AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-28, 01:09   Link #301
haiz123321
Obey me world!
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
From all the anime I've watched... THIS IS THE MOST PATHETIC ENDING EVER!!!

Even though this is just an anime, being happy cause someone is dead is NOT civil at all, so if one day a serial rapist dies, everyone in the world would be having parties to celebrate his death? Even if he's a rapist it is still a LIFE and LIVES are not something that goes away and everyone celebrates it whether that life was good or bad.

I didn't agree with two people dying and even with the censorship, they ruined this anime PERFECTLY, at first I thought maybe he would come clear with both of them and then finally pick one but no, they just had to use two game endings to make one anime ending, same as someone mentioned, I gave this a one because i couldn't find a zero

If you feel offended by this, my apologies
__________________

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release

Last edited by haiz123321; 2007-09-28 at 03:36.
haiz123321 is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:25   Link #302
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Mt. Ordeals
^
Exactly my point, on two different occasions.

One is that life is the most sacred thing IMO. I myself won't nor will ever approve of the death sentence. And to an extent, abortion as well. (though really, I'm too lazy to campaign against either) And I certainly don't approve of death even on the biggest <insert number here>-timing prick on the planet.

And two is that to a lot of people the ending will be tasteless. I myself can only rate it so highly because I love psycho moe, I love bloody endings (ironic no? I call it catharsis), and I love high drama. But to the average viewer? Take out the bloody ending and they'll rate this show above average at best, since the plot REALLY is just so-so. Put in the ending, and you'll get someone whos disgusted by it.
__________________

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:31   Link #303
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Finally had the guts (no pun intended) to watch the episode.

This is not even close to the level of Elfen Lied. Not sure why this episode was even delayed
Nvis is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:32   Link #304
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 29
geee... i can't keep up with the speed in this thread lawl, well i get my answer, makoto said sekai with his last breath.

Anyway, regarding what haiz said, its true that even if someone is a criminal, it is not correct to kill him off, but well lets just say i'm one of the biased (if u want it that way) person who give this episode a 10 because i see what i want to see in the end, well to each own opinion i guess = ) i love the end because ended up with makoto and sekai dead, and u dont like the end and give it one (or zero if there is the option), cheers mate
Joachim is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:37   Link #305
Joachim
et tu, brute?
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Perth WA
Age: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Finally had the guts (no pun intended) to watch the episode.

This is not even close to the level of Elfen Lied. Not sure why this episode was even delayed
i'm glad during elfen lied air time there were no real life killing that affect the series, lol i would be chocking myself if the blood in elfen lied turned to black, there is just too many blood there

well anyway can someone confirm whether the story that during the screening (the uncut version) that the blood is red, more stabbing sequence instead of flashback, and the showing of makoto's severed head,and a SFX when kotonoha is playing doctor with sekai's stomach is true or not? call me bloodlust but i think during stabbing and killing moment there is not enough SFX , only makoto's disturbing *blargh voice can be heard (for like 2 seconds?)
Joachim is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:40   Link #306
Rembr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
From all the anime I've watched... THIS IS THE MOST PATHETIC ENDING EVER!!!

The only reason this episode can get a 10 from the vote is cause of the biased people who hates Makoto and if he dies, they give the rating a 10 which is what the developers want regardless whether they think the ending was nice or not. Around 80% of the people watching just wanted Makoto dead, not caring for the storyline so they created a gory, bloody ending to statisfy the viewer's bloodlust while ignoring content.

Even though this is just an anime, being happy cause someone is dead is NOT civil at all, so if one day a serial rapist dies, everyone in the world would be having parties to celebrate his death? Even if he's a rapist it is still a LIFE and LIVES are not something that goes away and everyone celebrates it whether that life was good or bad.

I didn't agree with two people dying and even with the censorship, they ruined this anime PERFECTLY, at first I thought maybe he would come clear with both of them and then finally pick one but no, they just had to use two game endings to make one anime ending, same as someone mentioned, I gave this a one because i couldn't find a zero

If you feel offended by this, suck it up
Er, maybe you should suck it up a bit too, no?

Inability to differentiate between real life and anime is a pretty scary trait...
Rembr is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:44   Link #307
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
From all the anime I've watched... THIS IS THE MOST PATHETIC ENDING EVER!!!

The only reason this episode can get a 10 from the vote is cause of the biased people who hates Makoto and if he dies, they give the rating a 10 which is what the developers want regardless whether they think the ending was nice or not. Around 80% of the people watching just wanted Makoto dead, not caring for the storyline so they created a gory, bloody ending to statisfy the viewer's bloodlust while ignoring content.

Even though this is just an anime, being happy cause someone is dead is NOT civil at all, so if one day a serial rapist dies, everyone in the world would be having parties to celebrate his death? Even if he's a rapist it is still a LIFE and LIVES are not something that goes away and everyone celebrates it whether that life was good or bad.

I didn't agree with two people dying and even with the censorship, they ruined this anime PERFECTLY, at first I thought maybe he would come clear with both of them and then finally pick one but no, they just had to use two game endings to make one anime ending, same as someone mentioned, I gave this a one because i couldn't find a zero

If you feel offended by this, suck it up
Well, I voted 10 because of the fact they made the pregnancy ambiguous. That was in a way, the ultimate "shocker" for me/

As for Makoto coming out clear, it's nearly impossible at this point, given how many times he swtiched back and forth between the two heroines, while managing to fuck several girls on the side. Also, if you consdier how "idealistic" Konohata was, and add in the "selfishness" of Sekai, this could not simply be clear cut.

No, I don't "hate" Makoto, nor do I "like" his death, but given the sequence of events in this anime series, one could say that such an ending is the most logical one, abid a horrible one.

Try thinking about WHY the ending happened, before bashing it by saying 'It's FANSERVICE!"
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:45   Link #308
Major1138
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Holy crap. That was just nuts. They've all gone off the deep end. Both Sekai and Kotonoha. Right from the get-go, you knew something messed up was going to happen. I'm not sure what to think of this episode, but it was certainly memorable, if only for the fact that right from the first scene you know that they've all gone completely nuts, and everything else that happens just follows from that.
Major1138 is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:51   Link #309
zheny
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
From all the anime I've watched... THIS IS THE MOST PATHETIC ENDING EVER!!!

The only reason this episode can get a 10 from the vote is cause of the biased people who hates Makoto and if he dies, they give the rating a 10 which is what the developers want regardless whether they think the ending was nice or not. Around 80% of the people watching just wanted Makoto dead, not caring for the storyline so they created a gory, bloody ending to statisfy the viewer's bloodlust while ignoring content.

Even though this is just an anime, being happy cause someone is dead is NOT civil at all, so if one day a serial rapist dies, everyone in the world would be having parties to celebrate his death? Even if he's a rapist it is still a LIFE and LIVES are not something that goes away and everyone celebrates it whether that life was good or bad.

I didn't agree with two people dying and even with the censorship, they ruined this anime PERFECTLY, at first I thought maybe he would come clear with both of them and then finally pick one but no, they just had to use two game endings to make one anime ending, same as someone mentioned, I gave this a one because i couldn't find a zero

If you feel offended by this, suck it up
If every anime is like how real life is, how everyone should follow the law and BS stuff like that then i will never watch anime again. because every anime will be a happy ending where the char lives happy ever after... screw that shit.

yes we are biased and we love the end, why? because is nothing original is something different what we long for. something thats extreme and excites us. not one of your boring happy civil BS ending.
zheny is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:53   Link #310
Cruel
Spiff'd Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
The thread is still going strong! Hahah! Well, to be honest I wanted like only 1 person to die or go crazy. I was hoping that was a side character like Nanami or someone but it wasn't. I was just hoping it was straying from the obvious KILL MAKOTO!

I'm not dissapointed. The episode was very entertaining. I was just hoping for a little more of a realistic ending I guess. But like most of the viewers, I gave up on it! xD
Cruel is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:53   Link #311
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 28
Just a request: Will people please write clearly? Reading fragmented sentences with misspellings hurts my eyes.
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:54   Link #312
friedbacon
Pantsy Shot Character
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
woah1

Woah! That was one of the best and most disturbing anime endings ever!

Spoiler:
I've watched the episode with a friend of mine and we shouted "holy s$it@!" a couple of times. I just can't believe they could show this on national TV.
__________________
friedbacon is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 01:58   Link #313
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyok View Post
I initially rooted for Sekai and didn't care too much for Kotonoha until she was being treated horribly. It's easy to see they made it out as though Sekai and Makoto was really in love, however that wasn't the case. Obviously, Makoto was about having fun, maybe too much.
The more I think about it; the blame seems to point towards Sekai. It's fact that she betrayed both Setsuna and Kotonoha. The anime notions that Sekai could be lying about being pregnant; and for very good reasons. To keep other girls away and trap Makoto, even though Sekai wasn't mad enough to kill him except when he went back to Kotonoha.

It seems to me that Kotonoha is portrayed in this version as the innocent / faithful / virtuous girl that wins out in the end. It's ironic and tragic that the girl Makoto treated so poorly turns out to be the true love.

If the sub translation is correct and Makoto does say "Thank Goodness" with his last breath, it could be argued that he found out she isn't pregnant? Which seems to cause Sekai to come out of her rage.

At the begining Makoto really was in Love with Sekai and also during the whole series Sekai was in love with Makoto. Makoto suddenly started acting like a loser during the series.

Well i dont know why you say that she betrayed Kotohana. It was Makoto that went and pushed her to be his girlfriend. So if any one is betraying, Its MAKOTO. and for Setsuna if you watch the seat exchange episode, you could see that Sekai had forgotten about Setsuna liking Makoto and also in the last episode when you see the flashback of them talking about Makoto, Setsuna doesnt really say She likes him. So no she didnt betray any one.

Kotohana CHEATED on Makoto. If any one was faithfull to Makoto, it was Sekai. And Also i agree with you that Kotohana loved Makoto alot, But i think Sekai loved him even more. In my opinion Makoto loved Sekai more than Kotonaha( for the reasoning behind this please also look at the next part).

It could also be argued that he was glad that she didnt abort his/her kid. In my opinion Makoto loved Sekai alot more than Kotohana. When he was cleaning the food, he was telling himself how much he loved Sekai and wanted to hold and touch her. Then he( indirectly) regrets as why he gave into his desires and did all those horible things to her. I think the only reason Makoto told Sekai that she loved Kotohana was out of feeling guilty about it. I mean remeber kotohana said she was the ONE that seduced Makoto to fall in love with her ( THATS NOT TRUE). Makoto pushed for her being hisgirl friend. As you watch the episode the instance Kotohana sais that Sekai seduced makoto, Makoto's expression changed. So i feel its more out of guilt rather than love for her. Makoto loved Sekai more and he was glad that the baby wasnt aborted.

Well at least all of these are how i saw the episode. People might agree or disagree with it of course.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:02   Link #314
Cruel
Spiff'd Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Post

Kotonoha never cheated on Makoto... Poor Kotonoha freakin stood by that beast called Makoto and continued to love him.
Cruel is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:03   Link #315
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
Kotonoha never cheated...
She slept with Taisuke. I count that as cheating.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:04   Link #316
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
[Kotohana CHEATED on Makoto. If any one was faithfull to Makoto, it was Sekai. And Also i agree with you that Kotohana loved Makoto alot, But i think Sekai loved him even more. In my opinion Makoto loved Sekai more than Kotonaha( for the reasoning behind this please also look at the next part).
Cheated? If you're refering to what happened at the Cultural Festival (which was practically a rape), you're talking nonsense.
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:04   Link #317
Cruel
Spiff'd Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
She slept with Taisuke. I count that as cheating.
SHE WAS RAPED... That was not her choice!
Cruel is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:06   Link #318
Cogwheim
Former Immortal, Future:
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Age: 27
Send a message via AIM to Cogwheim
I'm not as dumb as Makoto, but I would have, roughly, made the same decisions as he did throughout the anime. All he was trying to do was get a little action. Have a little fun. Wasn't trying to get caught up in all this drama. And then BAM! Gets stabbed repeatedly until he dies. That's wrong. Just wrong.
__________________
---K Millz

(Pretend that was handwritten in an ornate, cursive fashion, perhaps using a fountain pen. So there you have it. My signature.)
Cogwheim is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:07   Link #319
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwheim View Post
I'm not as dumb as Makoto, but I would have, roughly, made the same decisions as he did throughout the anime. All he was trying to do was get a little action. Have a little fun. Wasn't trying to get caught up in all this drama. And then BAM! Gets stabbed repeatedly until he dies. That's wrong. Just wrong.
So, you're going to sleep around with other girls while keeping up the face that you're the "boyfriend" with Konohata?
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:09   Link #320
Cruel
Spiff'd Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogwheim View Post
I'm not as dumb as Makoto, but I would have, roughly, made the same decisions as he did throughout the anime. All he was trying to do was get a little action. Have a little fun. Wasn't trying to get caught up in all this drama. And then BAM! Gets stabbed repeatedly until he dies. That's wrong. Just wrong.
What happened to being faithful? Being thankful? Makoto's actions were disgusting! He let his urges take full control. At the end I did notice somewhat of a small change. He made that very minute change way too late!

You have to think about how your partner feels. You can't be inconsiderate of them.
Cruel is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 22:17.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.