AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days - Episode 12 [END] Rating
Perfect 10 231 49.89%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 12.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 38 8.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 30 6.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 10 2.16%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 1.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 11 2.38%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 1.08%
1 out of 10 : Painful 62 13.39%
Voters: 463. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 2007-09-28, 02:12   Link #321
hipeach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
From all the anime I've watched... THIS IS THE MOST PATHETIC ENDING EVER!!!

The only reason this episode can get a 10 from the vote is cause of the biased people who hates Makoto and if he dies, they give the rating a 10 which is what the developers want regardless whether they think the ending was nice or not. Around 80% of the people watching just wanted Makoto dead, not caring for the storyline so they created a gory, bloody ending to statisfy the viewer's bloodlust while ignoring content.

Even though this is just an anime, being happy cause someone is dead is NOT civil at all, so if one day a serial rapist dies, everyone in the world would be having parties to celebrate his death? Even if he's a rapist it is still a LIFE and LIVES are not something that goes away and everyone celebrates it whether that life was good or bad.

I didn't agree with two people dying and even with the censorship, they ruined this anime PERFECTLY, at first I thought maybe he would come clear with both of them and then finally pick one but no, they just had to use two game endings to make one anime ending, same as someone mentioned, I gave this a one because i couldn't find a zero

If you feel offended by this, suck it up
oh, so you want School Days to end up a generic lame harem show? there are enough generic lame harem shows out there, enough for you to waste your entire life watching them and still more. one of the beauty of School Days is to show how harems should really end up in the end!

If you feel offended by School Days for bursting your harem bubble, go watch some other lame harem shows.

And your logic doesn't make sense, there are always tons of villains in anime, movie, game, novel, whatnot die and people cheers. Should people feel sad for Palpatine when he got killed?
__________________
"i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
hipeach is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:14   Link #322
Nvis
Grumpy Senior
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Kotohana CHEATED on Makoto. If any one was faithfull to Makoto, it was Sekai. And Also i agree with you that Kotohana loved Makoto alot, But i think Sekai loved him even more. In my opinion Makoto loved Sekai more than Kotonaha( for the reasoning behind this please also look at the next part).
Makoto only loved Sekai as a whore/slut. And Sekai admitted allowing him to do whatever he wants with her to be his "girlfriend".Not what I would call true love.


And Sekai not going to the doctor to confirm her pregnancy does give me doubt whether she was pregnant at all. Damn writers keep us guessing.
Nvis is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:15   Link #323
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
From all the anime I've watched... THIS IS THE MOST PATHETIC ENDING EVER!!!

The only reason this episode can get a 10 from the vote is cause of the biased people who hates Makoto and if he dies, they give the rating a 10 which is what the developers want regardless whether they think the ending was nice or not. Around 80% of the people watching just wanted Makoto dead, not caring for the storyline so they created a gory, bloody ending to statisfy the viewer's bloodlust while ignoring content.

Even though this is just an anime, being happy cause someone is dead is NOT civil at all, so if one day a serial rapist dies, everyone in the world would be having parties to celebrate his death? Even if he's a rapist it is still a LIFE and LIVES are not something that goes away and everyone celebrates it whether that life was good or bad.

I didn't agree with two people dying and even with the censorship, they ruined this anime PERFECTLY, at first I thought maybe he would come clear with both of them and then finally pick one but no, they just had to use two game endings to make one anime ending, same as someone mentioned, I gave this a one because i couldn't find a zero

If you feel offended by this, suck it up
Says you... Give me a break... this anime actually leads away from the typical old happy endings.

The ending made the story perfect. Because come on... get real... come clear? Are you joking? In a situation like that, he'll never 'come clear'.... Don't even think of it as a possibility. Unless you yourself think like Makoto...

If you want little happy fairytale endings, this anime isn't for you. Perhaps wait for Summer Days or something.
Haruyasha is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:15   Link #324
adamatari
Member
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
I give this a 10 for guts. The producers had enough to create this horrible but fitting ending, and for that I applaud them.

As for Makoto, I don't think he learned anything - the fact that he betrays Sekai (who he's been bonking for half the series) for Kotonoha (who he ran away from when he noticed she was a tiny bit "high maintenence") was really damn low. And on top of it to suggest an abortion indirectly and by text message? Low. Now, on the one hand I don't think it's right to kill people, on the other hand there are people so low that I don't care if they die. I'm not crying for Makoto.

Sekai and Kotonoha I feel sorry for. Both got much worse than they deserved.

For people who complain about storyline and such, this anime stopped being about good storyline pretty early. It's shallow, and it was never meant to be deep. It's great as a sendup of the harem genre though.
adamatari is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:17   Link #325
Darkside
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New York
Send a message via AIM to Darkside
hahahhah this ending was f'd up on so many lvls, i loved it.

Spoiler:
__________________
Darkside is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:17   Link #326
Cruel
Spiff'd Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
If you want little happy fairytale endings, this anime isn't for you. Perhaps wait for Summer Days or something.
So he can rape Kokoro? Hahah... we don't want that...
__________________
Cruel is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:17   Link #327
Rembr
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
http://www.akibablog.net/archives/20...hool_days.html

なお、カジ速さんが紹介されているスクールデイズ最終話がヤバすぎる件についてでは、『試写会は色々グロい 。血は一部ピンク。嘔吐する奴いる。nice boadENDに立ち上がって拍手』・『腹開けたシーンはピンクでした』などを赤文字で紹介されているけど 、この書き込みはウソ。試写会でも血の表現は『黒』だったし、『腹開けたシーン』も黒、バックの中の誠の顔 が見えたりはしなかった。また1回目の試写会では、『嘔吐していた人』は気がつかず、『nic e boadENDに立ち上がって拍手』も無かった。

Although it doesn't go into much detail, it touches on the fact that the screening version of the final episode wasn't different from the aired version. For those of you who were curious about all the hearsay about the "unedited" versions. Well, this is still sort of hearsay too, so take it however you like.

Edited content post-axeincident was probably just the blood color, nothing else.
Rembr is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:19   Link #328
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
So he can rape Kokoro? Hahah... we don't want that...
Say Cruel, send me a bit of the Kokoro arc Summer Days story. Thanks.
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:19   Link #329
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
So he can rape Kokoro? Hahah... we don't want that...
Tbh... One of the reasons why I got Summer Days was because I wanted to see if it was true...

But my main reason for Summer Days is because I love Setsuna.. she's the best. ;p I loved her ending in School Days... so I had to get Summer Days.
Haruyasha is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:21   Link #330
Cruel
Spiff'd Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Say Cruel, send me a bit of the Kokoro arc Summer Days story. Thanks.
I don't actually have a summary. I just read something myself from the forum.
__________________
Cruel is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:22   Link #331
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
I don't actually have a summary. I just read something myself from the forum.
Okay. Just that I don't have time to play games as much these days.
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:23   Link #332
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Cheated? If you're refering to what happened at the Cultural Festival (which was practically a rape), you're talking nonsense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruel View Post
SHE WAS RAPED... That was not her choice!
I might be wrong but Kotohana didnt seem to resist or say stop. It seemed to me as she let him. Maybe we could ask people who have played the game to elaborate on this as if she was raped or let him to have sex with her.

Also the game and anime might have taken diffrent approaches.

P.S. Since i havent played the game, i can only guess based on what i have seen in the anime. Also if she was raped , Would Taisuke suddenly come out and ask her out the next day?. Based on anime it seemed as if Taisuke thught she had consented to having sex.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:24   Link #333
hipeach
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamatari View Post
I give this a 10 for guts. The producers had enough to create this horrible but fitting ending, and for that I applaud them.

As for Makoto, I don't think he learned anything - the fact that he betrays Sekai (who he's been bonking for half the series) for Kotonoha (who he ran away from when he noticed she was a tiny bit "high maintenence") was really damn low. And on top of it to suggest an abortion indirectly and by text message? Low. Now, on the one hand I don't think it's right to kill people, on the other hand there are people so low that I don't care if they die. I'm not crying for Makoto.

Sekai and Kotonoha I feel sorry for. Both got much worse than they deserved.

For people who complain about storyline and such, this anime stopped being about good storyline pretty early. It's shallow, and it was never meant to be deep. It's great as a sendup of the harem genre though.
Like I said many times already, as long as you followed the whole series, Sekai the backstabbing psycho bitch deserves to get buthered all the way
__________________
"i'm going to become rich and famous after i invent a device that allows you to stab people in the face over the internet"
hipeach is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:27   Link #334
Cruel
Spiff'd Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I might be wrong but Kotohana didnt seem to resist or say stop. It seemed to me as she let him. Maybe we could ask people who have played the game to elaborate on this as if she was raped or let him to have sex with her.

Also the game and anime might have taken diffrent approaches.
She's in too much of a shock to even know most of what's going on. She's like a doll. She can't say anything. She's breaking down in that scene. It's like being impared by alcohol. She can't have a free choice. Taisuke just takes advantage of her then!
__________________
Cruel is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:27   Link #335
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington
Age: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I might be wrong but Kotohana didnt seem to resist or say stop. It seemed to me as she let him. Maybe we could ask people who have played the game to elaborate on this as if she was raped or let him to have sex with her.

Also the game and anime might have taken diffrent approaches.
I don't recall a scene like that from the game during the bonfire dance...

There is a Kotonoha rape scene... but it was done by Makoto on a crowded train.


Anyways, the reason she doesn't resist is because she was in shock of what just happened I guess... While in denial in her mind... she didn't pay attention to what was happening outside.
Haruyasha is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:28   Link #336
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
I might be wrong but Kotohana didnt seem to resist or say stop. It seemed to me as she let him. Maybe we could ask people who have played the game to elaborate on this as if she was raped or let him to have sex with her.

Also the game and anime might have taken diffrent approaches.
So, by your logic, I can bang a girl who can't resist without being considered a rapist? A emotionally broken person could find it hard to actually resist when they're trying to make sense of their world. Stop saying that "letting him in" automatically makes the person "willing."
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:29   Link #337
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haruyasha View Post
I don't recall a scene like that from the game during the bonfire dance...

There is a Kotonoha rape scene... but it was done by Makoto on a crowded train.
that what i am trying to say. Anime and the game are diffrent. Anime is originated from the game but that doesnt mean they are exactly the same.

Since i havent played the game, i can only guess based on what i have seen in the anime. Also if she was raped , Would Taisuke suddenly come out and ask her out the next day?. Based on anime it seemed as if Taisuke thught she had consented to having sex.
__________________
Whitemoon648 is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:32   Link #338
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Korea
Age: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
that what i am trying to say. Anime and the game are diffrent. Anime is originated from the game but that doesnt mean they are exactly the same.

Since i havent played the game, i can only guess based on what i have seen in the anime. Also if she was raped , Would Taisuke suddenly come out and ask her out the next day?. Based on anime it seemed as if Taisuke thught she had consented to having sex.
Yes, but this goes along for the anime as well: Konohata never said yes, and when you consider how dull a person Taisuke was, it's obvious that he would take non-resistence as "Yes." In a way, he's the perfect example of a clueless boy who "thinks" he knows what the girl is thinking.
Kang Seung Jae is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:36   Link #339
Haruyasha
名前は?
*Scanlator
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Washington
Age: 25
Well.. knowing Kotonoha's mental instability, perhaps when she saw Makoto and Sekai dancing, she became depressed and got the feeling that she lost everything... or the betrayed feeling.. thus making her think like 'i don't care what happens to me now... i just wanna die'.
Haruyasha is offline  
Old 2007-09-28, 02:36   Link #340
Spastic_Hobo
Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
So, by your logic, I can bang a girl who can't resist without being considered a rapist? A emotionally broken person could find it hard to actually resist when they're trying to make sense of their world. Stop saying that "letting him in" automatically makes the person "willing."
And by your logic when I go home and pork a fat chick cause I'm too drunk to know better, she's actually raping me?
__________________
Spastic_Hobo is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.