AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

View Poll Results: Mobile Suit Gundam 00 - Episode 01 Rating
Perfect 10 47 14.73%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 64 20.06%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 80 25.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 76 23.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 36 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 6 1.88%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.63%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 1.57%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.31%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.63%
Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-10-06, 12:26   Link #81
Nvis
Grumpy Senior

Maybe I had too high expectations, but the OP didn't sound that great (all except a small part).
And Ending songs were never my cup of tea.
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:30   Link #82
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
Maybe I had too high expectations, but the OP didn't sound that great (all except a small part).
And Ending songs were never my cup of tea.
The first opening song of 00 is alot better than the first of Gundam Seed Destiny Much easier on my ears.
faustianideals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:33   Link #83
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

I think the opening is the best part of this episode!
Old 2007-10-06, 12:37   Link #84
FullMetalKid

Already i am giving this a 10. I honestly liked how the first ep turned out. I probably will have to rewatch the ep since my japanese is so so but giving how this ep is going, it can lead to the series being great. Though that is an IF only. For a 2nd there i thought i saw wings of light but it looked like a butterfly or a peacock. That is my opinion. Thank Gundam for giving me hope that the future series from here on have a chance to redeem and possibly be the best.
FullMetalKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 12:54   Link #85
hamiko_san
September Jellyfish

10 things more, you never know.

Last edited by hamiko_san; 2007-12-25 at 17:00.
hamiko_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:04   Link #86
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

Spoiler for Could this be Char?:
Old 2007-10-06, 13:12   Link #87
neoeagle

I still can't understand how Tieria could be a guy!!
Seriosuly!
neoeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:28   Link #88
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoeagle View Post
I still can't understand how Tieria could be a guy!!
Seriosuly!
*laughs* so you think it's a girl? to me i was wrong. but the hair style and the face he looks like a girl. the character design from Loveless did this because to confuse the fans!?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:32   Link #89
Azure22
Magic Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Azure22
Meh, little late, but:

Quote:
Sounds like you want a repeat of Seed & Seed Destiny's first eps then?
Nah, I felt the same about Gundam SEED Destiny's opening... 'Cept it was worse than this, 'cause they repeated the mech stealing thing. I thought Rey, Shinn, Lunamaria, and Gilbert all had mysterious past things going for them, and I didn't like that there wasn't any sort of gradual introduction... I mean, I get that's the way that the world works, but it's harder to feel anything for the characters at first if they're all just shoved in there. And then you just know later that they're all gonna have to reveal their past somehow, and that's gonna feel sorta repetitive...I dunno... They tried to do too much in one episode, which disappointed me. I just hope this means it's all uphill, now that they've got the groundwork laid.

...Not philosopical questions - Just what I have to remind myself every time I walk into a room..
Azure22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 13:36   Link #90
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Speaking of Tieria, what's up with the technological space (?) with all those red light he's in early in the episode?
Old 2007-10-06, 14:05   Link #91
_X12A_Testament

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Speaking of Tieria, what's up with the technological space (?) with all those red light he's in early in the episode?
Has anyone guessed that he is some kind of artificial human? I suspect that his androgenous appearance will have some kind of explanation. Maybe he is a newtype tranny.
_X12A_Testament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 14:16   Link #92
aardvark

1st episode was great. Rated it about a 8.

The animation was great, maybe the best animation I've ever seen in a Sunrise anime, leagues better than Geass.

The art is fantastic and distinctive, mech designs are awesome, the story if handled well should great. Music was great as well.

I have doubts that this series will achieve the popularity that Seed did, but I think without a doubt it will end up being much better.

Last edited by aardvark; 2007-10-06 at 14:28.
aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 14:33   Link #93
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure22 View Post
I mean, I get that's the way that the world works, but it's harder to feel anything for the characters at first if they're all just shoved in there. And then you just know later that they're all gonna have to reveal their past somehow, and that's gonna feel sorta repetitive...I dunno... They tried to do too much in one episode, which disappointed me. I just hope this means it's all uphill, now that they've got the groundwork laid.
I can see where you're getting at, and yeah, I agree that can be irritating if each and every one of them are like that. On the other hand, most characters that are interesting or unique often have to have some kind of past to make them what they are. However, if the series focuses more on the plot, I don't think every single character in the show will have their past revealed.

I guess what could be more disappointing is that the characters didn't really show any emotion or personality, and maybe that's because the episode was too action packed. I would think, however, that that'll change as we see more episodes.

My thoughts on the first episode: I thought it could've been better. It wasn't uninteresting, but at the same time, it wasn't the best thing I've ever seen. It seemed more like your standard introductory type episode. OP was pretty good; wasn't a big fan of the ED, though the second half of the song sounded very nice.

It's still way too early to say if this series will be good or not, so I'll watch Episode 2 when it comes out and see where this show goes.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:04   Link #94
Kazamachi Shogen
甲賀卍谷衆

Hmm. lets see here, aside from the good graphics and projectile weapons (yay) what do we know.....
1. Pretty boy galore (one of the boys queer looking always)
2. Quiet/Vengeful(sort of) main character
3. Multiple gundams (on my oh my how much mony are going to be made here)
4. A mysterious ship packed with high tech gundams
5. A girl lead with princess title on her

Summing up 1-5 and with a little invincibility = Gundam Wing again ROFL

Hopefully it doesnt turn out this way but this is my reaction after seeing the first episode
Old 2007-10-06, 15:13   Link #95
faustianideals
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazamachi Shogen View Post
Summing up 1-5 and with a little invincibility = Gundam Wing again ROFL
Gundam Wing but Gundams on the map in the USA. If Gundam 00 can compare to what Wing did for the franchise then it would be great.
Old 2007-10-06, 15:19   Link #96
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvark View Post
The animation was great, maybe the best animation I've ever seen in a Sunrise anime...
Not really.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6Kf545Kg4s

Anyway, like someone said in a previous page despite the first episode being solid in its execution the whole thing is just soul-less and amazingly stiff. It's pretty much forced realism with uninteresting characters and a pretty bland setting. I still think they should go for a more "slice-of-life"-lish approach to the show like the ending hints at.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:20   Link #97
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustianideals View Post
Gundam Wing but Gundams on the map in the USA. If Gundam 00 can compare to what Wing did for the franchise then it would be great.
I think with this Gundam there going back to the formula that made the gundam franchise what it is today. And that would be the formula wing had. Now im not saying it will be excatly the same, but they are going in that direction. And you can find the similarities. Especially with Setsuna as the quiet type, and the princess that will try to open him up.
Old 2007-10-06, 15:24   Link #98
Allamanda
Kiyu Fan

I think I won't enjoy this series that much. My biggest problem with OO is that Takagawa's character designs are too thin and too samey. She could do well in other fields, but for an anime which requires many characters and nasty political plot, I don't think she is the best. The same thing can be said for other Gundam series, but for some reasons, in OO I think it's evident. Also, the scenario comes off as pretty shallow.

One of the least appealing Gundam animes ever. The first episodes of even SEED or Destiny which of course I think were unsatisfying after all had been more intriguing. Sorry for such a harsh assessment. Maybe the intended fans this anime is going to get are females who haven't ever been wowed by any Gundam that much. As such, it may be totally wrong for me to expect much from this series.

3/10

I'll give up watching this in a month.
Allamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-06, 15:24   Link #99
Depresionist

Send a message via MSN to Depresionist
Quality Screenshots of the Episode, OP and ED (I choose them frame by frame)
http://www.g-double.com/gallery/inde...=./Screenshots
Old 2007-10-06, 15:25   Link #100
Anonymous00

So far it looks somewhat promising. Even so, I'm getting tired of the whole "We're using powerful weapons to make others stop fighting!" logic. Also, I've been checking the website posted above for a while. It's pretty up-to-date for a show that just started.
Anonymous00 is offline   Reply With Quote