AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2007-11-08, 13:38   Link #181
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

I thought I posted a comment after the competition was over but while skimming back through the pages of the thread I didn't notice any. Shame on me!

It was really fun listening to all the entries, and I honestly thought they were all rather good overall. I'm not a regular of this contest (this is like my second time taking notice of this, after the previous karacom) but it was fun getting to know all the other people who partecipated, both among the competing and non-competing ones. Btw GipFace, I freaking want to steal your voice. The "SUKI SUKI SUKI" bit is now hopelessly stuck in my head and I end up singing unconsciously while I'm on the bus to university. Damn you, haha.

Oh, and thanks for uploading both entries, I totally missed the non-competing ones. I'm really looking forward to the next comp (is it going to be solo, or duets again?).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 21:01   Link #182
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
FYI, the next one's is the singles.
When it will be run? Who knows. I really should create a mailing list one of these days...
Old 2007-11-09, 02:40   Link #183
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Quote:
Originally Posted by basket View Post
For people who may have problems downloading from the links kcl posted, I've mirrored both the competing and non-competing entries.
One would think that the reason kcl822 put up so many download links on different sites is so that people could find one they can download from. Thanks anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822 View Post
FYI, the next one's is the singles.
When it will be run? Who knows. I really should create a mailing list one of these days...
Maybe you should. How about starting a Yahoo! groups or some kind of group people can join to get announcements about the karacomp? Although that would be yet another group/site people have to join/subscribe to...
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 05:13   Link #184
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I didn't attend the live session but I will give my thoughts after listening to it. As always, I'll be lying if I say they're all wonderful and perfect, so please don't be offended since these are just biased opinions, nothing more.

First of all I'd like to say that I enjoyed this very much and this year produced some amazing karaoke. Thanks for providing the entertainment!

Phaedrine & Mien & Adonic Meki - Super Shooter (Gantz)
-It's not really good but I couldn't get into the song so song choice isn't really that great IMO. 3/10

Fukairi & Hina - TARGET ~Akai Shougeki~ (Digimon ZERO-Two)
-I didn't really hear the vocals very clearly but overall it's very well sung. The music was catchy and that helped somewhat. I enjoyed it. 7/10

Amberle & Ethrus - Lunar (Lunar Silver Story)
-It started out cute and catchy but in some moments had trouble with the harmony. Some of the high notes are a bit off-sync, but pretty good. 5/10

Jiah & GipFace - Waltz (School Days)
-Incredible harmony, what can I say? This is amazing. Some of the solo I didn't like but I really enjoyed it. 9/10

Shiemi & Chibi Nasu - VEGA (Princess Princess D Drama)
-Wow what a hard song to sing and they almost sang it very well too. Very good vocals but the song was still a bit too hard, sorry. 8/10

keiko8 & HirokiBaby - Bon Bon (Lovely Complex)
-This has one of my favorite male vocals (I love most of the female vocals). Very nice job in this one, but the different in octaves was kinda weird. 8/10

MisaMisa & Mnemosyne - Yume no Naka e (Kare Kano)
-I didn't really like this one because sometimes it is weirdly harmonic while sometimes it is significantly off-sync. It's still a kinda nice song. 6/10

Hina & Shurin - Go (Naruto)
-Wow...what...wow. I knew when the music started up that this was going to be excellent or blatant failure, and it was excellent. The rap was perfect and the singing was close to excellent. 10/10

Li Jianliang & GipFace - Bakuhatsu da mon~n~ (Sakurando Kiss)
-Well this song was kinda cute...kinda. This might be mean to say but it was very entertaining.... The vocals was just a bit too drowned out by the music, but other than that, it was good. 8/10

Shiemi & Cz - Moment (Gundam Seed)
-I really like Shiemi's vocals. The vocals just didn't mix because one was really high and one was really. Some of the harmony was good though. 6/10

Adonic Meki & mien - Ichigo Tsumi Monogatari (Strawberry Panic)
-Well I'm not going to rate on the precision of this song but overall (and this might be mean also), it was very entertaining. Actually the vocals wasn't bad, seriously, just not really for this song. 6/10

Chibi Nasu & Jub Jub - Ichirin no Hana (Bleach)
-I didn't really think that the vocals were strong enough for this song, because some of it was really too soft. That aside, it's pretty good. 7/10

Shiemi & Cheyanne - Canta Per Me (Noir)
-Wow this was really amazing. I have nothing else to say, but that this is amazing. 9/10

stakato & LeLiAye - Tobira no Mukou e (Full Metal Alchemist)
-This is the same with Ichirin no Hana; I think some of it should be stronger. Overall nice harmony and it was quite enjoyable. 8/10

Chibi Nasu & Cz - Yureta Kandagawa (Hunter x Hunter)
-Interesting melody from the song itself, and the singing was very good. Chibi's vocals here was definitely top-notched, and Cz amazingly complemented pretty well. I still think that it's quite low like his other duet. 9/10

Biiru & Hina - Hare Hare Yukai (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
-It started out with an accurate representation of the original vocal but kinda soft. However, it was followed by the best karaoke I've heard in my life. Amazing. Perfect. Speechless. It's incredibly accurate with the original version. 10/10

Mnemosyne & Li Jianliang - Zessei Bijin (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)
-I think it's pretty good. It's not my type of song, so I didn't really like the melody much. However, it has nice vocals. 8/10

Fome & GipFace - Okkusenman (Megaman 2)
-Well this is some impressive singing. The song itself isn't that great, but I enjoyed the effort and harmony. 8/10

Naoko & Shurin - Best Friend (Fushigi Yuugi)
-The music was kinda overpowering the vocals, which were average in my opinion. It started off kinda slow in the beginning then picked up in the end. 8/10

kcl822 & Meiyo - Glamorous Sky (NANA)
-Is this one of the entries? Anyways, it's pretty good, even though the music should be a bit louder. Very nice. 8/10

So who's the winner to me? GO!!! and Hare Hare Yukai are obvious candidates for me, but I can't really decide. I congratulate Hina for being so talented though, because both songs were sang very nicely.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-09, 18:22   Link #185
cheyannew
PolyPerson!

A & E thank you and so do I! They had a great deal of fun doing this, hopefully next time the attention span won't get in the way LOL!!!!

I'm glad you liked Cante as well, it was a blast working with Shiemi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
I didn't attend the live session but I will give my thoughts after listening to it. As always, I'll be lying if I say they're all wonderful and perfect, so please don't be offended since these are just biased opinions, nothing more.

First of all I'd like to say that I enjoyed this very much and this year produced some amazing karaoke. Thanks for providing the entertainment!

-It started out cute and catchy but in some moments had trouble with the harmony. Some of the high notes are a bit off-sync, but pretty good. 5/10

-Wow this was really amazing. I have nothing else to say, but that this is amazing. 9/10

So who's the winner to me? GO!!! and Hare Hare Yukai are obvious candidates for me, but I can't really decide. I congratulate Hina for being so talented though, because both songs were sang very nicely.

RIFT | Division | Side 7 Art Archive
cheyannew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-12, 20:53   Link #186
hirose
not always but...lurking!

Send a message via MSN to hirose
GAHHHh

I cant belive I missed it Y___Y
I was with no internet for over a month and a half and I missed it...
Y__Y
well I hope to be here for the next one
and congratulations to everybody!
Old 2007-11-13, 01:12   Link #187
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Got my votes in before deadline! Is there an award for worst entry this time around? (I'd sure like to get a prize some day. )
Old 2007-11-13, 01:31   Link #188
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Just wanted to remind people that the deadlines for voting is today at midnight! Don't miss the chance to vote for your favorite entry! Maybe is because people are busy these days but the participation in voting and commenting was a bit... how shall we say this... Horrible. Another reminder: you must email me the votes. What other reminders are there...
Old 2007-11-13, 05:31   Link #189
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcl822 View Post
Instructions on voting

-Give each entry a numeric score between 1 (worst) to 10 (best). Decimal points are welcomed but don't go crazy with a number like 4.66666666666666666.
-Email the scores to kcl822@gmail.com. Subject line should have the word "karaoke" so I don't delete it by accident.
-If you are one of the participants, you cannot vote for your own entries for obvious reasons.
-Add your nickname to the email so I know who you are. If you are one of those who have a lot of nicknames, please add them all. Don't make me cross-reference them.
-If you want to add comments, please do so. I will gather them all at the end of the week and post them. They will be anonymous so you don't have to worry about retribution.
-The deadline for voting is November 13th at 11:59p.m. EST. The scores will be posted the following day.
Posting the original instructions again might be a good reminder, lol.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-13, 11:57   Link #190
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Skype™ to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
Wah I finally handed in my comments and grades

Message to everyone: I tried to be as objective and honest as possible, advising on which things you can improve. Maybe I seem a bit harsh on some parts, but that was not my intention! My intention is only good and trying to help everyone. ^^
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 00:02   Link #191
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Voting season ended! The carriage turned into a pumpkin! And all those other cliches about midnight. Stay tuned for the scores! Probably by wednesday evening. Who will win! Stay tuned!
Old 2007-11-14, 00:15   Link #192
Cz
Needs more sleep~

* Looks at the responses in the thread and wonders exactly how many people voted *
Old 2007-11-14, 20:38   Link #193
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Comments

Here's something to tidy you guys over until I post the scores. Comments for all!
My comments are the first ones, so if you want to argue, please do so (I'll get the torch ready). The rest are sent by various people.

Phaedrine & Mien & Adonic Meki - Super Shooter (Gantz)
Spoiler:

Hina & Fukairi - Target ~ Akai Shougeki (Digimon Zero-Two)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Jiah & GipFace - Waltz (School Days)
Spoiler:

Shiemi & Chibi Nasu - VEGA (Princess Princess D Drama)
Spoiler:

keiko8 & HirokiBaby - Bon Bon (Lovely Complex)
Spoiler:

MisaMisa & Mnemosyne - Yume no Naka e (Kare kano)
Spoiler:

Hina & Shurin - Go (Naruto)
Spoiler:

Li Jianliang & GipFace - Sakuranbo Kiss ~bakuhatsu da mo-n~ (Colorful Kiss)
Spoiler:

Shiemi & Cz - Moment (Gundam Seed)
Spoiler:

Adonic Meki & mien - Ichigo Tsumi Monogatari (Strawberry Panic)
Spoiler:

chibi nasu & Jub Jub - Ichirin no hana (Bleach)
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

stakato & LeLiAye - Tobira no Mukou e (Full Metal Alchemist)
Spoiler:

Chibi_Nasu & Cz - Yureta Kandagawa (Hunter x Hunter)
Spoiler:

Biiru & Hina - Hare Hare Yukai (The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya)
Spoiler:

Mnemosyne & Li Jianliang - Zessei Bijin (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)
Spoiler:

Fome & GipFace - Okkusenman (Megaman 2)
Spoiler:

Naoko & Shurin - Best Friend (Fushigi Yuugi)
Spoiler:
Old 2007-11-14, 20:52   Link #194
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Wai~ I like reading comments ^^ Thanks for those who commented~

And thanks kcl for posting them~ *can't wait for results*
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 22:48   Link #195
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Winners

At last, the winners for this year's duets competitions!
*drumrolls*

First place for the popular stage goes to....... Biiru and Hina for their version of Hare Hare Yukai!!!

Second place is Mnemosyne & Li Jianliang for their rendition of Zessei Bijin.

Third place is Chibi_nasu & Cz's Yureta Kandagawa.

Rankings for popular vote top 10
Spoiler:

Now, the rankings for the judge's (thanks to Meiyo for being a guest judge!).

First place is...... Biiru and Hina as well! Looks like we are all on the same page.

Second place is a very close one, but it goes to... Jiah and Gipface!

Third place is Mnemosyne & Li Jianliang.

Rankings for the judge's vote top 10
Spoiler:

Biiru and Hina, please send me your address so I can mail you guys the prize. Also, you will be given a chance to be a guest judge for the next karaoke competition, so please leave me a way to contact you when the time comes as well. Congratulations to all!!

Last edited by kcl822; 2007-11-15 at 00:05. Reason: I can't even do simple math... Ugh.
kcl822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 23:26   Link #196
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Congrats to the winners!!!! Well deserved win for Biiru and Hina.

I'm a little confused though by:
2. Mnemosyne & Li Jianliang
4. Mnemosyne & Atashi

I thought Li Jianliang was Atashi? Or am I just losing my mind, because that's quite possible too.
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 23:38   Link #197
Fome

Gratz all, I thought the Haruhi song was the best too. Damn, it sounded so much like the original.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-14, 23:57   Link #198
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Whoa... what? #3 in popular vote? Wow.

Most of the credit goes to chibi nasu of course - thanks for choosing that song and singing with me. Thanks to kcl822 for her comments.
Spoiler for In Moment's defense:
Congrats to the Hare Hare Yukai pair - I thought you sounded great.
Old 2007-11-15, 00:22   Link #199
GipFace

Re: Waltz
PS: your falsetto needs to go a bit higher than that.
GipFace does great falsettos, as usual.
You've got to be kidding. I did not falsetto once in the song because I knew there would be no chance of contention if I weaseled into it (The entries with falsetto fared poorly: Ever Stay Snow got 6.63 [37th place out of 78 entries], and Feel Coming Spring Piano got third-last!). That C5 was not falsetto, and I am disappointed that people cannot discern the difference. *cries*
Random trivia: Highest note I can hit with falsetto is E6. No, you'll never hear me sing it because not even Canta Per Me goes that high. ~_~

Second place is a very close one
So I guess we lost by half a point or something, right?

Re: Sakuranbo Kiss
The most glaring thing for me was that the timing was a bit off in the chorus.
What got to me though was the not so good synchronization of the voices. Try better sync next time!
Yeah, I was late transitioning from the harmony to the creepy voice at the very end. After doing the rest of the song without any sync errors, I didn't feel like doing a retake.

Well, don't let my comments put a damper into things, because they really shouldn't. I just have high personal expectations every time I enter. Three cheers to Hina and Beer for winning it all! ^_^
(I gave them a 9... my lone 10 pick didn't make the top five...)

From the bottom of my heart, I'd like to thank everyone who was involved in the contest. I'd also like to thank my partners, Jiah, Li Jianliang, and Fome, for being exceptional people to work with. They were very nice and were open to my crazy suggestions (I picked all the songs we did). I had a lot of fun doing every entry, and have no reservations about recommending them to anyone for next time!

Hmm... Shiemi really needs to win one day. She is the best singer that still hasn't won one yet. I'm rooting for you, Shiemi!

One last thing: I noticed you included ALL my comments. You detectives now have a one in three chance of guessing which comments are from me. However, there are an uneven number of comments per person. Did you filter out any of the nasty stuff? I think the comments should be uncensored.

Oh well. See you all next season... hopefully this winter! (come on kcl, you know you waaaant to)

Last edited by GipFace; 2007-11-15 at 01:46.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-15, 00:35   Link #200
Fome

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
PS: your falsetto needs to go a bit higher than that.
GipFace does great falsettos, as usual.
You've got to be kidding. I did not falsetto once in the song because I knew there would be no chance of contention if I weaseled into it (The entries with falsetto fared poorly: Ever Stay Snow got 6.63 [37th place out of 78 entries], and Feel Coming Spring Piano got third-last!). That C5 was not falsetto, and I am disappointed that people cannot discern the difference. *cries*

Well, don't let my comments put a damper into things, because they really shouldn't. I just have high personal expectations every time I enter. Three cheers to Hina and Beer for winning it all! ^_^

From the bottom of my heart, I'd like to thank everyone who was involved in the contest. I'd also like to thank my partners, Jiah, Li Jianliang, and Fome, for being exceptional people to work with. They were very nice and were open to my crazy suggestions (I picked all the songs we did). I had a lot of fun doing every entry, and have no reservations about recommending them to anyone for next time!

Hmm... Shiemi really needs to win one day. She is the best singer that still hasn't won one yet. I'm rooting for you, Shiemi!

Oh well. See you all next season... hopefully this Winter! (come on kcl, you know you waaaant to)
Hey Gip, thanks for sticking with me in spite of some technical issues on my side. And I agree, I've always felt that Shiemi should have won at some point. It's almost as if she's given up a little bit on winning first place (just my conjecture). I voted her one of the highest scores in her first ever entry.
Fome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition