AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-06, 08:48   Link #21
Mef

ok I watched the raw and I'm definately going to follow this show
me likey

Amu's voice, her seiyu Itou Kanae seems to be a newcomer, sounds like a deeper Hanazawa Kana to me.

the ED was kinda strange, after hearing the live version where you could clearly distinguish airi's , momoko's and miyabi's voices (well, at least as a fan of c-ute and berryz you could ) but in the studio-version they sound like one.. sounds quite artificial "
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:02   Link #22
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
WOW, I am impressed! Unlike with Kamichama Karin, Pony Canon has managed to capture the atmosphere of the manga perfectly. The artwork and animation are very lovely! I especially like how everyone's hair is nice and shiny! The seiyuu are good too! And I do like the ending theme a lot. It's nice to finally see shoujo being treated well!
Old 2007-10-06, 13:13   Link #23
itzfurrball

Send a message via ICQ to itzfurrball Send a message via AIM to itzfurrball Send a message via Yahoo to itzfurrball
Quote:
Originally Posted by the.Merines View Post
i was happy with the fuzzy, cutesy, everything pink-ness. No pantsu, no ecchi, little to no loli... Lacking such things is good. :P
no pantsu? you're better off than me, I was looking at Ran's half the show XD granted she's a chibi and chibi have short skirts... okay, why am I elaborating on this?
itzfurrball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:00   Link #24
Kaoru Chujo
Minase Inori

I know it's aimed at ten-year-olds, but wow was it fun. I've never seen the manga, but I liked how just about all the characters were done. Itou Kanae (Amu) sounds a little awkward to me, perhaps because she's newish, but I really love the timbre of her voice. And the story set-up worked for me. This one could be a sleeper. But then again, I watched 30 eps of Kirarin Revolution, so your mileage may vary.

I especially loved the OP and ED. I like both Berryz Koubou and C-ute (the groups three of whose members form Buono), and it sounds like Buono is the best of them. I think that's the best early-teen idol-pop I've ever heard. (The group names are linked to their videos on YouTube.)

The show seems to have a very good heart. We'll see how they take it forward. Here's a pic of Itou Kanae. She's 20, and works for Aoni, one of the biggest seiyuu agencies. She had a role in Bakegyamon, and has been in two idol units I've never heard of: Rirachicchi and Koecchi. She also has her own photo blog. Here's her agency page.

MINASE Inori 水瀬いのり age 18. 2010 Occult Academy (Akari). 2011 Uta no Prince-sama 1000% (students). 2012 Nukko (Sumire), Symphogear (minor roles). 2013 Love Lab (Suzu), Super Seisyun Brothers (Kohara Shiyo). 2014 Robot Girls Z (Gre-chan), Nobunaga The Fool (Chibihane, Toku), Black Bullet (Mibu), Is the order a rabbit? (Chino), Sugar Soldier (Kisaragi Makoto), Gargantia OVA (Rima), Locodol (Mirai), Aldnoah.Zero (Eddelrittuo), Sora no Method (Noel).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | summer 2014 previews | summer 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: | Mahouka Koukou | Glasslip | Tokyo Ghoul | Sailor Moon Crystal | Locodol | Ao Haru Ride | Hanayamata | Aldnoah.Zero | Nozaki-kun | Magimoji Rurumo | Zankyou no Terror | Tokyo ESP | Rokujouma no Shinryakusha | Love Stage!! | Jinsei | Rail Wars | Blade Dance | Himegoto

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-06 at 15:30.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 16:27   Link #25
Lunacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mef View Post
I don't know how you can say that her voice is too deep
she isn't really a cute character so why should she have a high voice?
I think it's a normal voice for a girl her age
My thoughts exactly. I had imagined Amu's voice as not cute, but more of a snob-- or as her admirers would say, "cool and spicy!" :laugh: One minor problem may be that her voice sounds too natural instead of like an actual 'anime character', but I can give her some slack because she is a newcomer. I'm thinking Amu's voice might change just a tad bit as the series continues, accompanying her change in personality.

Aside from questionable vocal performances, I really loved the first episode. If I remember the scenes from the manga correctly, the anime slightly tweaked some of the scenes to add a little more climax. (Nothing drastic and does not affect the story in any way.) This is a good thing because the anime has the potential to become more likable than its manga counterpart. Just for reference, the scenes I am talking about are (please correct me if my memory is wrong):
Spoiler:

Like I said, it is very minor and it dos not affect the story in any way, but I thought it was a nice addition for a little more climax.

I truly cannot wait to continue watching this series. I can't speak for anyone else but the Guardian Charas should be really fun to watch; highly entertaining like Sumomo of Chobits-- upbeat, cute, and funny.
Old 2007-10-07, 03:22   Link #26
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the second half of the first episode is different than the comic book. I've only read part of the comic since i dont want to spoil it for myself, but I did prefer the books version of ikuto the cat.

there is definately alot more romance and intrigue going on in the comic. I like how ikuto always tries to get close to amu and is even bold enough to press his body against hers while looking for the eggs in her pocket in the comic. he does it again in a later chapter (i couldnt help it, i peeked a bit :cry

anyway, he may not be that bad of a guy at all.
i'm starting to like the ending song as much as the opening now. the songs were specifically made for the show, which usually I dont like, but this is one of the greats.

Quote:
I was looking at Ran's half the show XD
comes to mind
Old 2007-10-07, 12:36   Link #27
Chiibi

Quote:
there is definately alot more romance and intrigue going on in the comic. I like how ikuto always tries to get close to amu and is even bold enough to press his body against hers while looking for the eggs in her pocket in the comic. he does it again in a later chapter (i couldnt help it, i peeked a bit :cry
It's only the first ep! They don't get closer until a little later. *looks through manga* Depending on the episode pace, probably not until the third or fourth one. Don't worry though, the pairing definitely has a chance of happening. In fact,
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-07, 12:51   Link #28
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Send a message via Skype™ to Trance
Ok, in short, I downloaded the promo, watched it, became interested then subbed it. So here's the deal, I'm willing to join a group which wants to actively sub it and preferably, the staff is kinda ready to go for it. As you'll probably see in the promo, I've done from getting the Raw------->Encode except typesetting and karaoke timing which I still can't do yet, so I can do some of each. Otherwise, if I can't find a group, I may as well sub it at my own pace which will may take some time because my japanese isn't 100% yet :P or if other people wanted to join, that's acceptable as well. Anyways, if I do pick up the project myself, I'll start creating the mIRC channel for idling and stuff like that. Ok, enough talking and here's the torrent, enjoy! I know I did, and if you got any comments, please feel free to leave them here whether they are compliments or complaints

Shugo Chara! Promo Torrent

Group: Willing To Fansub (WTF)
Contact: PM me here or email at: neji.777@gmail.com ( I check my e-mail about 3 times a day)
IRC Contact: Zizu, Zizu|Away, Zizu|ZzZ @Rizon (Most of the time, it's one of those 3 names )

One last note, groups with other good projects as well or experienced groups are greatly preferred. Please contact me if you got any questions. Thank you

Last edited by Trance; 2007-10-07 at 13:13. Reason: Re-edited post
Trance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-07, 13:29   Link #29
Slice of Life
eyewitness

I've seen the raw and I'm glad that this won't get away unsubbed. So thank you.
Old 2007-10-07, 13:37   Link #30
Angel-chan

Send a message via MSN to Angel-chan Send a message via Skype™ to Angel-chan
Shugo Chara!

Alternative title:
しゅごキャラ! (Japanese)

Genres: Shoujo, Supernatural

Summary:
Every person Hinamori Amu knows thinks she's the coolest girl they know. Except the fact that behind everyone she hides her true feelings. One morning when she wakes up, she comes across three eggs called "Guardian Characters." These Guardian Characters help her find out that her true personality isn't that bad, and that her real personality is cool to.
Everyone at Seiyo Elementary thinks Hinamori Amu is the coolest girl in class. But, she's nothing like that. Amu's actually a very shy girl who wishes to have courage to truly be herself. One morning, she found three mysterious, little eggs in her bed. Each egg contains a "Guardian Character". These guardians are angel-like beings that can give a human a certain power to change their abilities. With help help from these Guardian Characters, Amu will discover that her true self is even more amazing than she ever dreamed.

Opening Theme:
#1: "Kokoro no Tamago (こころのたまご)" by Buono!
Ending Theme:
#1: "Honto no Jibun (ホントのじぶん)" by Buono!

Episode One Summary

OP and ED Video on Youtube

Pics:

Old 2007-10-07, 13:43   Link #31
Asrialys

Yay for Shugo Chara! Love the manga (and Peach-Pit). Only four volumes though

Hm...I think they made the show a bit childish. At least more so than the manga. Doubt we'll see Ikuto doing any sort of unnecessary touching with Amu, like in the manga. Can't wait to see the other Guardian Characters
Old 2007-10-07, 14:38   Link #32
yupyupyup

I like Peach-pit designs and storyline but their stories have never ended satisfactorily to readers (Rozen Maiden, Dears). Same goes for their manga-based anime (Dears, Zombie Loan). I'll give this series a try tho.
yupyupyup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-08, 14:22   Link #33
Srin Tuar
無謀

cute, hopefull not just another magical girl based show.
(at least they arent fighting monster of the week, etc)

I'll keep watching to see what happens between the protagonist and the prince she confessed to.
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-09, 01:00   Link #34
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

So anyone got the obligatory transform sequence?
Old 2007-10-10, 04:08   Link #35
SSJiffy
AWWWSOME

I own both the Del Rey released Shugo Chara! mangas and I noticed slight differenced between the manga and the anime. I don't have any gripes about it though, I actually prefer change in the developments for anime adaptations. It gives us manga-first people something to keep us on our toes and entertained like the anime-first people. Mad <3 to flying Amu.

I didn't get the feel that this show was meant for a pre-teen viewing audience only. I enjoyed it and sounds like a lot of you did as well. But anyway, is there any chance of Shugo Chara! becoming it's own stickied series like Clannad TV or Higurashi or is it too much of a sleeper to be stickied?
Old 2007-10-10, 13:38   Link #36
Angel-chan

Send a message via MSN to Angel-chan Send a message via Skype™ to Angel-chan

Old 2007-10-10, 15:17   Link #37
Chiibi

My group is hoping to release episode one tomorrow or the next day.
Old 2007-10-10, 16:43   Link #38
Seiryuu

Just watched a little bit of this and I immediately one thing that always annoys me in animation. Has it become popular these days to just draw a static pattern and have it visible wherever the right fabric is? It doesn't even look like fabric, doesn't adjust to the frame it's around or even to movement. Frankly, this distracts me more than almost any small animation/effect trick. Is it really that difficult to draw a plaid that moves and folds?
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-10, 18:31   Link #39
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈΈ is the Best !!

Send a message via MSN to The Chaos
I liked the 1 ep The girl is so much cute her name was

amu-chan I love her...............
The Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 09:21   Link #40
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Well that was a really cute first episode...But the fact that its an anime based off of a peachpit story kinda worries me...

Just hope this manages to get a proper ending unlike all of their other efforts.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, magical girl, school life, shoujo