AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-05, 15:57   Link #121
Thingle
Banned

maybe I like the girl getting beat up. It moves me.
Thingle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 16:04   Link #122
Jerseykid

I love the premise
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 16:13   Link #123
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dop View Post
Well, obviously, it's some kind of psychosomatic blindness, and we'll find out the reason for it later. Although at times I thought it was all some big con he was pulling so he could feel up girls and lift their skirts with impunity (I thought he used his white stick?).

All that promised one business seems pretty intriguing though, and what is Otoha-chan, a figment of his imagination or is she what she says she is?
Mind you, when Otoha led him into the sea and told him he was the promised one, my first thought was "Please tell me she's not Loli the Baptist!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Administrative questions... Well, there's a recent remake of the game called √After and Another that you can purchase pretty much wherever ero-games are sold (HimeyaShop for example - NSFW!). It's the same as the original visual novel, except it contains two additional routes (Yui and Setsuna).

The show airs Friday mornings at 1:30am (Japanese time), so if you live in Europe/the Americas/etc. that's the equivalent to sometime on Thursday. Fansubs are out whenever they're out...

Yes -- 12 episodes.
Thats disappointing ,Lets hope they don't rush the ending or ruin a promising looking anime.
ReizoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:08   Link #124
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Well the first episode bored me to tears, it might end up being a different visual novel/dating sim based show such as last season ef and Kimikiss but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'll wait until the show is done before giving it another chance.
That's the way to go. I at least give a few episode a try before completely abandoning it ^^ *cough* Shugo Chara *chouh*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyel View Post
The history is very promissing, but...

a very poor pencil art for characters is notable.

The fan service events was very forced, I only approve the first one

I will follow next episodes by curiosity.
Some who agrees with me on the amount of fan service the anime has. While I can agree with someone how feels fan services like those panty shot, it brings out more of the characters traits and disabilities more, like when Takuma *I think that was his name ^^* though that girl for another and accidentally groped her and other situations too.

- The remake of the game is nothing too serious anyway.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:17   Link #125
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

First episode was kinda bland. We'll see where this goes.
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:25   Link #126
Blaat
AS member for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
That's the way to go. I at least give a few episode a try before completely abandoning it ^^ *cough* Shugo Chara *chouh*
That's the thing though I'm not completely abandoning it. I'm simply waiting until its done (all episodes subbed) before giving it another chance. So in thirteen weeks I might post again and say I love it. ;p
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:47   Link #127
ApostleOfGod
^.^

I have a feeling it's not going to turn out like School Days.

This might have been mentioned already earlier, but in any case, I think it's of some importance for those who might want to try predicting what happens in the near future.

Spoiler for *Footprints in the Sand*poem:

I actually have a copy of that poem so, I was quite surprised when they used it for the anime. For some reason, the name's relevance didn't come to me before I watched the beginning of Episode 1... Lol

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 19:48   Link #128
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aoie_Emesai View Post
Some who agrees with me on the amount of fan service the anime has.
This series doesn't have any high amounts of fanservice. We had two scenes staring Hinata, and thats about it. Two scenes is not an awfully lot, and i doubt we are going to have much of those anyway, especially as long as he has regained his eyesight as both scenes were connected to his blindness issue. Somehow i doubt they are going to make a running gag out of this.
Old 2008-01-05, 19:56   Link #129
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

In the beginning, the premise of a blind dude as a male lead in a romance series is quite interesting. But right before the end of ep1
Spoiler for ep 1:
. This then give the vibe of another romance-which-might-turn-into-harem anime of the year.
Other than the blind male lead premise, I can't really find many things that aren't cliche. Otoha will probably be just another form of supernatural power, be that she's fairy, god, alien, angel, whatever. I hope she's not Jesus. For the bullying, Kohinata will either attempt suicide
Spoiler for Myself ; Yourself heavy spoiler:
or fight back like Kenichi in HSD. I hope she won't just suddenly become friends with Yui and her two lackeys. At least there's gotta be some killing to spice it up. The plot that I'll be interested in is why would Hinata and her grandpa call him Hirose-sama and why Otoha call him the promised one? I hope this series has nothing to do with a random teen saving the world kind of plot.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 20:00   Link #130
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
This series doesn't have any high amounts of fanservice. We had two scenes staring Hinata, and thats about it. Two scenes is not an awfully lot, and i doubt we are going to have much of those anyway, especially as long as he has regained his eyesight as both scenes were connected to his blindness issue. Somehow i doubt they are going to make a running gag out of this.
Yeah, actually, I think the fanservice scenes were just tied to the "the things blind people can get away with..." gag that began at the start of the show. And actually, it told us something about Takuma's character (he acts clueless, and he didn't do any of those things on purpose, but... His under-his-breath comment in the infirmary was pretty funny. ) The scenes themselves were a bit over-the-top, but I didn't think it was excessive or anything. Just kept things from getting too serious, most of all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by plzd0ntkeelme View Post
At least there's gotta be some killing to spice it up.
Wait... what?
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 20:05   Link #131
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
That's why I only chose the word "amount of" instead of other some significant value , it had some but just enough for expressing him.

After reading my own post, I guess I did sorta expressed it like the anime had more than what was shown >.<

I hope so too, Skyfall ^_^

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 20:08   Link #132
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Wait... what?
Hehe, I think it'll be cool if Kohinata pulls Columbine on those bullies.
plzd0ntkeelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 21:09   Link #133
Solafighter
Hige

For the High Definition fans under you, i just uploaded the opening in HD on Stage6.

http://www.stage6.com/user/Craft_Law...-Sand-OP-in-HD
(DivX requested)

Spoiler for samples(pices):

Enjoy.

Last edited by Solafighter; 2008-02-17 at 06:34.
Solafighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-05, 23:47   Link #134
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I had been anticipating H2O for a good while now. The premise appealed to me since the main character Takuma is blind. What i find interesting is the reason behind his blindness which of course will be reveled as the story progresses. AS lighthearted as H2O seemed we learn that thats not at all true as one of the first scenes we see is Hayami getting the crap beat out of her so our Nanaka look alike has some issues, but the soft side that we see come out every now and then is what has drawn me to her as a character. Those 2 guys must feel like big men beating up a middle school girl i look forward to their painful death and the meaning behind the name Roach Women.

Otoha who i thought was a real girl at first proved me the hell wrong she is actually a spirit i didnt expect that. But obviously she waiting for Takuma as he is suppose to serve a purpose the exchange is his sight back but only for a limited amount of time. I actually like this since this gift has a time limit.

What really stood for me was the BGM which im in love with already. The beach scene with Takuma and Otoha had a beautiful Flute, violin, and piano concerto playing and set the mood of the beach and Takuma getting his sight back perfectly. I will be picking the OST as soon as its available
Old 2008-01-06, 00:39   Link #135
ThoHell

Damn, that's just wrong to beat someone up like that who won't even fight back. Poor girl. I'm not quite sure what it is, but this series seems somewhat interesting....looking forward to next episode to see how everyone will react to him getting his vision back.
Oh no, my signature was 550 pixles wide and 474 KB. That's too big and it has been deleted by a forum mod, guess I didn't read the Forum Rules. If only I had paid attention I wouldn't have to deal with this irritation now.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2008-01-06 at 10:38.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 02:26   Link #136
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It's only a matter of time until Kohinata snaps I'd say. Though she already seems to be a bit out of it already and acts it out.

BTW, I wish they did not have two Hinata's in the show. Sort of confusing
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 02:54   Link #137
Ahlunn
mEloixity

I kinda like the fact that Takuma's father is buff... makes me feel more assured about his expectant "treatment" by the others in school for his innocence of being a general good guy. Seriously though, Hayami's part of the show really bugs me. I hope this anime goes in a good direction, although I believe that I will enjoy this nonetheless.
Ahlunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:07   Link #138
Chaos2Frozen
:)

Well if anything, at least the opening and ending theme songs are good

I'll withhold character judgement for now, though there's a good chance I'll follow this through to the end... Erm, better not jinx it

On first impression it is a suitable replacement for the now over "Myself;Yourself" ...
Chaos2Frozen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-06, 03:28   Link #139
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

FINALLY! A show with enough drama to keep me interested, but mellow enough to create a down-to-earth feel. Can't wait to see how this one plays out.
Old 2008-01-06, 03:51   Link #140
stewie0814

Looks like an ok show. I get a strange feeling whenever they punched hayami though
stewie0814 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bishoujo, drama, kadokawa, magic, makura, romance, school life, seinen, zexcs