AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-12, 17:24   Link #241
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Hm.. I dislike ep2. Feels like the writing and pacing are lacking something.

Spoiler for ep2:
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 17:59   Link #242
Kefit

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
In either case, I think you're right: Hayami's obviously the village scourge. Others have asked "if she's so hated, why do they let her go to school?" and I imagine the reason is that, by law, they can't stop her, though I imagine they've probably "suggested" it before (in a not so friendly way...). I assume that either Hayami is forcing herself to go to school (her stubborness/rebellion), and/or perhaps it's related to some sort of promise she made to her parents/grandparents/someone about it. In either case, she's developed this sort of "I won't let them beat me" attitude towards the world (to hide/face her inner "I was defeated before I started" realization), which is both admirable and tragic.
What's the point of having a scapegoat if they aren't around to take the blame for things? It seems that she has to be a part of normal society for whatever they are doing to have any meaning. Speaking of which, I wouldn't be surprised if Hayami actually is an active force of misfortune towards those close to her, given the other supernatural elements already in this show. I would certainly find that a lot more interesting than a situation of evil villagers who hate the poor innocent girl who has never done anything wrong.

And speaking of evil villagers, Yui presents such a strange dichotomy of character. I'm expecting interesting things to come from her beyond just being an antagonist necessary for plot advancement.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:32   Link #243
mlau0516

H2o ~footprints In The Sand~

hi, i was just wondering did anyone watch H2O ~FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND~ yet? and if anyone can tell me what this anime is about? I watch the first 2 eps and i have no clue wuts going on. All i get is that this poor girl (Kohinata Hayami) is being hated by the whole village. She is like getting punch and being dump with dirty water by others. It just make you wish that you have the power to go into the anime and kill someone lol.

also another question, why is Kagura Hinata calling Hirose Takuma, -sama?
mlau0516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:44   Link #244
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post

Spoiler for ep2:
Working as intended besides the "blindness" part. Irony is that being blind is meant to be a selling point for this series, but so far they arent going down the cheap ass male lead route because Takuma is dam awesome
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 18:54   Link #245
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

I guess I'm blinder than Takuma was, because I can't see any of the things people are griping about. The animation is bad? No more so than the first episode IMO.
How come no one is shocked that he can see? Well, I knew right at the end of episode 1 that this would have fantasy elements in it, so I didn't really question it for a second. Unless the directors get lazy we should get an explanation for that in time.
The plot isn't moving forward. What?? We receive a nice piece of Hayami and Hinata's pasts and Hayami's attitude towards Takuma does a complete 180 in 1 episode. That's more plot than Ef and M;Y's 2nd episodes had combined.
Old 2008-01-12, 19:08   Link #246
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:

Spoiler for ep2:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlau0516 View Post
hi, i was just wondering did anyone watch H2O ~FOOTPRINTS IN THE SAND~ yet? and if anyone can tell me what this anime is about? I watch the first 2 eps and i have no clue wuts going on. All i get is that this poor girl (Kohinata Hayami) is being hated by the whole village. She is like getting punch and being dump with dirty water by others. It just make you wish that you have the power to go into the anime and kill someone lol.

also another question, why is Kagura Hinata calling Hirose Takuma, -sama?
Obviously, people are watching it.
The plot? We're watching to find out.
Sama? It seems that Takuma is important, and Hinata is taking extra care to be nice to Takuma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I guess I'm blinder than Takuma was, because I can't see any of the things people are griping about. The animation is bad? No more so than the first episode IMO.
How come no one is shocked that he can't see? Well, I knew right at the end of episode 1 that this would have fantasy elements in it, so I didn't really question it for a second. Unless the directors get lazy we should get an explanation for that in time.
The plot isn't moving forward. What?? We receive a nice piece of Hayami and Hinata's pasts and Hayami's attitude towards Takuma does a complete 180 in 1 episode. That's more plot than Ef and M;Y's 2nd episodes had combined.
People see things differently, after all. It can't be helped.

Animation-I don't see problems, but it isn't bad enough to greatly stand out.
Shock-It's just a time skip that goes past the period where everyone was shocked at his recovery. He moved to the village because the atmosphere there was supposed to help his blindness, so people probably reasoned that and left it alone afterwards.
Plot-Definitely moving. We get character pasts, Takuma making a stand and now being called a cockroach by Yui and co., and the ending scene with Hayami and Takuma.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:16   Link #247
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Working as intended besides the "blindness" part. Irony is that being blind is meant to be a selling point for this series, but so far they arent going down the cheap ass male lead route because Takuma is dam awesome
Spoiler:
Spoiler for ep 2:
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:29   Link #248
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Spoiler for ep 2:
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 19:33   Link #249
Solafighter
Hige

Mh interesting episode.

Spoiler for episode 2:

Anyway, im looking forward to the next episode.
Old 2008-01-12, 19:43   Link #250
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is just a thought, but regarding the lack of reaction to his sight, I wonder if it's possible that this may have something to do with Otoha's magic? Certainly, Hayami had a shocked/surprised look at the end of the first episode, but maybe there's more to it than it seems? Not that I disagree with the more common interpretation that they just skipped it to save time, but who knows...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 20:13   Link #251
tbl
Affably Evil

Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't really shocked when the teacher let it happened. At the time I was thinking something along the lines of "yep, makes sense in terms of the plot".
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-12, 20:15   Link #252
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Maybe it's just me, but I wasn't really shocked when the teacher let it happened. At the time I was thinking something along the lines of "yep, makes sense in terms of the plot".
I wasn't shocked either. I was just pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlau0516
um.. can anyone tell me so far what this anime is about? i'm so lost watching it. i just finish the second eps and i have no clue wuts going on. I dunno if anyone say anything about wut this anime is abt in this thread, maybe i miss it lol. So far all i know is this girl getting beat up in both eps. When it come to a time like this, i just wish i can go into the anime and beat the shit out of the ppl in the class including the teacher.

also why is hinata calling Hirose, sama? is he some high status ppl?
Well, the boy was blind and through the use of some kind of "magic", he can see again. Hayami, the girl that is getting beaten up, is hated by the whole town and it has something to do with the other girl Hinata and some fire that happened a while ago.
We have no idea why Hinata calls Takuma "sama", but that will hopefully get answered soon.
That's pretty much everything so far.
Old 2008-01-12, 20:56   Link #253
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2008-01-12, 22:26   Link #254
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Omg Ep 2....

Spoiler for my thoughts:
Old 2008-01-12, 23:22   Link #255
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

i am disappointed that he can see.....blind + romance ahhhhhh......
bbduece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 00:48   Link #256
Asrialys

What's with the animation this time? And Hirose's hand seemed to switch when he asked for Hayami's on the bridge. He held out his left hand, but when the scene focused on Hayami, it was Hirose's right. Hm...

Anyway, seriously hating on the townspeople.
Old 2008-01-13, 01:01   Link #257
NakedAngelX

This episode is not connected with the previous EP... he all of a sudden can see again?......
I'm lost

But i love the intro a lot, ending's pretty good too.

Seems all recent animations like to mess up the chronicle order of the show (Which i don't like it at all hehe)
Old 2008-01-13, 01:07   Link #258
Asrialys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NakedAngelX View Post
This episode is not connected with the previous EP... he all of a sudden can see again?......
I'm lost

But i love the intro a lot, ending's pretty good too.

Seems all recent animations like to mess up the chronicle order of the show (Which i don't like it at all hehe)
Spoiler for see episode 1?:
Old 2008-01-13, 01:15   Link #259
Zippicus

IMO they need to come out with the big secret behind the Hayami hate soon. With this kind of buildup I'm already feeling like it's going to be a letdown in terms of believability. The whole idea that she goes along with, and even encourages this behavior is pretty retarded. Other than this group insanity it seems like it might be a pretty decent show.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 01:46   Link #260
Green²
It's Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I wasn't shocked either. I was just pissed.

Well, the boy was blind and through the use of some kind of "magic", he can see again. Hayami, the girl that is getting beaten up, is hated by the whole town and it has something to do with the other girl Hinata and some fire that happened a while ago.
We have no idea why Hinata calls Takuma "sama", but that will hopefully get answered soon.
That's pretty much everything so far.
I would have to assume that something is preventing anyone from putting a stop to this bullying, and perhaps even encouraging it. The reason I know not of as to why she deserves this, but my anger rises. But relieved I am that it is the blind one that can see.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, magic, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs