AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Kai Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 128 69.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 40 21.62%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 4.32%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 3.24%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.08%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 185. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-03, 20:11   Link #161
Tengusoldier

I think Takano killing sll those people is the outstanding achievement that was mentioned on one of the tips/poem/pieces whatever already posted in this thead, after people start fearing thet there is indeed oyashiro-sama they will fear it-and thus fear her, the story wil be told trough the ages and thus takano will attain immortality as stated by the peom/tip/piece whatever :P, when your doings transcend you natural life span you become immortal.

that still a pretty selfish and crazy way of achieving that >.>

and...could anyone answer my questio about Satoshi? O__o
Old 2007-10-03, 20:18   Link #162
Onniguru

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenLucifel View Post
I haven't played the game, but I thought this episode was epic, and the best in this season thus far.

Spoiler for Higurashi Episode 13:
Spoiler for response:
Old 2007-10-03, 20:38   Link #163
Neokage_Tokage

I've never played the game, or read the dojin so just remember how much you hated Takano the first time you saw this. Thats how I now feel.
Old 2007-10-03, 22:41   Link #164
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

I've started the Putting the Pieces Together Patch and will try and have it out by the time Episode 15 airs. You can see the progress of it underneath my Profile name. And If any one wants to translate Takano's past just PM me.

Well, wish me luck
Old 2007-10-03, 22:46   Link #165
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Good luck!

Thanks to kira_lacusXX for this great sig!
Old 2007-10-03, 23:57   Link #166
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengusoldier View Post
He will descend from the heavens and save the day!!!

Seriously, I don't know. Of all the weapons in Higurashi, my favorite is Satoshi's bat.

Bat >>>>>>> Cleaver

It's because the bat has a proud lineage of saving loli from evildoers whereas the cleaver was some junk unceremoniously unearthed from a scrap heap. Plus, the bat allows its user to win baseball games

As for this episode, well, it's too bad the ratings only go as high as 10.
Old 2007-10-04, 00:15   Link #168
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tengusoldier View Post
I think Takano killing sll those people is the outstanding achievement that was mentioned on one of the tips/poem/pieces whatever already posted in this thead, after people start fearing thet there is indeed oyashiro-sama they will fear it-and thus fear her, the story wil be told trough the ages and thus takano will attain immortality as stated by the peom/tip/piece whatever :P, when your doings transcend you natural life span you become immortal.

that still a pretty selfish and crazy way of achieving that >.>

The anime left out a certain line. Before Takano kills Shion, she accuses her of killing Satoshi. Takano then says, no he's alive then shoots her.
Old 2007-10-04, 00:20   Link #169
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
^ Nope, she doesn't confirm anything.
IIRC, Takano says "since I dislike being yelled, I won't tell you" with her usual "teehee" mode.
Old 2007-10-04, 00:23   Link #170
MarthX

Oh, really? My mistake then.
Old 2007-10-04, 00:30   Link #171
Tengusoldier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardiac Glycoside View Post
He will descend from the heavens and save the day!!!

Seriously, I don't know. Of all the weapons in Higurashi, my favorite is Satoshi's bat.

Bat >>>>>>> Cleaver

It's because the bat has a proud lineage of saving loli from evildoers whereas the cleaver was some junk unceremoniously unearthed from a scrap heap. Plus, the bat allows its user to win baseball games

As for this episode, well, it's too bad the ratings only go as high as 10.
umm, I'm guessing it hasn't been answered in the anime.
maybe it was only in the games.

X__x

ohh I see, stupid mysteries D:
so I'm guessing it wasn't mentioned in any ark game or manga or anime.
Old 2007-10-04, 00:58   Link #172
Hasako
The Reaper of Misery

i think rena>>>>>>>>>>>>>mion and so i hope for a k-1XRena ending...probably not going to be an ending like that though lol

Saimoe (Japan) 2007 finalists veterans
Old 2007-10-04, 00:58   Link #173
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Statoshi's fate is revealed in the Pieces and expanded upon in the last arc
Old 2007-10-04, 01:35   Link #174
cereal_killerxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Statoshi's fate is revealed in the Pieces and expanded upon in the last arc
So the last arc probably won't tell what happened to Satoshi? Also, what is this "Pieces" thing everyone is talking about? Is it a game or manga or something?
Old 2007-10-04, 01:40   Link #175
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasako View Post
i think rena>>>>>>>>>>>>>mion and so i hope for a k-1XRena ending...probably not going to be an ending like that though lol
I prefer Keiichi and Mion because of the symmetry. Assuming Satoshi is alive and we have a happy ending, each Sonozaki twin can have her own bat-wielding psychopath. And all was in perfect harmony.
Old 2007-10-04, 02:33   Link #176
Vash002
Ready to Boast

I have been Rena x Keiichi all the way since the beginning, but at the start of the second season i have been secretly rooting for Rika x Keiichi

@When it's next episode going to air? Monday? Friday? I have been lost since the nice food incident
Old 2007-10-04, 02:51   Link #177
stillmissing

Quote:
I prefer Keiichi and Mion because of the symmetry. Assuming Satoshi is alive and we have a happy ending, each Sonozaki twin can have her own bat-wielding psychopath. And all was in perfect harmony.
Hmm, but in the end, that's not very fair to Satoshi, is it? After all, Shion's love for him was unrequited.

Although I supposed it could be argued that that itself, is in fact the symmetry.
Old 2007-10-04, 03:15   Link #178
Cardiac Glycoside

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillmissing View Post
Hmm, but in the end, that's not very fair to Satoshi, is it? After all, Shion's love for him was unrequited.

Although I supposed it could be argued that that itself, is in fact the symmetry.
If Shion weren't crazy and psychotically jealous because of Satoko, I think Satoshi would grow to love her too. Assuming he's alive and comes back, of course.

Besides, if each twin has her own bat-wielding psycho, they don't have to dislocate K1's arms anymore
Old 2007-10-04, 03:29   Link #179
stillmissing

Quote:
If Shion weren't crazy and psychotically jealous because of Satoko, I think Satoshi would grow to love her too.
The thing is, that's a pretty huge assumption you're making there. And I'm just not sure what the basis for it is.
Old 2007-10-04, 03:49   Link #180
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv150
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Skype™ to Klashikari
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitedragon View Post
K1 is slowpoke slow. I still don't understand why he didn't notice Takano when he started charging at the van with a bat. I'm pretty sure that if I saw a person pop out with a gun, I'd hide behind a tree or at least curse in acknowledgement. But that was a pretty clever idea on the part of the "evil side," albeit a little risky. Get the targets to try and attack you head on but secretly camp at the place of attack. If only K1 decided to play it safe and go around the van...
The problem is that takano was hiding in the woods, she wasn't blatantly showing up.
furthermore, her outfit, despite being "fancy" is something which makes her harder to notice, especially in such situation.
Last but not the least: they were rushing to seize the van, because they don't have much time: they could own 4 yamainu men just because of tricky teamplay and surprise attacks. Such things won't exactly work twice, and letting the enemy surrouding them is the worst possibility ever.
Quote:
And here's a question: who's stronger, Rena or Mion? We all know that Rena's pretty powerful, being easily able to carry a loli under each arm and swing a huge blade like it's nothing. But in this episode, Mion knocked out a member of the special forces as if it were nothing.
Mion has some attribute with martial skills (as she and shion were teached some stunts with Akaner, their mother, IIRC).
The thing is Mion not only used her strength, but the yamainu literaly rushed on her foot. He just barely noticed her that he can't stop and get owned by Mion.
Thus, if you apply both brutal short strength and the movement by the yamainu, it is a VERY hard blow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cereal_killerxx View Post
So the last arc probably won't tell what happened to Satoshi? Also, what is this "Pieces" thing everyone is talking about? Is it a game or manga or something?
either answering yes or no is a spoiler.
please be patient, Matsuribayashi-hen has many things to deliver, and everything won't be solved like a flash.

Pieces are in fact a minigame in matsuribayashi-hen, game version, where the player has to read "pieces", extended information (much more rich and substancial than TIPS) of the past and present.
They are called pieces since once they are put together, you know the truth and you can begins matsuribayashi-hen.

it is a "mini game" since you have to find the order of the pieces, as if you try to read a piece which shouldn't be read yet, a message will inform the player it isn't the time yet.

EDIT: I have finally finished that analysis, phew...
here you go
Episode 13: Analysis and comparison

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-10-04 at 05:27.
Closed Thread