AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Notices

Old 2009-12-04, 01:40   Link #901
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

Well I didn't get that either, and I finished it, so a'ok XD
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-04, 01:44   Link #902
mammothb
ここここのバカ犬!!!

Send a message via MSN to mammothb
huh..... i shall keep trying, if i some how manage to get it i guess i will post it here:/
Old 2009-12-07, 13:11   Link #903
nekokitty7

I don't quite understand what was the deal with the girl in the other world and the robot. What connection do they have exactly? I kind of get it, but I'm confused on some details. (I've only seen the anime and I haven't played the game yet btw)

And also, in the anime, what allowed Tomoya to go back and have another chance with Nagisa? Why at that particular moment?

Thanks for any help!!
nekokitty7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 13:17   Link #904
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokitty7 View Post
I don't quite understand what was the deal with the girl in the other world and the robot. What connection do they have exactly? I kind of get it, but I'm confused on some details. (I've only seen the anime and I haven't played the game yet btw)

And also, in the anime, what allowed Tomoya to go back and have another chance with Nagisa? Why at that particular moment?

Thanks for any help!!
Try here, and see if the discussion there helps your line of thought.
Old 2009-12-07, 14:26   Link #905
nekokitty7

^Thank you so much for the link!! I'll take a look at it.
Old 2009-12-29, 20:22   Link #906
nekokitty7

I'm not sure if this needs a spoiler tag, but

Spoiler for end of After Story:

Thanks for any help.
Old 2009-12-30, 02:31   Link #907
mammothb
ここここのバカ犬!!!

From what i've read from other sites, forums, the game and the anime, it was not explicitly explained, only speculations
Old 2009-12-30, 11:42   Link #908
Trythos

Okay guys I need your help. Thanks to bloody wikipedia, I may have accidentally spoiled myself... I'm currently at After Story episode 6 and I found out two things while trying to trawl through wikipedia for when the current story arc ends.
Spoiler for After Story:

Spoiler for After Story:

Now for all those who have finished watching...

Please... PLEASE tell me those two facts arent story-breaking. Thanks!
Old 2009-12-30, 12:16   Link #909
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trythos View Post
Spoiler for After Story:

Spoiler for After Story:

Now for all those who have finished watching...

Please... PLEASE tell me those two facts arent story-breaking. Thanks!
I could say a lot more but that might well only spoil it more for you but for your specific questions...
Spoiler for After Story:
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 12:22   Link #910
Trythos

Haha no worries there, like hell I aint gonna finish it. Thanks then, i'm very sure i'm still gonna enjoy it lots.
Old 2009-12-30, 17:16   Link #911
Kariko

Hi there, I was planning to watch Clannad over the winter break and Kanon and Air are also on my watch list. But then I heard that I should watch Clannad after Kanon because if I watch it first, I might compare the two as I watch Kanon and set my expectations too high. Also, would that mean I should watch Air before Kanon based just on production date?

Is there an order I should watch the KEY productions in for the greatest impact?

I'm afraid to do more research in fear of spoilers everywhere. Dx
Kariko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-30, 17:28   Link #912
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kariko View Post
Hi there, I was planning to watch Clannad over the winter break and Kanon and Air are also on my watch list. But then I heard that I should watch Clannad after Kanon because if I watch it first, I might compare the two as I watch Kanon and set my expectations too high. Also, would that mean I should watch Air before Kanon based just on production date?

Is there an order I should watch the KEY productions in for the greatest impact?

I'm afraid to do more research in fear of spoilers everywhere. Dx
In a word: No. You should go in fresh to each, thinking that they're all different. Some people like Kanon best, others CLANNAD, others AIR. Don't let other people's opinion sway you. Watch them in any order you please, and enjoy them well.
Old 2009-12-30, 18:00   Link #913
Kariko

Hmm, okay, I'll go with my original plan then. I really wanted to watch Clannad more then the other ones atm anyways. The last thing I want would be to watch em just to get through it.

Since I know portions of what happens in AIR from watching slight bits over my cousins shoulder when I was younger, I'll probably save it for later on.

Thanks! ^^

Edit: Actually, I might go watch Kanon first now that I found out that there's going to be a Clannad Bluray release in April. xP
Old 2009-12-30, 20:13   Link #914
mammothb
ここここのバカ犬!!!

personally i've watched only kanon and clannad, and i watched kanon after clannad. it was quite hard not to compare as the drawings and character design are similar and some of the characters' personality are alike. however even though i watched clannad first, i was not disappointed with kanon(unlike what others say). just that i wasn't that satisfied with how kanon ended(but then your opinion may be different).

kanon has arcs that are just as touching if not more touching than clannad arcs
Old 2009-12-31, 00:34   Link #915
Kariko

Thanks for your opinion too. Although I decided to watch Kanon first and wait for Clannad BD since I'm a sap for quality. xD
Old 2009-12-31, 03:41   Link #916
Haak
Forever Alone...

It's hard for me not to compare the three, but not matter how much I do I always end up at a dead end. It's like comparing apples and oranges. They all have their strengths and weakenesses. Somtimes I'd put Air on top, sometimes I'd put Kanon at the top and sometimes I'd put Clannad on top. In the end I just threw my hands up in the air and said all three are equally great.
Old 2010-01-05, 22:17   Link #917
tomas92

I think I need help because I'm quite lost. I just started playing After Story and I took a quick galnce here http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...0&postcount=56 to see in what order I could expect to get the lights and how many times I would have to play it. I saw that Sanae's light is first but I tried with many diferent choices and I always ended up in Yoshino's path, so I decided to restart After Story and follow exactly the choices shown in the FAQ, but this time I instead ended up skipping Yoshino's light and I reached a scene in which I went with Nagisa to visit Tomoya's father, and nothing actually happened when the FAQ said I woulg get Sanae's light.
tomas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-06, 08:17   Link #918
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

You need to enter Akio's route I think.

Isn't that really late?

Hell, I unno. XD
Old 2010-01-06, 12:38   Link #919
tomas92

I don't actually know. I just saw that the walkthrough put Sanae's light in the first of the three runs through After Story so I thought it'd be the first one I would get. In the end I just decided to continue and I skipped it, I already got Yoshino's light and am now in front of the detention center when
Spoiler for After Story:
However I still fear that I might have done something wrong and that I could actually get it then and didn't. Can someone help me with this?
tomas92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-08, 02:30   Link #920
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

When in doubt, save.