AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2008-03-14, 03:04   Link #1021
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Well i've watched 9 eps of this anime and i still don't see any reason that Hayami would disassociate herself from her family.

Sure her family was cruel to the villagers, but needless to say I feel they were really nice to Hayami herself, compared to say Hotarou's grandfather.

I don't see why Hayami would choose to stay in this village and be abused by them rather then going with her parents who loves her, albeit they weren't nice to the villagers.

People have all been saying that Hayami's parents aren't dead and that she chose not to live with them. It still doesn't make logical sense that she would choose not to go with her parents...
__________________

Last edited by holyman282; 2008-03-14 at 06:25.
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 03:17   Link #1022
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Age: 25
Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I'll say there's something we don't know here...something that greatly affects the plot, because there no possible reason for Hayami to stay. If there's not, then well, that's one of the major flaws (in my opinion) of this series, the lack of character background.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 07:19   Link #1023
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Freedom Guard Ship Amaterasu
Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
You seem to have straying from the topic. I'm not talking about the people who realized there must be a reason for the non-surprise. I'm one of those people.

I'm talking about the viewers who complained and whined about how the lack of surprise in Takuma's "recovery." They bashed the show for it, rather than agreeing that the staff must be thinking of something.
Hum I see where your coming from about the bashing although im not as upset as you are about it. But i asked that question way back when it perceived that he got his vision back, how no one said anything how it was so accepted and so i concluded that it was plot device and a damn good one it seems. Well a lot of the people who bashed the show for his eyesight have dropped the show. Its been a long time since iv seen any hate towards H2O in here. Not everyone is smarter than the average bear its shame isnt it? But this also bring up another interesting point

Spoiler for Spoler for Takuma Ep 11:

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Spoiler for Episode 11:
Spoiler for follow up to relentlessflame's post:
__________________
Sinestra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 18:21   Link #1024
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
Spoiler for Somewhat agree, but regarding believability...:
Spoiler:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 23:10   Link #1025
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Spoiler for More regarding believability in Episode 11:
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 02:05   Link #1026
Tatiana Razajev
Karen
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia.
Age: 34
Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
In terms of episode 11 what I found interesting was this.

Spoiler for 11:
__________________
"Don't forget. You aren't alone. It isn't just you. You have a billion bacteria with you."- Kokage Kuga (Sketchbook)
"Last night's dream was in sepia with subtitles"- Oomichi ~Professor~ Miyabi (GA: Geijutsuka Art Design Class)
Tatiana Razajev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 08:05   Link #1027
Keruri
Like a falling star
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: A snowy town from 7 years ago....
Age: 22
This episode.... seeing all of this played out in motion hit far harder than the game did for me. It's really shocking, even still.

Spoiler for Therefore....:
Keruri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 15:09   Link #1028
Chiibi
Lolli for loli :D
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: in a boring place you will not want to go to
Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Wow....this episode was so intense!
Spoiler:


Quote:
There was a hint dropped in episode 10, and I'm really surprised that nobody picked up on it. Oh well~
Do you mean
Spoiler for 10:

If that wasn't it, do share! I'm not the most perceptive sometimes....
__________________
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 19:42   Link #1029
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruri View Post
This episode.... seeing all of this played out in motion hit far harder than the game did for me. It's really shocking, even still.

Spoiler for Therefore....:
Spoiler for I want to know too...:
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 19:43   Link #1030
Atheuz
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Spoiler:
Atheuz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 19:47   Link #1031
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keruri View Post
Spoiler for Therefore....:
Spoiler for Now that I think about it...:
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 19:50   Link #1032
Gameboiye
Big Reader/Small Poster
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Spoiler:
LOL are you sure you watch any anime there? Pretty much every single anime ever created would be dumb according to you.
Gameboiye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 19:55   Link #1033
Kefit
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Holy shit.

Takuma's gone completely off the deep end. I knew that he had some serious issues to work through regarding his mother's death, but I had no idea they were this severe. This, combined with the plot twist about his sight, casts the entire rest of the show in a different light. I'm going to have to watch this series again at some point and pay careful attention to his actions and the responses of others.

And Hayami...well, she was downright suicidal throughout the first half of this episode, which I think explains why she goaded the goon and Takuma into attacking her. She doesn't want to live anymore anyway, and what better way to end her life than in a way that will ease another's suffering? Of course, this is a very twisted way of thinking, but it fits in line perfectly with Hayami's intense, recurring guilt regarding the past actions of her family.

I'm glad to see that my prediction of Yui appearing to save Hayami from the goons was correct. Her character has grown very nicely since the start of the series, and she demonstrates that the villagers - most of them, at least - should be able to overcome their hatred for Hayami if they can just recognize the inherent humanity within her. Hopefully she and Hamaji will get a chance to help out in the final episode. They did overhear the elder coercing Hayami out of the town, afterall.

Then again, what can help out with Takuma's ravaged mind? I've really got no idea, but this series hasn't let me down with anything else, so I am expecting something very, very good. I want episode twelve now.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 20:02   Link #1034
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: uk, England
Age: 24
Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Spoiler:
I'm not too sure about that...
Spoiler:
__________________

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 20:20   Link #1035
therationalpi
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: State College, PA, USA
Age: 27
Spoiler for Ep 11:
__________________
You may say that pi is irrational. However, let me point out that 355/113 is close enough to pi for most purposes. And if that is not good enough for you, then who's being irrational?
therationalpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 21:11   Link #1036
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
<rant omitted...>
Well off course those anime weren't... If they were then i'm sure the writers of h20 would sue those shows for plagiarising their story.

Rationality and logic are all relative especially when it comes to movies, series or anime. As long as the writer establishes a environment that's self sustainable and doesn't contradict itself, then you really can't ask for anything more.

Like no one ever said, "hey robot assassins that go back into the past to kill a person doesn't exist" in the Terminator movie, why? Because it's been established that in that scenerio they do exist.

In terms of h20, it was established quite early on that

Spoiler for spoiler:
__________________

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2008-03-15 at 22:51. Reason: removed the rant
holyman282 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 21:31   Link #1037
siber222000
미, 미, 미 미쿠루빔~!!!
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Age: 23
Spoiler:
__________________
siber222000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 22:28   Link #1038
atividia
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Spoiler:
This was fairly common throughout the late 19th century in the United States against African Americans, as well as during World War II against Japanese Americans within America. Dumb attitude to hold in real life at this time? Sure. Dumb attitude to hold in real life back then? People of that era would argue otherwise. Dumb in the story? Absolutely not. Why can't a common real life scenario be used in a story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Spoiler:
The Communist Revolution in Russia. Sound familiar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheuz View Post
Spoiler:
Yes you can. Ever heard of a psychosomatic disorder? Another scenario similar to this is when, in Shion no Ou, Shion (the protagonist shougi player) can't speak at all after having witnessed the murder of her parents and being told by the murderer not to speak. It's totally possible for emotional trauma to disable a particular function, and if you need the science behind it, here it is:

Emotions operate mostly in the subconscious mind. You can't actively decide to be sad or happy without self-hypnosis (the closest thing you could do is to think of a happy, sad, angry memory and let your emotions kick in from there). Self-hypnosis, however, isn't just a matter of listening to a tape repeating certain things while you're falling asleep. Severe emotional trauma can also trigger a state where the subconscious mind is able to accept direct external or internal manipulation (basically what a hypnotic state is). It's analogous to operating from root within *nix; everything is open to change. Other things are also deeply rooted within subconscious processes, such as your five senses, movement, speech, memory associations, etc.

Now, if a person suffers from deep emotional trauma and decides that he/she doesn't want to have to see such an event ever again, just that thought could make the person go blind, and that's probably what happened in Takuma's case.

Sorry for picking your argument apart like this. Some of the points you make are totally valid in the context of modern western civilization, but things are much different in other parts of the world.
atividia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 23:36   Link #1039
Zippicus
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Detroit, MI
Quote:
Originally Posted by atividia View Post
Sorry for picking your argument apart like this. Some of the points you make are totally valid in the context of modern western civilization, but things are much different in other parts of the world.
I just wanted to comment on this part. It's true that things are different all over the world, but we're talking about modern Japan here, not some 3rd world nation. They have a modern legal system that frowns upon things like arson, assault, and murder. Even the most brain dead adult would have to realize that the "but she's a cockroach" defense isn't going to cut it if the long arm of the law comes knocking.
Zippicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 23:53   Link #1040
relentlessflame
 
*Administrator
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Age: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippicus View Post
I just wanted to comment on this part. It's true that things are different all over the world, but we're talking about modern Japan here, not some 3rd world nation. They have a modern legal system that frowns upon things like arson, assault, and murder. Even the most brain dead adult would have to realize that the "but she's a cockroach" defense isn't going to cut it if the long arm of the law comes knocking.
This was discussed in this thread way back in the beginning of this thread. It was mentioned that, even today, this sort of behaviour isn't unheard of in some parts of rural Japan. It isn't as big of a stretch as you seem to think. That being said, who says this is "modern Japan" anyway? They never said that, did they? It's the world of H2O. The most important thing is that the characters behave in a way that's consistent with the world established in the story. Would it have been better if they had started the story with "In a distant galaxy far, far away..."?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, magic, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
We use Silk.