AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2010-03-02, 12:57   Link #161
Mayhem The Great
The Glob of Destruction

Hmm, I have quite a bit but I can only think of one so far.

I'm sure some people know this by now...

Kamina from Gurren Lagann. Yea go ahead, flame me. What everyone thought was 'epic' about him such as his speeches and his manly pride, I found really annoying. His loudmouthed, barbaric, perverted, masculine pride and sometimes ignorant personality put me off as well.
(I would also say sexist, but looking back, it was the highschool universe manga where Kamina was more sexist whereas the anime he wasn't to bad.)

I'm all for great manly characters, but whenever they're practically pointing to themselves shouting "LOOK AT ME I'M A MAN!" Then that really gets old and tiresome. Every time Kamina began reciting his poetic speeches, I was very tempted to quit watching the episode. I really got sick of hearing “Who the hell do you think I am” constantly as well.

Again, I have nothing against manly characters, but when they're making speeches about being a man, all I hear is "I AM A MANLY MAN WHO'S MANLY!"

I'm Sorry if I'm offending anyone, but Kamina really didn't make an impression on me as he did on everyone else.

Last edited by Mayhem The Great; 2010-03-02 at 21:06.
Mayhem The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 18:19   Link #162
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem The Great View Post
Hmm, I have quite a bit but I can only think of one so far.

I'm sure some people know this by now...

Kamina. Yea go ahead, flame me. What everyone thought was 'epic' about him such as his speeches and his manly pride, I found really annoying. His loudmouthed, barbaric, perverted, masculine pride and sometimes ignorant personality put me off as well.
(I would also say sexist, but looking back, it was the highschool universe manga where Kamina was more sexist whereas the anime he wasn't to bad.)

I'm all for great manly characters, but whenever they're practically pointing to themselves shouting "LOOK AT ME I'M A MAN!" Then that really gets old and tiresome. Every time Kamina began reciting his poetic speeches, I was very tempted to quit watching the episode. I really got sick of hearing ?Who the hell do you think I am? constantly as well.

Again, I have nothing against manly characters, but when they're making speeches about being a man, all I hear is "I AM A MANLY MAN WHO'S MANLY!"

I'm Sorry if I'm offending anyone, but Kamina really didn't make an impression on me as he did on everyone else.
Not sure but I think your talking about gurren laggan? well anyway that show bored me to tears... The characters were dull and generic - the plot was a little boring. never really was a fan of mecha though...
Animelover#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-02, 21:05   Link #163
Mayhem The Great
The Glob of Destruction

Yea, Gurren Lagann's the anime I'm talking about. I guess I should have put what he was from...

I didn't really like Kamina andit was because of him and the speeches he and most of the cast would recite was one of the few things that killed the show for me. I won't go into too much detail, since that would be straying off topic.
Mayhem The Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 05:39   Link #164
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
Pretty much everyone from the Gantz anime, The manga is awesome, but no one does anything in the anime heres a typical scene
Spoiler:
Yep same here , never really liked the anime to be honest couldnt even complete it . But is the manga that good ? I heard a lot of people say that about the series .
Old 2010-03-03, 13:20   Link #165
Mashkun

idk if any of you watched gintama but my fav character is Gintoki Sakata from that series haa.
orr osaka from azumanga daioh hahah
Mashkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-03, 14:21   Link #166
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashkun View Post
idk if any of you watched gintama but my fav character is Gintoki Sakata from that series haa.
orr osaka from azumanga daioh hahah
The titles characters you love to hate, or anime characters you hate ^_^
and I liked that sporty person on azumanga, not the cat lover, the other one.
Old 2010-03-03, 22:59   Link #167
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Me, I honestly want to kill Fuwa Shotaro from the manga Skip Beat.

He's so lame though I'm thankful to hime since he's the main reason why Kyoko is so funny
Suzuki-Goro

Character:
Original Art
Old 2010-03-04, 03:46   Link #168
Mashkun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
The titles characters you love to hate, or anime characters you hate ^_^
and I liked that sporty person on azumanga, not the cat lover, the other one.
ohh yea that sportsy one! her name starts with a K and shes really stupid right?? haha
hmm i really cant hate any anime characters . wait nvm i hate Makoto from school days! he screws up the lives of two great girls D:
Mashkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 14:49   Link #169
Kazu
Flowing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashkun View Post
ohh yea that sportsy one! her name starts with a K and shes really stupid right?? haha
hmm i really cant hate any anime characters . wait nvm i hate Makoto from school days! he screws up the lives of two great girls D:
That'd be kagura
Old 2010-03-04, 14:54   Link #170
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Yeah, Kagura is idiotic. Though apparently alot like her. She is beautiful, too bad about the IQ thing, though.

Spoiler for School Days spoiler:

I also hate alot of others. But to avoid me being negative repped by fanboys/fangrls, I won't name them.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-04, 16:03   Link #171
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arbitres View Post
I also hate alot of others. But to avoid me being negative repped by fanboys/fangrls, I won't name them.
Fanboys/fangirls who do that are also idiotic. Nobody should be bad-repped for having an opinion on a character!! NOBODY.
It's when the poster starts insulting the character's fans themselves that it's stepping out of line....
Old 2010-03-06, 13:01   Link #172
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Fanboys/fangirls who do that are also idiotic. Nobody should be bad-repped for having an opinion on a character!! NOBODY.
It's when the poster starts insulting the character's fans themselves that it's stepping out of line....
I got bad-repped for putting Shirley's and Flay's name in this thread they called me a cold hearted nihilist or whatever I just find it funny that people flame other just for hating a character they love. I love Rolo, but I don't bad-rep or flame anyone who hates him cause thats just stupid although I do get mad at some of the comments people make about him. I also got told to die and burn in hell with Rolo once I was like ok.....

Roloko vi Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-06, 15:16   Link #173
Chiibi

My sympathy goes out to you, Roloko.
Old 2010-03-06, 15:30   Link #174
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post

My sympathy goes out to you, Roloko.
apparently my opinions don't count to them and every time I get flamed for hating Shirley its always by a fanboy thats right they were all men that were flaming/bashing me.

Old 2010-03-08, 06:40   Link #175
Animelover#1
Kouta...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
apparently my opinions don't count to them and every time I get flamed for hating Shirley its always by a fanboy thats right they were all men that were flaming/bashing me.
There are a lot of faggots on the internet. It may seem obvious but just ignore them. Or if you can come up a witty and clever response then that can sometimes shut them up
Old 2010-03-08, 13:50   Link #176
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic Send a message via Skype™ to synaesthetic
I hate Ribbons Almark. He's presented as a Magnificent Bastard, but his Xanatos Gambits ring hollow and contain far too much Ass Pull and Handwaving to really enjoy him as much as other Magnificent Bastards. His Bad Amuro voice kinda grates on my nerves, too. >.>;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roloko vi Britannia View Post
I got bad-repped for putting Shirley's and Flay's name in this thread they called me a cold hearted nihilist or whatever I just find it funny that people flame other just for hating a character they love. I love Rolo, but I don't bad-rep or flame anyone who hates him cause thats just stupid although I do get mad at some of the comments people make about him. I also got told to die and burn in hell with Rolo once I was like ok.....
A lot of folks hate Rolo because he was endemic of the changes that caused R2 to suck more than it should have. If R2 had not been moved to a different timeslot and had to have spent a good portion of its episodes recapping season one, Rolo would likely never have even existed.

Also a lot of people hate him because he's whiny and emo, and because he offed Shirley (not necessarily because she died, but because the whole sequence of events leading up to that point were of epic-class wallbanger status).

Don't worry though. I get the same kind of treatment for liking Nena Trinity.
Old 2010-03-08, 13:53   Link #177
Chiibi

I like also Shirley and don't really like Rolo myself,.....but I don't believe people should be punished for having different opinions. That's just very ignorant...
Old 2010-03-08, 22:26   Link #178
Roloko vi Britannia
The Dark Empress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animelover#1 View Post
There are a lot of faggots on the internet. It may seem obvious but just ignore them. Or if you can come up a witty and clever response then that can sometimes shut them up
I do ignore them most of the time I was just saying how strange it was for all of them to be men it wouldn't be so strange if a couple of women were to also join in. Well I'm not very good with coming up with good responses most of the time hehehe

Old 2010-03-09, 18:16   Link #179
Envy
Band Nerd ♥
*Graphic Designer

Toddler Lambo from Katekyo Hitman REBORN!

He makes Naruto look like a non-annoying character.

Come to think of it a lot of the characters in KHR! can be annoying... Probably because the running gags got old a long time ago.

But hey, nothing tops Toddler Lambo, and you could never understand the massive disappointment I went through when
Spoiler for Spoiler for early future arc, just in case it is necessary:

“The only thing that will stop you from fulfilling your dreams is you.”
Envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-09, 20:36   Link #180
Guernsey
The GAP Man

Send a message via AIM to Guernsey Send a message via MSN to Guernsey Send a message via Yahoo to Guernsey
And then there is Light Yagami, he is a twisted bastard but Light fans think he is a saint.

L is not twisted as Light but his knight templat tendencies tend to be fairly cruel, he is willing to do anything to get Light.

Nanoha and co. may not go through much angst but sstill how can they be so accepting of everything? At least have soem genuinely bad villain or some charactrer death, something to show me that they are just human and not demigoddesses.