AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > School Days

Notices

View Poll Results: School Days Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 94 20.84%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 58 12.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 59 13.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 58 12.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 43 9.53%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 27 5.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 14 3.10%
3 out of 10 : Bad 12 2.66%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 8 1.77%
1 out of 10 : Painful 10 2.22%
-1 out of 10: I want the time spent watching this back 68 15.08%
Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2010-08-30, 02:11   Link #281
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
If anything, this series proved that the audience likes indesicive dorks who find sex to be like cancer and girls who forgive the dork no matter if he cheats them. Because, hm, having sex is bad and girls being violent because they hate the guy is unthinkable.
...Yeah, right...

Anyways, 6/10 from me for being rather original.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-30, 20:49   Link #282
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobun View Post
are you a masochist? must be because their is no reason to ever see this pos ever again...

i need a eternal sunshine of the spotless mind, mind purge so i can forget this shit...
I wouldn't call it shit but I could never watch this again. I don't think my heart or mind could take it again.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 04:03   Link #283
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
If anything, this series proved that the audience likes indesicive dorks who find sex to be like cancer and girls who forgive the dork no matter if he cheats them. Because, hm, having sex is bad and girls being violent because they hate the guy is unthinkable.
...Yeah, right...

Anyways, 6/10 from me for being rather original.
Are you serious? You don't have to be an indecisive dork to keep from doing what Makoto did. Having sex isn't the problem, it's his rampant cheating and indifference, especially considering he gets himself emotionally involved with two girls who are clearly in love with him, but can only seem to focus on finding another place to put his dick. He's not even cool or charming about it, he's just desperate, hopeless, and idiotic.

He doesn't even have the charisma to make it seem like he's some sort of alpha male, he's just some fucking idiot that runs into pussy and ruins every relationship he has to get to it. Why would you want to watch an entire anime about that?
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 15:55   Link #284
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Maybe I'm just an angst addict, but I'm always confused whenever people say they hate School Days because of the drama and most of the characters making immoral decisions and slowly self-destructing until they're just bitter, depressed shadows of their former selves. That's what makes the show so good.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 19:45   Link #285
Marcus H.
Hunk o' Burning Love
 
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: the Philippines
Good becomes a subjective word when talking about School Days.
__________________
Marcus' Handpicked!
Summer 2014: Hanayamata, Rail Wars!, Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?, Sabagebu!, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun and Hanamonogatari.
Autumn 2014: Log Horizon S2, Amagi Brilliant Park and Fate/Stay Night (2014).
Excited for Mitou Shoukan://Blood Sign?


Contact me on Wikia, MyAnimeList and Hummingbird.
MyAnimeList Status|| Watching: 36. Completed: 214. Plan to watch: 33.

Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 20:27   Link #286
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
Good and bad are always subjective.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 21:06   Link #287
Dr. Casey
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tennessee
Age: 27
Except with School Days, in which case the word 'good' becomes objective and 'bad' becomes a flat-out lie. Greatest anime ever made, I vote we ban everyone who voted below a 7.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-31, 21:46   Link #288
Mr. Wang
Scholar of Yanderes
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Haramihama
Send a message via Yahoo to Mr. Wang Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Wang
Look, I only expected angst to show, because of the infamous "bad endings" from the Visual Novel. And damn it, they showed a pretty bad ending to this. And not in an unproductive way. It was a dark, and rather tragic story of some innocent people being dragged into a corrupt and completely degrading scenario. As I said, "love" or the illusion of love, brings out the best and worst of us. School Days just delivered a dark and chilling side to high school romance many others would simply leave alone. We can all say that we end up disliking the ending. Hell, I wouldn't watch it again. But that doesn't mean I'll outright disregard its view on telling the story. And School Days is certainly an interesting tale in what it represents. It... simply wouldn't be for the faint of heart, I suppose.

And let's be honest... Would this anime have been made better if it had just been your typical high school romance? I wouldn't think so. And I'm actually into that crap.
__________________
Mr. Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 01:51   Link #289
SJCrew
Anachro-Romeo
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Maybe I'm just an angst addict, but I'm always confused whenever people say they hate School Days because of the drama and most of the characters making immoral decisions and slowly self-destructing until they're just bitter, depressed shadows of their former selves. That's what makes the show so good.
Good shows actually take these kinds of things in a meaningful direction. There are common storyline scenarios where one dude has it all, loses it, and has a life-changing revelation, but...they didn't do anything here. Makoto dies without learning his lesson and no one really learns of what happens, so it's almost as if it didn't happen at all.

Quote:
Would this anime have been made better if it had just been your typical high school romance
That's a loaded question. School Days didn't have to be a 'typical' high school romance, as it had the potential to be unique without being completely fucking horrible. Why they decided to get rid of Setsuna was beyond me, she was the best part of the show.

Last edited by SJCrew; 2010-09-01 at 12:36.
SJCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 04:58   Link #290
coderlan
Student
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Philippines
Just finished rewatching this and I don't have that "first time" feeling... all was NUMB.
coderlan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 05:54   Link #291
roriconfan
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thessaloniki - Greece
Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
Are you serious? You don't have to be an indecisive dork to keep from doing what Makoto did. Having sex isn't the problem, it's his rampant cheating and indifference, especially considering he gets himself emotionally involved with two girls who are clearly in love with him, but can only seem to focus on finding another place to put his dick. He's not even cool or charming about it, he's just desperate, hopeless, and idiotic.
As I said in the previous post, Makoto sort of characters ain't any better than Keitarou (Love Hina main male) type of characters. Both all polarized sides of the same problem. One doesn't care and goes for it, the other doesn't have the balls to do anything significant. Only difference is, Makoto gets trashed by viewers for getting what he deserved, while the Keitarou archetype gets deified for allowing silly shipping wars (not much in Love Hina but in most other harems). And guess what, he also gets what he deserves in the end. He remains a virgin for life, being mistreated by girls as reward (not Keitarou; he gets the girl after the billionth smack down).
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJCrew View Post
He doesn't even have the charisma to make it seem like he's some sort of alpha male, he's just some fucking idiot that runs into pussy and ruins every relationship he has to get to it. Why would you want to watch an entire anime about that?
Oh I see, you dislike him for not getting all the girls to beg for his c0k, like in an average eroge. I see, he wasn't a fUk stud. He was unlike the norm, a loser who gets some pUsi. Terrible break of stereotypes there.
So the only issue here is most viewers not liking Makoto for being a not-good-hearted-character or a fUk stud. Which is silly because most interesting anime characters are not the boy scout types of old cartoons and not put to death stereotypes.

Let's be honest; Makoto gets trashed, and along with him this entire anime for the followin reasons:

1) He has sex
2) He is not gay
3) He is not bijin enough
4) He is not a stereotype
5) He gets puninshed in the end (no hopes of getting more of him in a possible sequel)
6) There is no shipping war
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 07:11   Link #292
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: USA
Age: 28
What bothers me so much about School Days is the why it bothers me. It bothers me because it was good. If the anime sucked, I would not have felt the character's struggles, not felt their angst or anything. It is the subject matter and characters that have me hate it so.

For me, School Days is so bad because it is so good.
DragoZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 07:49   Link #293
BetoJR
D-d-don't look!!!
*Artist
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Fortaleza-CE, Brazil
Age: 37
There is a compliment in there, somewhere, I think.
__________________
It's always a great time to immerse yourself in Deculture love!
All hail the Empress!!!

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-01, 17:27   Link #294
kobun
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
this show would have been better if it was a comedy.. with makato having pop up screen show up every time he meet a girl that had three options all of them "put it in"

this show was already horrible, and became even more ridiculous when the threesome happend.. by that time they were just trolling...
kobun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 05:21   Link #295
Eternal_Sin
Useless Human Being
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: nowhere IRL
Unique ending
It's so realistic

10/10
Eternal_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 21:06   Link #296
rebel01
Infractions 100/100
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: C:\WINDOWS\system32
Age: 19
Perfect 10 ..

Spoiler for Why?:
__________________
rebel01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-16, 20:33   Link #297
ricchan23
HTT manager..
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: my home with ricchan...
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to ricchan23
School days...

wtfi'mwatching.jpg.....

it's start with romance which i think it will be a nice story..
but, what the **** i'm watching on episode 5 until 12??

i think makoto deserve to die...
i don't like a man like him....

at last,i saw blood....
i like this anime because the guro scene at the ending......

8/10
ricchan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 02:18   Link #298
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricchan23 View Post
School days...

wtfi'mwatching.jpg.....

it's start with romance which i think it will be a nice story..
but, what the **** i'm watching on episode 5 until 12??

i think makoto deserve to die...
i don't like a man like him....

at last,i saw blood....
i like this anime because the guro scene at the ending......

8/10
What you were watching from episode 5 to 12, was Makoto being a pimp, and getting laid by any girls he can get his hands on before dying by a Yandere
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-22, 01:03   Link #299
ricchan23
HTT manager..
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: my home with ricchan...
Age: 22
Send a message via MSN to ricchan23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
What you were watching from episode 5 to 12, was Makoto being a pimp, and getting laid by any girls he can get his hands on before dying by a Yandere
this thing make me sick....
first i thought that makoto will be a nice boy and will forever happy with kotonoha...
but what the hell......
ricchan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-25, 22:33   Link #300
Hooves
♣~Sleepy~♣
*Author
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Xanadu
Age: 20
Send a message via Skype™ to Hooves
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricchan23 View Post
this thing make me sick....
first i thought that makoto will be a nice boy and will forever happy with kotonoha...
but what the hell......
Its creepy what guys think most of the times.. But Makoto went completely off the path of manhood in this anime.
__________________
MyAnimeList (Hoovesahoy)
Avatar from: Hooves
Signature from: Patchy
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:58.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.