AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Gundam

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 47 14.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 20.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 80 25.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 23.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 36 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.57%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.31%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.63%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-06, 08:38   Link #41
neoeagle

This is somewhat related to gundams.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071005/...an_wikipedia_6

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam," ministry official Tsutomu Shimomura said.
lol.Gundam fever.
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 08:39   Link #42
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoeagle View Post
This is somewhat related to gundams.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071005/...an_wikipedia_6

lol.
I just read that earlier. That is AWESOME.

"The agriculture ministry is not in charge of Gundam." But it should be. ~_^

Avatar v. 33.0: 101st Airborne Division [Air Assault]. The "Screaming Eagles" Division.
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 09:00   Link #43
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7Th View Post
they should have gone the Turn A route for the introduction.
Something like that only works for Turn A Gundam.
Old 2007-10-06, 09:01   Link #44
brightman
Ancient Member

BTW, is the first ep censored? The very beginning has those kids shooting at the MS, then a grey frame of animation where the sound breaks, and then bbq kids.

Surprised if it were, since the timeslot has had so much violence before this.
Old 2007-10-06, 09:28   Link #45
toxic_trance
~Anpan~
*Artist

K..I am a complete GUNDAM n00b. Even though I follow animea lot..I never could get myself to watch GUNDAM. So if i want to follow this one..Would I be needing any knowledge from the previous series??
Old 2007-10-06, 09:32   Link #46
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I really enjoy the first episode. Instead of slow start, this series starts off with full powered action. The highlight of the episode is definitely the Gundams in action. Surprisingly the Gundams are not really overpowered, as Exia was having difficulties facing many AEU Hellions. It's funny to see Exia chopping AEU Enact's limbs off with the pilot screaming humiliated. Another Orange-kun. The other Gundams fulfilled their roles pretty good, and Virtue blasted the Hellion into oblivion is certainly overkill.

Character wise, nothing much is known, although I have images of Yagami Light every time Setsuna talks. Graham's friend has one lame hair design. Allelujah starts to annoy me. Is it necessary to say hallelujah every time he appears?

I also notice that Setsuna is a scarf-lover. He has red, white, green, as seen in the opening and ending.

Overall, a good start. Looking forward to Episode 2
Old 2007-10-06, 09:33   Link #47
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
i wld say a nice start after all the previous Gundamjacking frm SEED/Destiny.......kinda surprise that the grunts wld call for backup n surround exia to bring him down.......
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 09:37   Link #48
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Meh, this is getting a 7 from me. I'm hoping the next episode will be better, but I just got the impression that too many characters with "mysterious pasts" were being shoved in our faces all at once. I also think that having Setsuna come in with Exia at the end would've been better than having the main character do some stuff at the beginning, and sit still the rest of the while... I woulda liked to see some build up to him comin' in. This just strikes me as a beginning that coulda used more work, but will improve with time. Though I really liked the opening scene with Setsuna.

...Not philosopical questions - Just what I have to remind myself every time I walk into a room..
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 09:39   Link #49
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxic_trance View Post
K..I am a complete GUNDAM n00b. Even though I follow animea lot..I never could get myself to watch GUNDAM. So if i want to follow this one..Would I be needing any knowledge from the previous series??
No. You don't need any knowledge from previous series to watch this. It's all new
Old 2007-10-06, 09:41   Link #50
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Allelujah starts to annoy me. Is it necessary to say hallelujah every time he appears?
Devoted christian, cant blame him XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
i wld say a nice start after all the previous Gundamjacking frm SEED/Destiny.......kinda surprise that the grunts wld call for backup n surround exia to bring him down.......
It means that they are smarter that ZAFTies.
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 09:45   Link #51
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pride View Post

It means that they are smarter that ZAFTies.
another notice is that seems like they disable the units, rather than killing them when necessary depends on the situation....
Old 2007-10-06, 09:46   Link #52
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
Meh, this is getting a 7 from me. I'm hoping the next episode will be better, but I just got the impression that too many characters with "mysterious pasts" were being shoved in our faces all at once. I also think that having Setsuna come in with Exia at the end would've been better than having the main character do some stuff at the beginning, and sit still the rest of the while... I woulda liked to see some build up to him comin' in. This just strikes me as a beginning that coulda used more work, but will improve with time. Though I really liked the opening scene with Setsuna.
Sounds like you want a repeat of Seed & Seed Destiny's first eps then?

I agree though, the last part of the show, with the speech and everything could stand to be a bit more dramatic... I blame the music, which was waaaaaay too subtle, but I guess they wanted an ominous feel to it.
Old 2007-10-06, 09:49   Link #53
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post

I agree though, the last part of the show, with the speech and everything could stand to be a bit more dramatic... I blame the music, which was waaaaaay too subtle, but I guess they wanted an ominous feel to it.
the last speech i find it rather too early to reveal the entire world of what they have done.....kinda break the climax....
Old 2007-10-06, 09:52   Link #54
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
the last speech i find it rather too early to reveal the entire world of what they have done.....kinda break the climax....
But they weren't revealing what they have done, they were introducing themselves to the world after doing the stuff they did this ep. A declaration of war, of sorts.

Though like I said, the execution of that scene was a bit weak.
Old 2007-10-06, 09:55   Link #55
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Well, I think Celestial Being has a very show-off way of declaring war to the world. Let's see, they disable a faction's newest MS without trouble and then save another faction's solar elevator. How powerful is that? It's like saying: "We can save you and kick your ass very easily"
Old 2007-10-06, 10:00   Link #56
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Well, I think Celestial Being has a very show-off way of declaring war to the world. Let's see, they disable a faction's newest MS without trouble and then save another faction's solar elevator. How powerful is that? It's like saying: "We can save you and kick your ass very easily"
Well I guess they just want to show how much power they have and it seems to me that destroying AEU's newest ms and saving solar elevator is good way to get free publicity. I do think like most people the first episode was slow, but I still liked it. The Gundam weren't overpowered like thought it would be and well the battle were pretty good, only thing that I hope is that limited reused scene in battle.
Old 2007-10-06, 10:00   Link #57
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Judging from trailer narration and such, a huge part of 00 seems to revolve around the world's changes from this sudden insertion of Celestial Beings into a conflict that seemed to had been on a stalemate for many years. So, it's only natural that there's an need to put this out early so that the actual subplots and all that can properly start.

Which might explain why there are characters that seem like they don't really fit into the scale of the whole thing in a big or directly influential like Saji and all, along with how the OP and ED seems to indicate a degree of solo-Meisters around the globe.

Though yeah, the last scene's storyboarding and execution just feel uninspired. It feels 'real' in a sense, his speech wasn't over-the-top and the reactions were normal, but it could take a little liberty to make it more dramatic. After all, entertainment right?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 10:01   Link #58
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
WOW. Setsuna F seuei. Nogami Ryotaro (Kamen Rider Den-o) Wannabe.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 10:03   Link #59
inkphoenix
++ The FABULOUS ++

Quote:
I really enjoy the first episode. Instead of slow start, this series starts off with full powered action. The highlight of the episode is definitely the Gundams in action. Surprisingly the Gundams are not really overpowered, as Exia was having difficulties facing many AEU Hellions. It's funny to see Exia chopping AEU Enact's limbs off with the pilot screaming humiliated. Another Orange-kun. The other Gundams fulfilled their roles pretty good, and Virtue blasted the Hellion into oblivion is certainly overkill.

Character wise, nothing much is known, although I have images of Yagami Light every time Setsuna talks. Graham's friend has one lame hair design. Allelujah starts to annoy me. Is it necessary to say hallelujah every time he appears?

I also notice that Setsuna is a scarf-lover. He has red, white, green, as seen in the opening and ending.

Overall, a good start. Looking forward to Episode 2
I think something same as you. AEU number one pilot is orange-kun.
Exia vs AEU number one pilot is the part of funny in the first episode.
And ..No No NO I try to think Setsuna doesn't look like Yagami Light.But in ED 555+

Spoiler for scene:

And Setsuna is scarf-lover. It's True 555+ But I like most is red scarf.

However Gundam 00 has very well animeted. I think.
inkphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 10:03   Link #60
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jafri
WOW. Setsuna F seuei. Nogami Ryotaro (Kamen Rider Den-o) Wannabe
Huh? You mean the red scarf? LOL