AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 47 14.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 20.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 80 25.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 23.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 36 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.57%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.31%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.63%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-18, 16:23   Link #641
monster

They interacted, but I don't recall much character development in the first 2 episodes of either series, especially with Heero. As for 00, they have at least 23 more episodes to have Setsuna interact with somebody (possibly Graham and/or Marina).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 17:19   Link #642
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Uh, are you that forgetful?

Athrun vs. Kira they were bantering back and forth for a while during the second episode until the AA came out to end it.

In GW, if memory serves correctly, the entire second episode was Heero going incognito as a schoolboy and being quite the chick magnet.
Old 2007-10-18, 17:40   Link #643
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
In GW, if memory serves correctly, the entire second episode was Heero going incognito as a schoolboy and being quite the chick magnet.
Wrong. The scenes with Heero in them were mostly him going off and do weird and confusing things on his own. A considerable amount of time was devoted to Relena and the other Gundam pilots (who got less lines than the Gundam Meisters did this ep).

Only two scenes where Relena and Heero actually do anything together in the first two episodes, one was "Omae wo korosu" of course, and the other is Heero pointing the gun at Relena and Duo shooting him.

If you ask me, Wing's first two episodes were an infinite times more confusing and senseless than 00 so far, at least on the first watch.

Last edited by brightman; 2007-10-18 at 20:06.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-18, 17:43   Link #644
monster

I guess we have different views of what development is.

I consider Kira deciding to not take the shuttle, deciding to kill without hesitation, meeting with the Tiger, fighting with Athrun on the islands, and taking Freedom all as part of his character development.

On the other hand, his meeting with Athrun is just like knowing Setsuna's background. Both tells us something about the character, but they don't necessarily develop the character.

I don't remember Wing as much, but being a chick magnet would be the same thing, and that actually tells us a little less about himself, only what some teenage girl thinks of him.
Old 2007-10-18, 19:12   Link #645
Demongod86

I'm not saying that the first 2 eps were all of his development. I'm saying that he had a far more significant development than Setsuna. Setsuna had the one war scene. Okay. That's ALL of the background the anime gave us on ALL of the characters combined.

See something wrong yet?
Old 2007-10-18, 19:17   Link #646
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^LMAO....You prolly couldn't write about Heero's character development at gun-point on a half-torn napkin based on the first few eps of Gundam Wing...Most Wing lovers like myself liked characters like Zechs and Treize far more (on first impresssions alone), we just respected Heero's quiet insanity as the main character...Sheeesh, man...
Old 2007-10-18, 19:47   Link #647
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I'm saying that he had a far more significant development than Setsuna.
First, I would say that, overall, the first two episodes of SEED felt more dramatic and/or engaging to me. But I still don't see how Kira's character specifically was developed more significantly than Setsuna's within that time frame. If anything, they laid the groundwork for Kira's character to develop later on in the story.
Quote:
Setsuna had the one war scene. Okay. That's ALL of the background the anime gave us on ALL of the characters combined.
And we should see the ramification of that soon enough. The fact that he's in CB and his whole attitude in battle already showed the effect of his childhood. Give them more time to develop his character.
Quote:
See something wrong yet?
Well, not yet. For now, it's just something different.
Old 2007-10-18, 20:49   Link #648
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
^LMAO....You prolly couldn't write about Heero's character development at gun-point on a half-torn napkin based on the first few eps of Gundam Wing...Most Wing lovers like myself liked characters like Zechs and Treize far more (on first impresssions alone), we just respected Heero's quiet insanity as the main character...Sheeesh, man...
Yes, Zechs was the man. He was rational to a fault, went through emotions, was a knight in every sense of the word, and even had a woman.

Yes, Zechs was the man. But Heero was the main character