AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Old 2007-10-11, 18:06   Link #41
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
Well that was a really cute first episode...But the fact that its an anime based off of a peachpit story kinda worries me...

Just hope this manages to get a proper ending unlike all of their other efforts.
That what I was afraid of too. But the manga is only four volumes (which totally is uncool), so maybe 13 episode will be enough. So I just hope that it stays along similar lines as the manga. The making-it-more-childish thing is unfortunate, but it works out fine I suppose.
Old 2007-10-11, 18:41   Link #42
Pell14

the chicks in the show is cute but those guys are seriously gay
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 18:49   Link #43
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pell14 View Post
What makes you think that? It is aimed at the female audience, so if they are somewhat unusual then I honestly wouldn't be too surprised. However I wouldn't go as far as saying "gay". "Shoujo-ish" would be the correct term in my opinion.
Old 2007-10-11, 20:14   Link #44
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
ROFL...oh geez...Haha im laughing harder then I really ought to at this statement. I can guess thats been many a poor lads comment the first time they saw males illustrated in the typical shoujo style...

And I'm ok with it being alittle childish honestly...Been awhile since I watched a show aimed at a younger audience and I find it kinda refreshingly simple. Has that unpretentious feel to it I guess.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-11, 23:34   Link #45
Edgewalker
Nani ?

ROFL @ Peach pit paying a random Gaijin to do the opening script.

Like a bad dub except not.
Old 2007-10-12, 00:07   Link #46
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asrialys View Post
But the manga is only four volumes (which totally is uncool), so maybe 13 episode will be enough.
It most certainly isn't! The manga is not over-volume 5 comes out November 20th. I collect the raw tankoubon so I know.
Old 2007-10-12, 00:10   Link #47
dahl_moon
Apathy moe~
*Scanlator

Kinda feels like I'm watching SuperGals! with mahou-shoujo thrown in Lots of scenes that was funny. The protagonist sounds quite mature for a grade school girl (contrary to many modern lolis...). She's also in a quite interesting situation.
Old 2007-10-12, 00:43   Link #48
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

regardless of how long the manga will be, this is probably just a 12 episode series. there may be a season two someday like traumend.

from what I can tell, they are trying to make the show as short as possible, in the tv show everyone starts in the 5th grade class, in the comic it was the 4th. who knows, maybe they will still have a class change though.
Old 2007-10-12, 01:10   Link #49
ZODDGUTS

Liked the first episode quite alot. Felt different from the typical magical shoujo genre. lol Loved it when the younger sister was still making all those poses while Amu was talking.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 11:24   Link #50
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
regardless of how long the manga will be, this is probably just a 12 episode series. there may be a season two someday like traumend.

from what I can tell, they are trying to make the show as short as possible, in the tv show everyone starts in the 5th grade class, in the comic it was the 4th. who knows, maybe they will still have a class change though.
I really enjoyed this episode, but I have a feeling that this will end the way Zombie Loan did, with minimal tying of loose ends. This really seems to be the trend nowadays, and in the preview for episode 2 of Genshiken 2, they even talk about how many series are being broken up into smaller chunks now.

Manga Blog: Manga Mosaic
Kabitzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 13:38   Link #51
Slice of Life
eyewitness

Zombie Loan never gave me the feeling it was actually striving for a full ending. So in my eyes, they played fair. And as far as one can tell after only one episode, same here. An anime they really tricked me in that regard was Code-E.
Old 2007-10-12, 22:15   Link #52
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
OMG, you guys are subbing it? Thanks, and I like the first episode so far, and I'm gonna continue watching it until what kind of trouble Amu will bring .

And the opening subbed was so cute. They mention the show on there and thats gonna be very targeting for fans. Oh and Buono has there own web blog, and the PV for Honto no Jibun is out.

BUONO PV

And they have there own blog too

http://buono.weblogs.jp/buono/

credit for amp. from JPM

Last edited by xxmimixx; 2007-10-12 at 22:25.
xxmimixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 22:43   Link #53
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
It most certainly isn't! The manga is not over-volume 5 comes out November 20th. I collect the raw tankoubon so I know.
Ah, my bad. Never saw anything on a fifth volume when I last checked.
Old 2007-10-12, 22:44   Link #54
Pell14

Quote:
Originally Posted by martino View Post
What makes you think that? It is aimed at the female audience, so if they are somewhat unusual then I honestly wouldn't be too surprised. However I wouldn't go as far as saying "gay". "Shoujo-ish" would be the correct term in my opinion.

i was kind of kidding, just that seeing those males char gave me goosebump haha

i got not much idea on how shoujo styles are, but i always thought that shoujo styles are more like this

but then again i could be mixing up the idea of shoujo style and josei style lawl (although the anime above i posted got nothing to do with josei or yaoi in any sense)
Pell14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-12, 23:22   Link #55
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
i was kind of kidding, just that seeing those males char gave me goosebump haha

i got not much idea on how shoujo styles are, but i always thought that shoujo styles are more like this

but then again i could be mixing up the idea of shoujo style and josei style lawl (although the anime above i posted got nothing to do with josei or yaoi in any sense)

EWWWW NOOOOOO! No! Don't use Wallflower's horrid character design for reference! PLEASE!! They all look like transvestites! YUCK YUCK.

Typical shoujo-style is....large eyes, tiny or delicate mouths and noses, long bangs, stylish hair....and that goes for both girls AND boys.^^
Old 2007-10-12, 23:28   Link #56
Hanami

Oooh, Episode two came out today. Looks good.
Old 2007-10-13, 00:27   Link #57
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
^ Really. I thought it supposed to be out Sunday. I guess they changed times or I never cared XD lol.
Old 2007-10-13, 02:31   Link #58
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

the wikipedia article on shugo chara is pretty complete, whoever worked on it did a good job.

but knowing where buono came from now (morning musume) I feel a little dirty. underage kiddies ;-;
Old 2007-10-13, 04:11   Link #59
Trance
Translator In Despair
*Fansubber

Send a message via Skype™ to Trance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potatochobit View Post
the wikipedia article on shugo chara is pretty complete, whoever worked on it did a good job.

but knowing where buono came from now (morning musume) I feel a little dirty. underage kiddies ;-;
But they they are still cute though
Old 2007-10-13, 06:28   Link #60
FireChick

I saw episode 1 last night! It was soooo cute! Ran kawaii! Amu kawaii! Tadase is sooooo cute!
FireChick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, magical girl, school life, shoujo