AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-03-23, 17:56   Link #1241
molitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
^^^ Potential flaming by me but meh w/e
Altho your calling reviving dumb, consider this: said in numerous previous posts, if spirits work, then why not ressurection (sp?).
Also the only reason Otoha called takuma the "promised one" was because she was following what Hotaru wrote in her picture book. There wasn't much other reason from what i could see. The Destined one part came in only cuz of the kagura family believing that by having Hotaru marrying Takuma, the family would escape their current social status and rule the world.
Ok so they escape their social status.. Well than who is Hirose? All indications show his mother and him to have lived poorly not someone of a real high status. So how does marrying Hirose raise their social status. Their was nothing but gapping holes and unexplainations to make this anime make much sense at all.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 18:05   Link #1242
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Ok so they escape their social status.. Well than who is Hirose? All indications show his mother and him to have lived poorly not someone of a real high status. So how does marrying Hirose raise their social status. Their was nothing but gapping holes and unexplainations to make this anime make much sense at all.
It's alluded in a number of situations that the Hirose family has quite a bit of political influence in Japan. They did not explain, however, why Hirose's family was living in a small apartment (explained in H2O and √AAA)
mandarb916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:30   Link #1243
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Sakura No Uta game
Ahaha, guess you don't know. This game was supposed to come out 4 years ago and STILL hasn't come out yet.
Super delaying for the lose, since I wanted to play this game after reading the manga.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 19:59   Link #1244
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post

He isn't a wuss at all, but it is just that the situation that he is in won't allow him to quickly help her. And one more thing...he is blind! (I expect a blind man to kick ass? ^^).
you didn't see enough wuxia I guess

and I were under the impression that Hayami got away at the end because I didnt see or hear any "squid" of blood, gundam fake death and plot device makes me a well trained professionally now
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 20:21   Link #1245
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgz View Post
and I were under the impression that Hayami got away at the end because I didnt see or hear any "squid" of blood, gundam fake death and plot device makes me a well trained professionally now
Then try to explain why Hayami never reappeared in front of Takuma for so many years, or why he considered her dead and made a windmill for her.

-Tried to start a blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-03-23, 20:25   Link #1246
Maximz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanos View Post
ok thanks guys for unromatasizing it via over analyzing. Since it's too late for me might as well point out a few things that i've noticed.

1) when they told takuma that he's always been blind, why cudn't he just say "but uncle, i know your pants are purple" or something of the sort to show that he knew what color things were without other ppl telling him?
2) Give or take, i like how it went, but about hayami running onto the tracks, it seemed too perfect and therefore had to be planned. That brings up a few questions. a) how did hayami know about how takuma's mother died [takuma/other could have told her, not ruling that one out, but i think that would be important enough to show it in the anime] b)given she knew how takuma's mom died, how did she plan stopping in front of tracks, a kid running into the tracks, the train coming on command, AND giving that little speech about not abandoning him at the same time?

as far as him being blind well if im right i think it was like if he accepts the truth then he can see n if he trys to run from it he goes blind again till he accepts it which is why he went blind again and i believe that when he goes blind everything he thought he saw and did change to something that he didnt see or do so even if he was to say uncle ur pants are purple i bet he would be like takuma ....there orange XD... and i also think the uncle discussed with hayami bout how takuma's mom died... and everyone keeps saying that the whole train thing was planned you kno what i think it wasnt planned by her i think it was planned by dun dun dun OTOHA! otoha was all like run into the train dont worry XD and made her dissappear for serval years hence how otoha was able to bring her back XD like BAAM! look your wife is back and more beautiful then ever APPRECIATE ME BUM! XD lmao

besides the point i really think she did die saving the kid by pushing him and that the only reason she lived was cuz otoha saved her but otoha was not able to restore her life till later on which we saw which i felt was the best way to end this anime even tho I WANT MORE.....n could they not have made hamaji a guy >_< sheesh that was so not right n hamaji continued to dress like a girl like wtf man thats just not right!
Maximz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 20:27   Link #1247
jellyunicorn123

I agree that the producers used Hayami as a plot device.

Which ever she ends up to be, a real person or a spirit, is still a lose/lose situation.

1) If she is reincarnated, then her death was pointless. Sure it gave Hirose the shock factor, so he can see again, BUT the kid Hayami tried to save is still DEAD. If would have been better to know that Hayami and the kid didn't die rather avoided the train accident.
And to cure Hirose's blindness, his friends and family gathered together to RE-act his mother's death.

2) If she is now a spirit then Hirose will never be happy and live a normal life. Being in love with a spirit will make him suffer MORE, cuz everyone will think he's a FREAK, not that he's not already one. Since he is already mentally challenged, Hirose's going to have to see a SHRINK for the rest of his life.
If this is the case, i would rather have Hirose either DIE trying to save Hayamir @ the train track or move on with his life and far inlove with someone else.

Now that i think about it...this isn't nessarily a happy ending.
jellyunicorn123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 20:37   Link #1248
Maximz

well u gotta figure if hayami was brought back now dont u think the kid she went to save was some how protected by hayami's dead body....
Maximz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:07   Link #1249
Kanos
Milk...

Send a message via MSN to Kanos
Maximz: nice with no punctuation lol. But you did bring up a good point which i totally forgot and that was otoha leading hayami into the train in takuma's dream. We all talk about how her ressurection was brought about after hayami died. But mayb there's another method. Check this out: what if otoha used her council conving powers to convince the council that they don't kill hayami. but she isn't allowed to be in the "human" world for however long. A spiritual/physical prison if you will. And after however long she can now go back into the human world. So in fact it may not have been "we revive hayami and built her an age suitable body [unlike otoha, but i figure that's what floats the council's boat i guess]" rather something like "hayami, we will teleport you to the spirit world right before the train hit you [and the boy??] for X amount of time"

Heck i bet it was the same boy that ran into the train, and the boy was provided by the spirit council lol
Kanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 21:10   Link #1250
Kit-Tsukasa

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but does anyone have any nice/cute/moe images or wallpapers of Hayami? I've already been to this site, but it doesn't have much: http://moeanige.blog118.fc2.com/blog-category-4.html

Saimoe 2011 (as of end of First Prelims): Waiting for main tournament bracket draw.
Kit-Tsukasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:14   Link #1251
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

An appropriately WTF ending for a thoroughly WTF series. Considering I never really knew what to expect from week to week, no surprise that the end should be a head-scratcher. I've read every interpretation over the last seven pages of posts and, frankly, none of them strikes me as especially more likely than any of the others - so in the end, we have an enigma. About the only thing we know for sure is Hamaji likes girls and still cross-dresses.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-23, 23:43   Link #1252
iczelion74
Lost Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
\About the only thing we know for sure is Hamaji likes girls and still cross-dresses.
Look at the positive, his daughter will have even more hand me downs. And I think to garnish any enjoyment from that ending you have to throw all reason to the wind(mill). Im just going to pretend that a real flesh and blood Hayami is back, and that is that. Who knows as open as the ending is its possible that even may be the truth. And whats up with hotaru's hair color?
Old 2008-03-24, 00:38   Link #1253
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Why should the hair color be explicable when nothing else is?

This is one of those endings that's a blank page, I suppose, for our imaginations to fill in. It seemed happy enough so it must be happy - or something. And if none if it really made any literal sense (it didn't) again, that's pretty much in keeping with this Abenobashi-esque survery course of dissonant anime genres and styles.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:06   Link #1254
molitar

Well sure didn't seem to be a happy ending to me either way.. After all isn't that his child in the last episode? Which means he married most likely than let's bring Hayami back.. WTF? How is that a happy ending instead it would be she is either a spirit and only he can see her.. or she is back and now he has to deal with his first love and his current wife.. how is that a good ending?
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:08   Link #1255
serenade_beta
マジ天使

Quote:
Originally Posted by molitar View Post
Well sure didn't seem to be a happy ending to me either way.. After all isn't that his child in the last episode?
No... That's Hamaji's.

Old 2008-03-24, 01:10   Link #1256
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Eh, a decent ending to a mediocre series. I thought that she had died, but apparently not. It was similar to Air in that it probably requires a rewatch or two to really understand the full story, but I would much rather rewatch Air than this.
I guess she was brought back to life through some magical spirit means, that one girl had a kid with an androgynous okama boy, and Hotaru is now Boss.
Old 2008-03-24, 01:45   Link #1257
DanielSong39

The last episode was a real head-scratcher, but I've seen worse endings than this - so no real complaints. This show consistently ranged from mediocre to good and never really broke out either way.

In the end, the story was a healthy mix of reality and fantasy, and we're left in the dark as to what really happened. Did Takuma's mother really commit suicide? Did Takuma rescue Hayami? Did Hayami die? Does Otoha exist? Is Hayami a human or a spirit? In the end, the show substituted a huge grey area for answers. It could be called artistic license or just a plain cop-out, depending on one's mood.

Let me know if there is any news of a spin-off - would love to see more of Magical Otoha.
DanielSong39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:48   Link #1258
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
Eh, a decent ending to a mediocre series. I thought that she had died, but apparently not. It was similar to Air in that it probably requires a rewatch or two to really understand the full story, but I would much rather rewatch Air than this.
I guess she was brought back to life through some magical spirit means, that one girl had a kid with an androgynous okama boy, and Hotaru is now Boss.
Did you just completely copy my post? I was saying how similar it was to Air but how it's not.
KholdStare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-24, 01:58   Link #1259
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Did you just completely copy my post? I was saying how similar it was to Air but how it's not.
Oh, definately. I just found it, too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Spoiler for Just in case:
Actually, I agree and such, since I have no idea what was real or Takuma's craziness. I'd also say that Otoha is an omniscent magical girl who has the ability to randomly appear in loli form and bring back the dead.

I guess asian minds think alike.
Except regarding Kino's Journey and Manabi Straight.

Seriously, though, I watched Kino's Journey when I was in elementary school, so I probably didn't get it.
My dad rented Serial Experiments LAIN and Kino's Journey for me and my brother when we were twelve and ten (respectively.) because we asked to see some anime DVD's. Nice.
He also rented the Evangelion movies without us having watched the TV series prior.
Old 2008-03-24, 03:02   Link #1260
Darkside

Send a message via AIM to Darkside
Yayy a happy ending. Those are hard to come by now a days .

I also refuse to look into the possibility that she's really dead and that's a spirit and all of that lol. She came back looking hotter than ever. Good enough for me and Hirose.

SATISFIED.

Edit: Also one thing I noticed about the train that went by when Hayami was in the tracks, was that she was on tracks on the further side of the crossing, however the train that passed was on the closer side and only one train passed by...

Last edited by Darkside; 2008-03-24 at 03:16.
Darkside is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, magic, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs