AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore Total Series Rating
Perfect 10 140 25.74%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 154 28.31%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 133 24.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 82 15.07%
6 out of 10 : Average 22 4.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 1.29%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.37%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.18%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.18%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.37%
Voters: 544. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-18, 13:27   Link #101
romulusx5

i just watched the anime, actually the entire series after a buddy of mine told me about it, and its very different from the manga. i think the animation is superb, and the characters better looking than the manga but the manga's story telling is better than the anime, i mean, way better.

i give it a 7 overall.
Old 2007-10-18, 16:19   Link #102
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassarai View Post

BTW- RWBLADEWING - lol why does your avatar looks like a flora pic without eyeballs. Looks almost like the scene where the fingernail hit her in the forehead.
Was really the only avatar I could find around here that wasn't already in use. Her eyes do look kinda weird I guess but it doesn't look anything like THAT scene to me. And trust me I know, that image is very clear in my mind and still haunts me to this day.

As far as episodes go, 18, 19, etc. are all good. Anything that shows Flora and doesn't show her dying.
Old 2007-10-18, 16:24   Link #103
Sassarai
Army of One

You like my avatar?
Shes so hawt and you have to choose such a bad pix

Oh lemme throw in another overall series comment so nosaninminwa doesnt kill me.

Yea man so this guy I told to watch the anime first before reading the manga this is his comment

"Just finished Claymore, I don't know what everyone was talking about it dropping in quality around episode 20, perhaps the manga was just a lot better."

he also had the same gripe as i did
Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-18, 16:46   Link #104
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Haha, now that's funny. Well, at least my "poor skill in pic selection" got you to post a pic and use an avatar of a character you don't even like. Anyway, this isn't the Flora discussion thread so I'll shut up now.

But yeah, I also agree with your gripe regarding the series ending.

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2007-10-18, 16:56   Link #105
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Haha, now that's funny. Well, at least my "poor skill in pic selection" got you to post a pic and use an avatar of a character you don't even like. Anyway, this isn't the Flora discussion thread so I'll shut up now.

But yeah, I also agree with your gripe regarding the series ending.

Spoiler for ending:
lol this avatar is going to be gone as fast as flora in the anime. I NEVER SAID I DIDNT LIKE FLORA.

Spoiler:
Old 2007-10-18, 17:20   Link #106
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Don't really know if these actually require spoiler tags since the premise of the thread is that people have seen the entire series, but will keep them to be safe:

Spoiler for ending:
Old 2007-10-18, 17:28   Link #107
Sassarai
Army of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Don't really know if these actually require spoiler tags since the premise of the thread is that people have seen the entire series, but will keep them to be safe:

Spoiler for ending:
lol ok no spoiler tags then

Well raki is a stupid kid he doesnt except her eating thats why he hugged her and told her that she shouldnt eat guts when they were in the cave. He knows its wrong but I think he knew prissy had a tragic past and doesnt want to see her die. Hypocritical little boy that just needs to grow up.

lol heres another thing he said

"Though the quality of the show didn't really drop in quality nor was it much of a powerup fest. (I was expecting it to turn into DBZ, lol) "

lol I just told them most ppl that compared it to dbz was just trying to vent their frustrations on the anime not following the manga and probably never even watched dbz much.
Old 2007-10-18, 17:39   Link #108
RWBladewing
Elderly "Love Live!" Fan

Even so though, I'd think at least he'd have tried again to "convince" her to stop, even though it'd be completely pointless. Though it really isn't out of character for him to just be confused and let her go, I still don't agree with the decision to end it based on that. I'd also hoped Clare had enough resolve and intelligence to at least do something, I guess Raki alone was enough to convince her otherwise though.

Edit: Haha nice title, you sure like trying to get a rise out of people huh?

Last edited by RWBladewing; 2007-10-18 at 18:24.
Old 2007-10-18, 17:42   Link #109
Sassarai
Army of One

Yeah not agreeing with it either just trying to see it from a stupid kid's point of view.
Old 2007-10-19, 15:41   Link #110
airguitar316
ClaymoreDragonaut

I give it an 8. Superb animation but I had some problems with the roller coaster emotional tide of episodes 19 onwards. It's like after reading the manga, it was like a letdown afterwards, but I still think it's 2007's top 5 animes for me.
Old 2007-10-20, 10:36   Link #111
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

I Gave it an 8.5 because Raki didnt die, 1 of the worst endings ive seen since Berserk but the animation was excellent but i wish it was like DMC or Gundam 00 but the ending really made me mad but the story was very good not so boring. But it seemed like all my favorite characters died {I.E Flora and Irene} and is so tragic and i love tragedy's
Old 2007-10-20, 11:18   Link #112
romulusx5

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
I Gave it an 8.5 because Raki didnt die, 1 of the worst endings ive seen since Berserk but the animation was excellent but i wish it was like DMC or Gundam 00 but the ending really made me mad but the story was very good not so boring. But it seemed like all my favorite characters died {I.E Flora and Irene} and is so tragic and i love tragedy's
lol, i usually start with a 10, then raki comes into the scene and kinda ruins it with his constant whining, so i decrease the 10, but if raki wasn't that whiny from episodes 18 onwards, i would've given it a 9.
Old 2007-10-20, 20:29   Link #113
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romulusx5 View Post
lol, i usually start with a 10, then raki comes into the scene and kinda ruins it with his constant whining, so i decrease the 10, but if raki wasn't that whiny from episodes 18 onwards, i would've given it a 9.
yea raki is a pain he is so much more annoying then in the manga i think madhouse loves raki XD
Old 2007-10-20, 21:00   Link #114
azurie

if they do their pretty much alone in that respect. I can respect the feelings they make him display and the emotions he seems to have for clare . . . I can respect him having those anyone would after having been saved by someone specially someone as attractive as clare is it's only natural but geesh enough is enough. Don't get me wrong though i don't hate Raki i just feel he's been taken a step or 10 to far IMO. Nothing more.
Old 2007-10-20, 22:08   Link #115
romulusx5

Quote:
Originally Posted by King of Lycans View Post
yea raki is a pain he is so much more annoying then in the manga i think madhouse loves raki XD
i heard a rumor that instead of the title in the manga of "invasion of pieta", they were gonna name it "invasion of raki".

azurie: im new to the manga and anime, but i know whining and overkill when i see it. it was the pieta stories that drew out clare's inner demons, but bad for us, madhouse just didn't let up with the raki "invasion". they should've separated his scenes completely instead of cutting in to the action. i think that's why people disliked him.

also another thing i noticed, in the discussion boards, people who usually defend him didn't even vote for him...what gives with his 10 votes?
Old 2007-10-20, 22:20   Link #116
azurie

i agree i felt he was over acting but as you may or may not have noticed there is a thread for discussing Raki so i won't go into much more detail on him here unless it relates to the over all story line sorry about that have been stepped on to often and lessons learned and such =). But as far as his acting relates to the series as a whole yes it should have been down played a lot. I could see over zealous kid but there is a limit to belief we will allow.
Old 2007-10-21, 05:02   Link #117
Kalinas

raki is the reason for AIDS and global warming
Old 2007-10-21, 11:11   Link #118
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinas View Post
raki is the reason for AIDS and global warming
LMAO, that was the funniest thing I've read in a while. For a second I thought he was going to be blamed for the war in iraq. While I have already pointed out I am no Raki fan, I do think he is necessary in the story as a sidekick/love interest/person who is constanly trying to improve(a.k.a Guts minus the whole having mad sword skills thing). And to that end, Madhouse just decide to give the kid an "advantage"(immortality hack) so he could survive thoroughtout the adventure...seems fair. This improved the story in any places. I think its best to view this anime as if there were NO MANGA for it. This way there are no other standards to compare it to and people might be able to see it as an orginal series. And if the end was any indication madhouse might do another completely independent season from the manga, I for one would watch it.
Old 2007-10-21, 11:31   Link #119
Kalinas

Quote:
Originally Posted by emu777 View Post
Madhouse just decide to give the kid an "advantage"(immortality hack)
+1

And I think that even if we ignore the manga, Claymore anime would still suck, because the ending was stupid (not because it went wrong with the manga but because priscilla didn't die and this made a lot of things pointless)
Old 2007-10-21, 12:06   Link #120
airguitar316
ClaymoreDragonaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalinas View Post
+1

And I think that even if we ignore the manga, Claymore anime would still suck, because the ending was stupid (not because it went wrong with the manga but because priscilla didn't die and this made a lot of things pointless)
It wasn't exactly a "stupid" ending. To me, it was PAINFULLY "pass-able". Sure I knew Jean was going to die. I didn't know that she stupidly had to bring Raki WITH HER, and ruin the ending. Someone said here that Jean deserved to die for bring Raki up the mountain and ruining everyone's day, and I tend to agree. LOL
Closed Thread