AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-04-19, 22:42   Link #121
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2008-04-19, 23:27   Link #122
Ashlotte
Clockwork

So...after two episodes ive come to the conclusion the older brother's role is to be dead weight and make his little brother look good in comparison...

Well other then suffering from Idiot Male Lead Syndrom the show so far continuing on with episode 2 has been amusing. Kou's still the best part for me though especially with that deadpan conversation she had with the father...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 02:20   Link #123
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimichi View Post
So...after two episodes ive come to the conclusion the older brother's role is to be dead weight and make his little brother look good in comparison...

Well other then suffering from Idiot Male Lead Syndrom the show so far continuing on with episode 2 has been amusing. Kou's still the best part for me though especially with that deadpan conversation she had with the father...
Spoiler for episode:

Episode is subbed by the way.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 03:57   Link #124
Ardi220288
Rooaaarrrr

I kind of like noboru character in the light novel specially in the recent volume but the way he is being potrait in the anime just someherehow piss me off ? Hmm I wonder why
Ardi220288 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 04:05   Link #125
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Isn't it obvious? He's a wimp >.>

Rewatched with the sub ~ Kou is really cute when she serious, but I still prefer kuu and her/his "kekekeke"

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 04:42   Link #126
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

The wimpy older brother doesn't bother me at all, I've seen much worse. Anyway second episode was fun to watch, I'll definitely keep watching this one.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 04:51   Link #127
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Kuu was just so amazingly cute. Even in male form!

I love how the god is not omnipotent in modern manners. That should provide for a lot of cute and funny moments.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 05:07   Link #128
Chase

kuu smacking at the table really irked the shit out me(in a weird non hateful way) I had on my head phones on so i guess thats why i really heard it to that extent. Their father is king of sarcasm as well

Last edited by Chase; 2008-04-20 at 05:31.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 12:47   Link #129
Slice of Life
eyewitness

This anime is one of those I enjoy most so far although I still have to add a big question mark considering the many characters from the OP that haven't been introduced yet.

This anime is about a transsexual fox throwing fireballs around. It's not the kind of anime where I'd ponder the wussness and wimpness of characters. Which I wouldn't do in any case. It's this kind of flak coming from the fanbase that creates the type of lame clinically perfect males leads which makes me go for female leads in action anime instead who are generally given much more leeway.

There is a reason for that breaking-and-building-up-again brainwashing circus they do in every army with adults because human beings are not normally behaving as some otaku armchair philosophy demands.
Old 2008-04-20, 13:32   Link #130
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Spoiler for For episode 3 of Wagaya No Oinari-Sama:
Old 2008-04-20, 15:03   Link #131
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Spoiler for ep3:

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 18:41   Link #132
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
...otaku armchair philosophy demands...
I like that ... the demands of some socially inept dysfunctional nabobs ranting that people behave in psychologically unlikely ways.
Old 2008-04-20, 21:52   Link #133
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slice of Life View Post
This anime is one of those I enjoy most so far although I still have to add a big question mark considering the many characters from the OP that haven't been introduced yet.

This anime is about a transsexual fox throwing fireballs around. It's not the kind of anime where I'd ponder the wussness and wimpness of characters. Which I wouldn't do in any case. It's this kind of flak coming from the fanbase that creates the type of lame clinically perfect males leads which makes me go for female leads in action anime instead who are generally given much more leeway.

There is a reason for that breaking-and-building-up-again brainwashing circus they do in every army with adults because human beings are not normally behaving as some otaku armchair philosophy demands.
Words of the wise...Unfortunately(Or should that be fortunately... ) you'll still have that rare engaging male lead gem show up. For me this season it's been Shinkurō in Kure-nai.

Oh well either way after 2 episodes it seems like the little brother is more the co-star so far and hopefully big brothers role ,at least during the action pieces, remains minimal...

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-20, 22:22   Link #134
Okashii

The daily life of the brothers, Kuu and Kou are interesting, but the fight scenes have been pretty lame up till now. Kuu can use all elementals and her enemies only belong to one elemental, so it's all about her finding out the enemies' elemental and targeting their weakness. Frankly, I'd rather watch Rosario's "today's battle lasted 60 seconds" than these fight scenes.
Okashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 03:31   Link #135
Kaoru Chujo
Kuno Misaki

Spoiler for ep3:
Kuno Misaki 久野美咲 age 21. 2009 - King of Thorn (Alie). 2010 - Oreimo (Bridget). 2012 - Black Rock Shooter (Hiro). 2013 - Problem children (Melln). Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS (Mimi), Log Horizon (Serara), Galilei Donna (Grande Rosso). 2014 - Noragami (Keiichi), Escha and Logy (Kuu), Zvezda Plot (Hoshimiya Kate/Venera-sama), Wixoss (Tama), Mahouka Koukou (Kasuga Nanami), Flag o Oraretara (Kurumiko), Nanana (Saki), Seven Deadly Sins (Hawk).
Hashihime blog | Twitter @nakanokimi | autumn 2014 previews | autumn 2014 schedule |
characters/seiyuus: Sailor Moon Crystal | Akatsuki no Yona | Amagi Brilliant Park | Coffin-Princess Chaika | Cross Ange | Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai | Danna ga Nani ga Itteru | Denkigai no Honya-san | Donten ni Warau | Fate/Stay Night UBW | Le Fruit de la Grisaia | Gugure! Kokkuri-san | Inou Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de | Madan no Ou to Vanadis | Orenchi no Furo Jijou | Seven Deadly Sins | Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso | Shirobako | Sora no Method | Tribe Cool Crew | Trinity Seven | Ushinawareta Mirai o Motomete | Wixoss
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 06:10   Link #136
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

the kitchen was pwned...... good job Kou. And misaki sure has some crazy imaginations, you go girl.Thats all i have to say.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 06:18   Link #137
Xannieh

So far I must say I love this show. I wasn't sure if I was going to at first, but it's a lot of fun. There are so many shows this season that I am watching, it's been great. I don't think there was much as far as new anime this last season that I watched at all.
Xannieh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 10:48   Link #138
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Spoiler for ep3:
Ahh that gave me sweet memories

"Koushi dono~~~~"

ep 3
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 18:36   Link #139
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashii View Post
The daily life of the brothers, Kuu and Kou are interesting, but the fight scenes have been pretty lame up till now. Kuu can use all elementals and her enemies only belong to one elemental, so it's all about her finding out the enemies' elemental and targeting their weakness. Frankly, I'd rather watch Rosario's "today's battle lasted 60 seconds" than these fight scenes.
That's been kind of my take on it so far. The fight scenes have been seriously uninspiring -- but the "daily life" and interactions have been very entertaining (watching fox and miko adapt to modern life).

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-04-21 at 18:58.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-21, 18:51   Link #140
Angrypokstick
So....its you.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
That's been kind of my take on it so far. The fight scenes have been seriously uninspiring -- but the "daily life" and interactions have been very entertaining (watching wolf and miko adapt to modern life).
Too much spice and wolf for you my friend. Its fox and miko adapt to modern life(not wolf). And this novel in the bigger picture is about how all super natural deities adapt to modern life.
Angrypokstick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, kemonomimi, miko, shounen, supernatural