AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Clannad

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-21, 19:17   Link #21
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
A character discussion thread would be more appropiate, I think.
Old 2007-10-21, 21:26   Link #22
boggart
鍵っ子

I think that a character thread should be started soon as well. It seems the character discussions have taken over most of the episode discussions lately.
Old 2007-10-22, 02:00   Link #23
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Sounds good enough to me. Character discussion threads for Tomoya, Nagisa, Kyou and Tomoyo will be created sometime later today. I assume there is no need for other character discussion threads, at least not in this point of time.
Old 2007-10-22, 15:18   Link #24
2H-Dragon
Silent Warrior

Rather then a new thread a suggestion. In the characters discussion threads. It might be nice to have a pic in the first post. There are way to many girls to link all the names. =o
Old 2007-10-22, 15:31   Link #25
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2H-Dragon View Post
Rather then a new thread a suggestion. In the characters discussion threads. It might be nice to have a pic in the first post. There are way to many girls to link all the names. =o
That's a nice idea! Are you volunteering?

In case you are, you can PM me or Skyfall or even the cool Pelli with those pics pertinent to those existing threads for each character, and they will be added.
Old 2007-10-24, 05:37   Link #26
tabun
rawr!

Outcry for help

The whole tsundere discussion is getting out of hand over in the Kyou character discussion thread. I hereby request relief of the thread by creating a thread solely dedicated to a tsundere discussion. We only just saw episode 3 ffs
Old 2007-10-24, 05:43   Link #27
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabun View Post
The whole tsundere discussion is getting out of hand over in the Kyou character discussion thread. I hereby request relief of the thread by creating a thread solely dedicated to a tsundere discussion. We only just saw episode 3 ffs
I disagree, since we're talking about the application of tsundere upon the character Kyou.

However, I admit that things are getting out of hand.
Old 2007-10-24, 07:17   Link #28
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

I support the creation of a new thread for the discussion of Kyou's qualifications as a Tsundere. The "Guess the Gender of the Utawarerumono Twins" thread comes to mind here. A thread that has grown into a monstrosity on the Utawarerumono Subforum, dwarfed only the Image Thread (although at the rate it is still growing, it may actually overtake the Image Thread in time).

While the discussion of whether Kyou is a Tsundere or not is valid character discussion, I fear this single issue threatens to over-dominate other valid topics of discussion.

Cheers.
Old 2007-10-24, 08:01   Link #29
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I would say - "working as intended" I was hoping for the "is Kyou a tsundere" discussion to move to her thread once it was created, thus my expectations have been met It might look like the discussion is taking over the thread, but i largely attribute it to the fact there is not much else to talk about for the moment. Kyou's discussion thread seems like the first place where to discuss aspects of her personality. The discussion seems to be going in circles anyway, so i would say there is no real need for a new thread "is Kyou a tsundere", when people can't even agree to what a "tsundere" really is in the first place. (Looking at the discussion i think we would rather need a thread where to discuss what a tsundere is)
Old 2007-10-24, 08:21   Link #30
xris
Just call me Ojisan
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Looking at the discussion i think we would rather need a thread where to discuss what a tsundere is
There is a thread in General Anime which does discuss it Tsundere
Old 2007-10-26, 11:11   Link #31
tabun
rawr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xris View Post
There is a thread in General Anime which does discuss it Tsundere
Yes, there is, but that would firstly imply anyone entering an argument in the kyou-thread would have read it in in order to avoid repeating arguments, and secondly that noone would be able to reiterate his/her own opinion again in a fresh, brand new thread...

Alas, there really is not much more to discuss about her anyway, I'll give you that much. I just hope that should Kyou's character go beyond that trait and actually begin to be somewhat more interesting, the discussion does not revolve back to that point all over again.

Last edited by tabun; 2007-10-26 at 11:13. Reason: typos
Old 2007-10-26, 15:51   Link #32
Tangowr

Quote:
Sounds good enough to me. Character discussion threads for Tomoya, Nagisa, Kyou and Tomoyo will be created sometime later today. I assume there is no need for other character discussion threads, at least not in this point of time.
You should make one for Fuuko too, if rumor are right, the first arc is hers~
Old 2007-10-26, 16:00   Link #33
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Thread created
Old 2007-10-26, 19:51   Link #34
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

Maybe a bit too much of a fanboy request..but i think Kotomi-chan has already created quite a uproar with her Moe-ful appearances...can we have a Kotomi-chan Fanboy thread???
Old 2007-10-26, 20:18   Link #35
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
Maybe a bit too much of a fanboy request..but i think Kotomi-chan has already created quite a uproar with her Moe-ful appearances...can we have a Kotomi-chan Fanboy thread???
Yeah, i'd say it's about time for Kotomi to have her own thread --- and just my luck that i'm about to go to sleep. ;___;

REMEMBER PEOPLE: A knee turn, followed by a pat pat --- that's my Kotomi, and her lovely knees.
Old 2007-10-26, 23:41   Link #36
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

I third the creation of a Kotomi thread.
Old 2007-10-27, 00:12   Link #37
boggart
鍵っ子

LOL... why not?... since the talk of Kotomi and her moe is taking over the Ep 4 discussion thread...
Old 2007-10-27, 02:09   Link #38
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Thread Created.
Old 2007-10-27, 05:15   Link #39
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Thank you!
Old 2007-10-27, 10:04   Link #40
CrowKenobi
*AnimeSuki Site Staff

Sephi makes this point in the ep 1 thread:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephi View Post
Not to sure were to put this. But there isn't a video quality thread in the Clannad subforum like there is in Gundam 00. So posting it here

Quite happy the widescreen version is released. Did some comparisons. From the looks of it the 4:3 versions have somewhat more vibrant colors than the widescreen version Very notable in the intro. But less notable in the episode itself. Now i'm wondering if it's the encoding or the raw. Since the widescreen version is around the same size as the 4:3 version (170-175mb). Also notice the 4:3 version is slightly sharper, or my eyes are playing tricks on me
Now that the widescreen version has been released, is there need of a video quality thread?

Closed Thread