambition would have been more then just welcome. At the beginning he was the bad guy doing something evil. No big deal. But when the final battle comes to shove, we need to know why Jail is doing what he does, and what he intends to accomplish. We never really got to know that, which left a lot of question marks.

* And finally, Hayate needed a battle of her own and at the very least a transformation scene. She was hailed as one of the three Aces in the last season and the manga, and yet even her knights got more battle then her.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-12 at 14:54.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 11:38   Link #149
BPHaru

I think should agree with Evil Rick with almost everything.

Maybe I'll be a bit extreme, but in my honest opinion referring to Keroko and his persistent disapproval of Nanofate in the series, I think the NanoFate plot of StrikerS (not fanservice, because it plays a mayor role since season 1 in the series for most people) was the only thing well done that made this series worth watching. If they'd removed that I would have stopped watching this series long ago, because they screwed it with the plot, with the cast (47 characters? are you serious!? 2/3 of them were totally unnecessary! Also Caro and Erio were a total fail as a replacement of the old lolies), the character development was in general therms between zero and nothing, and let's not talk about all the military stuffs no one cared about, the limiters, etc. One of the worst things are the action scenes, which were AWFUL in comparison with the first two seasons, and this was supposed to be the strongest point of the series. ..

Also, the technical quality made my eyes bleed in the TV cersion (my eyes only, my ears were all fine since we have our goddess Nana Mizuki with us), so why I would watch this show if everything that it provides is done better by other animes? There is a matter of path and trajectory that was very important to this series, the characters the people love are still in this season so they will keep watching this. Gundam Seed Destiny was as bad as this series in comparison with their prequels, both series were very critiqued but they still sell very well, but not because of they quality, but because they had cool mechas and cool mages (or at least the old ones).

Speaking of Gundam Seed Destiny, we all know what happened when they tried to change the main character... it was hilarious when our godlike Kira went back from nowhere to re-take his place xD So I think we can expect something similar if they try to remove Fate and Nanoha from the first line.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo
BPHaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 12:16   Link #150
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
There is only one thing I wish to say about strikerS.

Zafira TT-TT.

well that's not all actually.

Yuuno TT-TT.

Well and

Arf TT-TT

Personally I really liked StrikerS. Except for one thing. 7arc seemed to forget that they had plenty of characters who could fill up the roles of their numerous new characters, they also seemed to not realize that certain characters could be combined with others (and did we really need 12 numbers?)

But I have say in response to Keroko Fate did have one purpose being part of happy family fun. Fate was the example, Fate was the "perfect", caring mother figure that Nanoha was most definitely not... alas they didn't play to this except in one scene. Personally I would have rather seen 7arcs try to get us to compare the Fate/Erio/Caro family to the Nanoha/Vivio Family sadly Erio had no breasts thus he had very little development and Caro went right down with his ship.

StrikerS came down to being an example of 7arc biting off way more then they could chew. Was it the disaster everyone seems to think it was? No not at all. Was it an amazing piece of work? Nope not in the slightest. It was just meh. Enjoyable to some unwatchable to others.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 12:28   Link #151
PhoenixG
Hi-Eternal

If you mean the scene when Vivio fell. I wouldn't say Nanoha didn't care about it. It's about the difference in raising a child. Both are correct in a way and both are wrong in a way.

I do agree with Keroko about the lacking things of StrikerS.
PhoenixG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 13:45   Link #152
Comartemis
He Who Smites Shippers

I object to Haru's statement, but this isn't the place to elaborate on relationship details.

Kill the Darkfic.
Burn the Angst.
Purge the Bad End.
Old 2008-10-12, 13:48   Link #153
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

The basic problem of StrikerS as many has said, was adding so many characters without plot, a good bg and in so short time leaving main characters of the previus seasons to the shadows

@TSS: I agree with you refering to Zaphira, Arf and Yunno, and I must add Shamal to that list, this characters still have lot of Story to be tell and they were wasted only for focusing more atention in the new characters

@Keroko: I must disagree with you, in my opinion A's was the best of the 3 seasons, I mean, 5 new characters is not the same as30 new characters, and in A's the atention was still focusing Nanoha and Fate, leaving Vita and Signum as the main "Antagonists"

@BPHaru: I totally agree with the acion point you mentionated, after the awesome battle scenes on Nanoha and Nanoha A's, I was expecting some good battles scenes, and what I got, was only a bunch of Awfull training scenes, pointless backstories, confusin plots and even a final battle (Nanoha vs Adult Vivio) boring

Now, I'm not throwing all the fault to the forwards, the Villan Jail is in my opinion another reason for the bad StrikerS

He was probably the most awfull villan that I have ever seen, he was like a poor atemp to imitate The Joker (and The Joker is an epic Villan) A dumb character, without plot, without motivations, without a BG, probably the worst thing that 7arcs could do
Old 2008-10-12, 13:49   Link #154
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShinySword View Post
There is only one thing I wish to say about strikerS.

Zafira TT-TT.

well that's not all actually.

Yuuno TT-TT.

Well and

Arf TT-TT
Seconded. Definetely.

Quote:
But I have say in response to Keroko Fate did have one purpose being part of happy family fun. Fate was the example, Fate was the "perfect", caring mother figure that Nanoha was most definitely not... alas they didn't play to this except in one scene. Personally I would have rather seen 7arcs try to get us to compare the Fate/Erio/Caro family to the Nanoha/Vivio Family sadly Erio had no breasts thus he had very little development and Caro went right down with his ship.
Exactly, the one scene of Fate reprimanding Nanoha could have easily been done with the supporting fate scenario, and left the window wide open for Fate/Erio/Caro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPHaru View Post
Maybe I'll be a bit extreme, but in my honest opinion referring to Keroko and his persistent disapproval of Nanofate in the series, I think the NanoFate plot of StrikerS (not fanservice, because it plays a mayor role since season 1 in the series for most people)
Plot? No Haru, plot is something that is central to the storyline, if you take it away the entire story collapses. If you take away all the NanoFate yuri-esque scenes and let them claim from the beginning they are just friends, what does that change to the story? Nothing. The story of season 1 would be largely unaffected, as Nanoha can still rescue Fate and be friends (which, in fact, is how a lot of people see it anyway) season 2 would be completely unaffected, as NanoFate played zero part in this, and the story of season 3 could have improved due to the points mentioned above.

No, NanoFate is fanservice, and in StrikerS it was fanservice taken to the point that it started interfering with the plot.

Also, I'm not saying the should remove the fanservice, just that they should have done it differently. Making Fate support Nanoha from the sidelines and turning her into a supporting pillar. Yes, this means sacrificing some duo-mama scenes (and also Fate-centric scenes, like the 'Fate has two mama's just like Vivio' scene in episode 16? Redundant. Adds nothing. Scrap it please and use the screentime for something usefull)

Quote:
Speaking of Gundam Seed Destiny, we all know what happened when they tried to change the main character... it was hilarious when our godlike Kira went back from nowhere to re-take his place xD So I think we can expect something similar if they try to remove Fate and Nanoha from the first line.

They already did in SSX. Not a single of the pre-StrikerS characters. Main character? Subaru. How was the story? I loved it. Build in pace, showing the characters established, adding the tension of an unknown enemy, discovery, a little bit of yuri fanservice thrown in (without muddling the plot), and ending with a tear-jerking ending.

And all that in 2 hours.

Quote:
@Keroko: I must disagree with you, in my opinion A's was the best of the 3 seasons, I mean, 5 new characters is not the same as30 new characters, and in A's the atention was still focusing Nanoha and Fate, leaving Vita and Signum as the main "Antagonists"
Focus in A's was primarily on Hayate and her Knights, not Nanoha and Fate. Sure, they had a decent amount of screentime, but then that's the same in StrikerS.

Last edited by Keroko; 2008-10-12 at 14:24.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-12, 14:25   Link #155
BPHaru

Quote:
You are being extreme, Haru: first of all you're declaring Keroko to be a NanoFate hater, which he obviously isn't, and second you're assuming that everyone watches MGLN just for NanoFate, which they don't. Like it or not, the only part of the series which revolves around NanoFate is season 1, the rest of the time it's background material. And while I'm all for more NanoFate material, either fanservice or otherwise, I do not want to see it at the expense of the plot, and Keroko's right when he says that the StrikerS NanoFate fanservice interferes with the Nanoha/Vivio dynamic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Plot? No Haru, plot is something that is central to the storyline, if you take it away the entire story collapses. If you take away all the NanoFate yuri-esque scenes and let them claim from the beginning they are just friends, what does that change to the story? Nothing. The story of season 1 would be largely unaffected, season 2 would be completely unaffected, and the story of season 3 could have improved.

No, NanoFate is fanservice, and in StrikerS it was fanservice taken to the point that it started interfering with the plot.
I disagree with you, the series would be a totally different thing without that. I stated it in my previous post but I’ll repeat myself: I watched this season for the NanoFate relationship since in my opinion the series was awful in all the other aspects, so the plot would have been worst if it lacked of that as well.

The problem of the plot isn’t Nanoha’s and Fate’s relationship, if you’re blaming them is simply because “you are neutral to them”. Probably an average fanfic at ff.net has a better plot than this series, so there is a really big problem here, but pointing at every single thing that was wrong with the series will lead us anywhere, since in my opinion the whole basis of the military issues, RF and the new cast was a mistake that ruined any chance of having something as interesting as the first 2 seasons, in any sense.

Quote:
And all that in 2 hours.
That was a good idea, you don't need a whole season for that, and they can get money to invest in the movie. Deciding to make NanoFate the Movie was a smart move, since this is what the series is about, and hopefully they'll compensate the lack of action of StrikerS in the movie.

Quote:
Now, I'm not throwing all the fault to the forwards, the Villan Jail is in my opinion another reason for the bad StrikerS

He was probably the most awfull villan that I have ever seen, he was like a poor atemp to imitate The Joker (and The Joker is an epic Villan) A dumb character, without plot, without motivations, without a BG, probably the worst thing that 7arcs could do
Yes, probably most of the fault is of the forwards, but I think Spaghetti actually was a good concept for the main villain (and it was one of the few new necessary characters), the problem is that he lacked of everything you mentioned.
He had a lot of potential, it could even become the next Gates (AKA the best villain ever), but finally he was another waste of character.

Cuídense y sigan sonriendo =)
Old 2008-10-12, 14:39   Link #156
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
I disagree with you, the series would be a totally different thing without that. I stated it in my previous post but I’ll repeat myself: I watched this season for the NanoFate relationship since in my opinion the series was awful in all the other aspects, so the plot would have been worst if it lacked of that as well.
The plot would not have been worse, you just wouldn't have anything to watch that you liked. And there's noting wrong with that, we all have something we like to watch in what we watch. However, claiming that NanoFate is 'part of the plot of the series' is simply not the correct term. Like I said: Plot is what affects the storyline. NanoFate does not affect the storyline.

Quote:
The problem of the plot isn’t Nanoha’s and Fate’s relationship, if you’re blaming them is simply because “you are neutral to them”. Probably an average fanfic at ff.net has a better plot than this series, so there is a really big problem here, but pointing at every single thing that was wrong with the series will lead us anywhere, since in my opinion the whole basis of the military issues, RF and the new cast was a mistake that ruined any chance of having something as interesting as the first 2 seasons, in any sense.
When did I say NanoFate was the only problem? It's simply one of many, but its also the point that needs to be explained to prevent people jumping my neck. Obviously it didn't work that well, even though I explicitly stated that NanoFate is not a bad thing, but its how they approached it that was a bad choice.

StrikerS is filled with scenes of all shapes and sizes that make my hairs as an editor stand on edge.

Quote:
That was a good idea, you don't need a whole season for that, and they can get money to invest in the movie. Deciding to make NanoFate the Movie was a smart move, since this is what the series is about, and hopefully they'll compensate the lack of action of StrikerS in the movie.
I myself would love a season centered around the StrikerS cast. Seeing Teana in snazy black Enforcers uniform, the numbers in their respective lives, and of course more Vivio.

And Ixpellia deserves to be animated.
Old 2008-10-12, 14:46   Link #157
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

I didn't realize that Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, series and movie, was just about NanoFate romance. I had thought the show was about friendship, teamwork, redemption, salvation, firepower, and growing up.

Viewing this series in a solely one dimensional aspect of just NanoFate makes it incredibly boring and flat. Plot is what drives the series forward -- without it, the entire show would stagnate and rot. There is no growth without plot.
Old 2008-10-12, 14:48   Link #158
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:

The show has been and will always be about (unless 7arc really screws things up) the power of friendship as cheesy as that may sound (though made much less cheesy through firepower). It is not and has never been about NanoFate. Even the first season was about Nanoha saving Fate through friendship not about NanoFate romantic love love you can choose to see that if you want ( I know I did) but it's about friendship first and foremost. This has been stated time and time again but I suppose I'll have to say it now, the story is about Nanoha saving people (season 1: Fate, Season 2: Hayate and the wolkies, Season 3: Vivio) (Even if in Season 3 there were a couple of other stories going on Nanoha's was about Vivio... poor Fate didn't even get a proper story), Fate happened to be the first one.

And besides the new movie's a remake of season 1 for all we know it'll end in a big smooch between Yuuno and Nanoha.
Old 2008-10-12, 15:01   Link #159
BPHaru

Quote:
The plot would not have been worse, you just wouldn't have anything to watch that you liked. And there's noting wrong with that, we all have something we like to watch in what we watch. However, claiming that NanoFate is 'part of the plot of the series' is simply not the correct term. Like I said: Plot is what affects the storyline. NanoFate does not affect the storyline.
I think their relationship was an important part of what pretended to be the plot of this series, otherwise you could as well remove Fate from Nanoha's life and see if everything with Vivio would have concluded as it did in StrikerS. Probably she would have be adopted for marvelous new characters now (GO! TEH CAST of 50 characters!!!11!), but that's a matter of speculations and personal opinions, so I think I don't have nothing more to add about this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest Dynasty View Post

I didn't realize that Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha, series and movie, was just about NanoFate romance. I had thought the show was about friendship, teamwork, redemption, salvation, firepower, and growing up.
Quote:
The show has been and will always be about (unless 7arc really screws things up) the power of friendship as cheesy as that may sound (though made much less cheesy through firepower).

And besides the new movie's a remake of season 1 for all we know it'll end in a big smooch between Yuuno and Nanoha.
Sorry for the misunderstanding, now that I reread my post it seems that way, but NanoFate the movie is just how we call it, I was referring that the series was about what the first season was about: Overpowered lolis, Beam Spam, befriending, delicious NanoFate, etc.

Quote:
>And besides the new movie's a remake of season 1 for all we know it'll end in another big smooch between Fate and Nanoha.
Fixed! xD
Were you trying to troll AnimSuki, ZaffySword? ^^

Old 2008-10-12, 15:02   Link #160
TheShinySword
*Author

Quote:

Fixed! xD
Were you trying to troll AnimSuki, ZaffySword? ^^

not trolling just fact stating. Though I have no doubt it'll just be as ambiguous as 7arc normally is.